Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > This Year's Apologies

That's a nice puppy, but I want a new tummy.

by aznfoblover 1 review

I know you probably hate me for being so long, but here's the next chapter anyways.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-09-20 - Updated: 2007-09-21 - 699 words

0Unrated
=====
Chapter 10
=====

Patrick's POV

"Patty?" Ally asked. I nodded. "Are you my daddy now?"

I gulped and looked up at Becca, who looked just as bewildered as I was. "Uh...well..." I stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"Well, if he wants to be, he can be," Becca said, coming to my aid. Ally looked expectantly at me, waiting for my response. My breath caught in my throat, constricting my airways and making it kind of hard for me to breathe.

Time seemed to stand still. I knew that I wanted nothing more than to be in not only Becca's life, but also her little girl's life for a long time. I wanted to see Ally grow up and become more like her mother, like the girl that I had always been in love with. I wanted to spend my life helping to shape hers, to give her the love of a father that she hadn't known yet. I wanted to be better than Mikey, and claim what I had always wanted as mine before he could take her away from me. I wanted this relationship with Becca, with her daughter, and I wanted it so badly that I realized that until then, I had been aching for them inside. Ever since the day she left me in Chicago, I had been aching for Becca to come back to me. And I wasn't about to let her go again.

"I'd like nothing more than to be your daddy," I said to Ally. She smiled and hugged me, and I held her close to me, remembering this day forever. This was the day that I had finally gotten a hold of Becca through her lovable daughter. Nothing mattered but the fact that they were both mine, and I was theirs.

"Um, excuse me?" the girl from the front desk said, interrupting our little moment. "You can sign your daughter out now if you like. Becca nodded and went to the front, and I picked Ally up and walked her to the car.

"Are you happy that I'm your daddy now?" I asked her as I buckled her into her carseat. She nodded enthusiastically.

"Yeah! I love you, and so does Mommy. That's why you're the bestest daddy ever!" she giggled. I kissed her nose and smiled.

"I love you too, Ally," I said. Becca came out and watched the two of us, smiling. I shut the car door and turned around.

"She's right. I love you, Patrick," she whispered. I smiled at her and pulled her close to me so that our foreheads were touching.

"I love you too, Becca," I whispered before kissing her nose too.

We drove back to the house, and I carried Ally into the house. Pete was waiting for us, a stupid grin on his face.

"What happened?" I asked. He grinned even bigger at me.

"I totally just got something awesome," he said. He held up a little animal that took me a second to realize was a puppy. "His name's Hemingway. Isn't he awesome?" Becca and I looked at each other, a knowing look on our faces. Pete had an unhealthy obsession with reading Hemingway's books.

"Hey Uncle Petey?" Ally asked. He nodded and looked at her. "That's a nice puppy, but I want a new tummy." Becca and I burst out laughing, and Pete looked at a loss for words.

"Hon, I don't think that's possible," he said. Ally pouted.

"Now I'll never get to pet the bunnies," she cried. Pete shrugged, and I led her away, washing her up and getting her redressed in clean clothes.

"Daddy?" she asked. My heart soared when I heard her say that. I nodded. "I don't like bunnies anymore," she sleepily mumbled. I smiled and kissed her as I put her in her bed.

"That's alright, honey. I love you," I whispered. I heard her mumble something back that I took to be an "I love you too" as she fell asleep.

That was clearly the best day of my life.
~~~~~
A/N: I know you probably hate me for taking so long to put this one up, but school is a bitch.

Review? Pretty please?
Sign up to rate and review this story