Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > Fall of a Hero

Wind of Change Blows

by Tantrum 0 reviews

When the hero to save the world falls, will the world fall as well?

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Amy Rose, Dr. Robotnik, Knuckles, Miles "Tails" Prower, Rouge, Shadow - Warnings: [!!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-01-01 - Updated: 2006-01-01 - 581 words

0Unrated
History is a flea that stands straddled upon the blade of a razor; all it will take is a slight wind to destroy it.

---------

The explosion rocked the very soul of all that stood in the bridge on the ARK. The atmosphere of the planet below had swallowed up the capsule in a fiery blast. It was almost impossible to believe that the speedy blue hedgehog that had so much life just moments ago was in that fireball that erupted above the blue surface.

"Farewell, my admirable adversary." The doctor, who had flipped the switch that had sealed Sonic's fate, spoke in a solemn voice.

Amy, the pink hedgehog who had always chased after the hero, but had never been able to capture him for herself, stood at the window. The glass felt cold upon her gloved hand. Tears came down her face as the eruption reflected in her eyes. Trying to win the heart of Sonic, whose heart could never focus its kindness upon one creature alone, was what she had spent a good deal of her life doing. Now that any chance of her success had been shattered along with that capsule, her mind was all a scatter as she fell upon her knees.

Tails, who had probably known Sonic the longest, just sat in his Cyclone mech, not saying a word. The scene before him seemed like his most horrific nightmare had spawned to life and grasped him over his heart and squeezed at it with all its might. It hurt to breathe, to think, to feel.

"Now hand over the Chaos Emerald." Dr. Eggman ordered the fox.

"Sonic..." the vulpine's voice cracked.

"Well?" The doctor was starting to lose patience, pointing his laser rifle at the pink hedgehog again.

The kit glared at the fat human. "Before he died, he told me to take care of Amy... I won't let anything happen to her! I will keep my final promise to him!"

Without warning the fox shot the pistol right out of the mad scientist's hand, catching him off guard. Eggman looked over his shoulder as the weapon bounced across the ground before skidding to a halt.

"I won't let him down!" The young vulpine glared, preparing for combat. "I won't give up!"

*

Knuckles ran down the passageways inside the space station with the Master Emerald in tow. He was able to reclaim what he had come for; the sacred gem that irritating bat Rouge had stolen from him. Now all he had to do was find Sonic and get out of this place.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where the hedgehog probably was. Eggman obviously had summoned his adversary up to the bridge when he blurted threats to hurt Amy over the intercom. The guardian hoped that Sonic was handling the situation alright, but had little doubt things were going fine.

The echidna's thoughts were interrupted by a sudden white flash that shined before him. Knuckles had to stop as the aura continued. It looked like the effects of Chaos Control, only he sensed that the energy was weaker.

Something appeared to be coming through, a figure that looked like a hedgehog of some kind. Was it Sonic? Was it that other dark hedgehog?

As Knuckles stepped forward toward the white glow, it disappeared without warning. Everything was as it was before, as if it had never happened. Whatever had attempted to use the power of teleportation with the emerald, had failed.

-----
Sign up to rate and review this story