Categories > TV > Power Rangers > Bleu Soliloqui

Failed Efforts

by cypheroftyr 0 reviews

Can they make it in time? Or was their trip for naught?

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Jason, Other - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-01-02 - Updated: 2006-01-02 - 2596 words

0Unrated
Billy sighs and rubs his hand over his face. "Tommy, I will talk to you later, I need to meet up with Jason. Bye" Billy teleports out without another word to the Juice bar. Where he finds Jason and the others sitting around quietly. "Hey guys, I made it back. Jase are you ready to go? I would like to go to your place and relax, and we can talk there." Billy looks at the others, realizing it seems like he is being rude and ignoring his other teammates. "Sorry guys, I don't mean to make it seem like I'm ignoring you, I really need to decompress."

Rocky and Adam nod their assent to his words. Adam looks away slightly, noticing that Billy had failed to mention his kiss on the cheek. I wonder why he isn't mentioning that kiss, probably because the whole group is here. Billy smirks, noting Adam's blush when he failed to mention anything about that kiss on the cheek. I'd better say something or he will be horribly embarrassed later.

Billy goes over to Adam and whispers in his ear."Um, Adam can I call you later, we need to talk as well." Adam blushes and looks down as he whispers back to Billy."Sure, I need to talk to you.go on, just call me later. Maybe we can meet if talking on the phone turns out to be awkward."

Billy only nods and after giving a quick good bye to the others, leaves the Juice Bar trailing behind Jason. Neither boy says much until they arrive at Jason's house and is alone in his room. Billy sits on the bed, and lays back. Jason lets' him be quiet, hoping that he would open up a little bit. While they play cat and mouse, the other 'Jason' has returned and is watching over William, who is still asleep from the sedative.

Jason is holding his hand, protective of William. Dammit Will, wake up. I need you. As he is cursing his lover mentally, Will drags his eyes open and winces at the brightness of the room. "Hey, what ran me over? I feel like you used me for a punching bag."

Jason hugs William and kisses him on the cheek before saying a word. Once he does speak, his voice is thick with emotion. "Don't ever scare me like that again William! I thought you were going to jump for real!"

William looks at his lover, and puts his head on his chest before giving his answer in a flat voice. "I was, I failed I deserve to die Jason. Why couldn't you all let me do that right at least?"

As Jason stared at William sensing that he was really ready to die and that he wanted that very badly. Jason holds his lover, letting him sob out his anguish and hurt. 'Jason' is unsure of what to do.he has never seen William so down, or ready to end it all, at least for real. "William, please you are scaring me.stop this please."

'Jason' is doing his best to comfort 'William', but can't seem to get much out of him besides hysterical sobbing. While they try to get their issues resolved, Billy and Jason are still sitting quietly, with Jason finally breaking the silence. "Billy, why are won't you open up to me? Even after all this time you still have walls up between us."

Billy looks up at Jason, slightly startled at his voice cutting the silence."Huh, oh I'm sorry Jason I was miles away. I was thinking about Adam.and that peck on the cheek. I'm not sure what to make of that."

"Oh, I see.yeah that is kind of a tough call. Why don't you call him and talk about it. Or better yet go over, we still have time before Mom gets home." Jason hands Billy the cordless phone, giving no room for refusal. Billy sighs and takes the phone, wishing Jason would let him handle it.however; he knew that meant ignoring the problem until it drove him nuts mentally.

"Thanks, I guess there is only one way to resolve this." Billy looks at the receiver, wishing he could just teleport into Adam's room and get it over with. "Here goes everything.Um, hi Adam are you busy now?"

"No, what's up?" Adam had decided to play it cool with Billy, knowing how elusive he could be in regard to emotional issues. "Nothing much, I wanted to talk to you. if you wanted to that is."

Adam is silent, deciding if he should take the offer of resolution that Billy was offering. "Uh sure. Come on over, I'll be in my room. Bye." Adam hung up before he could chicken out of the conversation he was going to have.

Billy hung up and handed the receiver back to Jason mutely.he was unsure of what was up with Adam and could only guess at what he could want."I'll be at Adam's.'page' me when I should return, ok?"

"Sure, good luck." Billy leaves the Scott household, heading towards Adam's place. Once he arrives and is let into Adam's home he heads up the stairs to find Adam pacing nervously around his room. Billy enters quietly and sits on the bed, clears his throat to make his presence known.

Adam jumps slightly."Oh hi.when did you get here?"

"I've been here long enough to watch you pace nervously.what is going on with you? Or better yet. what was with the kiss on the cheek?" Billy sits back.wondering what Adam is up to.

"Um, well that uh, well.Ok. I was worried about you. I thought you were breaking down, and I did it as a friendly gesture."

"Bull Adam, men don't kiss on the cheek as a friendly gesture. I would like the truth please, I have had enough BS out of several people the last few days, and I couldn't take it if you lied to me as well."

"Ok, ok.I wanted to kiss you, and I would have preferred it to have been on the lips, I want you! There are you happy now?" Adam turns away embarrassed to have confessed his attraction to Billy, and Billy is sitting on the bed, unsure of what to say at this point. He grabs Adam's hand, and pulls him to the bed in a sitting position.

"Ok, so now we know what to do from this point forward?" Billy isn't angry, but is intrigued and interested to see how this could play out."First of all, I am not mad, I am quite flattered actually. So what now Froggie?" Billy is staring at Adam, unsure about how a touch on the shoulder might be interpreted at this point. He watches as Adam looks all over the room, anywhere but at him. Billy looks at him, hoping Adam will say something. "C'mon Adam.say something."

Adam finally looks into Billy's eyes."I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that. But what about Aisha?" Billy smiles and looks to Adam."I don't know what to do about her or you. Like I said let's play it by ear. She and I haven't even had a real date yet. Let me get myself together before I decide on anything or anyone. Is that ok by you?"

Adam smiles grateful, that he hasn't destroyed his friendship. "That is more than I hoped for. Let me give you something to think about in the meantime then." Before Billy can ask what Adam is talking about, Adam grabs him and kisses him until neither boy can breathe. "Think about that Billy. you know that I love you and I hope we can have something between us."

With that Adam exits the room.knowing Billy is trying to process what he just did, and also because his mother is calling him. He returns to find Billy staring out of the window, with a pensive look on his face. Adam comes over; almost afraid he went too far with the kiss. Billy sees his reflection and turns to face him, seeing the expression that Adam has.he smiles slightly. "Adam, don't worry. I'm just thinking too hard about all of this. I have problems to work out. Once I have resolved my family issues, I can be more attentive to you and Aisha. Is that enough for now my frog prince?"

Adam can barely suppress his grin. "It is more than I hoped for my pack- mate. Thank you for not being mad at me." Billy snickers.a rare thing for him in general. "No problem froggie." As Billy turns to head out, his communicator beeps. "Hello?"

"Hey Billy, you should come back now, mom will be here soon." Jason's voice sounded tired and a little strained, even coming through the small device on Billy's wrist. "Got it, I'm on my way, Billy out." "I've gotta get back, Jason's family is expecting me for dinner. I'll talk to you later."

Billy gives Adam a brief kiss on the cheek and leaves, feeling a little better about his situation. He re-enters the Scott household to find everyone at the table or in the dining room. "Hi Mrs. Scott, Mr. Scott. Thanks for having me over tonight. Jase, do you need help setting the table?"

Jason smiles and hands Billy some silverware. The boys set the table quietly. and don't say much until Mrs. Scott asks Billy how he is doing. "Billy, how are you feeling?"

Billy blushes.and coughs a little bit."I'm doing as well as can be expected Mrs. Scott. It's tough to deal with, especially since it was kind of handed to me all at once." Jason's parent nod, glad that Billy seems to be dealing with the whole fiasco rather well. Dinner passes quietly, with Billy and Jason excusing themselves to return to Jason's room. Once they are alone, Billy flops onto Jason's bed sighing.

"Jase, what am I going to do realistically? I'm still mad at my father, and now we have William and Co. to worry about. He was really wigged out.he was really gonna jump you know." Jason sits next to Billy.speaking quietly. "I know, he blamed himself, much like Tommy would do if he was in charge. I'll call them later to see how they are. As far as your father goes, I don't know what to say bro'. He has to know he hurt you pretty bad with all of these secrets. What about Alex, have you thought about how he feels at all?"

Billy winces, he hadn't thought about Alex at all during this whole ordeal. He knew that Alex was at home, probably not speaking to Lance either, being miserable. "Yeah, I haven't even thought about him throughout this whole ordeal. I should probably call him. May I use the phone again?"

Jason hands Billy the phone and goes back downstairs to allow Billy some privacy. Billy nods his thanks and dials his number, hoping Lance doesn't answer the phone. "Hello Cranston residence." Billy winces as he hears Lance answer."Uh hi, can I speak to Alex please." Lance cringes at the coldness of his son's voice. "Sure Billy, how are you?" "Father, do you really want me to answer that right now? I am nowhere near fine, now if you don't mind I would like to speak with my brother." Lance bites back the comment he thought of and instead gives Alex the phone saying only its for him.

Alex takes the phone wondering who would be calling him there. "Hello?" Billy answers, with much more warmth in his voice. "Hi Alex, it's Billy. I called to see how you were holding up." Alex smiles, hoping that Billy has gotten over his anger and will be home soon. "I'm ok, I'm so glad that you called. I. I wish you would come back BJ. Lance is so miserable, and I'm not having a fun time here either. He's sorry, and I think you should at least hear him out." Billy sighs and composes himself, so he doesn't lash out at Alex. "Alex, I'm not ready to do that just yet. I want to see you though, I haven't been very good about talking to you about this, I'm freaked out Alex, and I can't get past my anger at him, and to be honest I need help to do that. Can you come over to Jason's house if he says it's ok?"

"I'll be there in 10 minutes, meet me halfway would you?" "Sure, I'll be coming down Elm ok?" Alex smiles, and nods as if Billy could see him. "You got it. See you shortly bye." The boys disconnect and Billy heads downstairs to find Jason. "Jason, is it ok if Alex comes over?" Jason looks up pleasantly surprised at Billy's pleased expression at seeing Alex. "Mom?" Jason's mother smiles and nods her approval.

"Thanks Mrs. Scott, Mr. Scott. I'll be back with him soon." Billy bounds down the street to find Alex walking towards him, looking like he was walking the last mile. Billy heads to him and falls into step next to him. "So, care to tell me why you look like you are heading to the gas chamber?" Alex looks up startled."Sorry, it's just I feel like this is all some weird dream.and that this isn't real. I'm sorry to be moody, it's good to see you BJ; you look good."

Billy smiles and blushes slightly."Thanks, c'mon, Jason is itching to meet you." Alex balks at the notion of meeting some of Billy's friends so soon. "Um, bro' is that such a good idea? I haven't really been feeling sociable lately. What if your friends don't like me?" Billy almost laughs, but he realizes that Alex is dead serious. "C'mon, my friends will like you AJ. They took me in as a friend, and I'm the king geek of the city. Don't worry.besides Jason's mom won't give you two seconds to feel unwelcome." Billy punctuates the line with a genuine grin as he hops up the stairs and rings the bell. He is greeted by Jason.who seems a little startled to see carbon copy of his best buddy standing on the porch behind Billy. "Hi, I'm Jason, come on in."

Alex is still a little uncertain about Billy's friends and feels shy about meeting the bigger teen at his home. "Thanks, I'm Alex Cranston, nice to meet you. Thanks for having me over." Jason ushers the boys in smiling at the way Billy seems to have relaxed in Alex's presence. "Not a problem Alex. Do you want anything to drink or eat?" Alex is uncertain about responding, since he just met Jason, and doesn't want to be intrusive. "A soda would be fine if you have it Jason." Billy is noticing the reticence that Alex is showing."Alex, relax. Jason is my best friend; he's sincere in his hospitality. C'mon lets meet his parents." Alex nods, and is led to the kitchen where Jason's parents greeted him enthusiastically. "Welcome Alex, can we get you anything?" Alex blushes, not used to having anyone make such a fuss over meeting him. "Thank you ma'am, Jason was getting me a drink I believe. Nice to meet you."

The Scott's smile and leave the boys to their own devices.Billy sits on the living room couch, followed by Jason and Alex, who is nervous about meeting Billy's friends.
Sign up to rate and review this story