Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > This Year's Apologies

And I swear that it's not all poisoned.

by aznfoblover 1 review

Wowzers, it's been a while...read inside for lengthy author's note and new chapter.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-04-25 - Updated: 2008-04-26 - 1013 words

0Unrated
A/N: So before I started, I wanted to say a few things. First off, it's been a longggggggg time. I almost forgot that this story even existed until someone left me a review on it, and I reread the entire story. So I guess if you guys want it, I'll start posting new chapters on this one again. (That was #2, by the way.) Just tell me whether or not I'm doing okay on it, alright? Thanks, much love, and read on.

=====
Chapter 11
=====

Becca's POV

Patrick was so good with Ally. He would be a good father. I had known ever since we were in high school, how he used to act when he'd come pick me up when I worked at the daycare center. He was great with kids, he always had been. He always said that he wanted to be a dad someday, that he wanted a family. And now that he was a part of my broken little family, things just seemed right. Patrick cared about Ally and me so much, and it was so adorable how much she loved him. He acted like she was his own daughter, like this was the family that he wanted, and it made me so happy. Things were going well.

We hung out with Pete and his puppy until about 7 or 7:30, and then Pete suspiciously had to leave. I could hear Patrick and Pete having a whispered converstation in the doorway as Pete and Hemingway left. I went to go check on Ally, and saw that she was still fast asleep. I stood there, just watching her for a while, and then felt Patrick put his arms around me and rest his chin on my shoulder. "She's so adorable," he sighed. I smiled and nodded. "Come on, I have dinner for us," he whispered, pulling me away. I gave him a curious look.

"And just how did you manage to get dinner in less than five minutes?" I asked. He smiled, then opened the fridge.

"Pete does have many friends," he said mysteriously, forcing me to sit at the table as he warmed the food up. "And I swear that it's not all poisoned." He put some stuff that looked like rice on my plate, then something else that looked a lot like chicken. I thanked him, and he sat down, not touching anything and just staring at me. I sat there for an awkward second, unsure.

"Um, Patrick? Are you okay?" I asked. He nodded and just kept staring. "Um...okay, I'm gonna start eating now." He nodded again. I clumsily shoved a piece of chicken in my mouth, and he just kept staring. I chewed and swallowed slowly, my eyes never breaking contact with Patrick's. This was not normal. After a few more agonizing minutes of silence, Patrick still hadn't moved, and I was getting even more weirded out. I carefully put down my fork. Patrick blinked. The seconds seemed to grow longer, and we just sat there like that. Not moving, not daring to speak. Just staring. After a while, I sighed. "Patrick, is there something wrong?" I asked.


"No, I'm fine. Why?" he said nervously, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Well...you haven't touched anything, and we've been staring at each other across a small table for what seems like an hour," I replied. He gulped and shifted uncomfortably.

"I'm fine, honestly," he said. I eyed him skeptically. "Eat." I slowly obeyed. I placed another piece of chicken in my mouth, and he dropped the bomb. "Beccawillyoumarryme?" My eyes almost doubled in size and I choked on my chicken. Patrick's eyes grew wide and he rushed over to help me. "Fuck, I'm sorry," he said when I finally stopped choking. I waved aside his apology.

"What did you say?" I asked, still in shock. I knew full well what he had said. That was the reason behind me choking. But still...

"Becca, will you marry me?" Patrick asked, kneeling beside me. I gulped. Exactly what I had heard before. "I mean, I know that I don't have a ring yet, and this is sort of sudden, but I just realized today that there is no one that I would rather spend the rest of my life with. There is no other family that I would want to call my own." I smiled, touched. Patrick was a wonderful guy. There was a reason that he was my best friend. He had seen me at my worst and at my best. He knew just how to get to me. He just all-around knew and understood me. And before I knew it, I was nodding and trying not to cry from the happiness and excitement, and Patrick and I were smiling and kissing and hugging. And then we were doing more than just hugging and kissing. Let me just say that Patrick and I had both gotten better. We weren't awkward teenagers trying to hold onto each other for just a second longer. We had grown up.

I thought about us in the few minutes that I was awake while we laid together. We weren't just the inseparable best friends that we had always been before. We were engaged. Somewhat unofficially, but still engaged. We were blissful and didn't care about the future. We were our teenage selves for just a little bit, laying together and not needing to say a word. When we were young and we used to play house together, I used to imagine me and Patrick married. We would live in a big house and have lots of children, and we would be happy together. I never really imagined that the game might actually turn into reality. Sighing contentedly, I snuggled into Patrick's side. This was right. Things seemed to be going better than they ever had before.
~~~~~
A/N: Sooo here you go. The first note pretty much summed everything up. Just leave me a little note and tell me what you think. I don't care if you tell me it sucked, just tell me something. Thank you.
Sign up to rate and review this story