Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Of Truths and Lies

Chapter 13: Keiko, Movies, and Surprises

by SongOfAFallenAngel 0 reviews

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-09-11 - Updated: 2007-09-12 - 1582 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Kiara is owned by Yusuke’sSister.

Claimer: I do own the plot line, the Kuro Tournament, Kristy, Jason, Jessica, Chris, Bashere, and Rhurac.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of Truth & Lies

Chapter 13
Keiko, Movies, and Surprises

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sigh and stretch my muscles as all of my friends, including Kiara, and I walk Suiichi's house to watch a movie. We did this type of thing quite often, hanging out I mean. We would go over to each other's houses or to a nearby park and in fact met up with each other nearly every day.

The relationship between the nine of us was actually quite interesting. We had known each other for not very long, and yet, for me at least, it felt like I had known Yusuke and his friends and sister for all of my life. We all just fit in together really well.

"Hey Kristy," Keiko suddenly says, brining me out of my thoughts. "I thought that you got a detention today?"

"Yeah," I answer in a bored tone.

"Then why aren't you in school?" asks Keiko.

I raise an eyebrow slightly as I look over to her. "...Is there some reason that I should be?" I ask.

"Yes!" Keiko says with a small glare. "If you have a detention - which you shouldn't have even gotten in the first place - then you must serve it out!"

I blink slightly and then let out an exasperated sigh. "Mother hen," I mumble.

However, this only makes Keiko's glare grow as she abruptly stops in the middle of the sidewalk, therefore forcing everyone else - me included - to stop and stare at the two of us.

"Kristina Walker!" she shouts, making me flinch at the use of my full name. "You are going to march straight back to school and serve out your detention this instant!"

I have to withhold a small giggle as she sounds so much like a mother, but it quickly dies in my throat anyway as I realize that this really isn't the time for a joke. However, Keiko must have caught the beginnings of my smirk, as she suddenly seems to get even angrier.

"You think this is funny!" she screams now hovering above me with anime veins and with a large roaring fire surrounding her.

"Uhh..." I stutter slightly. Even after facing demons, this is probably the scariest sight I've seen or will ever see. "Well, I..."

"Move your but now and get to your detention!" Keiko shrieks.

I nod my head vigorously and take off down the sidewalk. However, instead of continuing on my way to the school building, I stop just around the corner.

Catching my breathe slightly from the horror I had just faced, I peak around the building I'm hiding behind and see that the group had continued on walking, but everyone was now at least several feet from Keiko.

Oh well, I shrug slightly and decide to take another way to Suiichi's house... What? Did you seriously think I was going to go back and a serve out a stupid detention when I never have before? Ch, don't make me laugh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About ten or so minutes later, I finally arrive at Suiichi's house. I know that everyone is already inside, but also know that I certainly can't knock on the door because Keiko will have my ass.

Oh well, there are always plenty of other ways to get into a house.

Thinking of which of those ways I could use at this moment I notice that the large tree in Suiichi's front lawn has a branch that is right next to a window. I grin widely; this is just too easy.

Without a second thought, I leap into the tree and then quickly climb up several branches until I am at the one near the window. I also notice that it was very easy for me to climb the tree. Hmm... must be my demon blood or something.

Anyways, I quickly pry the window open and jump inside.

I land in the middle of perhaps the cleanest room I have ever seen. It has a red, gold, and silver color scheme, has books all over - but still stacked orderly -, and, strangely, smells like roses.

I'm just beginning to wonder whose room this could possible be when I see a picture of Suiichi, Yusuke, Kuwabara, Hiei, Keiko, and some blue-haired girl on the desk.

'Suiichi's room!>/i?' I think in surprise. 'This is Suiichi's room!' However, I just shake my head and make my way towards the door; I really don't have time to think about things like this right now.

Upon opening Suiichi's bedroom door, I stick my head out into the hallway and glance about. Thankfully, I can neither smell nor hear (Me: She's part wolf demon, remember?) anyone on this floor, so I quietly make me way towards the stairs.

As I stand at the top of the stairs, looking down, I can hear the voices from the movie quite clearly... Well, that's not really that surprising seeing as I can see everyone strewn out across the couch and the chairs as well as the TV itself from where I am... Anyways, I see that everyone is preoccupied with the movie and so start to move.

I quickly jump down the stairs and creep my way towards everyone. There, I silently plop myself down in the only available armchair left and start to watch the movie with everyone else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All right, we'll see you tomorrow!" Jessica says as she Keiko and Chris walk through Suiichi's front door after the movie ended.

I'm now left with Yusuke, Suiichi, Kuwabara, and Hiei in the living room, but it seems that no one has even noticed me yet.

"Well," Yusuke says with a sigh as he sits back down on the couch. "I suppose we should call Koenma now."

I blink, not recognizing the name. "Who?" I ask.

At the sound of my voice, everyone jumps slightly and Yusuke leaps out of the seat he had been occupying, screaming, "GAH!"

I blink again, slightly surprised at their reaction. Surely someone, Hiei at the very least, should have noticed me by now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The Spirit Detectives POV)

"Well," Yusuke says with a sigh as he sits back down on the couch. "I suppose we should call Koenma now."

"Who?" a voice asks from one of the armchairs.

Everyone jumps, and Yusuke leaps up at the sound of the voice and the four heads snap towards the voice and fall into shock.

The girl occupying the chair blinks, while Yusuke, Kuwabara, Hiei, and Kurama continue to just stand there and stare.

How did she get there! And more importantly, how did she get there without anyone noticing her energy? It just didn't seem possible with how high their guard was at the moment.

"Umm..." Kurama says as the four of them come out of their shocked state.

"Who is Koenma?" Kristy asks again.

"Uhh..." Yusuke starts. "He's umm... a friend of ours...Yeah! That's it! He's a friend of ours!"

Kristy stares at Yusuke strangely for a moment and then just shrugs "Whatever," she shrugs and then stands up stretching. "That was a good movie Suiichi, we should all do this again sometime." And with that she saunters over to the front door, pulls it open, and walks out call "See ya," over her shoulder.

The Spirit Detectives just continue to stare at the spot she had been sitting in just moments before.

Had she been there the whole time!

POOF! In a cloud of smoke, the little floating toddler appears not a second after Kristy had shut the door.

Yusuke jumps nearly a foot in the air again and stands there, glaring at the pint-sized ruler holding his hands over his heart.

"Jeez!" Yusuke screams. "Is everyone trying to give me a heart attack?!"

Koenma just ignores the gel-haired boy though, and turns to the rest of the team. "I have a new mission for you," he announces.

Kuwabara looks at him in confusion. "But I thought we were already on a mission," he says. "I thought we were supposed to be finding those demons that are in the human world?"

"Hn, you can think?" Hiei smirks. "That's got to be some kind of miracle."

Kuwabara's face turns red with anger and he yells, "Why I oughta-"

"Stop it! I SAID STOP IT!" Koenma interrupts, stopping the two fighting teens (Me: Well, actually, Hiei is several hundred years old, but he still looks like a teen since he's a demon). He then glares at the two for an extra measure before resuming what he had been saying. "To answers your question-"

"You should never question idiots," Yusuke mumbles, but Koenma just ignores him as well as the glare that Kuwabara shoots Yusuke's way.

"-Finding those four - well, five really - demons that are in the ningenkai as well as finding out how they got here is still a top priority," Koenma continues and decides to focus his words towards Kurama, who is the only one in the room who seems to be paying any attention at all. "But there is something now that is even more important."

Kurama looks slightly surprised. "What could be more important than stopping demons from running rampant in the ningenkai?" he asks.

"One word," Koenma answers gravely. "Kuro."

Kurama's face pales noticeably.

TBC
Sign up to rate and review this story