Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Of Truths and Lies

Chapter 11: Sparring and Unexpected People

by SongOfAFallenAngel 0 reviews

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-09-09 - Updated: 2007-09-09 - 951 words

0Unrated
A/N: Just as a quick side note, please check out the one-shot of mine that's now up, "Hate Me". It's just a little fic about Yusuke's thoughts about his mom XD

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Kiara is owned by Yusuke’sSister.

Claimer: I do own the plot line, the Kuro Tournament, Kristy, Jason, Jessica, Chris, Bashere, and Rhurac.

(1) - Kuso means damn in Japanese.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of Truth & Lies

Chapter 11
Sparring and Unexpected People

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------

(One Week Later)

The clash of steel on steel filled up the somewhat large clearing in the forest. To give you a better view of what I mean, I’ll explain: Chris and I are sparring in the middle of the clearing.

We are both using katanas because we can’t risk changing into our demon forms. Or at least that’s what Jason says.

Personally, I don’t see who could be around to feel our energies. I suppose Bashere or one of his goons could sense it, but they already know where we are. Oh well though, I guess it doesn’t really hurt to take precautions... but I still don’t really see a reason for it.

These sparring sessions – or training session rather – have been an almost daily occurrence for the four of us. They happen because Jessica and Chris, now knowing about Bashere, want to help Jason and I and refuse to be persuaded other wise.

Jason finally just gave up trying to tell them that it was too dangerous and decided that they might at least be a large help in training me.

And so here I am now with Chris, our katanas – which he turned out to be actually quite skilled in handling – clashing constantly, almost to the point that they were creating sparks. This had been going on for quite a while now, and both of us are breathing heavily and are covered in sweat. Despite this however, neither of us are going to give into the other.

Finally, Jason stands up, sighing. “That’s enough you two,” he says. “If you keep going on like this you’re both going to pass out.” And after a moment of though, “And I don’t want to have to carry you home Kristy... again.”

I pause in my battle with Chris to glare at my older brother. Sometimes he can be such an annoying bastard.

However, the moment I pause, Chris uses to his advantage and immediately lunges at me.

“Kuso(1)!” I swear as I stumble after barely being able to dodge out of the way of Chris’ blade in time. Glancing down at my arm, I see that I did receive a small cut on my arm, but is very shallow and doesn’t hurt at all so I simply ignore it.

I am about to attack again when I hear a voice.

“I SAID STOP!” Jason yells. Both Chris and I do just that, slowly turning to him with alarmed looks on our faces. Even Jessica is looking up at Jason (She’s sitting down, he’s standing up) with a surprised look on her face.

Jason however ignores our looks and smirks lightly. “Good,” he says. “As I was saying, this is enough for today as you two are thoroughly exhausted and it’s also getting pretty late.”

I glance up at the sky and sure enough, the sun looks like it’s about to set. I sigh and sheathe my now-beloved katana before stalking past Jason and towards the direction of the forest path. I stop however, when I realize that my brother and two best friends are not following me.

Raising an eyebrow, I turn back to them. “Coming,” I ask with a dry tone.

“Or are you just going to stand there and continue watching the grass grow?”

That of course makes them hurry after me quickly and we all start out of the forest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------

(The Next Day)

The morning starts off like it usually does and today I’m wearing my usual attire, only now with a shirt that says, “School prepares you for the real world, which also sucks” on it. Of course I also had on my black choker with it’s sapphire pendant.

I wore the thing every day, mainly because it was something that my mother gave to me when I was and is the last thing of my parents that I have left... Also, it’s a very beautiful piece. It’s shaped like a teardrop, or a raindrop you could say, they’re basically the same, and is gorgeous because it seems to have an endless depth to it, as if the pendant contained an entire lake.

But back to the point, I say a quick good-bye to my brother as I dash out the door and down the steps in a hurry. I had woken up late and was worried that I was going to be late.

No, not worried about being late for school of course – couldn’t care less whether or not I was at school on time... or whether I was there at all – but I didn’t want to miss my friends as they walked by my street.

I slow down as I see that they are only just getting to where my street is, and am quite surprised when I see that Yusuke, Suiichi, Kuwabara, Hiei, Keiko, and even Kiara are there as well.

“Good morning Miss Walker,” Suiichi says politely when he sees me walking up.

“Umm... hey,” I say, still blinking as I look around at everyone, trying to figure out why they are with Jessie and Chris this morning.

TBC
Sign up to rate and review this story