Categories > Anime/Manga > Eyeshield 21 > Pro or Joe

Pro or Joe

by DamnES21Mutt 0 reviews

Hiruma's computer gets a virus.

Category: Eyeshield 21 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Hiruma - Published: 2007-09-22 - Updated: 2007-09-23 - 2446 words - Complete

0Unrated
"I'm going to fucking kill this person when I find them!" Hiruma suddenly burst out at his laptop in the semi-quiet clubhouse. Mamori looked over at him, shocked at his outburst.
"Hiruma-kun! Will you please stop using such vulgar language?!" Mamori frowned at him, but his eyes were only for his computer and he was still mumbling profanity beneath his breath at the electronic machine in his lap. Mamori sighed and returned to sweeping. Hiruma eventually calmed back down and went back to normal.
A beep sounded and Hiruma paused in his typing, Mamori glanced over and his look seemed to be... puzzled?
"What the..." he clicked on something and then started cursing. "That's it! The fucking last time! I'm going to find that computer-fucker and ruin his life so bad he'll-" Mamori hit him with her broom and he turned on her in rage. Another beep saved the manager from her death. He clicked on the "New Mail" alert and read the e-mail.
Cussing at your computer doesn't work y'know... and seriously, you can't kill me if you can't find me. I'm on a job, all of your files are going to be deleted if you can't stop me... which you can't, unless you're as smart as my employer says you are.
'Employer?' Hiruma thought. 'So it's not someone who has anything against me per se... more of a hire on rather than do your own work.'
Figure this out and you are as smart as they say, I'll restore the files I've already deleted and remove the three viruses and one worm that are currently in your computer. (All of my making, cute, ne? =^w^=)
'A girl?! A damned girl is worming through my computer?!' He snarled at the thought and Mamori looked over at him, his features twisted in anger and disbelief that his security on his laptop was broken by one. Damn. Girl... or a gay guy, but he highly doubted it. Mamori shrank to the other side of the club, she'd never seen him this angry, and she'd never seen him look this much like a demon straight from the pits of hell.
So... here's my question to you...
"Where did the Magic start? Simply, New Eagle Penn.
4 rings
3 are Most Valuable
Thrown to the team, never the enemy
Have you figured it out to end your plight?
If no then here we go! ?
If it's a hairless monkey,
then rest assured,
You've named him from a king,
Calm and sure,
Over 30 last/four.
That's all I'll say, let me know... if you're a PRO, or a JOE."
-----
That was a week ago. And Hiruma's mood was getting worse and worse with every correspondence with this girl. He'd e-mailed her back with a tracker attached to one of the letters in a word (the smaller it was, the harder to detect) ... he'd received it back with another virus. Any time he wasn't practicing with the team or turning over the question in his head, he was on his laptop trying to trace the e-mails and find his antagonist. A few e-mails gave clues, others just impatiently asked for his answer. He'd attempted to copy all his files to a flash drive, but an error always came up, like she'd stopped his computer from being able to receive things through the USB Ports or any other drive that might export information, he'd tried sending it in an e-mail to another computer, when he'd accessed the e-mail, it had fried the hard drive on the computer, much to his annoyance. (And the sadness of the owner of the computer.)
He mulled over the extra tips constantly:

68% beyond mortals with 128 as a rating.

Red shirt at the Irish as a Junior.

'Wait... red shirt.' He thought back over everything. 'That could mean lots of thing though... or it could mean one thing... that she is referring to college football.' Hiruma stood, no matter that he was in the middle of class and walked briskly to the school computer lab.
"Hn, you think you're so smart..." he started typing as soon as the Internet window popped up. "Why the hell didn't I see this before...? Hairless monkey... named after a king... Magic begins in New Eagle, Penn... Pennsylvania in other words..." he muttered absently to himself as he pulled out his black book in which he'd copied the whole thing into.
Where did the Magic start? Simply, New Eagle Penn. he changed 'Penn.' to 'Pennsylvania' and looked at the next line... came up with nothing so he skipped down to the next one he could make sense of.
If it's a hairless monkey then rest assured, clearly referring to Taro Raimon... or Monta. That cleared the next sentence and Hiruma smirked, his anger and frustration at the girl flashing briefly to respect. That lasted for .00000000000000000000000000000001 seconds maximum though, and he had a small idea of the answer.
You've named him from a king, King of Comebacks... the phrase and nickname flashed through his mind. "Kekeke... that's it!" He stood and turned off the computer, sweeping out of the room and to the club house where his laptop's screen blinked with a "New Mail" alert.
So you've figured it out?
Hiruma typed a reply quickly. "Yeah, I've figured out your damn answer... Joe Montana."
About time, explain my riddle to me. Was her immediate reply.
"Joe Montana was born in New Eagle Pennsylvania. You were counting on me thinking that the extra 'n' was just a typo."
That's not the whole thing, but yes... that is what happened as well, is it not?
"4 rings... he won four Super Bowls. 3 are Most Valuable, he was MVP in three of those Super Bowls. Thrown to the team, never the enemy... he never threw an interception." This is where he stopped and sent it.
Good... that's correct.
"You've been spying on my team, right?"
Meh, I dabble in security cameras... not that hard so I just leave them out of my hacking jobs unless I feel the need for a muse, really.
"If it's a hairless monkey, rest assured, you've named him from a king, calm and sure... You're talking about Monta, I told him that he got that nickname from Joe Montana- the "Comeback King". Montana was always calm and never phased in his games."
Not bad... nods keep goin'.
"'Over 30 last/four' ... he threw 31 last quarter comeback victories. '... let me know if you're PRO or a JOE...' that was a big hint. He played in PRO football and his first name is JOE...
'68% beyond mortals with 128 as a rating' ... in his four Super Bowls he completed 68% of his passes... and his quarterback rating could be rounded off to 128 from 127.8, no one knows how the rating is computed besides the Elias Sports Bureau, they know that 127.8 is a figure beyond mortal men. Redshirt at the Irish as a Junior, Joe Montana was Redshirted in the college of Notre Dame as a Junior." Hiruma hit send and a box appeared that said "13GB restored!" after he'd closed that one another popped up with "Viruses and worms expelled!"
Very good... but you still haven't found me yet! ^_^
"Or so you think..." Hiruma smirked as a window popped up in front of him with a computerized "YA-HA~!" the Deimon Devil Bat Mascot hovered in the corner with a devilish grin, it flapped it's wings excitedly as if to keep it in one place. A Street Address was printed in red along with an IP Address and some other information about the computer that he was currently corresponding with.
You bastard!
"Hehe, what'd I do?" Was his 'innocent' reply.
What the hell is this virus? ... worm... what IS IT?!
"A Devil Bat's revenge." He cackled to himself at what he knew was happening to her computer. Windows started popping up everywhere and if someone had been there to see him, they would have seen the equivalent of a baby demon with a great new toy. He had direct access to her files, everything.
He copied everything to a file on his computer and locked out all other computer access except for the infected one, which his was protected from the particular virus, so e-mail correspondence was still possible without endangering his own laptop. The virus he'd sent prevented the worm that the virus had created automatically from bouncing back to the computer that it originated from. This was his own virus that could be removed easily... but only by himself.
... you're a twisted person... v_v"
"You started this."
No, this is my client's fault...
All the while that he was replying and taunting the girl he was scanning her files quickly, reading everything.
Free-lance hacker as a side business and something to do when she was bored. Worked for all manner of agencies and criminals.
Her school site popped up and he looked at it. "Fort Hood High School of Technology and Computers." He muttered and clicked on the link that she used most... something called 'GradeSpeed' 'Parent Connection', the username was saved, he used a program to find out the last thing typed into the password box and pressed 'Enter'.
There was an option bar to the left and printed in the middle of the screen against a light blue background was:
Welcome to GradeSpeed Parent Connection!

Use the links on the left to view information about your students or to manage your account. Use the drop down box to select which student you are currently viewing.
Hiruma clicked on the down arrow to display the students on the account. There were two. One boy, and one girl. "Brandon and Brandy York? This says weird parents all over it." He muttered and clicked on the 'student info' button on the left side of the screen. The two were twins, they were both in the tenth grade and the boy played football, all but flunking his other classes other than Athletics... while the girl was top student in her computers classes, acing everything except Physical Education. "How can you fail something so trivial as Phys. Ed. and be making a 105 in Advanced Placement Computer Science and Maintenance?" Hiruma e-mailed Brandy.
I'm not failing it! Wait... crap, you've got all my files, huh?
"How perceptive of you." Hiruma smirked as she took a while to reply.
You really are a pro... you win. She sent an animated picture of a stick figure falling down some stairs. Hiruma's smirk widened and he gave one last reply.
"Cross the devil and he'll take you to hell... Devil's Vengeance will exhaust itself in about a week, have fun having no internet access until then. YA-HA~!" He typed in a quick code to the window that Devil Bat was hovering in and she didn't reply. Hiruma sat back, flipping out his cell phone.
-----
Brandy sat in her room, cross legged on her bed, staring at the phrase she'd last received:
YA-HA~!
"He... I... what..." she called her client with fumbling fingers. This was not part of the deal, she'd only been told to hand his head to him and show him that there were better high schoolers out there at technology than him... it never involved her own computer getting hurt... the guy had just said to have fun with it.
"Yo." Was his answer.
"My computer is being eaten by a virus, this... demon knows everything about me, and has all of my files, I have no access to the internet and if you even THINK that this was just because of my stupidity then you can go..." she trailed off at the cackle that was coming from her disposable cell phone. "... what. The. Hell. Is so. Funny?!" She spat into the receiver with venom in her voice.
"You played my game amazingly well." She could now recognize the voice as the same one form the surveillance cameras... the voice belonging to... Hiruma Yoichi. "But I'm sorry... I seem to have won. You've now suffered the effects of what happens when you get too far in over your head." The high cackle resumed again and she flushed.
"You... you tricked me!" She was close to tears at the unfairness of it all. Hiruma could hear this in her voice.
"You... you tried to hack me!" He mocked with a sneer in his voice. "Honestly, you seriously thought you could just let me go and not get anything back? And you also thought that you could get into my system that easily? Who the fuck are you kidding?"
"... how can you do this? You're only a year older than me and... always preoccupied with football or... stuff." She finished lamely.
"Stuff," he repeated and she could see the smirk on his face at her bad reply. "Well, yeah, but no. Any who... I'm just wasting your time being miserable, now aren't I? I still have to organize and delete some stuff from my new information. You can bet you'll hear from me in the future, Joe." The line went dead before she could reply. In this game, she was the JOE... and he- the PRO- forced her to give him a way into her system.
"If I hadn't e-mailed him..." she smacked herself for her stupidity and sighed before pulling out a laptop from under her bed and sliding a Sprint portable internet card into the acceptor on the side.
"Oh well... guess I'll have to be Jane Thormer for a while." She muttered and shut off her desktop she'd been using that was infected with the Devil's Vengeance virus. He'd cut it off from the networks so there was no way her laptop would get it. Besides, they were on different internet networks. Now was the time for the second round of this game, a game she was determined to win... no matter how many of her aliases she lost in the process. She started her search under the keywords "Hiruma Yoichi" and from there, she learned as much as she could about the demonic teen. "Two can play the information game, but only one can change who they are." She muttered as she searched.
-----
"AGAIN?!" Hiruma Yoichi's voice could be heard for miles... his computer was acting flaky, like it had a virus... but this virus he didn't plan, and all of his security features were up and running. He started snarling and cussing at his laptop and whoever was behind it's odd actions as a laughing girl watched from the security camera in the club house.
"Round two to me..." she sat back and stared at her ceiling. "Your move, Yoichi."
Sign up to rate and review this story