Categories > TV > Power Rangers > Bleu Soliloqui

Phaedos Bound

by cypheroftyr 0 reviews

Further into the truth for Billy and their alternate reality counterparts

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Jason, Other - Published: 2006-01-02 - Updated: 2006-01-02 - 11961 words

0Unrated
Everyone meets at the Command center the next morning, 9 am sharp. William, Jase and Rocko have been there since 8, conferring with Billy and Zordon on last minute details. Once everyone is there. Billy turns to face the group and fills them in on the plan.

"Ok, as most of you know Phaedos is a dangerous place, most dangerous of all being Dulcea, Master Warrior and Guardian of the planet Phaedos. Jason, `Jason', William and `Rocky' will quest for the Great Power. I will consult with Dulcea to see what we can do in the case of their Zords. I also realize that having a Ranger gone for some time will be a detriment to the team.

Also, in case Zedd attacks while we are gone, I have installed a recall function on my communicator and morpher. This is to be used only in an extreme emergency. Should you find yourselves in a situation that demands my presence, feel free to use the recall function. Tommy I know that you are not happy with this, but I stand by my decision. Should anything happen to me, I take all responsibility for being bull headed. Now with all of that said, we should go. Any final remarks?"

No one says anything, except Adam just goes up to Billy and hugs him. Billy just arches an eyebrow, wondering what that was about. "I'll explain when you get back Billy. Safe journey to you."

Billy says nothing, only clasping Adam's arm in the classic warrior fashion, smiling at him. "I'll be back for that explanation soon Park, take care of them will you?"

"Will do." Adam answers, finding himself worried more than usual about his friend...wondering if he would be as concerned if Billy knew the real reason behind Adam's distress.

"RANGERS, ARE YOU READY TO DEPART?"

`Jason' steps up ready to begin the quest. "Yes Zordon, we are ready to depart."

"GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU, AND MAY THE POWER PROTECT YOU."

They all teleport out in various beams of light to Phaedos. Tommy says nothing, merely teleporting back home. He is not in the mood to deal with the implications of what could happen on Phaedos or with the sudden change in Billy's attitude.

The others arrive at Phaedos with no problems; they are all awed at its majestic beauty, even Billy who had been there scant months before. Rocky is kneeling by the skeleton that the others found up their arrival last time. "Hey Billy, any idea what happened to this guy?"

"No, it's probably the same one we saw our first time here." We should get going, Dulcea will probably sense us anyway and meet us en route."

"Why don't you morph? Wouldn't it be easier to meet her in your Ninjetti uniform?" Jason asks, still in awe of the greenery they are in the midst of.

Billy negates the suggestion with a shake of his head, looking back briefly to answer 'Jason'. "I don't know if that is such a wise idea, considering that she might think Will is an imposter. It's not like we phoned ahead and said we and our alternate reality selves were dropping in for a visit."

'Jason' nods, agreeing with his lover's mirror image. "I see your point Billy. What is Dulcea like?"

"Dulcea is a deadly warrior, and very straightforward. She had Tommy flat on his back in about 30 seconds. I'd watch out for her staff by the way." Billy tilts his head to the east slightly, sensing Dulcea's presence near to their location. "She is heading towards us by the way."

"How can you tell that?" 'Rocky' isn't too sure about the whole mystic Ninjetti thing, and the fact that Billy is able to `sense' Dulcea doesn't sit too well with him. He is uneasy enough with Will being telepathic and telekinetic.

Billy answers him, being slightly annoyed at this version of his fun loving teammate's skepticism. "I think being back here is strengthening my Ninjetti abilities. She is Ninjetti as well, I can just sense her presence." As if on cue, she drops down behind Billy but points her staff straight at the two Jason's, Rocky and William.

"Greetings William. What brings you back to Phaedos, and who are these humans who look alike?" When she notices Will, she does a double take, wondering what exactly is going on with her Wolf. "I did not know you had a sibling William."

Sighing in exasperation, Billy answers Dulcea, wishing that he didn't know the truth about his family secrets. "Neither did I until recently Dulcea, however he is not my brother. William, Rocky and Jason are rangers from another timeline.

Their world is under the siege of the Machine Empire. Questing for the Great Power is their only hope for saving their world. This Jason Scott (points to the left of himself) is our original leader.

He is currently on break from the peace conference he is participating in, in Switzerland. He has joined the party to quest as well. We ask your leave to do so. I would like to take counsel with you to work out a problem I am having in regard to the Zords that they would use after the quest. Will you allow them to quest Master Warrior Dulcea?"

Billy is down on one knee while addressing her, mindful of the fact that she could whomp him in no time flat. Also he is deferring to her position as sole guardian of the planet. She considers them for a moment and comes up to Will, peering at him closely. He steps back a bit, not liking her scrutiny.

"William, they will be allowed to quest. However this William has some darkness within him. His quest will be a little more difficult than the others. I know not what tests you shall face on the way to the Monolith, but be aware that they are designed to ensure that anyone who holds the great Power is indeed worthy of the honor. Come, we must discover your spirit animals."

She heads off towards the Ninjetti Temple, with everyone in tow. William is quiet, processing what Dulcea said about him. `What darkness is she taking about. I was healed when Jason broke Rita's spell on me. I have been good for the most part, except for that whole Tommy thing.' His thoughts are interrupted when Billy stops him.

"We're here. Stand around the fire and do exactly as Dulcea tells you." He leaves them and morphs into his Ninjetti uniform, and stands with Dulcea. He is anxious to see what Williams's spirit animal is. `I wonder if he will be a wolf as well?' Dulcea proclaiming their animal guides breaks him from his reverie. She has started with his Jason, who seems a bit discomfited by the whole thing.

"All of you open your eyes and see what animal spirit has accepted you. "Jason, the Lion is your guardian spirit. Fierce and Loyal, you are the majestic Lion", and he is garbed in a tawny-golden hued Ninjetti uniform. Next up is Rocky. He is uncomfortable as well when Dulcea tells him "That the noble Eagle is your guide. Sharp eyed and swift as the wind, you are the Snowy Eagle." He is now in a Ninjetti uniform of the purist white, with golden markings.

Next is the other Jason; who is proclaimed "fleet of foot and full of spirit, with the Cheetah as your guide." He finds himself in an ebony uniform, with grayish markings, to blend in with the jungle that a cheetah would be at home in. Finally, the other William is facing Dulcea. He seems torn as to how he should interpret his animal guide.

"What's the matter William? You seem perplexed."

"It's alright Dulcea, I just don't know what to make of my animal spirit."

"William, full of stealth, cunning and intellect, you are the Panther deadly and silent." As she finishes, William finds that he is garbed in the darkest black with deep green highlights on the cuffs and shoulders. He removes the facemask, and smiles at the others. For some reason, the animal that chose him pleases him the more he thinks about it. Both Jason's ask Dulcea what should they do now.

"You will rest, and when morning comes, you four shall head towards the Monolith. William will meet you there once you have completed your quest. There is food and drink in the temple when you are ready to replenish your selves. William when the others have departed, we may discuss your problem. Sleep well, you will need it for the quest."

With that, Dulcea changes into a snowy Owl and flies off for the night, leaving the boys in awkward silence. Billy sits near the fire and closes his eyes. The long teleport and the hard climb to the temple are taking its toll in him. William comes over and sits next to him, they don't say much; just watch Jason, Rocky and Jason spar.

"Are you surprised that my spirit guide isn't a Wolf as well?"

"Yes, I suppose. I guess I expected it to be different; then again I'm not 100 percent sure about this whole mystic Ninjetti thing either. I am a man of science, not myth William."

"I know. Say would you like to spar? I need a workout and Jase has his hands full at the moment."

Billy looks at him warily, not sure if he should take William up on his offer. "Sure, why not. Just remember that you will need to rest for tomorrow. The quest is demanding on the body and your senses, I would not take this lightly."

"I know, I could tell that when you deferred to her. What style of martial arts do you know?"

"Karate, Jason and Rocky have been my sensei. Adam has started to teach me Kung Fu, but I'm not very good at it yet. What about you?"

"Karate and Shaolin style Kung fu. Adam is also my sifu, and Jase is my sensei naturally. Since Karate is more familiar to you, let's use that style for sparring, OK?"

"Fine with me."

Billy gets into the beginning stance and waits for his opponent to bow to him as well. Once they begin, it's obvious that William is the more dedicated Karate student of the two young men. However, in Billy there is a tenacity and blockheaded refusal to give up the match. William gives him a little nod of respect for his tenacity and sense of honor. He also realizes that Billy is trying a tactic that he would use when he was an intermediate student. Billy is going in for small feints here and there in an attempt to throw William off-guard and to get in a few hits when he isn't looking for them.

Rocky and both Jason's are watching them spar, and the Jason from Billy's reality is getting a little concerned with how the match is going. Billy is obviously outmatched, but he is refusing to surrender. "Billy, call time... this has gone on long enough."

"No, I refuse to give in. I want him to beat me fair and square. I am a little better than this, he is just getting in some good shots."

"Good shots Billy? I think you are just bull headed. Let's stop this now, before we are both too tired to get anything done tomorrow."

"No William, I will continue, I never give up even if it means I will lose. Either you call a draw or we finish this with a decision."

"Fine, I call a draw match, I need my strength and you are just being impossible Billy. Stop it now. Let's all of us get some sleep and we can talk more later."

He stops the match and walks over to his Jason and pulls him off to a little secluded alcove he spotted earlier for a private place to sleep. He is bothered by Billy's insistence at continuing the match even as he was so obviously out matched. He just snuggles a little closer to Jason and sighs. Jason wraps himself around William and kisses him on his forehead and tightens his grip on his lover.

"What's the matter hon? You said so much with that little sigh just now. You seem as if the world is resting on your shoulders..."

"I feel as if the world is resting on my shoulders. We are about to embark on a dangerous journey; we have no idea if we can even get home. Hell for all we know our world could be dust by now. I'm just nervous. The fact that Billy wouldn't give up the match is bothering me a little. He is a stubborn little cuss."

"Gee like someone else I know. Relax he probably has a very good reason for his behavior. If you two are anything alike, then he is taxing himself to the limit trying to come with a solution. It's probably tearing him up that he can't just make it ok with the flip of a switch."

Billy just rubs his hands over Jason's arms and puts his chin on his knees. He wants their problem to be solved, and to not be in this reality... All he wants is to be in the apartment they shared, getting ready for bed and some fun once they have turned out the lights. He is broken out of the daydream by Jason kissing the back of his neck, and whispering in his ear. "William, let me make love to you now, just in case it turns out to be the last time we have together."

"Please don't say that Jase... I can't stand the idea of there being a last time for us. Lets go a little deeper into the jungle, I don't want them to hear me..." He rises and holds out his hand for Jason to grasp and follow his lover deeper into the lush jungle of Phaedos. They go for about 15 minutes into the foliage and then clear out an area to lay down in, William pulls Jason to him for a kiss that would level a small city with it's heat and intensity. Jason is thrilled at his lover's enthusiastic response to his request. Soon even that thought leaves his mind as he feels his Ninjetti uniform being removed from his body.

" God you are magnificent... every time we make love I thank whatever deity allowed you to be my love. What do you want Jase? I want to give you all the pleasure I can, and then some." William's voice is husky, filled with lust and desire for his boyfriend. His eyes have darkened to a deep emerald green in his passion, Jason notices the change in his lover and takes pride in the fact that he can cause such a difference in William. "I want you to take me in your mouth and worship me, to bring me off like you do so very well William... do me please..."

He can no longer talk as he feels William take him all in one gulp, and then starts to piston his head up and down in a hard way that has Jason so close to le petit mal or little death as the French have been known to call an orgasm. "Damn, stop mmmmm, Will I can't stand it anymore, please make me come with that talented mouth of yours..."

Jason only knows a moment of blinding heat and passion as he shoots off in Will's eager mouth. Once he is spent, Jason pulls out and brings Will down to him on the ground. He merely holds Will and nuzzles his neck for a little while. Will allows himself to be held by the one he loves, and revels in the feel of Jason's sweaty body under his, he thinks distractedly that Jase's smooth, hard body feels like silk over steel. He squirms a little bit to let Jase know of his need for release. He would love to get fucked senseless on the jungle floor, but he is willing to take whatever pleasure Jason is willing to give him at the moment.

"William, what would you like from me?" Jase asks this, knowing full well William would love nothing more than to be tossed down on the jungle floor and ravaged until he is screaming Jason's name over and over. He looks deep into Will's eyes and seeing the lust in them decides to give him what he wants. He pulls Will off of him and turns him on his back on the ground. He decides to take his time, kissing and licking Will all over his body.

William is making small supplicating noises, urging his lover on to what he is craving. Jason is going to give him what he wants, just at his own pace. When he thinks that Will can't take any more, Jase takes him into his mouth, sucking slowly to torture his lover. Will tries to grab Jase's head and make him go faster, slower do anything to end the sweet state of agony he is in now. "Jason, baby please take me... I can't take it when you do that to me."

Jason merely snickers and stops teasing Will and turns him over on all fours, "You do realize we don't have any lubrication... this could hurt you Will."

"I'll get you as ready as I can. I asked for this so if it hurts a little bit, I'll survive." He says nothing further as he takes Jason into his mouth again; getting his cock as wet as possible before he turns around and waits for Jason to take him. Jason takes it slow as he can, while being as gentle as possible as to not hurt Will. He finds it almost impossible to be gentle once he is inside Will and the tight grip of his ass on his cock is maddening.

"J...Jason don't worry about being careful just take me over the edge" That is about all Will can manage coherently as he pushes against Jason who is holding still in an effort to control himself. He leers at Will before deciding to ram him senseless. "The gentleman shall get what the gentleman desires." He starts pummeling Will full force, being rewarded with his name being screamed over and over until he comes hard in his lover, with Will following suit in a few moments. They disentangle themselves gently and sit on the ground panting and trying to breathe normally. "How about we find that river we saw earlier and get cleaned up?"

Will is just lying on the ground silent and thoughtful. He is glad that they had such a great session of fucking but he is a little sore, and worried that the others may have heard him. "Yeah, a swim would be good now, I just need another moment to gather myself." Jason says nothing else; he just picks up Will and carries him to the river. They hop in and swim for a while until Will realizes that they are being watched.

"I was wondering when you would show up." He has looked up to see Billy standing there with a confused look on his face, like he wants to join in the swim, but he is uncertain about stripping and hopping into the river. Will grins and decides to have a little fun with his alternate self. He grabs Billy's ankle and starts to pull him towards the water... "Hey cut that out!"

"Only if you come in willingly Billy, otherwise you're getting dunked Ninjetti suit and all. You're choice to be yanked in or not." Will just keeps tugging on Billy with a silly grin on his face... "Ok, ok let me go. You win." Billy demorphs and then strips out of his civilian clothes, and jumps in. He swims slowly around Jason and William feeling like a piece of meat as they check him out. He goes up to Jason and looks him over just as frankly as he is being appraised by the alternate version of his best friend.

"So how do we compare? You are staring at me like I'm a piece of meat on the block. Sorry that I'm not pierced and tattooed, it's not my style."

Jason is a little embarrassed to be called on his frank comparison of his William and Billy. "Well, you two are built about the same. William is a little stockier than you. I'd say you work out strictly for health reasons, not for building mass. You have a gymnast's build...but Will has a football players build. He's thick in all the right places. What about me? You were comparing me to your Jason earlier."

"There isn't that much of a difference, other than the hair and tattoo you have. It seems as if Jase would be similar in any reality." As they have been talking, Will has been getting closer to his Jason and is now beside him gripping his hand under the water. He has been staring at Billy, wondering if there was any chance for him and his Jason to ever become lovers. Billy somehow picks up on that thought, and stares at him for a moment before speaking.

"As much as you may want that to happen, my Jason has no interest in me or any other male of the species. I am going to get going... the others must be wondering where I am. Have fun, but once the suns are up rejoin us at the temple." With that he leaves them, and heads back to where Rocky and Jason have been talking for a while. He comes in on the tail end of the story of how Rocky became one of them.

"...I was approached by Jason and William. They asked me to come with them, since they had something really serious and important to talk about. I was taken to the Command Center, where Zordon asked me to take my place on the team. I found out later that it was because William had paralyzed Tommy."

"Did you feel any differently about him after that?" Jason is appalled that any version of his best friend could harm anyone to that extent and have no remorse about it. He looks up as Billy just sinks to the ground next to him and listens to Rocky as well. Rocky just nods to him and continues his tale.

"At first, I hated him. I mean I didn't even know Tommy, but I thought that he could at least show some remorse about it. But after, I got to know Tommy, I understood why anyone could hate him. He became really bitter after he was hurt. Eventually the only people who could stand to be near him were Kim, Kat and Adam. Kim vowed to never to speak to Will again, and she hasn't either. Kat and Adam just take his orders but they can't stand William."

"How did the team survive after all that happened?"

"Well, Kim left and Kat took her place. Zack and Trini graduated early and were accepted at Harvard, so Aisha and Adam took their places. Jason was there from the beginning, he just deferred leadership to William when he joined us as the Green Ranger. Oh he must not have told you Jason, how he became the Green Ranger?"

"No, do I really want to know?" He glances at Billy who is sitting silently staring at the fire in front of him, wanting to hear the tale but he is afraid that it might disturb Billy to hear of his counterparts' time as an evil Ranger. Billy barely whispers in response: "Jase it's ok, I can hear it again."

"Well, how did it happen?"

Rocky looks at both Jase and Billy, realizing how dissimilar they are to his friends. "Ok, from what I know... Zordon initially picked Tommy as a ranger to offset the legacy of an evil Green Ranger showing up. What no one figured on happening is that Rita would pick Bi... I mean William as her evil Green Ranger. He was unhappy and bitter to say the least. When the others became rangers, they started cutting him out of things in an effort to protect him. It seems that Tommy only was being an asshole, being the leader was going to his head.

William always was kind of hard to like, since he closes himself off from others so easily. We did notice though that he started to wear a lot of green and that he seemed even more, mean-spirited I guess. Then the evil Green Ranger started making our lives hell. We put two and two together and had him pegged for being our enemy. Alpha confirmed it with a scan, so Tommy went after him with a vengeance.

That was the worst way to deal with William. He doesn't take well to being told what to do in case you hadn't noticed." Billy just snorts rudely at that. He knows that fault can be applied to him as well, especially recently. "I'm sorry, please continue."

"Well, to make a long story short, that caused a huge rift between Jason and Tommy. Jason was still in charge, and Tommy had also broken our code of honor by escalating the fight. Jase decided to take the humanitarian approach and work on his friend by talking to him alone. I think it worked, since he was freed from the spell soon after... Rita wasn't too happy he broke the spell on William, and ordered Goldar to smoke him. Well, Will wasn't about to let it happen, he killed Goldar with the Sword of Darkness, in doing so William saved Jason from being shredded by Goldar; and the act of saving another broke the evil spell binding him to Rita. He joined us a few days later."

"Man, that's intense. I would never peg Tommy or Billy for that kind of extreme behavior. No offense meant Billy."

"None taken." He hasn't really moved or taken his gaze off of the fire in front of him. Billy closes his eyes and puts his head down. For some reason, he feels like crying then and there... Jason notices and puts a hand on his shoulder to calm him. "Thanks Jase, maybe if I tell you what's wrong I can at least pretend I feel a little better." As he says this, he hears 'Jason' and William coming up the trail. "Well, since the gangs all here, I guess I can begin."

"Begin what?" 'Jason' asks and gets a quick elbow to the side from William. "Oh, I see. Go ahead."

Billy waits for a while before speaking; mostly to compose him self and to be able to speak without breaking down. "Well, last Friday my father took me out for what I thought was going to be a weekend spent together; kind of a father-son bonding thing. What I got however, was the worst shock of my life. He told me that my cousin Alexander was not my cousin, but really my twin. Secondly, he um... remarried a woman he didn't even tell me he was dating. He just casually mentioned that she and her kid would be moving in as well as Alexander. And for fun, my half-sister is moving back to Angel Grove. I hate her almost as much as she hates me. All of this was presented to me, Alex; Shanna and my half-sister at the Marriott Hilton last Friday. I have never felt so betrayed and angry in my life. To find out that your family is keeping secrets from you for your whole life, and that I was apparently too dense to figure it out hurts too."

No one can really speak for a moment. William can feel the anguish, and anger that Billy is projecting. He also realizes that Billy is about to bolt off from them, in need of releasing the pent up emotions he's been holding in for the last few days. He just grabs him and looks him in the eye, daring Billy to break the hold he has on him.

"William let me go, I need to be alone right now."

"No you don't Billy, that's the last thing you need now. Let us help you. I know how much you're hurting right now. Talk to Jason, let him help you. I know you don't trust me enough to talk, but he has been your friend for years."

Billy is still struggling in William's grip, and Jason comes behind them and takes over holding him. Jason hugs him and starts to stroke his hair, much in the way a mother would calm their child. He can feel Billy shaking a little and decides it may be best to take him a little ways off to let Billy vent. When he starts to head away from the campfire, Billy doesn't resist he just follows Jason mutely. Once they are away from the camp, Jase pulls them down to the ground and holds Billy in a mirror image of the embrace that their alternates shared not too long ago.

"Billy, let it out, if you want to cry go ahead. I won't think any less of you if you do." Billy only sinks his head into Jason's shoulder and finally breaks down. Jason holds him, rocking him as Billy cries out his anger into his shirt.

"Why Jase, why... h... how could he hurt me, us like that? My own father, all that I have... he has been lying to us all our lives. He let Alex think that Janice was his mother all this time, when our mother died in that robbery. He let him attend his own mother's funeral and didn't say a fucking word!! He let us think we were cousins, COUSINS Jase... how can I ever trust him again? Tell me that huh? How can I trust him after this?"

"I don't know Billy, I don't know if I could in your position. The only person who has the answer to why it was hidden from you and Alex is back home. You will have to ask your father that if you want to know the truth. It could be worse than what you think, or there could be a logical explanation for it. I hope you know we are your friends and we care for you. If you need to vent or hit something, I'm always a phone call away."

Jason holds Billy quietly letting him just cry on his shoulder. After a while, when Jason doesn't hear anything from the boy in his arms he realizes that Billy has cried himself to sleep. He picks him and takes him to the camp. Once he has lain Billy down for the night, he motions the others over so that they can talk without waking Billy.

`Jason', William and `Rocky' are a little worried about their leader's doppelganger, but Jason eases their fears about his mental state. "I wouldn't worry too much. He is going to get up and pretend that what you heard and saw didn't just happen. He's notorious for that."

William is silent, sitting next to his Jason, trying to get a feel for how deeply Jason Scott of the reality they were trapped in felt for Billy. He can't quite read Jason, so he gives up for now. William opens his eyes to see Jason's brown ones gazing into his. "What's the matter? I only closed my eyes for a moment."

"You, I don't know... it reminded me of Billy when you looked at me just now. I want to hate you but I can't, damn you. So, care to tell me what set you off when you broke Tommy's back?"

"Uh, um... well... He kind of called me out in front of everyone. I was trying so hard to be good and to fit in with the others. He was pissed off that I was made co-leader with you... I mean my Jason. He challenged me to a fight in the clearing by the Command Center. It was ugly... to say the least. I... couldn't control myself Jason, I was so sick of being his whipping boy. He picked on me a lot when we were kids. I...I don't want to talk about this anymore." He stops talking and stares at Jason with a gleam in his eyes like unshed tears. His `Jason' holds him, telling him that it's ok, to not get upset over the past.

"I'm sorry William, I didn't mean to upset you. How about we all turn in? I think we all have had enough drama for one night." Everyone nods in unspoken agreement and finds a place to crash for the night. William and Jason sleep entwined in each other's arms, much to Jase's chagrin when he goes to wake them in the morning. "Uh, guys its time to get up."

"Oh morning. Sleep well?"

"Um, uh... yeah... lets see where Billy has gotten off to. He wasn't where I left him last night." Jason leaves them, confused at what he has seen, trying to convince himself that they are from another time and place. It's only natural that in some reality that he and one of the other male Rangers could be together. He comes across Billy who is sitting in front of a pillar that has a Wolf carved into the front, with a scene of a pack of wolves hunting chiseled into the back.

"Morning, how are you feeling?"

"Fine. Are you guys ready to go?" Billy says this in a flat tone, and Jason is unable to discern what kind of mood his friend is in. Billy gets up, morphs and leaves Jason standing there, unsure of whether to tell Billy of how he found their alternates entwined this morning. Billy's rapid departure doesn't give him the chance to say anything. He goes back to find Dulcea waiting for the four of them to take their positions before instructing them on how to get to the Monolith.

All of them notice that Billy is even more reserved than normal and is focusing on William with an eerie intensity that is bothering the normally confident Ranger. `I wonder what that look is for? Oh well, I am sure I will find out later.' He tunes in as Dulcea is explaining the challenges that lay ahead for them.

"You will face a challenge unique to your personalities and spirit animal. You may wind up divided at times, or facing the same challenge as a team. Some of you may face a challenge that you think is impossible to overcome. If you believe this, you may as well go back to earth now and give up. You must remember that with the Great Power, anything is possible.

The Monolith lies to the east, you will find by the trail in the forest. Once at the Monolith one of you will face a final challenge before you are allowed to attain the Great Power. I will tell you this, for some of you your challenge will be unexpected and harder to accomplish than you might think.

You may go now. Billy will join you at the Monolith after you have completed the quest."

They turn and head down the path towards their destiny. Billy watches them with a scowl on his face, thinking it unfair that William must have such a difficult challenge. Dulcea comes up next to him and notices the expression on his face. "William what bothers you so?"

"I don't think it's particularly fair that I get to be Will's final challenge at the Monolith."

"What better challenge than to fight yourself? `Tis a warrior's greatest test besides he has some darkness within him. It shall be a test for your self as well William. Should you pass it, greater Ninjetti skills shall be yours for the taking."

"Yeah but at what price? I know it is a matter of destiny Dulcea, I must not argue against what Fate has in store for neither him nor me. For now, what can we do about the Zords they would use? I am unsure of what to do for that problem."

"You say that Phaedos has been destroyed where they come from?"

"Yes, so I am unsure if they can use whatever Zords they do acquire after the quest."

"William, if you will remember that your Ninjetti Zords were buried within the earth once you returned home? I think it will be similar to for them. Otherwise, I am merely a warrior not a scientist. I think your problem may be how to get them back to their proper place and time."

"I know Dulcea, I know. I suppose I should start heading to the Monolith now?"

"If you desire, William. You can use your wolf form to get there a little faster."

"Huh, I can't turn into a wolf Dulcea, what are you talking about?"

"William, close your eyes and concentrate on what your Wolf spirit is telling you. Let him guide you, and let your body follow your mind for once." Billy closes his eyes and listens closely to the Wolf Lord who has chosen him as his pup and pack-mate.

"Pup, let me guide you. I shall not harm you... allow me to show you the world from my view. Relax yourself from the bond of your human mind. Smell the air, feel the ground beneath your paws... see the forest blur into green and gold as you catch the scent of the one you seek... now open your eyes pup, and you shall be changed into a true wolf, one of my own..."

Billy opens his eyes to see the forest floor has gotten a lot closer to his point of view. `But how? Never mind, the hunt is on I need to get there before him.' A large bleu-gray timbre wolf dashes off into the forest in search of his prey, and test of his skills as a hunter and Ranger. Dulcea changes into a snowy owl and follows Billy as much as she can then turns back toward the temple to observe them via her skills and bond with them as fellow Ninjetti.

***************

While the guys are busy on Phaedos, the other Rangers have been pretty idle back on Earth. Tommy is still brooding over the fact that Billy has turned against him in his opinion. The others can't get him to talk about it, except maybe his girlfriend, Kim.

"Tommy, what is bothering you so much? It's like you closed out all of us, even me."

"This whole situation with the other Rangers. I don't trust any of them, and Billy has sided with them against me."

"I wouldn't say that he has turned against you Tommy. He was just annoyed, you know he was having problems before those three dropped in on us. Give him a little break, besides you did call him a smart-ass in front of everyone."

"I know Kim. I just have a really bad feeling about them, like we are never going to be rid of them. That `Jason' looked like he wanted to rip me in two. I guess seeing that Billy in Green also kind of unhinged me. I still have nightmares about those days."

"Look Oliver, you are not Rita's evil Ranger anymore and neither is that other Billy. I don't think he is all there mentally, but he isn't evil. I'm sure once they get back from Phaedos, we can work it out between you and Billy. Now relax and don't think about it for now."

"Ok, beautiful. Let's head down to Ernie's and see what the rest of the gang is up to."

"Sure, sounds like a plan." They head over the Juice Bar & Gym to find the rest of the gang there sparring or studying. The rest of the gang comes over to Kim and Tommy, curious about how Tommy is dealing with the whole situation. Rocky and Adam are very curious, especially about his sudden change in attitude towards the team genius.

"Okay Tommy, what now? Are you still peeved about Billy going back to Phaedos?"

"Yes and no, I can't make him come home, and I was taking what his alternate did to my alternate rather personally. We decided to resolve it when they return."

Adam is scowling slightly, wondering if he should tell Billy the real reason behind his concern or to let the matter drop since he seems to be interested in Aisha. `Oh well, I will cross that bridge when I come to it.' Rocky has been watching him, wondering what he is so deep in thought about... "Hey Adam, are you still here?"

"Huh, oh yeah Rocky sorry. I'm worried about Jason and Billy I guess. Phaedos isn't a fun place to visit. Besides, those alternate versions of you, Jase and him give me the creeps."

"They will be fine Adam. Stop worrying so much. C'mon let's get in a few more rounds before lunch..."

Adam and Rocky bound off to the mats, and Tommy and Kim study for a big test they have coming up. Tommy can't really concentrate on his books, and instead is wondering how the quest is going for them...

******

Billy has been tracking them all through the Desert Of Despair as well as the Lost Glade where William wound up alone. He is wondering if he can meet the challenge of making sure his alternate self is truly worthy of the Great Power... Oh well, I can't worry too much about it now, I need to be at the Monolith when they get there. He bounds off, speeding towards the Monolith, and waits as a wolf for William. When the four arrive at the Monolith, they wonder why there is a huge wolf waiting for them, or more specifically for William. It is staring at him alone, making him nervous.

"Um, guys... is this normal behavior for wolves in your reality?"

"How would I know, there are no wild wolves in California. Billy would know..." Jason's voice trails off as he makes the connection to the wolf that is advancing on William and his friends totem spirit. "Um, William I have the oddest feeling I know who that wolf might be..."

"No, there is now way that he would do this to me... or maybe he has no choice in the matter. Alright, if that is how we are to play it out, come on and face me as a wolf or man... either way is fine with me."

Billy changes back to himself and gets into his stance and waits for William to approach him. He hates what he must do, but as William pointed out he has no choice in the matter. "So, are you ready to challenge us, human?" Billy's voice is not the normal tenor they are used to but a feral growl, and he is alight with the power he holds from the Wolf Lord for the challenge...

"I'm ready Wolf boy... let's get it on..."

And so saying he launches himself at Billy/Paldishar with everything he has... it's a fairly good fight, considering that they are nowhere near evenly matched, seeing as how Billy has the added power of Paldishar, Lord of the Wolf Ninjetti on his side.

William is only human, and in getting tired makes what could be a fatal error on his part... a ill placed spin kick misses Billy/Paldishar's midsection, landing William on his side. The miscalculation has him on his back with no where to turn except to face the man/beast that he has lost to.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Kill me already or can't you do that?"

"We only are to challenge your worthiness as a bearer of the Great Power, not to take your life human. Your warrior spirit is strong...you refuse to give up even when facing your mortality at you own hand...thus you have been accepted by Sitar, Lord of the Panther Ninjetti. He accepts your willingness to sacrifice yourself, as well as the ferociousness with which you fought your self. Stand and accept his gifts as a Ninjetti warrior."

Billy gets off of William, then hits the ground in a heap. Holding the powers of a God are taxing even for a Ranger. Dulcea comes over, and holds his hands, chanting a healing prayer for his recovery. He stands up, holding onto Dulcea for a moment. Once he has regained his composure, he goes to sit at the Wolf Shrine while listening to Dulcea's words.

"Our young Wolf shall be fine. You battled valiantly William. Sitar is pleased with his choice. The rest of you faced your challenges with equal grace, strength and nobility. Jason, when you faced the Desert of Despair, you did not waiver in your faith that your friends were true. Rocky, in your travels through the Forest of Deceptions, you again held true to your beliefs letting that guide you past the falsehoods presented to you. `Jason', the Glade of Malice tested you mightily... your bond with the other Warriors of Light saw you through. Finally William, your test was the most difficult of them all. Facing yourself in combat is never easy. I commend William on having the strength to challenge you and to see that you have overcome the shade upon your spirit. Now rest and when you are ready you are free to return to Zordon, I am sure he is anxious to see you again."

The assembled Ninjetti sits still for a moment, letting the realization sink in that they have completed the Quest successfully. Then William shocks them all by letting out a cry of triumph. "YES, we did it... finally we did it...!!!" He notices that Billy isn't jumping around with the rest of them, so he goes over to him to check on him. "Billy, aren't you excited? We survived the Great Quest... what's wrong you don't seem terribly excited about all this"

"I'm sorry William, I need to lay down for a bit... being used as a vessel by a God is taxing. I am heading in to the Wolf Shrine for a nap. Please wake me when you head back to the temple."

"Um sure. Do you need help?"

"No, go celebrate you have earned it." Billy leaves them to enjoy their victory; finding the resting-place in the Wolf Shrine and lying down to sleep in about 10 seconds flat. While he is asleep Dulcea watches over him, worrying about her young Wolf Ninjetti. He awakens a couple of hours later to find Dulcea sitting near him watching him.

"Dulcea, where are the others?"

"They are at the temple William. I told them I would bring you once you were rested. As you know being a vessel for the Lord of the Wolf is tiring to anyone even a Ninjetti. Come, we need to get back for the evening meal. Once you all have had a good night's rest, you should return to Zordon. Would you care to travel as a Wolf?"

"That would be fine, it was fun in a way..." The change into their animal forms and head back to the Temple. When they have arrive, the others stand up and wait for them to change back into a human form. Billy seems slightly changed to them, but for now they can't tell if it is for better or worse. He merely drops down beside his Jason and waits for Dulcea to speak to them.

"After a night's rest you all should return to Zordon. You all have worked hard to acquire the Great Power, do not forget this time nor what you have sworn to uphold as Ninjetti. Fair thee well young ones, I shall not forget you. Give Zordon my regards William." Dulcea then strides off in her abrupt manner, not really giving them a chance to say goodbye to her. The guys relax, eat and joke about feeling a lot better than they have in a while. Billy is conversing quietly with Jason, wondering about how they can get the others home.

"Did you and Dulcea figure out a way for them to get back?"

"No, she is a Warrior, not a scientist as she put it. I will be able to figure it out, I just hope its in time to save their world. So how do you like it? The new power I mean?"

"Its amazing Billy. So much stronger than the morphin' powers...At least now, I can help out again if need be. I wonder what Zack and Trini's animal guides would be?"

"Zack would have to something playful, and Trini's would have to be something graceful and strong. I think an Otter for Zack and a Lioness for her. It seems proper for their personalities."

"Yeah, I was sort of surprised that William wasn't also a Wolf. A panther seems to suit him though."

"Yep...it does." Billy is silent as he thinks that `the darkness in him is there though, I can feel it. His soul is cleansed however his mind is still clouded...but no time to think of it now.' He looks up at Jason and hops up to head into the rest area.

"I'm ready for a good nights rest and to return home."

"Agreed" The crew heads in for the night, sleeping peacefully for now... At first light they teleport home to an empty Command Center and a quiet homecoming. Even Alpha 5 is still recharging. Billy is pleased that they were able to come in quietly, so that he can deal with other issues before seeing the other Rangers again. "I'm going to the resort, I'll call you all later."

The others nod in agreement, and teleport off to their various destinations. Jason's parents are surprised when they come down to breakfast and see Jase sitting there with toast, juice and the morning paper. "Hi Mom, Dad... we got back really early... I didn't want to wake you."

"That's fine son, did you enjoy yourself?" Joe Scott is meandering around trying to muster up some coffee for himself and his wife, while Jason answers him.

"Yeah, it was good to get away for a little while. Besides, Billy has been stressed out lately. He needed the break more than I did."

"What is going on with him? Lance called us in a panic a couple days before you left. He said he couldn't find Billy and he needed to find him then and there... it's unlike him to panic like that"

"Well... it seems as if Mr. Cranston and the family have been keeping a couple of major secrets from Billy. He, well... Billy's cousin Alex isn't his cousin; he's his twin. Also, Mr. Cranston has gotten remarried, no one even knew he was seeing someone. And for fun as Billy put it, his half sister is back on town. So Billy is on edge to say the least." He looks up to find his parents staring at him in shock. As far as they know Lance Cranston is one of the most upright, moral people they know. They just could not fathom him holding that kind of skeleton in his closet for so long.

Marjorie Scott keeps looking from her husband to her son in disbelief. "Son, are you sure about this? I really can't see Lance holding something that important from Billy."

"Mom, I am sure, he... broke down when he finally told me the whole story. He's hurting Mom. I wish there were something I could do for him. I don't think I have ever seen Billy so angry since we were children."

Joe puts a comforting arm around his son, realizing that he has gone into his `big brother' mode with Billy. "Jason, the best thing you can do is be there if he needs you. You know he won't talk unless he wants to. You can be his friend as always, and offer any support he would be willing to accept. Why don't you invite him for dinner? He always enjoys being here, maybe he would feel a little better..."

"Sure Dad, as soon as I catch up on sleep. We didn't really stop on the way back. I'll let one of you know later if he accepts the invitation. Sorry, but I am heading back to bed. G'night." Jason heads to his room and gets in a couple more hours of sleep.

While he is getting some zzz's.... William, Rocky and Jason are in the hotel room, having a late breakfast and enjoying a rare moment of relaxation. Rocky is checking Will over for cuts and bruises from the fight he had with Paldishar/Billy just to be sure he is really ok. "Ok, would you stop it already Rock, I am fine..."

"Look he, they whatever still whomped you pretty good. Powers or no powers I am still team doctor and I haven't cleared you. Now just relax, I'm almost done."

"Fine, Doc. DeSantos, am I all clear sir?"

"No need to be an ass about it. I'm concerned about you. Besides, now that we have these wonderful powers how about getting us where we belong?"

"I am going to the Command Center shortly, I need to find out the frequency modulation for our reality, as well as a way to re-open the passageway to our Earth. For the moment, let's enjoy ourselves and then we can get back to the task at hand. Ok, Doc?"

"Fine, I am just anxious to be home... if we still have a home to get back to William."

"I know Rocky, I know." After cleaning up and scarfing down room service, William heads to the Command Center while Rocky and Jason decide to seek out their counterparts. Billy unfortunately isn't having such an easy time now that he is back. His uncle is worried about his refusal to stay put very long as well as his outright hostility to the idea of even talking to his father.

"Look, I am not saying that I will never speak to Dad again. He hurt me uncle, he hurt me in a very harsh way that I don't know if I can ever forgive. I need to meet my friends at the Center, we have a project due soon for Chemistry. I'll be fine."

"You are impossible. You might want to call Jason, he left a message for you while you were in the shower."

"Thanks." Billy goes to his room to call Jase and see what could have prompted him to call so soon after their return. "Hi Mrs. Scott... I'm ok, well as can be expected I guess. Thanks a lot for your concern. Sure, I'll hold on a moment. Hi Jase, what's up?"

"Nothing serious, mom and dad suggested I invite you over for dinner. You know to unwind..."

"...Thanks... but why did you tell them? I appreciate the concern and all, but I really don't want a lot of people to know."

"Sorry, It just came out. You know my folks think of you as a second Scott son, and your dad calling them in a panic kind of tipped them off anyway."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that whole freak out thing he did before we left. I will be there gladly. Is it cool if I crash there, it would save me a drive back and forth to Forest Creek."

"As if you had to ask. What time will you be here?"

"After I take care of some other things though. Will you be around later? I can meet you at the Youth Center and we can walk over or I'll drive."

"Whatever you want is fine Billy. Is 4:30 good? We can hang out until mom gets home."

"Sure, I'll see you later then, and thank you."

"Welcome, catch you later Cranston." They hang up, with Jason heading off to the Youth Center after he informs his mom that Billy will be joining them. Billy heads to the Command Center to find William sitting on the floor trying to figure out a panel on the Command console.

"It would work better if you attached the green wire to the main board instead of the red one."

"Oh hi, I was kinda bored so I was amusing myself by trying to figure this out."

"Curious even in another dimension. So, what are we gonna do about getting you three home?"

"I figured if we use our communicators to decipher the bandwidth of our respective realities in relativity to the continuum, we can open the portal that allowed us to teleport in. Of course, if either one of us makes a mistake we could just blow up the universe as we know it. Simple isn't it?"

"It always is...may I see your communicator? Nice, did you make these?"

"No, Trini did before she left for college. I modified the design to make long range teleport easier, she gave me a couple of spares to tinker with and that's the final design."

"Yeah...how are these attuned?"

"To our bio-rhythm, as well as vital signs and power signature. It is set to home in our base, so that could be the frequency of our reality as it were. I am not sure if our base signals are identical."

"I doubt it. There would be minute differences in even our molecular make up that would make us distinguishable. Hmm...." Billy falls silent as he starts the computer on deciphering the frequency modulation for their respective realities. "Now that the computer is working on that it will take a little time. How about we get lunch near the hotel and finish our little discussion?"

"I thought we were done. Unless there is something else on your mind."

"Well the whole telepathy and telekinesis thing is still on my mind. I have been feeling different since the battle, I'm not sure if it's just an after effect of Paldishar or if these abilities have been unlocked somehow."

So, you want to see if you are able to do this at will now? William sends the message to see if Billy gets it and responds without that mental flinch he got earlier. Ok, William... now we know that I can do this at will, I'm just not sure about how to control it.

"You have to learn to block out emotions. I was a basket case for the first few months until the Aquitian Rangers helped us out. Cestro was a great help in learning how to deal with my abilities. C'mon let's go." Will and Billy teleport into a lot near the hotel and enter the restaurant on the main level. "So what did you want for lunch Billy?"

"I don't know, maybe something simple... a chicken Caesar salad would be fine."

Sure, that sounds good to me. I'm not pathing' to freak you out, just seeing how easily you pick up my messages. William is staring at the menu with a silly look on his face, wondering how soon it will be before one of them cracks and starts answering unspoken questions.

Stop that Will. I'm not entirely comfortable with communicating like this. You just want me to slip up and respond to something you didn't verbalize.

No, I am waiting for either one of us to do that, not you alone. I still do that with Jase. He is a low level psionic as well. I have often answered verbally to questions he sent me mentally. Let's order, I am starving.

They order lunch and sit there seemingly silent for a while as they converse about anything but the problem they both face in getting Will, `Jason' and `Rocky' home. So, have you worked things out with your father yet? William is concerned about his alternate, because he can feel the tension coming off of him in waves as soon as the subject is brought up.

"No, I haven't spoken with my father in a few days. I only want to forget about it for now. Can we discuss something else please?"

"Sure, if you wish to ignore the issue." Billy scowls at him and makes a point of ignoring the remark. "Look, I'm sorry but your tension is like a slap in the face right now. You are gonna snap if you don't take care of this soon."

"William, I am already at wits end about the whole thing. I planned to call Dad after this and have dinner with him alone in a couple of days. I have to get the way I feel off my chest soon or I am gonna blow up, again. I already kind of lost it at school last week... I'm surprised nothing has happened in regard to that. I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap at you, but I am tired of everyone walking on eggshells around me lately."

"It's no big deal. I'm used to it. What are you doing later anyway?"

"I'm going to Jason's for dinner. Knowing Mrs. Scott, she'll probably try to get me to go over and see him while I'm there, yes it is a bad idea now, I can't face him yet. I still need a little time to think about what I am going to say and how I can cope with all of this. If you are done, I think we should check on our little project..."

Of course, the sooner I know I can get home or there is nothing to go back to the better. William goes to the room to grab his laptop before they head back to the Command Center. Once they arrive and go over the data, the results aren't what either boy was hoping for. Billy sighs and slumps to the ground while reading the results, making Will tense up and get agitated. They lock gazes and realize the same thing... there is a slim to none chance of them going home.

"Will, I'm sorry. The energy signature from your Earth is so faint, it doesn't seem as if there is anyone or anything really alive there now. I failed you..."

To his credit, William hasn't hit the ground in a fit of hysterics, but he is far from being composed. He asks in a low whisper if Billy can scan the planet for life signs versus Machine Empire energy signatures. "Sure..." Billy sets about the grim task of coming up with a death toll for Will. He grips the console as he reads over the numbers.

"William, you may need to sit down for this. Out of 7 billion human life signs, there are now only 3.5 million scattered across the globe. Right now, there are 5.5 billion energy signatures from the Machine Empire across the world. Most of the major cities, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, Tokyo, Singapore, Beijing are gone, no life signs whatsoever. God, all of those people are just gone. I'm sorry William, so sorry that I failed you."

Will is on the floor of the Command Center, hugging his knees wondering how he can even tell them there is no way to go home, and if they did manage it, there was no one to defend from evil. He dreads telling `Rocky' and `Jason' that they have lost. He is making a keening noise, rocking back and forth for all of the lives lost on his world. Billy is near breaking down, feeling the loss, despair and anguish from Will. He sinks to the ground beside his alternate and hugs him. Billy is usually not demonstrative in his feelings, but he knows that Will is very close to an emotional meltdown, as is he. It is at this moment that the others teleport in to find them mourning the loss of a world.

Tommy, both Jason's and both Rocky's have a feeling that they won't like what could have made Billy and William breakdown like this. `Jason' goes to William and tries to help him stand, but he flatly refuses to move or to unwrap himself from Billy's embrace.

"N...no Jason. Don't touch me. I failed you...I failed and they are all gone. Let me stay here, I can't deal with this... I failed you, our home...it's overrun by those fucking machines...I don't deserve to be a Ranger let alone leader. I f...fai...failed. I'm sorry, so sorry..." William crumples on the ground in a heap unable to control himself any longer. Billy stays with him, knowing he is not in any type of shape to tell them what has happened. `Jason' cradles him as best he can, knowing that William is having a total breakdown at the news of the Machine Empire's victory on their Earth. Billy wipes his eyes and looks up at them to tell them the bad news.

"Well... I failed you all as well. In the time they have been gone, the Ma...Machine Empire leveled almost all of the major cities of the world. Out of a population of over 7 billion people, there are now roughly 3 and a half million people populating the entire planet in their reality. Also, they can't get back... even with the new powers and Zords... the Machine Empire has taken their Earth. I failed to find a solution quickly enough, they have no way home and no home to get to. Angel Grove still stands, however they are using it as a base of operations. Any humans still there are probably enslaved. I'm sorry `Rocky' and `Jason'...I don't know what else to say now..."

Billy falls silent as they take in what he has said. William jumps up and runs outside to the cliffs that border the Command Center. Jason and Billy realize what he means to do as he makes it out the door. "Oh my god, he's planning to jump." Jason runs out after his lover and grabs him as he is standing at the edge of the cliffs, making peace with his Goddess. William struggles in his Jason's iron grip, wanting only to sacrifice himself for his perceived failure. "Let me go Jason, dammit let go! It's only fair that I lose my life for those I failed to save."

"Goddamit William Augustus Cranston, I am not going to let you toss yourself off these rocks in some fit of remorse. WE ALL took the chance on coming here, and we all knew the risk, you were the one who kept reminding us this could all wind up being in vain. So stop with the fucking self-loathing already... if you jump we should go with you as well. We're all in it for the long haul. We just have to regroup and figure out what to do."

William is still struggling to get out of `Jason's' grip, not hearing a word of what has been said. `Jason' finally gets exasperated and picks up his lover and drags him back inside. "Billy, can you sedate him until he gets a hold of himself? I really don't want to have to slug him."

"Um, sure..." He sedates William with a none too steady hand, and rejoins the rest of the group in the main chamber. `Rocky' and `Jason' are a little peaked, but seem to be taking the news well. `Jason' steps forward to apologize for the scene they were just witness to and to speak with Zordon about what choices they could have available to them.

"I apologize. He always has had a problem controlling his emotions. The news was way too much for him to bear, he takes the responsibility of co-leadership very seriously. He feels as if this was a personal failure for the team as well as the planet. He should be fine once he awakens. Zordon, is there any possibility for us to remain here? I'm sure we can work out a way for us to remain. I'm sure that we can make an existence in Stone Canyon or Crossworlds City."

"'JASON', I AM POSITIVE WE CAN HELP YOU, ROCKY AND WILLIAM FIND A NEW LIFE HERE. YOU HAVE MY CONDOLENCES FOR YOUR FALLEN TEAMMATES. ONCE WILLIAM HAS COME BACK TO HIMSELF, I WILL SPEAK WITH HIM ABOUT YOUR ADDITION TO OUR TEAM. IF THE MACHINE EMPIRE IS THIS POWERFUL, THEN THREE EXTRA RANGERS WOULD BE A GREAT HELP IN THE FIGHT AGAINST EVIL.

THERE ARE LIVING QUARTERS HERE IN THE COMMAND CENTER IF YOU WOULD DESIRE TO STAY HERE."

"Thank you Zordon. We can move in by the weekend. If you will excuse me, I need to check on Will."

"CERTAINLY `JASON'. THE LIVING QUARTERS ARE AT YOUR DISPOSAL WHEN YOU ARE READY." The others stand silently, with Tommy a little more shell-shocked than he cares to admit. To realize that a Ranger team has fallen, and a world destroyed sobers him a little. Kim, Rocky and Aisha decide to head home since neither Billy, `Jason' or `Rocky' seems to be receptive to their offers of assistance. Aisha hugs Billy and kisses him on the cheek before teleporting out. The remaining team is left in an awkward silence, with Billy sitting on the floor in a mirror image of how Will was moments before. Jason comes down to him and looks into the emerald green eyes, seeing the hurt, loss and fear in his old friends' face.

"Billy, look at me. I'm only going to say this once. Neither you nor William are to blame for what happened on their world. You both gave all you had and then some. No one is blaming you or him for this. I know you are going to tear yourself apart about this, but there is no need for you to. I will still see you for dinner and we can talk afterward. Just nod if you understand, I know you won't speak now."

Billy nods his acceptance of Jason's wisdom, and stands up. Adam is there, waiting to say something to him, he waits for his shy friend to speak up. "Billy, I cant really say what I had in mind better than how Jason just put it, so I want you to know I will be there as well when or if you need someone to talk to. Please don't blame yourself, blame the enemy." Adam, then kisses Billy lightly on the cheek and teleports out.

Billy is startled by that last action, and looks up to see the other Jason and Rocky looking at him questioningly. "I have no idea what that was about... I'll ask him later. I should check on Will."

"He is still sleeping, I set my communicator to beep when he wakes up. Are you two going to be ok?"

"Eventually I will be. William... well he has a lot more to work through than I do as far as feeling guilty about this." Jason gives him a brief hug and whispers in his ear..."He'll be ok, I plan to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid." At that he backs off and teleports out with `Rocky'. That leaves only Tommy and Billy alone in the main chamber. Billy looks over to Tommy, expecting to see malice and `I told you so' written all over his face, but he doesn't see that at all. Just a sense of loss and remorse for what the others have lost.
Sign up to rate and review this story