Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Ninja's life of Confusion (revised)

Chapter 7: The Argument of all Arguments…About Temperature?

by raptor102092 0 reviews

kailah finds keiara's moving out and someone else is moving in to replace her...and the fur/scales flies

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Sci-fi - Characters: Kakashi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-08-21 - Updated: 2007-08-21 - 2033 words

0Unrated
Chapter 7: the argument of all arguments…about temperature?

As I approached I saw Keiara leaving with a few bags and saying good bye to everyone. Does this mean that I get a room all to my self? I hope so.
As I passed Keiara on the sidewalk I asked “are you moving out?”
“Yes, I’m moving to a new apartment to get away from my current roommates.” she said with a smirk.
Man I don’t like her…wait…did she roommates as in more then one?
As I walked in the door Kakashi grabbed my arm and dragged me up to my now empty room. As we went in, I saw Brye on Keiara’s bed and I realized that the room was a lot colder than when I left this morning, I started to glare at Brye.
“Kakashi what is going on around here why is my room so cold and why is she in here?” I asked still glaring at brye, who was just sitting there on Keiara’s bed.
“I’ll leave you two to get acquainted and I’ll call you down for dinner in 20 minuets.” Kakashi said as he turned around and left the room with out answering any of my questions.
“Hey there, Kailah was it? Well it looks like we are rooming together and Keiara I think it was, moved out at a really good time.” Brye said it a really too nice kind of voice.
As she was talking I walked over to the thermostat and turned up the heat from 53F to 82F which is its usual temperature.
“Are you trying to kill me with heat stroke it was to warm at 53, but your stupid thermostat wouldn’t go any lower.” she shouted as she saw what I was doing.
“No but I think you were trying to give me frost bite.”
“No when I came in here I felt like I was in the desert like which you are from but I can’t stand that so you will have to deal with 53.” she said getting up and turning it all the way down.
I turned it back up then she reached to turn it down but I slapped her hand and growled at her, and she growled back. We growled for about 5 minuets just standing near the thermostat, then Kakashi walked in and was about to tell us that dinner was ready but changed his mind and instead said…
“Alright what are you two fighting about now?”
“She turned the heat down to much.” I said
“Yea well it was too hot in here.” she replied
“Too cold”
“Too hot”
“Methugan!”
“Release the demon wolf!”
“SSSSSQQUUUUAAARRR WHAT ARE YOU?!?!”
“RRRAAAOOOOO WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHAT AM I?!?! WHAT ARE YOU?!?!”
“What are you two doing I want you both down stairs for dinner now!!!” Kakashi screamed. Due to all the screaming of all three of us Kenya walked in with almost a half loaf of bread in her mouth looking from me to Brye to Kakashi wondering probably why there was a large wolf and a velociraptor in a room yelling at each other.
“Kakashi what in the world is going on why are both Brye and Kailah fighting and why is Brye a wolf?…KAILAH I THOUGHT THAT MOM AND DAD TAUGHT YOU NEVER TO USE YOU KEKE GENKAI AGAINST A TEAMATE OVER SOMETHING STUPID! AND DIDN‘T THEY ALSO SAY TO KEEP IT HIDDEN? IT WAS YOU WHO YELLED AT ME FOR LETTING MY BOYFRIEND KNOW, WASN‘T IT?” I could tell she was mad and so was Kakashi so I quickly transformed back into a human and Brye the same.
“Alright both of you down stairs for dinner and then we will talk about you to getting along better.” Kakashi said turning around and walking away. Kenya still standing in the middle of the hall with what was now a half loaf of bread with a chunk bitten out of it. Brye and I walked down stairs and sat skew to each other at the table.
“Alright so what was going on upstairs Kailah you first.” Kakashi said sitting down.
“well Brye turned the heat down to 53 and it was too cold so then I turned it back up to 82 then she turned it back down then I turned it back up and then she TRIED to turn it back down and then I slapped her hand and growled at her. Then that is when you came in and you know the rest.” I said looking down.
“Alright Brye what is your side of the story.” he asked
“Well it is the same on my side except technically the opposite I turned it down and she turned it up.”
“Alright now what was the whole wolf thing?” Kakashi asked
“well you see when I was kidnapped by orochimaru he sealed a 5 tailed demon inside me which happened to be a wolf, so yea, I can transform into a wolf because of it.” she explained, I could feel the embarrassment in her voice.
“Ok no more fighting over anything from here on out ok?” it was more of a command than a question that came from Kakashi.
“Ok” both Brye and I replied at the same time.
“Good and from now on the thermostat will be set at 68F understood?” Kakashi asked in more of a dominant voice than a questioning one. “and no more playing with it…because it controls the temp. in the whole house.”
“Understood” Brye and I replied. Kenya was eating her bowl of roman barely paying any attention, Brye pick up a pair of chopsticks at started to poke hers then she started to eat, I looked at Kakashi and he had nothing in his bowl and it didn’t look like he ate anything yet, then I looked down at my bowl and thought.
It’s strange why must we fight over the dumbest of things, first we fight over nothing then we fought over temperature…it makes no sense normally I wouldn’t even come close to even thinking about fighting but there’s something about Brye that just seems to get to me…I wonder why…and what it is? And WHY couldn’t I control my anger? I could of jeopardized the whole coming to Kanoha for protection thing. I picked up my chopsticks, put them back down and asked.
“May I be excused?”
“You’re not going to eat?” Kakashi asked.
“No I’m not hungry, and besides I have to much on my mind to eat I think I just need to get some sleep…I’ll see you in the morning.” I turned to Brye “if I’m not asleep when you go to the room, I would like to have a conversation were we aren’t fighting…if I am asleep please try not to wake me up.” I waked away without waiting for an answer and I laid down in bed staring at the ceiling, thinking. I wonder how mother and father are doing, I miss them a lot, yet Kenya almost seems unfazed and in a way, happier…probably because she doesn’t have to deal with all the rules, but no matter where I go one rule will always fallow me, and that is…I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before continuing. ’you are for-. At that moment Brye walked in.
“hmmm…I thought you would be down there a bit longer than that.” I said looking up at her.
“yea well…after you left Kakashi and Kenya started nagging me to go up and make peace before you fell asleep, because of which I never got to finish my roman and I‘m still really hungry.”
I chucked a bit “so pretty much you were forced to ‘make’ peace in order to be aloud to finish your dinner?”
“Pretty much.” she replied started to laugh a bit herself.
“Well in that case…” I looked around the room like if some one was going to show some one something no one else was aloud to see, and I was. “Look at this.” I said pulling out a box from under my bed, I opened it and Brye gasped.
“You keep this in your room?”
“yea of course I do, it’s for incidents just like this one, when I was younger I always went to my room before I ate dinner, mostly because I was mad at my father…in fact I’ve kept a box of food under my bed since I was 6 years old.”
“6 years old? What were most of the reasons you were mad at your father?”
“Well, there was only one reason I was, and still kind of am mad at him.”
“And that would beeee?”
I really can’t tell her, even if we’re going to be both roommates and teammates I can‘t tell her, or anyone for that matter…I’m forbidden, but maybe if I tell her and no one else is around to tell father that I’m talking about it “It’s…and I quote…‘You are forbidden from ever seeing Gaara or any one outside of the main branch until further notice.’”
“Gaara that sounds familiar…” I could tell that she was thinking hard…then her face almost had a look of anger for not realizing who it was earlier and confusion. “Gaara, as in, Gaara of the desert?” she asked almost scared.
“I’m not sure I never heard him called Gaara of the desert, in fact because of my father’s rule I never saw or heard of or from Gaara…for 6 years. that’s why I skipped dinner a lot and ended up eating in my room, I couldn’t face the one who forbid me from seeing my only friend, and because I wasn’t allowed to see any one out side of the main branch of the family I wasn’t able to meet any one else…coming to this village was for my safety but I’m kind of glad I’m here…this is the first time in 6 years I’ve been allowed to see some one other then a family member, and I’m home sick. And I miss the old days back when I was able to play with Gaara an entire night with out getting yelled at or questioned, but I don’t blame my father, it was for my own safety…if you know of Gaara then tell me this, do you know what started to happen to him 6 years ago? when he was 6 years old?” I looked at her, feeling almost happy I was able to talk that much about my old friend with out getting yelled at…and she was listening to what I was saying and caring about how I felt. I bent down and took a medium bag of pretzels out of the box and handed them to Brye as she thought.
“Thanks…the assassins started to come…they were ordered by the kazakaga…his own father, to kill him…did you say you were friends with him?”
“Yes very very good friends, for some reason a lot of the other kids were afraid of him I never found out why, he didn’t even know. Because I hung out with him every one feared me as well but I didn’t care, as long as I had Gaara I was happy but…” I sighed heavily. “its getting late we have a long day tomorrow I’m going to bed.” I laid back down and turned over and faced the wall I could sense that Brye wanted to talk more but all I heard was her munching on the pretzels and getting into her bed, than I fell asleep, and I had a dream, about that first and last night with him, first night of the assassins, last night of playing with my only friend, I don’t know weather it was a nightmare or a good dream or both because it didn’t last long enough for me to find out.
Sign up to rate and review this story