Categories > TV > Power Rangers > Bleu Soliloqui

A bed of lies revealed

by cypheroftyr 0 reviews

Billy always thought his father was a good man, well he's wrong.

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor - Characters: Jason, Other - Warnings: [?] [X] - Published: 2006-01-02 - Updated: 2006-01-02 - 11511 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: You know the drill by now...

It was a sunny day in Angel Grove, however a few of its residents wouldn't have known it from the emotional storm that they were just witnesses to. Of all the teens present, none were more shocked at the irrational and violent outburst of William Cranston than Jason Scott or Kimberly Hart. He's one of the most reserved people any of them know, and for everyone else present the display they just saw was a huge departure from the quiet, reserved boy they had come to know. In all the years Jason has known Billy, he had only twice seen his friend explode in anger, but never on the scale he had just witnessed.

He's worried senseless about his best bro', since he knows the lengths it takes to set Billy off. He wants nothing more than to run after him, but shock and a million questions from Rocky, Adam, Aisha, Tommy and Kim are holding him in place in the school's parking lot.

"What the hell was that about??!!" Rocky exclaimed, for once losing the joking manner that is his trademark attitude.

"Your guess is as good as mine Rocky. I've only seen him that mad twice in the years I've known him, and believe me you don't want to know what set him off. He... damn I don't know what could have happened. But I should get to his place to at least make sure he gets home without killing himself..."

"...Or anyone else the way he rolled out of here." Kim finishes for Jason. She is equally appalled at the way Billy snapped. She has known him since they were 8, and she has been lucky to never see him lose his temper the way he just had. I wonder what could have happened. , She thinks as she follows Jason to his car. She realizes that the others are starting to follow.

"Uh guys, let us get this one. Whatever it is, he more than likely won't even tell us about it. This is going to be hard Jase. Do you think he will tell us?"

"I don't know Kim. We'll just have to hope so. Can one of you take Skull inside? He probably should have the nurse check him out."

"Sure, c'mon lets get you cleaned up." Adam pulls a dazed and confused Skull into the school towards the nurses' office.

"Meet later?" Everyone just nods in unspoken agreement to meet at the usual spot to regroup after this incident.

******

While his friends were worrying about his apparently fragile mental state, William Cranston was in his room, seeking out some clothes and music to take with him. He has a vague idea as to where he is going to go, as long as it was as far away from his father and friends as possible. After all, what did it matter anymore, when his father had destroyed the trust and affection that had been there just four days before... that was before his world had fallen apart in a web of half-truths and deceits that apparently was being maintained by his family for months and years and that he had apparently been too dense to pick up on all this time.

The frantic ringing of the doorbell interrupts his attempts at escape the home he could now no longer stand to be in for another moment. _Damn, Alex must not have remembered his keys. Hell, let him rot out there. He can get in when I leave. He might as well take my room too, since Dad seems hell-bent on acting as if this is an every day thing, lying to your only, no, correction one of two son's for his whole life._

As he is heading out the door, he realizes that it's not Alex ringing the doorbell like they are nuts; but Jase and Kim thanks to Jason's 4x4 in his driveway. , and that they were more than likely going to attempt to figure out what is going on with him. After all, he cheerfully beat Skull down and peeled out of the school lot like his ass was on fire. _Great, what I DO NOT want right now!_

He opens the door, looking decidedly unhappy at his very unwanted guests. Kim and Jason are startled by the fact that they hadn't heard Billy coming, and are greeted by a very grim looking Blue Ninjetti.

"Uh, umm, hi... can we come in?"

"I'm on my way out, is it important?"
"Well, after what just happened, I, we... are concerned about you. C'Mon Billy, please don't do this-"

Billy, who wants to hear none of whatever line of reasoning that Jason had been attempting to use, cuts him off.

"Save it Jason, I don't want to hear that phrase ever again for the rest of my life. I will do whatever the fuck I please from now on. Now get off the porch and get out of the way."

Jason, who is shocked at the rude way in which he was just spoken to won't tolerate that tone from anyone, let alone William Cranston, who would never even use such crass language under normal circumstances. _But these can't be normal circumstances, since the Billy I know would never harm anyone on purpose, let alone seem to enjoy it._ He grabs Billy by the collar of his T-shirt and lifts him off the ground, bringing him face to face with himself.

"Dammit Cranston, I may have known you for years, but no one talks to me like that. Least of all a guy who I consider a brother and friend!"

Kim is trying to diffuse the situation, since she is picking up on Billy's anger, realizing this could get really ugly, really quickly.

"Jason, let him go. This is getting out of hand; starting a screaming match on the front porch isn't going to resolve anything and he wants to go. Let him leave, but if we need to find him we can, remember?" She taps her communicator, reminding him that if needed they could track him down at any time. Jason looks at her reluctantly, and then puts Billy down on the porch.

He tries to read the look on Billy's face, and realizes that something has to be horribly wrong with his best friend. Kim intercedes, she can't quite read Billy's expression, but whatever has him on this rampage must have hurt more than anything he had experienced in his life, maybe even more than losing his mom had.

"Billy, we're just worried about you. Don't shut us out, but at least leave knowing that we are here for you. I don't know what happened and why you have seemingly gone out to lunch up here she taps his temple, gently for emphasis. We are here when or if you want to talk to someone. You didn't come to school yesterday, and today you have been acting like a lunatic. This is a 180-degree turn around from the guy that walked out of school last Friday afternoon.

If you don't want to talk about it, fine. We know all too well that you won't talk about a problem if you really don't want to, but dammit we're your friends and we care. You know the number if you want to call."

She stops and looks up at him, and Billy is apparently fighting with himself over wanting to give in to the rational side of himself that knows his friends really are concerned about him and the mania that seems to have gotten a strangle-hold on his mind since last Friday night. He just looks away from them and goes back to the living room, leaving the front door open. Kim and Jason enter, and shut it, waiting for some indication of whether they are wanted or not. "Is he aware that we are here?" Jason, is still upset at the way Billy had spoken to him, but he more concerned with the vacant expression that has replaced the look of sheer rage he had just seen in Billy's eyes not too long before.

"I don't know if he is aware of us or not."

"Um, Billy do you want us to stay here or would you like to be alone right now?"

"Kim, I...don't know what I want exactly. I want last weekend to not have happened. I want to not feel like I am feeling right now. Jason, please excuse the way I spoke to you. I'm not myself... any longer. I'm going to my Uncles cabin for ...a while. I need to get away from here, from everyone for a little while. If you see Alexander or my father will you tell them I'm at my Uncles place and I will call them later, maybe."

"Sure man, you know the number, please use it if you need to." Jason says this softly, letting Billy know how much he means it by giving his shoulder a squeeze as he gets up to leave for emphasis. Kim hugs him then joins Jason at the front door. They leave when it seems that Billy isn't going to see them out or even is willing to move off of the couch. After they exit the Cranston home, they decide to join the gang at the Juice Bar and discuss what this strange turn of events could mean for the team and for them as friends.

********

Billy finishes hauling his duffel and laptop to the car and heads out to his uncle's cabin in Forest Creek. He has on a Gypsy Kings CD that had been a gift from Adam on his birthday this year.

_ Damn my father, damn him to hell for lying to me!_ he thinks angrily as he heads to his uncle's cabin. His thoughts continue in this vein until he pulls up to his uncle's resort.

He heads in, knowing that he will have to tell them the truth about his sudden arrival, and his father will be sure to call them once he realizes that Billy is missing.

"Hi Uncle Dave, Aunt Erinn. Did you get my message?"

"We did, why the urgency though William?"

"I'd rather put my things away first, it's a long story." He just waits there at the front desk, sheepishly waiting his uncle's 3^rd degree treatment. The only other time Billy had just shown up on their stoop was when he had had a horrible fight with his father shortly after his mother had been killed.

"Sure, c'mon in. Here is the key to the back cabin. Stay for a while. And if your dad calls...?"

"Tell him what you like, I, we had a major falling out and this time it's worse than when I was 11. He, he lied to me David." After that soft curse, he leaves for his cabin. His aunt and uncle watch the teen heading down the hall, and notice the weariness of spirit that no one that young should have experienced.

"Damn, I wonder what Lance did that has him so beat down? I'll call him, he must be worried sick too."

"Go head', I'll start on dinner, and let him tell us in his own time. You know he is stubborn as an ox, and he wont budge the minute you start pushing him to talk. He can be an ornery little cuss, but I wouldn't have him any other way." They head off in separate directions, David to find out what could have happened between his brother and nephew, Erinn to start dinner for them.

Billy meanwhile is in his cabin, showering and trying to feel a little better, at least physically. Once he has showered and changed clothes, he feels up to the impending interrogation that he is sure to come from David. He is surprised to hear his uncle cussing out someone on the phone and he's glad that he's not the target of the colorful expletives his uncle is imparting to the unfortunate person.

As he meanders into the kitchen, his communicator goes off, and his aunt just looks up with a questioning look on her face.

"Um, it's my pager. I'll be back in a sec." After he gets back to his room for, he checks in. "I read you, what's going on?"

"We need you at the chamber like yesterday man. This is something I think you should handle, and besides, Tommy is freaking big time about this."

"Kim, what is it? Can't you just tell me?"

"No you have to see this one for yourself Billy. Please hurry."
"Oh all right...." _Damn, can't a guy even get away from this for one lousy day? _ He heads back to the kitchen, and gives his aunt a lame excuse for running off as soon as he's gotten there.

"Um aunt Erinn, I need to..."

"It's ok, go on. I'll tell David you're with friends. Come back soon."

"Thanks, I'll be back soon as possible." With that, he departs to the Command Center to find out what he is so desperately needed for. When he gets there a minute later, he nearly faints when he comes face to face with himself, Jason and Rocky. But `he' and the others are radically altered versions of himself and the friends he has come to know over the years.

The other shocking difference is that they seem to be rangers, but in different colors than they wound up in his reality. Rocky is in black, Jason is in Blue and he is in Green of all colors. The physical differences don't stop there either. He is much more rougher and meaner looking as well, and if he didn't know better, he would have sworn that he could see a tattoo under his sleeve. Rocky has a thin goatee and two earrings, and his hair is in the style that Tommy favored back in his Green Ranger days.

Jason is the biggest shock for him though. This one is garbed in head to toe blue, and is just plain evil looking. He has hoop earrings in both ears, and a huge panther tattoo that must take up his whole upper-right arm. He is wearing a darker shade than Billy usually favors, and his hair is a light shade of brown up top and it's normal ebony on the back and sides. His features are locked into a scowl that would shame Tommy on his worst day.

No one seems to be able to find any words that would seem appropriate, only the three alternate versions of them-selves seem to be somewhat composed. The other `Billy' speaks first since none of the gang has been even able to do much beside stare at them.

"What is going on here? Who the hell are you people and how is Tommy still here? He is supposed to be paralyzed." Realization dawns on him, and he figures that the tricky teleport that they had tried as a last ditch effort must have worked. But, he still is unsettled to see a whole and healthy Tommy in this reality.

Tommy, who has been an emotional wreck on the inside since they were teleported in, finally squeaks out "P.p.paralyzed?!! What do you mean I'm supposed to be paralyzed?!" He can't believe that he is seeing whom he is seeing, and the fact that Billy is wearing Green is a little too much for him. He starts to flash back to his days as Rita's evil servant. He shakes it off for the present time since there is no way anyone can be the green ranger again, Rita saw to that after all. He tunes back in as `Billy' is explaining himself to the others.

"...He finally mocked me one time too many, and I finally lost it. I should have thanked him though; the rage that I finally let out helped a lot. It finally allowed my true powers to become active." `Billy' explains this to Tommy with calmness in his voice and with an icy grin that is making his counterpart want to hurl.

"So we can assume that you are all rangers, correct?" Jason asks them... He is really hoping that they are some ploy to draw out the real Rangers, and that the stupidity of this plan would allow them to destroy these guys who just had to be fakes. Please for the love of whatever God was out there, let them be really bad clones.

"Yeah, what's it to you? From what we can tell, you are the powerless one here. Why are you even allowed here, this place is for Rangers after all." `Rocky' says this glaring at his alternate while making his verbal stab at Jason, who was still not an active ranger during his break from the conference in Switzerland.

"Not nice, Rocko, we didn't come here to harass Jason, we don't even need him in this plane. No need to rub it in ya'know." `Billy' reprimands `Rocky' gently, and turns to face his counterpart and stare him down. "So, if you are the smart one here, you tell me what we want."

Billy is still quiet, taking measure of his alternate. This `Billy' seems to not be all there mentally, but it's in a deadly, intellectual way. Apparently he is not one to be screwed with; if what he said about their Tommy was true. One thing he knew about himself was that he didn't lie, but then again this wasn't himself, just a different version.

"Well, uh `Billy'..." His alternate cuts him off...

"Call me that again and I'll rip your balls off and feed them to you for dinner. No one calls me that, the one person who could no longer graces our planet. I don't care if it is your name too, call me Will or William."

"No need to be like that. Besides, I lost her too you know. Anyway, Will... you need some kind of help wherever it is you came from? Either you are Rangers who are evil naturally, or you were turned and you need help breaking the spell your under. Or, your entire reality is going to be destroyed unless you get some outside assistance. Otherwise, why would you take the chance on traveling to another reality?"

"Nice, what I would assume were the situation reversed. I wish it were that simple. Nice and neat, build something, send us home and be done. Unfortunately, it's kind of a combo deal. We are from a reality where we are still good, but a new evil that is more powerful than Zedd and Rita combined has shown up, and we are getting our collective asses kicked. Something called the `Machine Empire' has shown up in our reality. Who or whatever they are, they sent Zedd and Rita packing on reputation alone. Next thing we know, everything is destroyed, Zords, this place, everything. We had a chance at new powers, by going to Phaedos, and attaining the power of Ninjetti."

"But..." `Jason' who finishes the story interrupts him. "They sent a squadron of Cogs, and their army to Phaedos before we could even scare up the power to go there. They blew up Phaedos, and the sick bastards sent us a video of it. We lost all hope after that. Our chance at regaining power was lost Cogs and creatures that had been created by the Machine Empire were overrunning Earth... and all we could do was watch. A couple of us were `hurt' in attacks and a couple of us were killed. Damn, we need your help. It was Zordon and Will who came up with the idea to send us to another reality where there was no Machine Empire, yet and try to attain the great Power. Maybe it would be enough, maybe not."

"But," `Rocky' chimed in... "We don't even know if the Great Power even exists, it could all be some cosmic joke. And that means we would be stuck here for good. Or at least until they show up in your time frame."

After hearing this, the Ninjetti are shocked, appalled and frightened by what they have been told by these three rangers who are fighting a worse evil than they could imagine.

"Zordon, what can we do to help, if anything? We can't leave the earth undefended... and the minute they realize we have left, they will be sure to send down monsters." Jason asks, still unnerved by his counterpart, especially since he is, correction was the Blue Ranger in that reality.

"Jason, let me take counsel with both William's and we will get back to you in a while. Rangers, for now there is nothing to do here, but the moment we come up with a plan you'll be notified."

They all leave, except for Jason, who wants to stay and hear what they could possibly come up with. "Would you mind if I stayed here, I want to help out, even if I am the powerless one here?" This is said with bitterness that surprises all of those present, and the other `Rocky' at least has the good grace to look embarrassed.

"Sure, Jase. It might help me calm my nerves to have you here. So, William, Zordon, what are the possibilities?"

"Billy, I have been over this in my head countless times. Even if we do attain the great power, our Phaedos has still been destroyed. So, there would be no power source once we got back, if we can get back. It would be cool while here, but once we have gotten back to our plane of existence, then how would we maintain the power? And then there is the issue of the Zords. How would we call them from here?

"If we could have some way of drawing the power from here to there, it would work with no problem." Billy states this; realizing things can never be that easy for them.

"But, if you did that you would have to have some kind of inter-dimensional pipeline that would have to remain open to allow this. And that could allow them to enter your reality if they figured out how to piggyback on the energy flow. However, since they are mechanical, they may not be smart enough to figure it out or be inclined to do so, since they could be destroyed by an energy surge."

"I'm stumped Will. I need a little time to regroup and get my head straight. That's what I was trying to do when I was called. Long story Will. Hopefully, that hasn't happened to you."

"I agree, it's been a long day for all of us. When can we meet again?"

"Tomorrow evening, in the park, about 6:00 or so. Where are you all staying?"

"At the Stone Canyon Arms, rooms 58 and 59. I signed in under BJ MacLennan. Stop by if you want. The others can if they want; besides I can see the wheels turning; you're dying to see how I wound up the Green one. G'night for now."

They leave, leaving Billy and Jason in the Command Center who then face each other uneasily after what transpired earlier between them. "Jason, I'm sorry for earlier, like I said I need to get my head straight, but this is a little more important right now. We can talk when it's over. I should get back, my aunt's probably worried about me. Tomorrow then?"

"Tomorrow, good night Billy."

*************

As the rangers from this reality settle in for the night, Will, Rocko and Jason are getting ready for the long day they have ahead of them tomorrow. Rocko has his own room, since he didn't want to get between Will and Jason. When they wanted to have time together, it was not in anyone's best interest to interrupt. He is at the door to knock, when Jason comes up behind him and surprises him.

"What did you want Rocko, we're getting ready for bed."

"Nothing much, just wanted to be sure you two were ok. It has been a long, weird day to say the least. Seeing myself in Red was hard to take. It's the color I would have had if Tommy had taken the White. But, we are not in Kansas anymore, and who knows if we will even succeed."

"We will succeed, or we will die trying. Now go and give us some desperately needed space. After all, seeing myself with no power was harder than I thought. I need him now. Besides, he isn't all there despite the way he presented himself to them. His alternate knew it, and so do I."

"Ok, good night then. Can you wake me in the morning?"

"Sure, night Rock."

*************

"What did Rocko want?" William asks this as he turns on his side to acknowledge Jason's presence in the room.

"He was worried about us, as usual. Being team medic is so ingrained in him he can't stop even without his powers. What about you, you had to have been in agony being so close to your double. He is in pain though. Even I could tell that."

"Billy's abilities are still dormant. But whatever it is that has him so screwed up may be his trigger event. We'll see. Now, just hold me, I need to be reminded of what's important at least for right now."
"Sure. Turn over, I'll give you a back rub." Will is silent, grim almost as Jason gives him a back rub, and he returns the favor. He is almost asleep as he feels Jason trying to strip him, and he just looks at him with desperation born of for once in his life not knowing what to do in his eyes. "Please, just let me sleep. I know that normally I would never refuse you, but these are anything but normal circumstances. I need to get all the rest I can to work on our problem. Please let me refuse you for once. I will make it up as soon as possible."

Jason looks him over, debating the merit of pushing the issue with him now, and decides he can collect later. "Damn, I hate when you beg, at least like that. Fine, go to sleep. But if you need or want to talk to me, I'll be in Rocko's room." Jason leaves in a huff, and goes to Rocko's room. He knocks, hoping that Rock is still awake.

"Who is it?"

"It's me, Jason, I want to come in."

"Sure, hold on a second." Rocko lets him in and curls back up on the bed, wondering what Jason could really want. If that was what he was after, Rocko was not the man to give him that kind of comfort. "So, what brings you to my lair?"

"I can't sleep and he is being moody. I don't have the heart to force him, and he is freaking I think. He asked me to let him be. Very unusual behavior for him, if I say do so myself. Can I crash here?"

"Sure, pull up some bed. Just let me sleep, I don't want to deal with him getting any foolish ideas like last time. Good night Jason." With that, Rocko rolls over and drifts off again, leaving Jason to his own devices. Jason lies there for a while, then drifts off to sleep, albeit one filled with nightmares of Cogs and King Mondo.

**************

While his counterpart has been trying to get to sleep, William Cranston has been dealing with his uncle, who cannot believe the stunt Lance has pulled. He has been sitting there in awe of his Uncle's ire over what transpired last weekend. He is stunned to say the least and a little touched. He was wondering how his uncle would react to the news of his betrayal.

"David, c'mon. No need for you to get so worked up over this. I am wiped out. I spent some time with my friends, and I am feeling a little better now. Will you wake me for school, we can talk later, ok?"

"Sure Billy, but your father is on my shit list boy. I can't believe he would do that, and then tell you in such a way. He had to know that it would mortify you to have him tell you in such a way. I'll throttle him within an inch of his life when I see him again. Go on, I'm still a little hot under the collar. I'll be sure to wake you. What time?"
"6:30 should be more than enough time. Please calm down; you're madder than I was, I think. I'll get through this. I just hope I can get back some of the trust I lost. `Night Uncle David, Aunt Erinn." He takes his leave of them, finally falling into a fitful sleep, with dreams of himself as the evil Green Ranger, and Jason as being the one who freed him from Rita's spell. He wakes up the next day, tired and slightly irritated. He puts on his usual "I'm okay" front for his friends, and awaits the repercussions of his fight with Skull. Kim and Aisha, who are still worried about his mental state, especially after their added problem of three powerless rangers from another reality who needed help desperately just showed up out of the blue, greet him with a little trepidation considering his actions the previous afternoon.

"Hi guys, what's wrong?" He can't quite read the looks on Kim and Aisha, so he isn't sure how to deal with them at the moment.

"Just wondering how you are feeling Billy, should you even be at school today?" Aisha is very worried, mostly because she has been nursing feelings for the real Billy since it was discovered that he was the real one and not the clone had harmed her almost four months ago. She is trying to drop hints, but is unsure of how to proceed after his outburst the day before.

"Yeah, I should be here. Better than moping around at my uncle's place. Thanks for worrying." He is rewarded with a brilliant smile and a blush from Aisha. _ No that is impossible, she can't be blushing! I'm really pushing things if I dare to hope that she would have any interest in me, king geek of Angel Grove High. Besides, I have some major issues to work through; maybe later we should talk, for now though best to play it cool. _

"Aisha, would you like to have lunch, together?"

"S, Sure. I've got to go to class now. See you at fourth period for lunch, here?"

"Of course." Aisha bounces off to class. Billy just has a bemused expression on his face as he turns to face Kim. "Any clue what that was about? She just about floated down the hall."

"God, are you blind Billy? She is on cloud nine because you asked her to have lunch. I think she has it bad for you. She must, cause you guys' have had lunch before and she has never reacted like that before. Never mind. Sorry."

"Stop it, don't start apologizing for whatever you were about to say. Sorry, but I get a huge F in the subject of deciphering the female of the species. I wouldn't know interest if it came up and bit me on the ass. I like her too. Don't tell her just yet Kim; I want to see what will happen at lunch. I'll keep you posted as things develop. Don't forget, 6 in the park."

"I won't. Have fun later. Gotta go, I have Chem. first period, and he is not one to tolerate tardiness."

"Bye Kim, catch you later.' His day is uneventful until lunch with Aisha. They opt to eat outside where the school has set up benches and tables for students inclined to dine out of doors. He is kind of nervous, considering that he thinks she likes him. Once they settle in and start eating, he notices Aisha is a little fidgety and can't seem to sit still.

"Are you ok, you seem awful antsy."

"I'm ok, just worried about my bio finals." She says this with a blush, not looking directly at him.

"I'd be happy to help you out, if you need it. Anytime at all you know." He has decided to attempt to speak in more vernacular terminology, considering that no one understands a word he says otherwise. He tries to inflect his voice so that she can get the hint about his non-academic interest in her. She gulps, looks him in the eye, and before she chickens out, asks him on a date.

"Billy, would you like to go out with me?" He turns a very amusing shade of scarlet before finding a voice to reply with.

"Of course. I'm just glad you forgave me for what my double did. I'd be honored to Aisha, just as soon as we figure out our little problem that popped up yesterday."

"Sure, thanks for saying yes. Any progress on that by the way?"

"Nothing good yet, just a few random ideas are floating around for now. I wonder if Will has come up with anything yet?"
No offense, but he gives me the creeps. All of them do."

"Me too. He seems to be so, cold and uncaring. Like he is afraid to feel anymore. Or like he has to keep a tight check on his emotions. I am curious as to how he wound up Green though. Anyway, we should get going. I have a two-hour biology lab, and then I'm done for the day. Would you like to take a walk in the park after school, until we need to meet the others?"

"Sure, I'll meet you by your locker at the end of 7^th. Later Billy."

"Fare thee well milady Aisha."

They part ways, until the end of 7^th period. Their alternates however, are not having such a routine day.

***************

William is attempting to get some parts for the laptop he brought with him, and he runs into Billy's father, who is shocked at what he thinks that he has done to himself. `Great, what I do not need, his father is gonna have a heart attack when he sees me, and thinks I'm Billy'

Lance Cranston does exactly what William assumes he would do and freaks out when he confronts the young man he assumes is his son.

"What the hell have you done to yourself?!"

"I don't know who you think I am, but I suggest you back off old man "

"William Jason Cranston, this is not funny! Did you just call me old man? Did you seem to forget that I am your father?! What the hell have you done to yourself?! Did you think that you would get back at me by doing this?"
"I can assure you that I am not William Cranston. I'm called David, but you can call me trouble if you don't get away from me old man..." He says this with a snarl, and gets into a defensive position ready to back hand Lance. Lance turns away and stalks off, more pissed off than he could have imagined he could be at his son.

William turns and heads to the laptop section of Micro Center and is cursing himself for not factoring in that he could have run into people who knew Billy, let alone his father. But then, the question would be `why isn't he at work right now?'

Lance is just dumbfounded, he knows that this guy has to be his son; after all didn't Billy tell him that the clone was killed or left? If that wasn't the clone, William was going to get more than a talk this time around. He couldn't believe that his son would have called him old man? If that was the clone, William would be off the hook, but he still had to deal with the issue at hand.

The fact that he had royally screwed up in keeping the fact that Alex was Billy's twin rather than his `look-alike' cousin from him until last weekend, and the way he told Billy and Alex didn't make it any easier either. Regardless, he needed to get back to work before he went into hysterics then and there.

**************

Meanwhile, `Jason' and `Rocky' are having similar problems in Stone Canyon. Even though Rocky has been a student at AGHS for about four months, he still has plenty of friends in Stone Canyon. This proves to be a problem, when they try to have lunch at a local eatery.

A friend of Rocky's, who is now out of high school, recognizes his friend, and wondering why he is so far from AGHS, and who is the guy he has with him. He stops short when he realizes that `Rocky' is looking dramatically different from when he last saw him.

"Uh, hi Rocky. How have you been?"

"I'm sorry, I think you have mistaken me for someone you know."

"But, you look exactly like a guy I went to high school with. Sorry to have bothered you."

"It's alright."

They finish having lunch and head back to the hotel. Once Jason enters their room, he finds `Will' tinkering with the laptop and muttering at it. He just sits on the bed knowing better than to disturb Will' when he is working. `Will' eventually looks up at him, and mumbles "Hey"

"Hey yourself, what are you doing to the laptop?"

"Nothing, just trying to fine tune it for what I need later. How was your day?"

"Ok, except we ran into a guy that knows this Rocky. But he bought it when Rock said he was mistaken. Good thing, cause it seems that he has been in a shitty mood since last night."

"I ran into Billy's dad in Micro Center. He just kept going on about how I did this to get back at him. I did a bad thing though. I called him old man and then stalked off. He was freaking me out a little bit. Maybe I should ask Billy what the hell is going on with him, before I make it any worse by saying or doing something else wrong. Anyway, what time is it? We should leave soon."

"I have 1600 hours. C'mon, we can take a walk in the park before the others get there. Especially since you tossed me out last night."

Will gives him a searing look before replying; knowing that he refused for sound reasons, not just to be an asshole.

"Don't start with me Jason. Would you have preferred a fistfight versus a gentle plea? I wasn't in the mood and if you had forced me, it would have been bad all around. Let's go, tell Rock where to meet us, or is this private time for us?"

"I'd prefer to talk you alone. I'll tell Rock where to meet us, be back in a second."

"Sure, I need to pack up the laptop, take your time." Jason goes off to tell Rock where to meet them and they teleport into the park, in a secluded section that the Rangers would use frequently. Will starts to head in the general direction of the meeting place, but `Jason' pulls him back to where they are, indicating that they should sit in the grass.

"What are you up to? You know that being out is nowhere near as accepted here as in our reality. Besides, I think both Jason and Billy would freak if they knew that we are lovers in our reality. I'd rather not draw anymore attention to ourselves than necessary."

"You can read minds, and you know what I am feeling most of the time, so tell me what I am up to."

"I, I'd rather not..." but seeing the look that `Jason' has on his face stops him. "Very well. You are confused by my usual lack of affection, and you are concerned with my mental state, much more than usual. Also, you are worried that my lack of open affection means I don't love you as much as I do. God, you couldn't be more wrong about the last part Jase. You mean the world to me. You know that. As a low-level psionic, you should be aware of that. I'm scared now, more scared than when I lost my Mom, worse even than when Dad disowned me, when he caught us.

I may be in charge, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to be scared sometimes. And this is THE WORST situation we have had to deal with. We're down to the bare bones, and it is looking pretty damn grim now. All we have is each other and Rocko. He is falling apart, but he doesn't hide it the way we do. Lets just do what we can to get back and set things in order. Don't ever think I am falling out of love with you, you are my all `Jason', I would end the moment you stopped loving me, if it ever were to happen."

`Jason' is taken aback at his honesty. It's one of the rare times Will has ever opened up and told him how he felt. He knows how much he is loved, but it would be good to hear on occasion. `Jason' knows all too well that `Will' has to keep his emotions in check, so that he doesn't lose control of the powers that he discovered after his ill fated fight with their Tommy.

"Ok, can we just sit and talk then? At least until Rock gets here."

"Sure. Damn there are Billy and Aisha. Hmm, that's good. He finally said something to her, and she owned up to liking him. Should I tell him about his abilities?"

"If you'd like. He may laugh at you though. He is more scientifically grounded than you are. He more than likely will think you are off your rocker."
"He probably thinks that anyway. I saw the mental image he had when I said I paralyzed Tommy."

"Speaking of which, Tommy has been avoiding us since we showed up. He was really freaked out when we teleported in."

"Whatever, Tommy Oliver is the last person who would grace my thoughts in any dimension. He's a weakling; they just haven't seen it yet. He will have to deal with me anyway, if we are forced to work together on our problem. But no more talk of him, here comes a couple of friends." Will looks up to see Aisha and Billy approaching. He can tell from Aisha's body language alone that she doesn't like him, let alone wants to be near him.

"Hey, where is Rocko?" Billy asks, wondering why `Jason' is sitting so close to Will and seems to be sizing him up, or maybe he's just comparing us. Will answers him, picking up on the tension in his lover, not really liking it, but unable to do anything about it at the moment.

"He will be joining us shortly. How are you feeling Billy?"

"A little better thanks. What about you? You are really wound up. I can tell that from the way you're standing."

"I'm doing as well as can be expected considering the circumstances. Say can we chat, privately until the others arrive. I want to know what's going on around here." The way he says this can only be taken, as "I want to know what is going on with you."

"Sure, lets take a walk to the lake. We'll be back shortly." They head off towards the lake, leaving `Jase' and Aisha alone to talk or ignore each other. While Aisha and `Jason' sit in awkward silence for a while, Billy and William find a grassy spot near the beach to talk. This uneasy silence doesn't last too long once Aisha decides she has had enough and stalks off in search of Billy. She refuses to have this moment spoiled by a look-alike that seems to be psycho. Jason just sighs in exasperation and lies back in the grass. He knows that both Will and Billy need to talk. He seems to be a bit more understanding of his mate's needs.

Aisha comes back in a short while, having been chased off by Billy. "Let me have this time, please. I promise you a very, very special evening soon as we can. Just let me have this time for now." Aisha huffs, and kicks the dirt. "But I don't trust him. What if he tries to hurt you?"

"I think I can take care of him if need be. I'll be ok. I don't trust him either, but I don't think he would hurt me. Not yet at least, I'll be back soon. Try to talk to Jason. He may not be all that bad." With that he gives her a warm smile and then heads back toward where Will is waiting impatiently for him.

"She doesn't trust me does she?"

"No. I really don't either, but I have the feeling that you won't harm me, at least for now. Lets hope that my assumption isn't false. Now where were we?" He just stares at the ground waiting for Will to do or say something.

"What is going on with you Billy? I ran into your dad and he almost had a heart attack when he saw me. I told him off without knowing what the situation is; I should have kept my mouth shut. I probably just made it worse for you."

"We don't have enough time in the world for that Will. Long story short: Dad has been lying to me about several things. One, my look-alike cousin Alex is actually my twin. Two: dad has gotten remarried, and neglected to mention that minor little fact. Three, My half sister is now back in town, and she hates me more than I hate her. All of this was presented to Alex, Shanna, his new wife and me after dinner at the Marriott Hilton last Friday night. The worst part was, he honestly expected me to just fucking grin and bear it, since what's done is done, right?"

"I, um. Damn. That's about all I can say Billy. At least he hasn't disowned you." (Damn, I really didn't want that to slip out!) He looks down at the patch of grass at his feet, which had suddenly become fascinating. It's a good thing Billy can't pick up on Will's thoughts. He would die of embarrassment at the replay of him and Jason getting caught by his father.

"What are you talking about Will? What could you have done that he would disown you for?"

"I'd rather not talk about it Billy. I don't think you would want to know anyway." He is looking anywhere but at his alternate self, ready to run off and hide. He hates to let his guard down, and he really didn't mean for that to slip out. He can see all manner of bad scenes that Billy is running around in that agile mind in an effort to figure out what he had done to get disowned. He can't hold back a yelp of surprise when he hits on what happened, sort of in his mind.

"Billy! I did not do anything like that. Man even I have limits you know."

"I am so confused. You said that like you could tell what I was thinking. Oh God, you can tell what I'm thinking, can't you?"

"Yes. I am telepathic William. It took a traumatic event to trigger the ability I have. I can also use telekinesis, but that isn't as strong as my telepathy. You are too, but you're too stubborn to accept the fact that people can have such strong mental abilities."

Billy can't really speak; he is in shock at what Will had just said. There is no way he could be telepathic it just wasn't possible. Then, he hears his/Will's voice mentally. He looks at his double, to be certain that he isn't actually speaking to him. "I've finally gone mad. This is all some delusion I'm having. I must have done something drastic after dad dropped all those bombs on me last Friday."

Nope, you are not delusional. You are hearing me in your head. Did you think you could make up something this crazy William? Accept the gift that you have and learn to use it. The only problem I have is when my emotions get out of control I can't control my abilities.

"Fine, now get out of my head. I don't like it, it's really creepy to hear your own voice, and realize it's not you who's doing the thinking. Talk to me Will, how am I supposed to use these abilities? Do I need any more trauma in my life to unleash them?"

"I think what you have gone through recently would certainly qualify. If I weren't already certifiable, I'd say that would push me over the edge."

Will picks up on the mental picture Billy has in regard to his fight with Tommy. Will is slightly disturbed by the emotions he is getting from Billy in relation to his hatred of Tommy in his reality.

"Stop thinking like that; I just couldn't stand his condescending attitude any longer. That's why I snapped and broke his spine like a piece of kindling. My time as the evil Green Ranger taught me a few things."

"Fine, I just don't like the idea that you actually harmed Tommy and enjoyed it. Now it's your turn. How did you become the Green Ranger? I still want to know what caused you to get disowned too, I didn't forget about it."

"Damn. Well, in my reality Zordon didn't pick me as the Blue ranger. He picked Tommy instead, hoping to forestall some prophecy of an evil green ranger. However, he hadn't counted on me being so damn bitter and unhappy at home. I needed very little encouragement from Rita to get back at them. Especially Tommy that muscle head was the worst one. He all but shouted it from the rooftops that they were rangers. In addition, they started to cut me out of things. I was no longer welcome for certain activities.

Eventually, I hacked into the school's system and changed my classes. I didn't want to be anywhere near them. Jason was the one who broke the spell on me. He saved me from myself in every sense of the word. I owe him everything. I also killed Goldar, as he was about to run Jase through with his sword; I ran him through with the sword of Darkness. I passed out from shock afterward.

Breaking the spell was the beginning of the end for a while though. I needed a break from everyone. Little did I know the real reasons for my unhappiness were just the beginning of my problems? But that is not important now. What is important is that we figure out what the hell we are gonna do to survive."

"I know have you had any thoughts about it?"

"Not really. I can't seem to come up with anything feasible"

"Well, it occurred to me when Dulcea granted us the Ninjetti powers, she said all things are possible with the Great Power. She also told us that these powers are based upon our spirit animals.

So if they are linked in that way, we shouldn't theoretically be able to lose these powers. And if that is the case, then we should be able to retain them. As for the Zords, I'm not sure what could be done. I would have to consult Dulcea about it."

"I see. I hope that is the case. Well let's say we make plans for a trip to Phaedos?"

Billy grins, and hops up to Will's surprise. He is smiling in a mischievous way at William. "I'd say that a trip to Phaedos is just what the doctor ordered. And not just for you three either. Jason never quested for the great power."

William is looking thoughtful, wondering if that will screw things up. "Are you sure that both Jason's being there won't screw things up?"

Billy looks off in the direction where he sent Aisha packing.

"I don't know Will, but if Jase is game I think it will be ok. I might come along for the ride as well. I need a break shall we say" As he finishes, he merely smirks and waits for Will to follow him back to where the others are gathered.

"Billy, don't you think that Tommy will flip when you suggest going with us to Phaedos?"

"Yeah, and you should also have a guide. We sure could have used one when we were there. Getting chased by dinosaur bones that have come back to life was not my idea of fun. So, what did you do that go you disowned?"

"Blunt till the very end eh? Well, if I tell you. You might freak out."
"Why do you think I would freak? Did you kill someone or commit some crime? Dad is so laid back, I can't imagine what could get him so pissed off to go to that extent."

"He caught Jason and I in bed together, and he threw me out and sent me the papers to disown me a week later. There, you happy that you know?"

Billy has stopped walking and is staring at Will's back, simply dumbfounded at what he's just been told. "You're joking. Jase and I are only friends."

"Correction, in this reality that's all you and Jason are to each other. However, in MY reality he is my boyfriend. I've gained and lost a lot to say that with pride and you will not make me feel ashamed of it. I can't help it if this reality still has a way to go before civil rights include everyone. Now let's go, the others are waiting."

"I don't want you to be ashamed Will. I'm just shocked that's all. C'mon we have a trip to plan. Forgive my bluntness."

"Done, you should really learn to open up to the others like you have with me."

"Nope, the easiest person I can open up to is me and since that is you, sort-of I can be a little more open than with the others."

The conversation is cut short as Aisha comes bounding up to Billy and glares at Will. "Well, have you two come up with a plan yet?" Billy looks at her with affection and puts a hand on her shoulder before answering.

"Yes, but it will require a trip to see a certain Master Warrior. Let's get the others at the command center and then we'll fill you in. Zordon, can you ask the others to teleport to the command center? We have a possible solution to part of the problem."

"CERTAINLY BILLY, I LOOK FORWARD HEARING THE PLAN YOU AND WILLIAM HAVE COME UP WITH."

"Sure Zordon, we'll be there in moment."

They all teleport in with Tommy and Jason hanging together in the back. Tommy is hostile towards the three Rangers, especially William. "So what great scheme did you two come up with?" Tommy says this with a sneer in his voice; Jase only rolls his eyes at how quickly this has gotten out of control in about .5 seconds.

"Tommy, at least hear them out before you start baring your fangs at anyone." Jase is trying to diffuse the situation, hoping it doesn't start an all-out battle royale between Tommy and the other William.

"Tommy, we have come up with the idea of them going to Phaedos, with a couple of additional members to the party for good measure."

"No, we will NOT send any of our rangers with them! We probably can't trust them as far as we can throw them. Next idea, smart ass?"

Billy is getting really annoyed at this, and Will is ready to roundhouse Tommy into the console he is standing in front of. "Look Oliver, this is the plan, hear him out at least before you go into selfish leader mode and veto it out of hand." William is right behind Billy, ready to start a fight at the drop of a hat.

"Will control yourself. The rest of the plan is Jason can go with you guys, since he never quested for the Great Power, and I will go as a chaperone if Zordon will allow it. Now if that isn't good enough Tommy, I'm sorry. It's all we could come up with, and it is really the only solution for us and them unless you can come up with a better plan, Thomas."

After he is done, Billy crosses his arms and leans against the wall, daring Tommy to oppose his idea, and also to see him squirm a little bit. The attack on Will was unwarranted and he's not too happy about being called a smart-ass either. "Zordon, despite Tommy's protests, that is the only course of action we could come up with, short of sending them home empty handed."

"I SEE BILLY. VERY WELL, GIVE ME SOME TIME TO THINK ABOUT THIS IDEA. IT WILL BE RISKY AND LEAVE US A RANGER SHORT FOR AN UNKOWN AMOUNT OF TIME. PLEASE RETURN HERE IN A HALF-HOURS' TIME, I WILL HAVE AN ANSWER FOR YOU THEN."

"Thanks Zordon." Billy turns his gaze on Tommy who is scowling at William. William is on his way over to Tommy. He notes with some amusement that both Jason's intercept Will and Tommy from clashing. He is not too amused however at Tommy's open hostility to both Will and himself.

"Tommy, can we talk alone please?" Billy is behind William, grabbing his arm and pulling him off to the side. "Look Will, I will not tolerate a brawl between you and anyone here, do you understand me? I don't care how much you hate the Tommy of your world; this one is our friend and leader. No fighting amongst Rangers, part of the code."

Will is not really listening, he is only glaring at Tommy wanting only to get a little closer so he can wrap his hands around that ponytail and break his neck. "Fine. Just keep him away from me, otherwise I will not be responsible for my actions should he continue to piss me off. I am their leader and if I determine he is a threat, I will eliminate him."

Tommy just snickers at this, forgetting for a moment that this guy isn't the Billy he knows. Billy is really ticked off however at Tommy's arrogance and bad attitude. He snarls at Tommy in a very uncharacteristic way; "Thomas Oliver shut up now before I get really pissed off. We are going to talk now, alone or he can have you all to himself." He just walks over and grabs Tommy's arm, teleporting them to his room at house. "Now do you mind explaining your sudden change of attitude? Did I do something to piss you off?"

Tommy looks at him, wondering if he should just say what is on his mind. About how this other Billy became the Green Ranger and apparently is a little bit psycho to boot. "Look, he is nuts, I don't trust him at all. He is just dying to fight me, and I want him to try. He said he paralyzed me!"

Billy just grunts in exasperation at the way things are going. "Look, he did that to the Tommy in HIS reality, not you. Why are you taking it so personally? I just want to help them, so they can go home. Why are you being such a jackass? You're being mean to me, and I haven't done anything to you that I know of. What is it?

"I told you, this just doesn't seem right. I don't want you or Jason going anywhere with them, out of concern as your team leader. That's all."

"Right Tommy. I'm not all that dense you know. If Zordon ok's the plan I am going, that's final. Be mad at me, hate me for all I care; but I will not refuse to help another Ranger that is in need of help. Put your personal feelings aside and look at what could happen if they fail! Could you live with your self if you knew that not helping them could mean their deaths, or their reality could be destroyed? I'm surprised at you Thomas, and wounded that you would treat ANY other Ranger so poorly out of spite for the actions in another timeline."

As he finishes and leans against the desk, their communicators go off in unison. "Yes Zordon, Tommy here, what's going on?"

"TOMMY I HAVE MADE MY DECISION, PLEASE RETURN TO THE COMMAND CENTER."

"As you wish Zordon." As he finishes he looks at Billy and promises to finish later. "Billy, we can finish this discussion later, now we have something more important than this to deal with."

"Very well, my leader." Billy says this with a venomous tone to his voice and teleports off without another word. When Tommy arrives a moment later, he notices that Billy is with the other Rangers, glaring at him.

"RANGERS, I HAVE MADE A DECISION. ALTHOUGH I AM INCLINED TO AGREE WITH TOMMY ABOUT THE DANGER OF THIS PLAN, I CANNOT REFUSE TO HELP ANY WARRIOR OF LIGHT WHO ASKS FOR ASSISTANCE.

JASON, YOU ARE FREE TO ACCOMPANY THEM TO PHAEDOS IF YOU WISH TO QUEST FOR THE GREAT POWER. BILLY, I AM ENTRUSTING YOU TO WATCH OVER EVERYONE, TO INSURE THAT NO CONFLICT ARISES WHILE YOU ALL ARE GONE."

"As you command Zordon, I will make sure that we all return safely home. Jase, are you ok with this?"

Jason looks at Billy and at William before answering, although he can't quite figure what is going on with everyone now, he agrees. "I'm fine with it Billy, but be aware that if I think anything odd is going on, or if circumstances demand it, I will take command back. Are you ok with that possibility?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"Not really. I just want to go into this with no false assumptions. When do we leave?"

"We should make arrangements for myself and you to be gone awhile. My present situation doesn't allow much room for covering my tracks. As it is, dad is probably at the resort waiting for me."

"How about the old stand by of a camping trip?" Adam suggests. He is not at all thrilled with Billy's suggestion of going with them, but he knows that once Billy has made up his mind to do something, it's practically impossible to change it.

"It might work. Well let's meet here at 9:00 am tomorrow. If we are ready to go, then we go. If the old stand by excuse doesn't work, then we will have to think of a plan B. does everyone agree?"

All parties involved nod their agreement, with Billy having turned his back to the others to check some calculations. The other `Jase' knows that signals he is done with them and takes the hint for them to make themselves scarce.

"Um, Billy we're leaving now. You know where to find us if you need us. See you in the morning." `Jason' says this and then goes to stand by Rocky and William. William doesn't speak; he just sends Billy a telepathic message. Come talk to me if you need to. I promise I will try to behave, but I make no promises.

Stop that, it gives me the creeps William. We will have plenty of time to talk on Phaedos. Now go get some rest, believe me you will need it. With that, Billy teleports out to his uncles resort, and as he expected his father is waiting for him.

He is decidedly unhappy about having to confront his father, especially since he knows it will probably end in a nasty argument. `Might as well get this over with now.' "Hello father, what brings you here?"

Lance almost falls off of his chair when he sees Billy. This is not the same person he saw earlier. But he should know his own son. `This can't be right. I know I saw him earlier, but there is no way he could be hiding that tattoo or have such a different haircut in a few hours. "Um William, were you in school all day today?"

"Yes father, I was. You should know that I don't cut class. Why do you ask this of all things, considering the current situation?"

"No reason, I just happened to run into a boy who looked like he could be your..." Lance starts, but he is cut of by Billy who really does not want to deal with the situation or his father...

"Twin? I thought we did that already, no wait I was the one who didn't know about Alex being my brother and not my cousin. How silly of me to have forgotten. Now what is it father, I am not in the mood for anymore family secrets to be dropped on me. I was dead serious when I said I needed a break for a while. Did you honestly expect me to not be angry or hurt at what you did to me? Did you really think I would just play the good little son and grin and bear it this time? I really can't express what I feel right now. Better yet, let me tell you what I am not feeling. I do not feel the love or trust that I had for you as my father, I do not feel the camaraderie of family that I should when I look at Alexander. What I really would love to do is slap you, scream at you, jump up and down in rage at how I have been getting played for a fool by my own father and family for my whole life!"

When he finishes, he is near tears of anger, and humiliation. He stares his father down, waiting for something more from Lance, some comment, some opening that will allow him to tear into him without remorse. He just wants to make Lance hurt the way he is now. "Well, what now father, anything else you're hiding from me?"

"No, nothing else William. I just want you to come home. Please let's just talk about this at home, in private. I'm sure you're aunt and uncle doesn't want to get dragged into this. This is between us."

Billy rolls his eyes at his father, snorting in disgust before he answers..."No, this is a family matter. They are family, in fact they are the only family members I want to set eyes on for a really long time Lance. The guys are planning a road trip this weekend. I plan to go, maybe if I am calmed down enough when I return, we can try to talk."

Lance is angry, while he can't make Billy come home, he knows that forcing his stubborn offspring will make the situation ten times worse. "Fine, you win this round William. Have fun on the trip, be careful and remember that I am sorry for what has happened. I'll see you when you get back?"

"Maybe. I don't want this to be a battle father, but think about what you did, and how you would feel in my place. I'll call you when we get back. Since it's a long weekend off from school we should get back at some time Monday." Billy goes to the kitchen table, making a point of ignoring his father just to annoy Lance.

"Ok. I'll be at home if you need anything." With that Lance goes to his brothers' office and shuts the door. Erinn goes over to Billy and hands him a cup of tea, not saying a word. A short time later Lance leaves, and David hands Billy an envelope with his name on it.

"Your father asked that you read this sometime over the weekend, there is also some cash just in case you were running low. William, I know it's going to be hard to get past this, but you need your father and he is unbelievably sorry for what he has done. Give him a chance to talk to you, then rant and rave all you need to. This will work out in the end. I know it."

David then leaves Billy in the den of the cabin he's staying at to mull over his options. Billy tosses the envelope on the nightstand and heads to the bathroom for a shower. Fortunately, Jason's parents buy the road trip excuse, allowing the first phase of their plan to get off the ground.
Sign up to rate and review this story