Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > After the Battle but not the End of the War

Journey to the Chance Island

by keyblader_twilight 0 reviews

Sora, Riku and Kairi head out on the annual feildtrip but when thier boat is attacked by heartless and the cpatin is killed, the kids must flea to a deserted island. Can they survive the pressures ...

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Sora,Riku,Kairi - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-09-13 - Updated: 2007-09-14 - 734 words

0Unrated
Chapter Four: Journey to Chance Island

Sora and Riku met at the front with the rest of their class to see that the girl's gym class was there too. Apparantly, the two classes always went together. They walked to the port since it was very close to the school and boarded the boat. It looked more like a ferry than anything. It had a bottom deck and a main deck with a large space at the front for passengers to look out.

The three friends odged the bullies who were picking on kids, as usual and went to the very front. They stood side by side, leaning against the railing. "So, this is nice," Sora said, trying to start a conversation.

Riku nodded but wasn't in a very good mood. "Sora, do you think we'll ever go back?"

"What do you mean?" He replied, confused.

"Go back to fighting the heartless. I know it sounds selfish and wrong but..." there was a pause and he looked at the other two. "I miss it."

Sora and Kairi nodded. "I know what you mean. At keast when we lived on Destiny Islands we had time to ourselves but here it's just too busy.," Sora added. Catching the look on Riku's face, he asked, "You aren't thinking of really leaving, are you, Riku?"

Riku shook his head. "Of course not!" he lied, trying to sound offended but the truth was, he wanted to leave as bad as he did two years ago. Sora wasn't convinced. Ha was aobut to say something when the boat shaked.

Kairi fell down to the deck and was helped up by Sora. "What's going on?" she asked with a shaky voice.

Riku's eyes scanned the deck. "Heartless."

The boat shook again and they had to hold on for balance. "W-what?" Sora asked and Riku pinted to a dark corner. They could see a pair of yellow eyes starting to form. Sora began to call for the keyblade but Riku grabbed his wrist, stopping him.

"If you call it, there will be enough heartless here to devour the heart of this world," he explained and ran to the bottom deck, Sora and Kairi at his heels.

They met a group of people running past them. It was the gang of bullies and a couple girls. The boat shook again. This was getting dangerous. They looked around to see a couple people gone, probably the heartless. "Everyone get out-" Sora started but was cut off as the boat began to sink. He turned to Riku and Kairi. "We have to get out of here!" He shouted, running for the door but it was sealed shut from all the movement.

"What-" Riku began but felt water at his heels. He looked around the room, thinking fast. "Guys, hold your breath," he instructed as the boat sunk quickly. I hope this works, he thought as water began coming up near his head. He reached into his heart, touching his dark powers and focused them thruogh his hand. A blast of dark engergy surged thorugh it, blasting a huge hole through the boat.

Sora, Riku and Kairi swam to the surface. "You guys okay?" Kairi asked, swimming over.

Sora nodded. "Y-yeah. How about you, Riku?" he looked over.

Riku was completely out of breath. The strength it cost to doan attack like that was a lot for him now. "I'm fine," he said and turned around, trying to find the others. He spotted them on a small island just a few minutes away.

They reached the island quickly, having done a lot of swimming on Destiny Island. They saw twelve other people there: the five bullies, five girls and two of the kids the bullies were picking on.

Riku was last to reach the island. "What the hell was that?" The gang leader shouted at them.

"What?" Sora asked, confused.

A girl stepped forward. "We managed to get off the boat before it was submerged. We turned around to see what looked like a blast of black light blow through the ship."

The trio exchanged looks. Of course they knew what actually happened but they could let these people know. "No idea. We got off the boat also and saw the blast, same as you guys."

"Well, we mind as well get comfortable," Riku said, leaning agianst a tree. "We're going to be here for a while."
Sign up to rate and review this story