Categories > Movies > Newsies > A Picture's Worth 1000...Heart Attacks?

A Picture's Worth 1000...Heart Attacks?

by GreenberryHair 0 reviews

I do not own Newsies. Disney does. I don't own any character from the movie. Disney does. Sage owns Sage, Meghan, and half of Jayden. Ray owns Mikey. I own half of Jayden.

Category: Newsies - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Jack Kelly,Morris Delancey - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-09-27 - Updated: 2007-09-27 - 1708 words

0Unrated

Jayden walked in the room with the new picture of her that Sage had taken of her and finally developed for her. She was ecstatic about it because she thought it was the cutest pose and the accidental opening of the studio door and gust of wind blowing her skirt up made the picture.



She heard her father in the kitchen, clanking dishes. Cute!He's helping mom! Jayden thought to herself and walked to the kitchen with the picture tenderly in her fingers. "I'm home daddy!" she announced as she walked into the room.



"What took you so long, princess?" Morris asked and smiled at his daughter and reaching out his cheek for her to kiss.



Jayden kissed Morris's cheek and replied, "I had to go and get my new picture." Jayden grinned from ear to ear.



Morris dried his wet hands from washing dishes on a dry dish towel and held out a hand for Jayden to put the photograph in. "Really?I'm guessing it's really good then."



Jayden smiled but didn't hand the picture to him. "I think it's really cute actually!"



Morris smiled back at his daughter and urged her to put the photograph in his hand. "Then let me see it."



Jayden now donned a grin and set the photograph in his hand and as soon as she saw his eyes drop towards the face down object in his hand, she turned and walked out of the kitchen towards the living room. She figured that would be far enough from the bedrooms of any sleeping kids for Morris's expected over reacting.



Morris flipped the photograph over in his hands and his eyes fell on his daughter's face, but something else caught his eye. "/Jayden/!"



Jayden stood in the living room counting down from 10 as that's how long it usually took for her father to storm into the living room from the kitchen when she did something wrong.



As expected, Morris appeared in the doorway as Jayden mouthed, /Zero/. "Jayden, who took this picture?" Morris asked while he finally stopped in front of his daughter.



"Um...I don't really remember who took that specific one, daddy," she lied miserably.



"Of course you remember! You posed for it," Morris replied. "Now who took it?"

"OK, but promise you won't get mad at them. It wasn't planned and it just happened. Someone like opened the studio door and my skirt blew up. We didn't know she got the shot until she looked through all the shots and we thought it was so cute!" Jayden exclaimed.



"So who was it?" Morris prompted with a question.



"Promise you won't get mad?" Jayden asked and then added,"And it wasn't Mikey."



"It was Mikey? I'll kill the bastard!" Morris exclaimed.



"I said it was not Mikey!" Jayden exclaimed.



"Then who was it, Jayden? If it's not Mikey, but you're defending him, then who was it?" Morris said, knowing it just had to be Mikey responsible for it.



Jayden sighed. "It was Auntie Sage."



"/Sage/?" Morris asked, nearly slapping his hand to his forehead. He saw the phone on the coffee table and picked it up. He dialed Sage's number faster than he's ever dialed any number before.



"Hello?" a female's voice came over the phone.



"Did you take this photograph of Jayden with her skirt flying up?" Morris asked, knowing it was Sage on the other end.



"Yeah and I think it turned out really cute," Sage replied.



"Of course it's cute! Jayden's in it, but her skirt is flying up!" Morris exclaimed.



"It's not flying up, it's blowing because someone open the studio door and a gust of wind came as I took the shot. You can't see anything and it's cute!" Sage defended her work.



"I just said it was cute! It's going to be cute because Jayden's the one in the picture!" Morris exclaimed.



"Morris, you're over reacting. Nothing's wrong with the picture," Sage exclaimed.



"What if it was Zoe in the picture and I was Jack? How would he react?" Morris asked, trying to turn the tables on Sage now.



"He's just as bad as you are and it would still be a cute picture," Sage said.



"See? I'm not the only one who'd think what I'm thinking so I'm right in the way I'm acting," Morris sounded triumphant.



"There was more than one Nazi! That doesn't make it right!" Sage exclaimed in the phone.



"What are you yelling for, babe?" Jack walked into the room where Sage was talking on the phone.



"Morris is over reacting as usual. Apparently, Jayden's picture isn't to his liking," Sage said.



"It's cute, what's wrong with it?" Jack asked.



"Jack said it was a cute picture," Sage said into the phone to Morris.



"Because it's not Zoe!" Morris exclaimed.



"Jack, honey, how would you react if it was Zoe in the picture?" Sage turned to her husband.



"I'd think it was cute," Jack replied and kissed his wife's forehead and sat down in an arm chair a few feet away.



"Jack said he'd think it would be cute if it was Zoe too," Sage relayed to Morris.



"He's lying!" Morris exclaimed.



"What's going on in here? You're going to wake the kids,"Meghan entered the living room after just putting the youngest, Grace, to bed.



Morris held up the photograph for Meghan to see, but didn't hand it to her. "That's what's wrong. Jayden's skirt is flying up and Sage printed a picture of it."



"It's not flying up, Morris! It's /blowing/!"Sage said exasperated.



"That's cute! You're skirt's really cute too," Meghan exclaimed to Jayden.



Jayden smiled at her stepmother in appreciation.



"Of course it's cute! It's of Jayden!" Morris bellowed. Then turned his attention back to Sage on the phone and said, "Well, it's about to blow in the fire."



"Morris, it's cute. Yes, it's cute because it's Jayden, but it's cute how it turned out," Meghan said calmly, noticing Jayden's smile turn into a shocked frown. She always knew he was stubborn and protective, and she was used to dealing with it, but he was beginning to make her mad.



"I'm wearing shorts in it, daddy!" Jayden exclaimed in alast ditch effort to calm her father down.



"I don't see any shorts in this picture," Morris said, looking back at the picture to see if he noticed any shorts peeking out from the bottom of her skirt.



"Exactly! Because the skirt didn't go up that high! The shorts went down to here," she replied and pointed to about mid-thigh when she said /here/.



"Besides, I remember a certain someone liking the pictures Sage did of me with my skirt flying up," Meghan chimed in trying to calm Morris down, still.



"That's different! You're allowed to do stuff like that...and if it's for me of course...but Jayden isn't," Morris replied stubbornly.



"Morris, there's nothing wrong with the picture, so stop over reacting," Sage exclaimed in the phone, not wanting to hear his complaining anymore.



"I'm not over reacting! And this picture will go into the fire," Morris said back in the phone.



"That's the only copy I made, so it's not going anywhere out of Jayden's hands! I'm sure she won't post it online or anything," Sage exclaimed, half gawking into the phone.



"Of course it won't go online! It's going in the fire!And it better be the only one!" Morris replied while shaking the picture at the phone.



"Whatever, but that's the only copy and I have the proofs of it so it's not going to go anywhere," Sage said wanting to finally hang up and scream because Morris was going too far about this whole ordeal.



"You said it was the only copy! I want the proofs too then!" Morris exclaimed.



"What was that, Mo?" Sage asked into the phone, making static noises. "I can't hear you. Mo? Hello?" /Click/. Sage hung up the phone.



"Sage? Sage! I know you're there! Sage!" Morris yelled into the phone. When he was convinced she hung up, he hung up his phone and tried dialing the number again.



Meghan tackled him to the floor. "Hey! What are you doing, Meghan?" Morris exclaimed.



The phone flew out of his hand when he hit the floor. When he went to reach for it, Meghan pinned his arms to the floor. "Morris, this is the last time I'm going to say this. There's nothing wrong with the picture. It's cute. Yes, it's cute because Jayden's in it, but it's cute nonetheless. Leave it at that and stop being so damn stubborn headed and let it go," Meghan told him as she straddled him and held his arms tight.



"Her skirt is-"



"-/blowing /upwards: nothing more and nothing less. It's an innocent picture," Meghan cut him off and looked him square in the eyes.



Jayden rolled her eyes and nonchalantly walked over to the couple and took the photograph out of her father's hand. "Please get a room and not the living room next time," she said and smiled sweetly as she left the living room to go to her room.



"Jayden, I want that picture!" Morris bellowed. He wanted to say more, but caught the look in Meghan's eyes and decided against it. Instead he smiled at his wife and settled for, "Fine, she can keep it."



"She better be able to keep it," Meghan replied with astraight face.



Morris nodded and repeated, "She can keep it." He lifted his head up and puckered his lips for a kiss since he couldn't reach Meghan's lips because her head was too far away.



Meghan smiled and kissed her husband and let go of his arms. She pushed herself up and said, "Now, get to bed before you cause anymore trouble, Mr. Delancey."



"Yes ma'am!" Morris said after he stood up, clicked his heels together and saluted her. Then he smiled and took off out of the room before Meghan could hit him for his smartass remark.



Shaking her head, Meghan followed suit, turning off the light as she left the room and made sure the kitchen wasn't tore up from Morris's habit of leaving the silverware drawer and all the cabinet doors open. Satisfied, she went to bed.
Sign up to rate and review this story