Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Nothing Else Matters

Nothing Else Matters

by xBULLETSx 3 reviews

Gerard and Lily are best friends in Highschool, but a fight makes them go separate ways. What happens when they meet five years later? What happens five years after that? Read and find out. PLea...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-09-08 - Updated: 2007-09-08 - 3693 words

0Unrated
Lily Ross lived a very hard life. Well it seemed hard for her. Her father had died at the beginning of the year, leaving her alone with her mother. Lily’s mother had been dating Lily’s math teacher, Mr Harry Coleman for about 6 months…2 month after the death of her father. What made it worse was Lily really didn’t like Harry…at all.
At least she had her good friends Gerard, Mikey, Frank, Ray, Bob, Ryan, (her brother) Brendon, Spencer, Jon, Sara and Sky. All eleven of them where like her family…no rephrase that, they where her family, especially her best friend - Gerard. Gerard had always been there for her, through everything. She met him in nursery when she was two years old. Now she was seventeen. Her mam didn’t really approve of Gerard at first but soon warmed up to him…and the gang. But enough explaining and let’s get on with our story…

“You’re getting married!” I screeched. “Yes Lily…me and Harry and getting married. Isn’t it exciting?” mam said pulling me into a hug. This was terrible. Why Harry? I hate Harry! Mam pulled away smiling. Whoa…all in one year I have lost my dad, was gaining a new one (not only that but an evil stepsister too), had been fired from my after school job and my hamster died.
“Aren’t you happy for us?” Harry chimed in when he saw the shocked look on my face. I smiled, “Oh…of course I'm happy for you it’s just a….a shock that’s all.” I lied. “So when is this happening like?” I asked in my Jordy acsent. (I was born in the North East of Britain in a little place called Sunderland. Ya people are called Jordys from the North East. Just so ya know.) “Well we are planning to have it in December on Christmas Day.” “We are actually going to discuss it with the church now…wanna come?” mam asked me. Hell no I didn’t want to go! “No actually mam, I told the guys I’d go hang with them…so.” I lied backing up to the door. “Okay Lily, take the front door key.” Mam said before grabbing her car keys. “Why?” I asked. “Well me and Harry are going out of town for a couple of nights, we are checking out the hotels to see which one we’ll stay in after the wedding.” She said walking out the door. “Okay, have fun.” I said as they climbed into the car. They waved and drove off. I grabbed the door key, ran out the house, locked the door and walked my way over to Sara’s.

When I got their Sara was sitting outside with Frank. (As usual) She so has loves him but won’t admit it. “Hey guys.” I said crashing down beside them. “Lily!” Sara screeched hugging me. I smiled, “Okay…Frank what have ya gave her?” I asked him. “What?” Frank said grinning. “Dint what me, she’s buzzing ere. She’s definitely on something here like.” I said looking at Sara who was grinning like hell. “I didn’t give her anything…apart from one of these.” Frank said kissing Sara. My jaw dropped. “Sara you’re going out with Frank?” I asked in shock. “Yeah, that’s why I’m so happy!” she screeched. I smiled before I was pulled up to happy dance. We jumped up and down giggling and Frank looked at us like we where idiots. “Okay, enough of the happy dancing, I wanna go call for Gerard and Mikey.” Frank said. “Oh we’ll come with.” I said detaching myself from Sara. I had always liked Gerard…more than a friend. I think everyone knew by the way I acted but I wasn’t going to admit to it. We started walking along, Sara hand in hand with Frank and me…alone.

Gerard’s P.O.V

I was sitting watching TV when I heard the front door go. It was too early for mum and dad to be back, so who was it? My question was answered as soon as I saw Frank run through the hall into the kitchen yelling “Mmmmm….I smell pancakes!” I laughed to myself. “Hey Gerard.” Someone said from behind me. Lily. My day suddenly got better. “Hey Lily.” I said hugging her. I had always liked Lily, more than a friend. But she couldn’t know…she probably didn’t like me in that way either.
“Are you orite?” she asked me in her cute Jordy acsent. “Yeah, I’m fine, just sick of sch…” I was cut off by Frank jumping in the room and Mikey following yelling, “STOP THEIF! THOSE ARE MY PANCAKES!” “Not anymore Mikey.” Frank said jumping over the couch me and Lily was sitting on. Mikey dived over and landed on Frank, knocking him to the ground. “Ow.” Frank said from underneath Mikey. “Serves you right.” Mikey said taking the pancakes off the floor. “Hey!...mine!” Frank whined as Mikey disappeared into the kitchen.
Lily, Sara and me laughed. Frank although he was seventeen acted like he was two.
“Okay, so we came here to ask you and Mikey if you wanted to come out?” Frank said slamming himself down on the couch squashing Sara. “Hey I’m supposed to sit on you…not the other way round.” Sara called from underneath him. “I know, but can I be the girl this once? Frank asked putting on a girly voice and swishing his hair. We all laughed, man it was good to have friends like these. “Hey, who wants to come back to my place?” Lily asked. “Me mam and Harry are outa town for a couple of days.” I was interested, I was always interested in what she said come to think of it. “I’m up for it.” I said. Everyone else agreed.
“Great, oh two mins I gotta get my coat and we can leave.” I said jumping up and running to the closet. “Okay, good to go.” I said rejoining them. I had slipped on a simple black hoody. Frank and Sara I noticed had their fingers entwined as we where walking, guess he asked her out then. Finally! Mikey was on the phone to Sky who he had been dating for about 4 month now, and Lily…well she was walking on her own. I collided with her and grabbed her arm and linked it with mine. “I didn’t want you to walk on your own.” I said. She smiled, “Thanks, me neither.”

Lily’s P.O.V

We arrived at my house. I noticed Ryan sitting there shivering. Well it was pretty cold and he wasn’t wearing warm clothing. “LILY ROSE ROSS, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!” he screamed when he saw me. I walked over to him and he noticed the guys. “Hey guys,” he said waving and smiling at them. “BUT YOU! IVE BEEN WAITING HER FOR ABOUT AN HOUR IN THE COLD, WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO OPEN THE DOOR!” he roared. I burst out laughing at the thought. “Oh so you think its funny.” He said chasing me around the garden before catching me and carrying me back to the front door. “Now open the door. I’m bloody freezing!” he said stamping his feet and shivering.
He was the first in, then me, Gerard, Frank, Sarah and Mikey. We entered the sitting room laughing and talking as we usually did, then we all stopped when we saw a figure sitting on the couch. “Cuba?” I questioned. It was her. My spoilt, annoying, evil stepsister. What could she possibly want? She had a nice cosy mansion and all the things a little rich girl could want, what was she doing here? “What are ya doing here?” I asked as nicely as I could, it was really hard. “Well, I’m here because Joanna and dad are out of town,” she said. (Joanna is me mam) “And, so is my mum. So I need somewhere to stay don’t I?” she said in a sarcastic tone to make me sound dumb. I would have hit her if Gerard hadn’t pulled me away. He dragged me to the kitchen. “I thought I’d take you away before you do something you’ll regret.” Gerard said to me. “Oh, trust me, nothing I’d do to her I’ll regret.” I said transforming my hands into fists. I headed for the kitchen door but Gerard pulled me back and held onto my arms. He looked at me so I looked at him back. It felt like it went on forever but it must have only been a couple of minutes. Damn! If he only knew how I felt. He then started lowering his head to mine, our lips nearly connected…. “Ahem.” Someone interrupted. Gerard and I moved our faces apart and looked to see who had disturbed us – Cuba. “Yeah just so you know Lily, your mum said you weren’t allowed out unless it was for school and no one is allowed round while I’m here.” She glanced at Gerard who still had hold of me. “Especially boyfriends.” Cuba finished. Gerard blushed and I released myself from his grasp. “Okay, everyone out!” Cuba screamed running into the sitting room. “I’ll call you.” I whispered to Gerard. He nodded and ran out of the house.

I crashed down onto my couch. A couple of days with Cuba, how exciting! NOT!
Cuba came and sat next to me on the couch. “He’s not my boyfriend.” I muttered at her. “What?” she said in her snotty tone. “I said, Gerard is not my boyfriend.” “Yeah, it reaaaalllyy looked like he wasn’t. You where nearly down each others throats.” She said. “Lucky I came just in time or you could have ended up kissing that ugly mong.” She said shuddering to make it more dramatic. My eyes widened and I glanced at her. “Gerard is NOT! Ugly!” I screeched causing Cuba to jump off the couch. “Of course he is, have you seen that awful long black hair? And all that black he wears? He even wears eye makeup, you know I’m not surprised if he hasn’t stole it off you. He looks the type to steal…Scum!” she said before walking into the dining room.

_________________________________

“I HATE HER! HOW DARE SHE SAY THAT ABOUT GERARD! SHE DOESN’T EVEN KNOW HIM!” I screamed down the phone to Sara. “Well, you know we all hate that preppy snob, but she’s your sister Lil…” “STEP! Sister.” I pointed out. “Okay, stepsister, the thing is…oh, I gotta go. Franks here talk later Lil.” Sara said hanging up the phone. I rolled my eyes. That girl. I decided to ring Gerard, he always cheered me up. “Hey Gerard.” I said when he answered the phone.

-2 days later-

“Honestly Lily I dunno how you’re putting up with her.” Frank said as we sat on the bus going to school. All of us where there. Gerard, Sara, Frank, Mikey, Bob, Ray, Ryan, Spencer, Jon, Brendon and Sky. “Yeah, she’s so…so…” Sara started, scrunching up her face and her fists. “EVIL!” Gerard finished for her. “Yeah, and oh so preppy.” Ryan said jumping on my lap. “Ryan, what are you doing?” Brendon asked, looking at Ryan like he was a psycho. “What he said.” I chimed in, pointing at Brendon. “I’m using her as a human chair.” Ryan said. “Shut up.” I said pushing him off me. He laughed. Suddenly he stopped. We all turned to see why – Cuba. “What’s she doing on our bus?” Spencer hissed. “I don’t know, let me pull out my crystal ball.” I said sarcastically. “Hey can you actually do that?” Jon asked dumbly. “No.” I hissed. Cuba dropped in the seat in front of ours. We took up the back seats. She was wearing this really ugly pink skirt, a white jacket, pink tie, white tights, she carried a pink bag and had pink high heels on. One mad school uniform. We tried to ignore her and carried on chatting away to one another.


Our bus pulled up at our school eventually. Me, Gerard, Sara, Frank, Mikey, Ray and Bob had all our classes together. Ryan, Spencer, Jon, Brendon and Sky had different classes so we could only see them at lunch.
“Okay…what’s our first class?” I asked as we walked along. “Erm…we have Maths with Mr. Dike...” Gerard said reading his timetable.
We all entered the classroom and took our seats in the back. Ray sat at the end of the row in the left corner. Bob sat next to Ray and on Sara’s left. Mikey was on Sara’s right and Gerard’s left. I sat next to Gerard in the right corner of the room. I was chatting away to Gerard when Mr. Dike came in. Immediately the class hushed. “Morning everyone.” He said merrily. “Before we start, I would like to introduce a new student. She just transferred from Greenwood Prep School. So please welcome Miss Cuba Coleman.” He said clapping. Others chimed in but me, Gerard, Sara, Frank, Mikey, Ray and Bob sat there in disbelieve. Cuba came waltzing through the door like she was worth millions. She started smiling, showing off her pearly whites. She was still wearing that preppy uniform too. “Okay Cuba, take a seat and we’ll get started.” Mr. Dike said rubbing his hands together. I sighed. Not only was she ruining my life at home but no at school. As if reading my thoughts, Gerard looked at me apologetically and put his hand on mine. He smiled at me and I smiled back. He always made me feel better. “Ahem.” We turned our attention back to the classroom. Mr. Dike was standing in front of mine and Gerard’s desks. “You can keep your romancing and whatnot for after class.” He said looking at us sternly. Gerard removed his hand and started blushing, just like the other day in the kitchen. Mr. Dike turned away and walked back to the chalkboard. “Okay, Miss. Davidson, tell me the answer to this equation.”

Gerard’s P.O.V

“Dude, are you seriously going with Lily Ross?” someone asked me. “NO!” I shouted. It was all everyone was saying to me apart from things like, “Is she a good kisser?” or “Have you been in her pants yet?” It was really annoying. I reached the cafeteria. There was Mikey and Frank. I went up to them and sat down. “Hey guys.” I said taking my lunch out of my messenger bag. “Where is everyone?” I asked, taking a bite of my cheese sandwich. “Well, Brendon, Ryan, Spencer, Jon, Sky and Lily are in detention. Sara, Bob and Ray are at home for lunch.” Mikey said forking salad into his mouth. I nearly choked on my sandwich. “What are Lily and the guys in detention for?” I said. “Well Sara was getting bother of these Jocks and well Lily went and…well she decked them really. With a little help from the guys too.” Frank said pinching my cheese sandwich out of my hand. “HEY!” I yelled trying to get it back off him. I failed miserably making my chair topple over bringing me with it. Frank and Mikey peered over me. They looked quite serious. Then they burst out laughing, Frank fell of his chair and landed by me causing more laughter.

We finally got off the floor and back into our chairs. “So you and Lily are…” Mikey started. “No! Not you too?” I whined, my bad mood is now swinging back in. “Sorry Gee, but it really did look like it.” I stood up and grabbed my lunch. “I don’t care what it looked like, we aren’t going out…I gotta go.” I said. I ran out of the cafeteria. “GERARD!” I heard Mikey call. I didn’t bother going back, instead I headed outside for the big willow tree.


When I reached it and sat down and started easting my lunch again. Yeah I know I said they where awesome the other day but they can be asses sometimes too.
I was broke from my thoughts by something hitting off my head. I looked up into the tree, sitting there was Lily. She giggled and dropped onto the ground, landing perfectly on her feet. “Hey Lil, I thought you where in detention?” “Well, I’m supposed to be but I decided to skive it.” She said taking a piece of chocolate from my lunchbox. “Hey, mine!” I whined. “Or come on man, I’m starving.” She moaned taking another piece. “Stop, I’m hungry to you know.” I said closing my lunchbox. “Come on…ya would if ya loved is.” She whined. “Maybe I don’t love you.” I said grinning. “Well that’s a lie cos I know ya do.” We both giggled. My day was brightening again, Lily was my sunshine…


-A couple of months later-

“WHY ARE YOU BEING LIKE THIS?! WHY CANT YOU SEE SHES JUST USING YOU? WHY DON’T YOU BELIEVE ME?” She screamed at me. “LISTEIN LILY, I KNOW ANNA WOULD NEVER CHEAT ON ME…SHES NOT LIKE THAT!” I screamed back. How dare she say such horrible things about my girlfriend. I hated her…I actually hated Lily, my supposedly best friend. “Ya know what…fine, just don’t believe me… date that whore if ya like! But don’t say I wasn’t being a good mate or that I didn’t warn ya.” She said walking for the door. I pulled her back and slammed her to the wall. She cringed, I’m guessing I hurt her but I didn’t care. “SHES NOT A WHORE AND YOU KNOW WHAT? I NEVER WANNA SEE YOU AGAIN…DON’T EVER SPEAK TO ME OR DON’T EVEN LOOK AT ME! I HATE YOU!” I screamed pushing her to the door. I could see her crying. “JUST GO!” I roared to her. She stood there a minute. “Okay…bye Gerard, I love ya.” She said before running out of my house and into the street.

I sat there thinking of what she said…it circled around in my head. I sighed and grabbed my coat, I was going to go pay a visit to Anna. She was now my sunshine, my only light as everyone else had turned theirs off on me. I arrived at her apartment and opened the door with my spare keys. “Hey Anna babe, I’m here.” I called. No answer. “I started searching the house until I heard noises from the bedroom. I entered…there was Anna with a Jock from school, doing it in our bed. Anna didn’t hear me coming in and carried on. My jaw fell…Lily was right, Anna was cheating on me. “Gerard!” Anna screeched. I gave her a dirty look, “It’s over bitch!” I screamed before running out.
Thank god it was raining, it wouldn’t matter if I cried because people would think it was rain water. I sat on the curb sobbing my heart out. Not because of what Anna had done to me…because I think I may have lost my best friend. I walked home, it wasn’t a long journey but I walked at such a slow pace that it took me three hours.
I silently entered my house. It mustn’t have been quiet enough because Mikey came running out crying. He came to me and pulled me into a hug. “Okay Mikey…what’s up?” I said grasping onto my brother. “Lily…she’s…she’s.” He stuttered. “READ!” he yelled, pushing the note he held into my hand. I opened it up and began reading.

Gerard and Mikey

Hey guys what’s up? Well actually that’s not what I wrote this for… I’m moving. We are leaving today at about 5pm.
Yeah I know so sudden but it’s for the best. Harry has a promotion in his job and mam in hers. And I…I can’t stay around knowing my best friend hates me now.

Mikey I just want to say, you make the beat pancakes in the world. I’m sure Frank agrees. And I’m gonna miss you sooooooo much you know that! And I’m gonna name my first child after you :-)

Gerard…I’m gonna miss you so much. And I hope one day you’ll realise I was only trying to help you. And although I never told you before, I know I should have…I love you Gerard Arthur Way! From that day we met in nursery I’ve carried on loving you and all these years. I just didn’t know how to tell you.
Orite I should go now. Don’t ever forget iz guys.

Love yas

Lily x
(Don’t forget me too – Ryan x)

I can’t believe it…she’s moving because of me! I dropped the note and ran out of the house. I pelted it down my street and round to Lily’s.
I arrived to see the removal truck driving away, about to follow was Lily’s car. She was sat in the back with Ryan, her mum was driving and Harry was in the passenger seat. She looked out of the back window. Lily saw me standing in the middle of the road looking back at her. Her eyes widened and she started crying. Her mum took off. I started running as fast as I could, trying to catch the car…but I failed. I stopped running and tried to catch my breath. I looked back in the car, knowing she was leaving me forever. She opened the window and stuck her head out. “Goodbye Gerard!” she yelled before disappearing into the distance…

TBC….
Sign up to rate and review this story