Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Ninja's life of Confusion (revised)

Chapter 8: Getting to Know Squad 7

by raptor102092 0 reviews

kailah and brye get to know the others in their squad

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Sci-fi - Characters: Gaara,Kakashi,Naruto,Sasuke - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-08-29 - Updated: 2007-08-29 - 1589 words

0Unrated
Chapter 8: Getting to Know Squad 7

“BRYE BRYE….BRYE WAKE UP…Kenya you try Kailah I’ll continue on trying to wake Brye up.” it was Kakashi I could tell Brye must be a heavy sleeper. I sat up and looked around sleepily, Kakashi was shaking brye trying to wake her up and Kenya looked relived that I was awake and she didn’t have to try to wake me up. I got out of bed and walked over to Brye’s bed where Kakashi was still yelling to wake her up.
“Kakashi,” I said, “let me try…” I whispered in her ear so softly that not even my sister could hear with her fox ears. “Hey brye if you wake up now…I’ll give you all my pancakes…all of them.” I took a step back and…Brye shot up in her bed and yelled.
“Really? Alright let me at them I’m starving!!” and then she ran down stairs.
“What did you say to her?” both Kakashi and Kenya asked in unison.
“That’s my little secret, and I’m not telling.” I replied, and then I turned away and walked down stairs to where there was a small mountain of pancakes and Brye was eating all of them.
“Are you sure I can have all of your pancakes? I mean you didn’t even eat any thing from your box last night.” she said as I approached.
“Yea I’m sure, with my animal I can go up to a week easy without food, but if I do that too often I can get weak and useless, but don’t worried I only missed 2 meals…that’s almost nothing, and from what I know of wolves…they need the energy.”
Kakashi entered the kitchen, “Hurry up and finish your breakfast, you two will need to leave soon, I’m going to leave now and meet you two and the others in a bit, ok? Bye” with that Kakashi walked out the door and Brye swallowed the last bit of the pancakes and stood up.
“Hey do you think I should grab any thing from our room or just go now?” she asked.
“Probably just go now, if you remember what Kakashi said yesterday…oh yea that’s right you came in after that…hmm…you don’t need to bring anything we’re just going to get to know each other’s likes and dislikes most likely no training to day.” I replied. After that we left and I lead the way to the bridge where we were going to meet every one, as we walked a question formed in my head.
“Hey Brye, if Sasuke doesn’t know he has a sister, what are you going to say to him?”
“Nothing, I don’t want him to know I’m an Uchiha just yet, maybe later, but not now, and please don’t tell him.”
“What if he notices the signs?”
“What signs?”
“The hair color, eye color, other features, especially your keke genkai if you need to use it.”
“if you haven’t noticed, my hair is more of a light blue than his dark almost black-blue, the eyes are the same, mine are light blue while his are black, and as for my keke genkai…I just won’t let him see me if I must use it.”
“If you say so.” we finally made it to the bridge, Naruto and Sasuke were already there standing opposite of each other, glaring at each other, “Wait you haven’t been introduced to them yet how are we going to explain that you’re going to be on our team now?”
“I don know.”
I sighed heavily “Oh well…”
“Hey…umm…Kailah, how are you…who’s that?” it was Naruto.
“Hey Naruto, this is Br-” she cut me short.
“Brye, my name’s Brye.” she said almost shyly.
“Why are you here?” Naruto and Sasuke asked but before either of us could answer Kakashi popped out of no where.
“She’s here because…she’s your newest teammate…now before Naruto starts to complain, she has already taken a graduation test and past so she is a leaf ninja, and on our squad. Now that that’s out of the way every one take a seat.” we did “ok now what we’re going to do today is just to get to know each other a bit better especially considering we have some one from the sand village and someone…who just happened to come in a bit late. What you all are going to do is tell us your names, likes, dislikes, hobbies, and any dreams you might have for the future. I’ll go first…my name is Kakashi Hatake, my likes I don’t really feel like telling you that, my dislikes I don’t really have any, hobbies I don’t really have one and as for a dream for the future, I haven’t given it much thought. Who’s next?”
That’s not really helpful all he really told us was his name. It’s not much of an example.
“I’ll go next.” it was Brye, she surprised me I really didn’t expect her to willing volunteer herself like that. “My name is Brye I don’t feel like telling anyone my last name” she glanced at Sasuke. “I like the cold” she glanced at me. “I dislike a lot of different things including heat” she glanced at me again. “My hobbies are…don’t have any. And as for a dream for the future, I don‘t have any.” she finished and looked at me with an eyeing glance saying it was my turn so then I spoke.
“I guess it’s my turn now, my name is Kailah Biatha, I like…the heat” I glanced at Brye and she looked angry that I was using this time to get back at her for her comments. “I hate…the cold” I glanced at brye again she seemed calmer this time and it looked like she was silently telling me to look at Kakashi so, I glanced at Kakashi and he looked embarrassed and almost angry. I better change the way I’m going here. “My hobbies are, finding new ways to test my intelligence, and my dream for the future is,” my voice changed from a little happy to hesitant as I continued to talk. “my dream for the future is…for my clan to be alright, and for the ‘rule’ my father bestowed upon me six years ago to be taken back, so I can see gaar…so I can see whom ever I choose again.” I shifted uneasily then Sasuke spoke and after him Naruto began to speak but I didn’t really pay attention to what they were saying because I almost said his name in front of them, of course I said it a couple of times in front of Brye…but that’s different, there was no one else around, for all I know being on an open bridge some one like a sparrow could hear me and tell Kenya or my parents and I could get into a lot of trouble. I glanced up at a tree branch hanging over the water’s edge and saw a sparrow pruning herself. She stopped, looked at me, and then continued. By the time I turned my attention back to the group Kakashi was talking about meeting back on this bridge tomorrow at 6:00 a.m. for a training exercise to see if we were worthy of being ninja or some thing like that.
“Ok, so it’s all understood? We’re meeting here tomorrow at 6:00 and no breakfast right?”
“Right.” we all replied in unison.
“Good then I’ll see you all there, your dismissed.” then Kakashi vanished. Sasuke and Naruto started to walk off which left me and Brye just standing there in the middle of the bridge.
“So, you almost said his name didn’t you?” asked Brye.
“Yea…but I caught my self.” I answered a bit sheepishly. I looked back at the sparrow just as she spread her wings and took flight.
“Yea, let’s just hope it was soon enough.” she said, I could tell she didn’t mean it, she was just joking…but still.
“You want to head home?” I asked.
“You can…I’m going to walk around a bit I’ll meet you at home…unless you rather walk with me?”
I thought for a moment…what’s there for me to do once I get home? lunch’s not for another couple of hours, and I wouldn’t want to be home by myself, or just train in the backyard again…so yea I’ll go.
“Sure why not I’ll go with you…where to?”
“Just around the village or so, maybe outside…”
“Outside?”
“But not to far from the main gates, don’t worry, if we go out of the village depending on whom the guards are it shouldn’t be to difficult to came back in.”
“Are you sure?”
“Positive.”
“Fine…let’s go.” I didn’t know why but I had an interesting feeling about this…plus, when my father sent me here…he said I wasn’t aloud outside of the village unless it was part of a mission. Will I get in trouble for going “outside” even if it’s not that far?…I’m curios.
Sign up to rate and review this story