Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Walk Amongst the Stars Because You Shine Like One

Chapter 12-Secrets Out, Love No More-July 23

by rejected_smurf_god 3 reviews

"No." I love this chapter so much. It made me cry. And it's my story!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-09-19 - Updated: 2007-09-21 - 1241 words - Complete

0Unrated
The TeenPeople magizine published the story first. In big letters on the cover.

PETE WENTZ:CHEAT?

And then a picture of me and him, knocking back shots at the bar. When opened the magizine ad a 4-page photo-collection of me and Pete, drinking, dancing, and sneaking out a backdoor so we could hightail it back to his house.

It took Rebekka shorter than I thought it would for her to realize that her boyfriend cheated on her with her friend. This time it was only about 20 minutes.

"Pete Wentz? Cheat?" she flipped through the magizine and then threw it behind her. "Bah. Lies. Photoshop. You love me, right Petey?"

'Petey' was tuning his bass guitar and without looking he nodded. "MmmHmm."

Andy picked up the magizine and flipped through it. Brendan and Joe peered over his shoulder at it. "I don't know Rebekka. These look a lot like real pictures." Andy murmured.

Rebekka picked up another magizine. It had a picture of me and Pete dancing and in blocky letters:

PETE'S NEW WHORE?

Ok, that one kind of stung.

"Jesus, they're all stealing each other's pictures." Rebekka said, pulling another magizine out of the pile. It was hopeless though. Even J-14 had covered it in an article about how cheating is bad. Accompanied with a picture of me and Pete of course.

At about the 26th magizine Rebekka realized that it wasn't just a coincidence that every single magizine had an article on me and Pete sneaking around behind her back. As it dawned on her, her mouth dropped open and the glossy magizine fell from her fingers.

"They don't lie?" she whispered.

Uh-oh. Here come the claws. I eyed those killer nails causiously. Pete looked up from his bass, he looked at me, we looked at Rebekka, chrickets chirped, Patrick coughed.

"I'm sorry, Bek." Pete murmured. "I really am."

Rebekka looke from me and Pete. The look in her eyes was hard to see. It didn't look like she was mad. But she didn't look sad. Wait, was that a smile?

"FINALLY!" she schreeched and then she launched herself at us, pulling me an Pete into the biggest hug I've ever been in.

"Wait. What?" I whispered. Pete was too speechless to say anything.

Rebekka let out a laugh. It was almost scary. Her teeth reflected from the sun streaming through the window. "Dra, please. I've known you liked Petey since the day I met you."

I looked over at Amy and Leslie. By the way Amy was looking at me I could tell she told Rebekka about me and ete's past about a day ago. I kinda expected that.

Rebekka patted my shoulder and Pete's shoulder and smiled. "So do you love her, Pete?"

I looked at Pete and everyone held there breath as Pete's eyes gazed into the floor as he muttered. "No." He turned back to his bass and started tuning it again.

My heart broke in two and I stared at him in silence. Rebekka smiled on until she realized that wasn't the answer she was looking for. and then she frowned.

"That played out differently in my mind." She said quietly.

"What?" Leslie exclaimed. "Come on you love her and you know it."

"What's wrong with you man?" Ryan snaped "You guys are perfect for each other."

Pete growled into the floor. "I just don't ok? Jesus!" He turned back to his bass and I continued staring at him. Then I walked over to him and stood before him until I got his attention and then, just as he was spitting out the word "What?" I stalked away leaving his cheek red and stinging, the print of my hand upon it.

With tears rolling down my cheeks I walked down the middle of the street calmly looking for cars. AS much as I was angry I didn't want to replay what happened a year ago.

A year ago...A year ago this day...I was...avoiding Pete. Jesus, is that all I do nowadays?

"Kendra! Kendra!" I heard someone call. I didn't want to get my hopes up but part of me secretly wished it was Pete come to tell me he was sorry and he loved me forever. But, alas, it was Brendan racing down the streets. "Kendra! Wait!"

I stopped at the corner of the street. Lightning cracked and thunder crashed and the sky began crying. It's tears plastered my hair to my face. As Brendan came to a halt in front of me water dripped off his nose.

"What do you want?" I cried. Brendan took one of my hands and looked into my eyes.

"You can't keep running away frm your problems, Dra, they'll come back to haunt you forever." he replied. His eyes crinkled up as his lips lifted up in a smile. "You got to face them."

I pushed his advancing body away angrily although I felt som guilt as a raindrop dripped onto his cheek and rolled down slowly like a tear.

"What would you know?! I've loved him forever and he pushes me away. He invites me over, lets me cheat, and then, when I'm ready to be with him agian he turns on me! I'm sick of it!" I screamed.

Brendan's smile settled into a line as he walked up to me. "That's not true." He whispered.

Water dripped down my nose as I tilted my head sideways, "What?"

He brushed a raindrop off my cheek and placed a lock of hair behind my ear. "I know how you feel." He whispered, "There was this girl that I dated who love dme but not as much as she loved another man. I allowed it to go on and soon I noticed she was beginning to grow weary of it."

This sounded earily familiar. A raindrop dripped onto my lips and Brendan's eyes followed it.

"When I found them together I ran only to have her follow. She came clean and told me the entire story. I let her go phisically but I've never been able to let go of her really."

New tears pricked my eyelids. He was. He was talking of me. He loved me, he tuely did, and I was too busy trying to get Pete back that I didn't notice the pain I was causing
Brendan.

"Brendan, I-" I began.

"Shhh, Dra. It's ok. Don't worry. I'll be fine. You, on the other hand need to go inside, you'll get sick." Brendan whispered.

Sobbing, I ran into his arms, burying my face in the crook of his neck.

"Brendan I'm so sorry. I cried

"Shhh, Dra, it's going to be alright." He whispered. His finger tips gently grazed my back. "He may not but I love you Kendra."

As the words slipped out of his mouth they slipped out of mine as well. He stiffened at first and then he sighed.

"Not as much as Pete, though." he replied. "You love me but I'll never be him."

I watched him as the rain drops slid down his cheek onto his throat and onto his soaked shirt. I gave a little smile for him. "Thank God. One Pete is enough."

He smiled at me and wrapped his arms tighter around me and placed his lips on mine.

AS sweet as it was I could't help but wish that it was Petey that I was kissing.
--------------------------------------

sigh Bittersweet love dramas. I love them so....
Sign up to rate and review this story