Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Ninja's life of Confusion (revised)

Chapter 11: the bell test final

by raptor102092 0 reviews

the second half of the bell test find out how it all ends

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Sci-fi - Characters: Kakashi,Naruto,Sasuke - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-09-11 - Updated: 2007-09-12 - 1798 words

0Unrated
Chapter 11: the bell test final

I stared, paralyzed to the spot, as Kakashi went down…then in a puff of smoke a log appeared.
“substitution.” I whispered in aw. I looked around, Sasuke had disappeared along with Brye. And Naruto was still just hanging there, but I couldn’t see Kakashi anywhere, I decided to start moving again. I stood up and ran across the field.
“hey Kailah were you there that whole time? Can you help me get down please.” Naruto asked as I ran past him.
“sorry Naruto but I need to find Kakashi.” I yelled over my shoulder. Then I darted into the trees and pushed my way though the undergrowth. I wonder where he is. I can’t smell him, and I didn’t see where he went after that substitution. I jumped onto a branch to catch my breath and think. I looked down and saw Kakashi standing there reading his book again. I hope he didn’t hear me.
“hey, Kailah, look behind you” I recognized that voice…I looked behind me and jumped, whaling my arms around I fell out of the tree, with quick thinking I used Methugan in mid-air to land safely. I looked back up to Kakashi grinning. Using all my leg muscles I jumped back up on to the branch he was on and with the quickness of a cobra struck my head out to snatch the bells from his waist, he must have been caught of guard or something because I came so close to raping my teeth around one of the bells. I could sense it in my mouth, but as I clamped down to grab it…he vanished. I changed back and looked around, I didn’t smell him, I didn’t see him, I didn’t sense him, he was gone. I jumped down from the tree and looked up at the sky.
“there’s not much more time left ‘til lunch.” there’s no way I’m going to be able to get a bell, right before I was about to turn and run off, I could hear the bell ringing…time was up. I ran back to the black stone where I knew Kakashi was going to be very disappointed.
I slowed down to a walk as I approached the stone, I could see Sasuke was already there. I could also see rope on two of the posts near the rock that wasn’t there before. As I got closer I began to wonder where Brye, Kakashi and Naruto were, I haven’t seen brye since I was near the lake, Kakashi, well, I lost him not that long ago, and was Naruto still tied up, or did he figure out how to get down out of that tree? When I finally got to the stone and sat down I realized that both brye and Naruto were tied to the posts, I wonder why? At that Kakashi appeared on the stone.
“are your stomachs growling yet?” he asked. None of us answered him, but Brye’s Naruto’s and Sasuke’s stomachs did have something to say. “well that’s an interesting sound…Kailah?”
“what?”
“why didn’t your stomach growl?” he asked starting at me accusingly.
“because I’m not hungry.” I know that wasn’t the right answer because he was still staring at me like I did something bad. “I can go up to a weak without food and still not be that hungry.” I gave him a look saying ‘I don’t want to say anything in front of them’ and he understood it.
“alright anyway, brye and Naruto are tied because they both tried to steel food earlier, so as a punishment they will not be getting any food.” as if on queue both their stomachs growled very loudly in protest, and Brye’s back-pack started to move a bit. I guess Kunishi was trying to move into a more comfortable position, or get out. “and because none of you were able to grab a bell, you’ll all have a second chance after lunch.” he turned to leave “oh and if you even attempted to feed Brye or Naruto, then you all fail…have a good lunch.” and with that he disappeared.
He’s planning something…but what? I asked to my self as I picked up one of the four boxed lunches Kakashi brought with him for us. I looked down at the box and what it contained, a bit of sushi, some chicken, rice, and a little egg, nothing I really eat a lot. I looked around again, both brye and Naruto were looking and my lunch with hungry eyes since Sasuke was already eating his, and Kunishi was crawling out of Brye’s bag.
“Kailah…I’m hungry” he announced as he walked over to me, then he looked around. “why is brye tied to a pole?” I just shrugged my shoulders as I took out some of the chicken and tossed it to him, he caught it and ate it gratefully, then he sat down and looked up at brye. I looked at Sasuke, then up at Naruto and brye, and that’s when I realized what Kakashi was trying to teach us…if we all were going to have a second chance after lunch, well Naruto and brye would pretty much be useless from hunger, and slow Sasuke and me down when we go after the bells again, so the only way they’ll be any use to us is if their fed. I thought about it over and over again and couldn’t see why it wouldn’t work. So I whispered my idea to Sasuke, and before he could say anything I stood up.
“brye, Naruto, as I said earlier I’m not hungry…plus if we’re going to be going after the bells again, we should try to go in a team, and if you two are hungry your going to just slow us down…and that is why I’m going to offer both of you all of my food” they both looked happy at first then they froze.
“but Kailah, Kakashi said tha-” I cut brye off.
“I know I know. Kakashi said that if we fed either of you we would fail, but if we don’t feed you two then we will most likely fail and you will complain about being hungry when your supposed to be concentrating, do you understand?”
“yea” they both answered.
“good then here share the food.”
“ahh Kailah…” Naruto said awkwardly.
“what?”
“we’re kind of tied up…you’ll have to hand feed us” he said with a sheepish smile and brye nodded shyly, I just rolled my eyes and picked up my chopsticks, then Kunishi asked.
“Kailah, before you feed them, can I have the rest of that meat?” I looked down at him and smiled, I tossed the rest of the chicken to him and then turned back to brye and Naruto, by this time Sasuke was done with his lunch so he stood up and helped me to feed them, he was going to feed brye because Naruto would never be hungry enough to accept food from him, the food got closer and closer to Brye’s and Naruto’s mouth, they took a bit at the same time, chewed, and swallowed at the same time and then…POOF. Kakashi appeared.
“YOU WENT AGENST MY ORDERS NOW YOU WILL FEEL THE CONSICENCES!!” he yelled as he approached.
“WAIT” I yelled before he could go on, I hope I can do this just like I planed “we had no choose, we had to feed them”
“oh? And why would that be?” he asked looking at me intently.
“because if we didn’t feed them” Sasuke said before I could even draw my breath. “they would have slowed us down and we need to work as a team in order to complete a mission and-” I interrupted this time.
“and your only as strong as your weakest link…so if we have two hungry teammates that makes us two times more likely to fail a mission. Together we are one, like a pack” Kakashi looked at both of us.
“you are one?” he took a few menacing steps forward, bent down to our eye level then said, “you pass.” with a sudden smile, I almost fainted from the suspense alone.
“what!!” everyone was in shock from this sudden turn in advents. Kunishi was just plain confused, we all looked at Kakashi and then each other, and then back at him.
“pass?” I couldn’t help but ask I was so confused and every one else was, as far as I could tell, speechless.
“you four our the first. The others were dumb, they just listened to what I said. ‘ninjas need to see and think beyond the normal.’ in the world of ninjas, those who break the rules are called scum. But those who don’t take care of their friends are even worse than scum.” we all just looked at each other, Naruto looked like he was about to cry.
“he’s…he’s kind of…cool.” Naruto was trying to fight back some of his tears.
“the training ends here.” Kakashi was serious now, then he put on another smile and added a thumbs ups. “everyone passes!! Group 7 will start doing missions tomorrow.”
“yes sir.” Brye and I answered together happily.
“I did it, I did it, I’m a ninja, I’m a ninja,” Naruto started to chant in the background. I bent down and picked up Kunishi who was still a bit confused about the whole thing. Kakashi turned to brye, Kunishi, and me and said
“lets go home.” he turned and started to walk away I started to fallow, and Sasuke stood up and walk in another direction.
“Kailah I think your forgetting something.” I looked down at Kunishi, then I heard it.
“I KNEW this was going to happen” Naruto was yelling over and over again.
“Kailah if you don’t come back here right now…I’m going to KILL YOU!!” byre was yelling over and over again. I looked back and saw both of them kicking into the air, I looked back at Kakashi and he just kept walking, I looked for Sasuke but he was out of sight.
“I guess I don’t have a choice, what do you think Kunishi should I go and untie them?” I looked down at the wolf-pup in my arms.
“yes…well at least brye…I’m not sure about the other one.” I laughed a bit to myself as I walked back to the ropes to untie them both.
Sign up to rate and review this story