Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Ninja's life of Confusion (revised)

Chapter 12: team seven’s first mission

by raptor102092 0 reviews

the first mission of team seven's a pretty easy one but still good.

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Sci-fi - Characters: Iruka,Kakashi,Naruto,Sasuke - Published: 2007-09-24 - Updated: 2007-09-24 - 981 words

0Unrated
Chapter 12: team seven’s first mission

“so let me get this straight, our first mission is to get a run-away-cat? And I suppose I‘m not aloud to…” I looked around the room, we were in the Hokage’s mission assigning room, well at least that’s what I would call it because we were being assigned missions in this room. The Hokage and the man from the academy…Iruka were sitting at a table covered with scrolls, Kakashi, Sasuke, Naruto, Brye, and I were standing in a line in front of them. I stopped myself before I said what I was thinking ‘and I suppose I’m not aloud to talk it into coming back with us?’ first because really I’m not aloud to let anyone to really know and second, because I know it wouldn’t really be a mission if I could just ask for some understanding, because when we get missions against other ninja…well you really can’t talk your way out of that, at least not that I know of. “never mind, forget I said anything.”
“so is every thing understood?” Iruka asked after he looked over the papers again.
“yes every thing” Kakashi replayed.
The Hokage exhaled out of his pipe, “very well then you may leave.” Kakashi turned and started walking away fallowed by the rest of us.

Our mission started in the village spreading all the way to the forest with still no sign of that cat. We were even forced to split up and use walky-talkies for this “simple” mission. Brye even had Kunishi sniff around for a bit but even he didn’t get much of a lead. But even as a simple little mission we can’t give up on it…even if that means going in for food…or sleep, at least that’s what Kakashi said a few minutes ago on the talkie.
We’re about 6 hours in to this “simple little” mission, I sighed, I’m just sitting up in a tree looking around waiting for a sparrow I sent out to come back with some kind of news that the cat is near.
“I found the target” I heard Naruto’s voice say over the talkie. “it’s over near the K.I.A. rock in the training ground, over”
“that’s great Naruto” Kakashi’s voice said, “did every one else get that? Move out…but don’t do anything until I give the signal, over”
“yes under stood” Brye’s and Sasuke’s voice answered at once.
I looked around, the training ground isn’t to far from where I am… “understood I’m on my way, over” I stood up on the branch and took one last look for the sparrow my orders echoed in my head.
“go look for a light brown cat with a red bow on her right ear, when you find her come back and tell me…if you don’t see anyone that looks like that within 10 minutes come back and tell me…if I’m not here when you come back that means I got news from my group and we already found her. Understand?”
The sparrow nodded, spread his wings and flew off.
I scanned the sky one more time before I jumped from branch to branch on my way to the K.I.A. rock.
I landed next to Brye who was hiding be hind one of the trees from which you could see the cat. “Kakashi, I’m in position, over”
“I’m in position too, over” Brye said into the talkie.
“Kakashi I think we’re all in position” said Sasuke’s voice over the talkie.
“yes I’m in position Kakashi-sensei.” Naruto’s voice was the last to check in.
“ok good do you all have visual on the target?” Kakashi’s voice asked over the talkie.
“yes” we all answered one at a time.
“ok good on my signal…1...2...3...GO” at the sound of Kakashi’s voice all four of us shot out of the bushes and trees towards the cat. She screeched as she saw all of us running at her, she turned and tried to run for it but Naruto dived after her. She turned directions and started running at me, I hesitated for a split second then bent down and reached out for her trying not to say anything to her, she went to change directions again but Naruto tackled her.
“ha I got her I got her” he yelled in triumph.
“HOW DARE YOU! LET GO OF ME RIGHT NOW!” the little she-cat screeched as she started to scratch Naruto all over. Naruto just started yelling at her to stop but thankfully he didn’t let go.
“Kakashi, we’ve captured the target.” Sasuke said into the talkie.
“good I’ll be right there, over and out”
I walked over to where Naruto was getting scratched “Naruto do you want me to hold her?”
“YES” he yelled quickly handing me the cat. I put her in a cradled position in my arms.
“Brye…do you think the mission is considered over now…or should we wait till we get back to the mission room?” I looked at Brye as the cat tried to wiggle out of my arms without success.
“I think you should wait for now.” she said making sure Kunishi was save in her bag. “talk to her in the human language for now, ok?”
I nodded then looked back down to the cat. “just relax, you’ll be home soon enough” I smiled softly to her.
“I don’t want to go home…why do you think I ran away in the first place stupid human” she hissed back.
“umm…Brye…”
“Kailah just ignore her Kakashi’s coming.” she replied. Fallowing her gaze I saw Kakashi jumping though the trees toward us.
Sign up to rate and review this story