Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Ninja's life of Confusion (revised)

Chapter 10: Training

by raptor102092 0 reviews

kailah and her squad are about to take a major training test.

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy,Sci-fi - Characters: Kakashi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-09-04 - Updated: 2007-09-04 - 1552 words

0Unrated
Chapter 10: training

“Kailah time to wake up.” it was Kakashi, I sat up sleepily and looked around Kakashi was picking up some of the trash Kunishi made when he went though my box…I didn’t see either Brye or Kunishi.
“Brye’s already down stairs…I think Kunishi is as well. Oh and you shouldn‘t eat breakfast it‘s part of your training for the day, so don‘t ask brye for anything, besides she’s making an omelet for your sister, she‘s not aloud to eat either, I‘ll meet you two later though I‘m going to leave now.” with that he took the trash he had picked up and started to walk out the door.
“What…how did…whatever, thank you.” I called after him. I stood up and walked to the door, down the stairs, and into the kitchen where I could smell eggs cooking.
“Hey, about time you got up, did Kakashi tell you you’re not aloud to have any thing to eat?” brye said without turning away from the eggs.
“Yea, but that’s ok, after all as I told you before, I can last up to a week easy with out any food. How are you going to fend though?”
“I’ll make it…it’s only one meal right?”
“Yea I guess. So, what do you think we’re going to do today for training?”
“Don’t know. Probably something small and dumb.”
“Yea, I guess.” I took a deep sniff of the aroma of the eggs partly wishing I could have some, but I knew I wasn’t aloud so I just sighed and decided to continue our conversation. “how much longer are you going to be? Kakashi already left so we should leave soon.”
“Yea let me put this on a plate, leave a note, and grab my bag.” as she spoke them she did them. “ok, I’m ready…you?”
“Yea, let’s go.” I made sure I had my own bag and pulled my headband over my head and put it around my neck. we walked out the door. “do you think we have to go to the meeting bridge, or the training grounds?”
“Well, isn’t the meeting bridge on the way to the training grounds?”
“Yea”
“…”
“Oh…right then to the meeting bridge.” we started on our way, after about 15 minuets we arrived at the bridge, but didn’t see any one.
“Do you want to keep going, or give them a few more minuets?” brye asked me after a moment of looking around.
“Let’s keep going.” I replied. We crossed the bridge into the training ground, last time I was here it was to meet Brye, and it was my first verbal fight. I laughed a bit to my self.
“What?”
“Oh, well last time I was here it was when I met you, remember that fight we had? And now we’re friends, I just found it a bit amusing.”
“Yea, I guess” she said smiling.
I looked around and couldn’t see anyone. “so you know exactly where in the training grounds we’re supposed to meet everyone?”
“I think Kakashi said something about a big black polished rock.” we both looked around but neither of us could see such a rock, but then we heard some one call our names.
“Hey! Brye, Kailah! Wait up!” it was Naruto.
“Hey Naruto.” both brye and I called as he approached.
“Have you guys found the meeting place yet? I’ve been running around here for a few minuets, but I haven’t found any big black polished rock.”
“We just got here…we haven’t seen it.” I answered, brye seemed to be looking around, I listened carefully, and looked carefully, and then I saw what she was looking at. In the light of the raising sun I could see two silhouettes, one was standing near the rock we were supposed to meet at, I could tell it was Kakashi, the other was walking towards Kakashi, I could tell it was Sasuke, Brye started walking in their direction.
“Naruto…I can see the rock, just fallow brye ok?”
“Yea…I think I can see it to” he said squinting, then he ran off after brye. I just walked behind them, trying to think of why Kakashi had ordered us not to eat breakfast. As I approached Kakashi began to explain the rules.
“Ok, this is how it works. The rules are very simple, you just have to grab one of these bells from me before lunch.” he said holding up three bells. “any questions?”
“Kakashi sensei, why are there only three bells if there are four of us?” I asked.
“Well, Kailah, this way I can send at least one of you back to the academy.” he said with a smug smile. “and if none of you can get it before time runs out…you all go back to the academy. Now are there any more questions, or are you all ready to start?” No one said any thing. “ok then be…” Naruto just started running at Kakashi, what was he thinking? Kakashi just sighed and disappeared in a puff of smoke and then reappeared behind Naruto putting him in a head lock with one arm and reading his book in the other, he sighed again then said…
“I like how you came at me with the intention to kill, but don’t be so eager to jump the gun…I didn’t even say you could start.” Naruto just stood there glaring at the ground. “now if I may” he disappeared again and in the smoke you could hear his voice say “begin”. With that we all shot off I ran into the woods, last time I was in here I learned Methugan, I smiled, if Kakashi doesn’t know that, then I stopped and peered out of a bush, I didn’t see any one, then I have an advantage. I looked around a bit more and still didn’t see anyone. Should I hide and wait for him to come to me…or should I go and hunt him? I think considering the time limit, I should hunt him. I smiled and licked my lips.
“Once I find him I’ll use Methugan…that way I can conserve my chakura.” I ran further into the wood until I came to a small lake, I stopped just at the edge of the tree line and I peered out of some more bushes. I could see brye up in a tree and Sasuke not far from her under some bushes, but neither of them could see me. I looked around a bit more and I saw Kakashi, he was just standing in the middle of the clearing reading his book, that’s an obvious trap. Wait, where’s Naruto? At that thought Naruto blasted out of the lake along with several shadow clones. They ran towards Kakashi shrouding him and then one appeared from behind him and grabbed him, catching Kakashi completely off guard. Then all the other shadow clones grabbed onto Kakashi as well, one Naruto charged straight at Kakashi about to hit him, then it happened, Kakashi used a substitution justu switching himself with one of the Naruto’s. At least that’s what I though, Naruto started fighting all his clones yelling something about Kakashi using a transformation justu…after a minuet or so Naruto finally realized that if he undid the shadow clone justu if Kakashi did transform he would be there…but of course he wasn’t, when Naruto undid the justu it was just him standing there in the clearing, all a lone. Then all of a sudden he seemed to get excided his gaze seemed to shift to a tree about 5 yards from him. I looked carefully at the base of the tree…I saw something shiny.
“A bell” I whispered, “that is so a trap, he can’t be that dumb…can he?” after a moment or so Naruto ran over to the bell and bent down to grab it and that’s when it happened, a rope came out of no where and raped itself around Naruto’s feet and lifted him up into the air and dangled him from one of the branches in the tree. I couldn’t help but laugh at Naruto’s ignorance as he bounced around in mid-air. Once he stopped bouncing he kept reaching for the bell that was always just about three inches away from his finger tips, I laughed a bit more and looked around again, then Kakashi appeared next to Naruto and picked up the bell.
“Think before you use a justu, your opponent might use it against you.” he stood up and tossed the bell into the air then caught it. “oh and if the bait is obvious…don’t take it.” then be smiled and walked away. Sasuke must of seen this as his chance to strike, because he throw sheriken at Kakashi…AND HIT HIM!
“AHHH HE JUST GOT BLASTED BY SHERIKEN! SASUKE ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? YOU COULD HAVE KILLED HIM!” Naruto yelled from his position in the tree. I just stared as Kakashi went down.
Sign up to rate and review this story