Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Ninja's life of Confusion (revised)

Chapter 9: Discovery Outside of the Village.

by raptor102092 0 reviews

kailah and brye venger outside of the village gates and find something unexpected

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Sci-fi - Characters: Gaara,Kakashi,Orochimaru - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-08-30 - Updated: 2007-08-30 - 2497 words

0Unrated
Chapter 9: discovery outside of the village.

Once we got to the front gates just as brye said, it was pretty easy to get out, but as we left two thought accorded to me, 1.will we get in trouble for leaving? And 2. Exactly how hard could it be for us to get back in? My thoughts were interrupted when Brye stopped abruptly and singled to me to be quite, so I stopped breathing and listened heard. I heard something, a very small harsh, raspy breathing I looked at brye, it wasn’t her I slowly looked around, and took a deep sniff.
“BLOOD” I yelled in a very harsh whisper. I looked at brye with shock, she just nodded and reached into the bush where both the sound and smell was coming from, and pulled out a 2 ½ month old wolf-pup, I just stared at her in amazement.
“I could smell him and sense his discomfort from inside the village, but I didn’t know the best way I could come and get him…so I had to find a way to ‘trick’ you into coming out here with me…from what I can tell, his mother was killed about a week ago, around 11:00 at night, I heard them yelping, you were asleep. Now you need to help me, with both hiding him and healing him…and maybe even raising him.” brye explained.
“you could‘ve just told me you didn‘t have to ‘trick‘ me in to coming out here…I would‘ve come right away….why do you think I couldn‘t sense this sooner?”
“Probably because your animal is more of a prehistoric bird and you’re not so keen to mammals like wolves, plus with my demon being a wolf it’s just natural for me to be more acute to other wolves. And as for ‘tricking’ you to come here that was because I’ll get in trouble if I’m caught out here on my own.”
“Brye, I will get into even more trouble if I’m found out here…because of the ‘rule’.”
“Oh…well…come on we better head back to the front gates before we’re caught than.” all I could do to a response like that was slap my hand against my forehead, thinking, idiot what have you just gotten your self into?
“Fine, let’s head back…” I looked at the wolf-pup “what’s your name?” he just looked at me and yawned, then fell asleep in Brye’s arms.
“I guess he’s to tired to answer we’ll ask him again later, once we get back to the room…hey umm Kailah can you do me another favor?”
“What” I asked suspiciously glaring at brye.
“Can you hide him in your hoodie pocket?”
“Fine” I said with a sigh. After a minute or two we finally got the wolf-pup into my pocket and in a positioned where it was hard to even tell he was in there. Then we started to walk back to the gates, even thought the pup was well hidden and we weren’t gone for that long deep down I had a feeling something bad was going to happen. Luckily we didn’t have any trouble at the gates but once we got back to Kakashi’s…

“Ok,” it was brye speaking we just got into the house and all the lights were out and it seemed like no one was home. “Lets get up to our room quickly before anyone comes home and suspects anything.”
“Suspects what?” Kakashi just came out of now where like a shadow. We screamed. “Well what are you two trying to hide?”
“Umm…ahh…ahh…uhh…n-n-nothing.” I could tell Brye was all out of ideas and courage, so I had no choice, I had to tell him.
I took out the sleeping wolf-pup, “we found him…well brye found him…his mother’s dead and he’s abandoned, so can we keep him?” both brye and I looked at him with our best puppy-dog-eyes, but I still wasn’t sure what he would say.
“what am I to do?” he said it almost trying to hold back a pathetic-please-help-me laugh. Brye and I just looked at each other with a question ‘is that a yes or a no?’ brye was the one to translate it into words.
“Kakashi is that a yes we can keep him or a no we have to throw him outside and make him die all alone and cold?” We were still giving him the puppy-dog face which Brye was hopefully better at then I was because I knew it never worked on my parents and besides she is the wolf. He looked like he was about to give in until Kenya came in.
“what is that?!?” she asked
“A wolf-pup what’s it look?” brye replied rudely. I glared at her but then went right back to the puppy-dog pout. “Please Kakashi-sensei I will take care of him I just won’t let him wander out side without a mom or anyone to take care of him and also he is a mountain wolf.” Brye said.
“Wait he is?” I asked
“yea so as I was saying Kakashi-sensei he is a mountain wolf which means that he will get really big really quick and that means I can train him to be a great ninja tool and a great companion.” she added
“Alright, alright fine you can keep him but I swear if he goes on the floor once he is out side for ever got it both of you.” he said
“Yes sir we understand completely.” we both said in unison
“Alright good now go upstairs and get washed up for dinner.” he said walking away. Brye and I walked up stairs to our room and I put the wolf-pup on her bed.
“How long do you think he will still be asleep?” I asked.
“Probably for a few more hours, since he’s a mountain wolf he’s nocturnal.”
“How do you know that, I thought your demon was a forest wolf?”
“It is, but the fact that it’s a wolf helps me identify all types, mountain, forest, desert, and artic.” she sat down on her bed and started to stroke the still sleeping wolf-pup. “Do you think Kakashi’s going to make ramen for dinner again?’
“Yea, most likely, do you think he can make any thing other then pancakes and instant ramen?”
“If he can he hasn’t, do you think I should make dinner tonight?” brye asked looking up at me.
I looked at her trying to hold back laugher “you, hee hee, you, ha ha, you can cook.”
“Hey what’s that suppose to mean, of course I can cook, I was on my own for about two years…I had to cook for Orochimaru as well.”
“Yea what ever lets go down and see what flavor of ramen he’s making tonight.”
“I don’t care what you say…I’m going to make dinner tonight, just you wait and see.” we walked down stairs Kenya was already at the table and Kakashi was looking through the cabinets trying to decide what flavor to cook for dinner.
“Hey Kakashi I have a question.” it was brye.
“What is it brye if it’s about the wolf-pup…I said he was your problem so you can’t make him mine by asking any questions.”
“No no nothing like that…I was wondering if I could cook dinner tonight?” I could tell Kakashi was holding back a bit of a chuckle but even so he said…
“Sure what harm could it do…just don’t burn any thing please.”
“Kakashi why exactly is it that all you ever make is frozen pancakes and instant ramen?” I just had to ask this question it has been bothering me for a while now.
“ha ha well to tell you the truth…if I tried to make anything else that wasn’t instant…ha ha…the whole house would burn down, trust me it has happened before.” Kakashi replied laughing embarrassed, rubbing the back of his head.
“I figured that Kakashi-sensei that’s why I offered to make dinner tonight and don’t worry the whole house wont burn like a roman candle.”
All I could do with this kind of a conversation was sit at the table and listen, Kenya was doing the same thing.
“I don’t care who cooks or if the house burns down or not, but please just feed me.” Kenya said out of the conversation that was going no where near dinner being ready.
“Ok fine give me about five minuets.” with that brye walked over to the fridge. “there’s a lot of food in here…I didn‘t expect to see something other then frozen pancakes, instant ramen, and at the most some vegetable, but with all this food, I can make exactly what I wanted.” with that brye started mixing things and washing things with more speed then I could keep up and before I know it, brye was done with personally made dinners for every one. “ok…steak with a salad on the side for Kakashi…chicken salad for Kailah…salmon for Kenya…and venison for me.” brye sat down and started to eat, Kakashi, Kenya, and I just sat there staring at brye and then the food and then at each other, I was the first to take a bite…
“It’s delicious, I’m sorry I ever doubted your cooking skills, brye.” I kept eating along with brye and after a few minuets Kenya started eating as well and you could tell by her munching that she was enjoying herself Kakashi as usual was waiting for us to finish and leave so he could take off his mask and eat alone. Once we were done brye and I left up to our room shortly followed by Kenya so that Kakashi could eat his steak.
“I’m really sorry that I doubted you brye you’re a really good cook.”
“Of course I am do you know how picky Orochimaru and his henchmen are I mean you would be surprised.” Brye replied.
“The one who manipulates snakes…let me guess he only eats live mice right?” I said jokingly.
“No he only eats chicken and red bean juice but he will eat any chicken that is prepared and as for his henchmen they have a very large range of tastes so I’ve had to learn all kinds of exotic foods and sometimes there isn’t a lot to chose from cause someone forget to get food from the village market.”
“Ok…umm…ok so what’s on the agenda for tomorrow?”
“Not sure…hey where’s the wolf-pup?” at that we heard some munching and a small growl from under my bed.
“The box” we yelled in unison. We dropped to the floor and looked under my bed where over half of the box was already eaten or crushed.
“Hey get out of there! That’s my food if your hungry we can get you some meat from the kitchen just come out and tell us your name and we can help.” I said trying to sound kind.
“Even if I told you two my name you wouldn’t understand me.” he was a bit annoyed but his voice was a bit childish.
“Of course we can understand you…my names Kailah and I’m of the Biatha clan, and this is brye…she has a demon wolf in her, so we can both understand you.”
“Biatha…what’s that…is that a demon too?”
“Err well not really but I guess it depends on how you look at it, but it’s more of a blood line trait then a demon.”
“So what is your name little one?” brye asked.
“My name? It’s Kunishi…that’s what my mother named me, I miss her.” he said stopping with the food.
“it’s ok Kunishi we’ll take care of you and make sure your happy…even if it’s hard for us.” brye is really concerned about him, she’s really intent on convincing him to stay, but he seemed to not trust her at all.
“Yea come on out from under my bed and we’ll get you some food and anything else you want.” he crawled out and looked at brye then me then sat down and said…
“So where is this meat you two demons keep promising me?” brye and I looked at each other, stood up and turned then brye said…
“It’s down stairs we’ll be right back, don’t eat anything else from the box, ok?”
“Ok” with that brye and I left.
“Brye, why do you think Kunishi calls us both demons?”
“Well you said I was, and you said you could be considered one, so he probably just calls us demons because you’re the one who gave him the idea.”
“Yea but, didn’t you notice how he put an emphasis on the word demon, as if it was poison its self.”
“yea…uhh Kakashi we need some raw meat from the fridge so don’t pull down your mask yet…and stop glaring at your food, it’s not poison or undercooked or anything like that ok?” brye sighed and then walked over to the fridge and opened it, I looked at Kakashi and he had his fingers on his mask half pulling it down half pulling it up still looking up easily at his steak. Brye came back with a chunk of chicken and we started to walk back up the stairs to our room, where a hungry wolf-pup waited.
“Hey brye, how do you think Kunishi’s mother died?”
“Not sure, it’s not the right time to ask, it’s too soon.”
“I know that, I was just wondering it you had an idea though.”
“I don’t, let’s feed Kunishi then you can go to bed.”
“What about you?”
“I don’t need to sleep, with my demon I can stay awake as long as Gaara, no offence, but I only sleep because I have nothing better to do at night, and I wont get taken over in my sleep, my demon just makes it a really deep sleep.”
“Alright but let’s feed the pup so I can go to sleep ok.” we entered the room and Brye said…
“Alright Kunishi I got you a nice sized chunk of chicken does that sound good to you?”
“Yea it does and it smells really good also.” he said getting excited.
“Alright here.” she placed the meat on the ground and kunishi dived for it. I went into my bed and closed my eyes.
“Don’t be too loud ok you two?” I said just before falling asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story