Categories > Anime/Manga > Eyeshield 21 > Pro or Joe

You Comin' or What?

by DamnES21Mutt 0 reviews

It's Hiruma's revenge and his philosophy is: mess with the devil, the devil messes with you.

Category: Eyeshield 21 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Hiruma - Published: 2007-09-28 - Updated: 2007-09-29 - 2644 words - Complete

1Funny
It had been a month since Hiruma had gotten a virus from his opponent in the game of infecting one another's computers and he was wondering why she was taking so long. He'd been impressed with how many of her there actually were... he'd seen five different names that still pointed to the same person and now he waited for her to make her move... like a chess game in which you can bring back a piece after you've moved a pawn across the board. Or in this case, a virus to the others computer and you get their files, information and other such stuffs as only computer experts can name.

"Have you noticed that Hiruma-san has been a little on edge lately?" Hiruma's thoughts were interrupted by Monta questioning Mamori. It was true for the most part. He'd been testier than usual lately, but that's only because he suspects something... bigger than the usual viruses and riddles on a myriad of subjects, from football, to guns, to computers, to American singers and stars and even foods, you could never pre-determine the girl's answers, and sometimes he'd have to answer two or three to get her to retract the virus. He'd noticed that she never touched the files while she had them... never opened, copied, modified, nothing. Hiruma came to the conclusion that she was just bored and also wanted to test out her... /cute/, as she called them... creations that could send even the most advanced computer into hysterics. Hiruma had been studying her viruses a bit and found an anti-virus for almost all of the old ones that he'd seen already.

He was still good on his death threat to the girl... Brandy. He'd lately been trying to find out who she really was. He'd gone to internet sites that she'd visited, but no one had any clue what he was talking about... no forum had any clue who 'Brandy' was, or her screen name... 'BraH4Xndy'.

"Well... the next game is a few days away." Mamori answered the monkey's question.

"... but it's a scrimmage against the Okira Pandas. They're even worse than the Cupids." Number one of the three damn brothers, Jumonji, spoke. "Not like he'd stress over something like that... and besides he hasn't put down his computer in the last few hours."

"So what else could it be?" Togano asked, Hiruma heard his chair creak as he leaned back in it.

"Maybe an internet girlfriend?" Kuroki, the less practical of the three suggested, earning a bullet to his backside and dumbfounded looks from the rest of the team. "What?" He asked and Hiruma finally looked up from his computer, not even having looked up to shoot Kuroki.

"What I do on my computer is none of your damn business... if you're going to talk like I'm not in the room then move to another." Hiruma said, an irritable twitch in his eye. The thought that flashed through everyone's minds was the same, 'he'd still probably be able to hear us...'

Hiruma just gave a 'hn' and went back to typing on his laptop. A "New Mail" alert popped up... but it was to Brandy's e-mail address, not his own. He scanned the sender's information.

Internet cafe` in San Francisco, California. Sent from e-mail address: brandy_virus_grl@yahoo.com. You may not send a reply, the account was deleted 00:02:07 ago. The second numbers in the third spot on the timer ticked up for every second that passed.

"Damn Yahoo..." Hiruma cursed the free e-mail site and opened the message after finding that there was nothing attached or embedded.

Numbers and letters in all kinds of fonts and languages popped up in the message. 'The e-mail?! The e-mail itself is the virus!' Hiruma glared at the screen in front of him as the page scrolled down to the end where there was a message.

You are formally invited to attend WAC(H)! One of our Admins hopes to see you there!

'/Admins/? Geek conventions are so gay...' Hiruma thought and read through the rest of the message.

So, you going to accept my invite? I can't take this virus off without direct access to your computer! ^_^"

Hiruma thought of deleting the e-mail and just copying everything the hard way to another computer... although some things couldn't be copied manually with out a link to the computer so he scratched that idea. He scrolled down a bit to find an inactive link to the WAC(H)website, he copied it and pasted it into his browser window.

An impressive site popped up that said:



"Welcome to the World Association of Computers (Hackers branch)"


Hiruma looked around on the site a bit but then his computer took over itself and scrolled down to a comment left by an admin.

BraHAXndy: Hey, Hiruma! You comin' or what?

"Oh, I'm going alright... and you're not going back to America unharmed." Hiruma frowned and the page scrolled down to display the date and time of the convention. "From 5 AM to 10PM tomorrow, huh? At Tokyo convention center...." Hiruma recorded this information in his mind. 'I wonder...' he clicked the login on the convention site and typed in 'ProHiruma' and the password 'BraHAXndy'.

Welcome, Hiruma Yoichi!

"Hn..." he scrolled down and pressed 'Reply' on Brandy's post.

"Hell yeah." He then clicked the 'Send' button and shut off his computer. This was it, he was tired of her games, viruses and ultimately the was she screwed around with making him feel like he had the upper hand and that she was just a naive teenage girl, when she was actually smarter than he expected... but still, this girl would not get away with messing with his computer.

The day of the convention was a Saturday so Hiruma went to school until one o'clock, as usual, and then went on his evilly merry way to the convention. He reached the Tokyo convention center around two and looked around, three fourths of the people there were playing on laptops- some even walking while using them.

The ticket teller looked up when Hiruma walked past her and her hand grabbed the back of his uniform jacket, reflexes no doubt honed from intense gaming. "You have to pay to get in, sir." She informed him when he glanced at her and brushed her hand roughly from his jacket. She was already deemed an American from her accent, and therefore couldn't be expected to know whose jacket she had grabbed. Hiruma turned to face her with a frown and she cocked her head to the side. "Yoichi Hiruma." She said and flipped through the stacks of papers that littered the table and looked at something.

"Yeah, what of it?" He raised an eyebrow at her after a few seconds of silence and her scanning the papers.

"Follow me, please," she never looked up as she spoke. She spoke into a walkie-talkie softly but Hiruma heard every word she said. "Cover for me, Bran's guest is here." He was looking disinterestedly about him, yet still paying close attention to what the girl was saying.

'So she's Brandy again...' he thought and followed the girl to a door that she unlocked and let him through.

"Last door on the left." She said before closing the door, the audible click of the lock sounded foreign in the empty hallway.

"Hn..." Hiruma walked down the hall and turned to the last door. He tried the knob- it was locked. Studying the keypad for a second Hiruma punched in a two digit number and the door slid open with a pressurized whoosh.

"Hiruma-sama... nice of you to have come." A high school girl sat in a swivel chair with an almost identical boy standing next to her. The wall behind them was made up of plasma screens and on the desk immediately behind her rested a mouse and keyboard. The boy had light brown hair and was tan from being outdoors, he was fit and looked to be a great athlete.

'Brandon...' Hiruma thought, remembering her having a 'twin.' Brandy, however, was pale and her hair was a darker brown from lack of sun- unlike her brother.

"So, how are you loving my newest virus?" She grinned widely like a kid who'd just achieved what they'd previously thought impossible.

"It's annoying." Hiruma stated with a frown.

"How blunt." Still smiling. "If you have any complaints about it, just remember you started this."

"I'm aware of that." Hiruma shrugged and pulled out his laptop from what appeared to be nowhere- as he usually did. "Now remove it from my computer." He held the Sony VAIO out in front of him.

"Sony, eh?" She took the laptop and opened it with care and grace. She'd obviously spent too much time with laptops, she handled it like a mother does a baby. "FE Series VGN 890, nice choice. Thought about getting one of these but then I saw the AlienWare laptops." She grinned as she booted it up. "This is great for a multi-tasker, which you obviously are, very portable... nice 15.4 inch display as well." She pulled out a paper from her pocket and started typing on his computer.

"So your real name is Brandy York." Hiruma sat in a comfortable swivel chair that had been nearby and crossed one leg over the other, looking around the room while she worked.

"A case of idiocy on my part... I should have used one of my alter identities. But yes, I'm Brandy York, this is my brother: Brandon. Say 'hi,' Brad." She gestured vaguely in her brother's direction while still typing quickly with one hand.

Brandon seemed to relax and he smiled shyly at Hiruma. "Sorry, my sister's an evil brat."

"I blame the parents not the sibling." Hiruma nodded at Brandon.

"Good, I wouldn't want to get on your bad side." Brandon commented, resting his elbows on the back of his sister's chair and leaning heavily on it, making it tilt back a bit.

"Brandon, do I have to slap you in the face with this laptop?" Brandy asked in irritation. Hiruma chuckled at the threat and Brandon shrugged making the chair wobble before pushing off of it just as she finished typing.

"Hm..." she clicked a few things with the mouse, typed a few letters and then used the mouse again. "There we go..." she moved the mouse a bit more, tapping it lightly to click and then close the laptop after the light stopped shinning on her face meaning that she'd shut it off. "Virus gone, worm gone." She handed it back to Hiruma who was sitting across from her. "Does this mean I win?" That damned grin again.

"Yes, I suppose so." Hiruma nodded regretfully. "You don't mind if I hang around the convention a bit, do you?" He asked politely. Brandy's eyes suddenly looked guarded and her grin faltered slightly.

"Now why would you want to do that?" She asked, leaning back in her chair and stretching her arms back to the grip the top.

Hiruma shrugged, "I've never been to one before. It looks like... fun." His smile was disarming and his voice was light.

"Hm... it's a moderately free country." Brandy swiveled in her chair and started typing on the computer, a screen with video feed from all over the convention popped up. "You will be watched." She warned, though Hiruma couldn't see her face, he knew she was frowning- she'd probably hoped he would have just gotten his laptop fixed and left.

"Of course, I'm such an untrustworthy person, after all." Hiruma replied as he rose, the laptop disappeared back into it's secret place. Brandon waved slightly as Hiruma disappeared through the door and walked straight into the convention center.

"Brandon..." Brandy was watching the spiky blonde hair bob through the crowds.

"Yeah, sis?" He asked as he watched the camera with her, leaning on the back of the chair again.

"I'm scared." She admitted just before the blonde hair stopped at a booth with a sign, 'Are You A Champion Typer? Come try and beat the high score and win a free AlienWare laptop!'

"Why? Just because of that highs core?" Brandon asked as Hiruma Yoichi sat down and started typing. The way the game worked was you typed in words as fast as you could from the little cluster that came up on the screen, your score was tallied according to speed and accuracy.

"No..." she trailed off as he apparently finished the test in about one minute. The results of the test and the order that he typed the words popped up on her screen. There were five levels, ten words each.

Level 1Sorry
Outside
Inside
Line
Ink
Exit
Down
Yellow
Over
Under
Level 2Descript
Opaque
Nauseous
Tassel
Waddle
Insulin
Navigable
Intellect
Demonic
Octagon
Level 3Yodel
Optometrist
Unequal
Rattle
Lotus
Instigate
Teenager
Telephone
Loophole
Evacuate
Level 4Compound
Orchestral
Nonconformist
Vivacious
Etiquette
Neanderthal
Three-score
Instrumental
Ourselves
Noncommittal
Level 5Insignificance
Sulfurous
Dramatize
Outpolled
Outdistanced
Monotonously
European
Dreamlessness
Yachtsman
Harangue
"Brandon..." Brandy had grabbed her brother's sleeve and was staring at the screen, her face was paler than usual and Brandon was starting to worry.

"What's wrong? Yeah, he beat your score, but you look like the world's about to end." Brandon frowned.

"You don't see it do you?" She asked, her eyes flicked up and down as she speed read the list about five times.

"See what?" He knew his sister was able to pick out patterns and counted it as one of her hobbies, but had no clue what she was seeing.

"So I lied, you don't win. I do. Your little convention is doomed... Ya-Ha." She said, staring at the screen.

"... Brandy, I think your obsession with this guy is going kind of far..." Brandon said with a bit of uncertainty. Brandy's chair whirled around and her hand came up to catch his arms before he fell on her, his face was an inch from hers.

"No! It has not! He... he... he's... argh." She pushed him back and swirled her chair again, his elbows landed on the back of her chair again as she started moving the mouse around on the screen in front of her. "This.... this... here... backspace..." pretty soon, Brandon was staring at the screen in wonder.

"Well... shit, that's cool." Brandon smiled at the screen that, indeed, had the letters 'S-O-I-L-I-E-D-Y-O-U-D-O-N-T-W-I-N-I-D-O-Y-O-U-R-L-I-T-T-L-E-C-O-N-V-E-N-T-I-O-N-I-S-D-O-O-M-E-D-Ya-Ha' at the first of every word that he typed.

" 'Cool'? 'COOL'?! ARE YOU DENSE?! That's flipping /scary/! Not /cool/!" Brandy snarled at him and he moved away from her chair. "What's he going to do? It's... I'm..." Brandon saw tears of helplessness well in his sister's eyes.

"Brandy... maybe you're over thinking this a little bi-" he was cut off by a large bang that echoed around the convention center and rocked the foundation. Both twins stared into identical eyes, one confused the other scared out of her mind.

"I've never met my match in intellect, logic, plans, or computers..." Brandy said as another bang rocked the convention center.

"Bran..." Brandon sighed as another bomb went off. "Let's stop talking like we're in a badly story and run." Brandy saw the logic that her brother had and nodded, standing and heading out a back door with him following her from behind.

Hiruma Yoichi sat with his legs crossed and a Barrett M-82A1 XM107 across his knees as he rubbed at a particularly stubborn stain. "Hn... that was easy." He muttered as the stain wiped away.

Hiruma stood and started walking toward the train station, he wouldn't want to be late for afternoon football practice after all. Making bombs on the spot took quite a bit of time, then actually hitting them was the real challenge, but what was life without it's challenges?
Sign up to rate and review this story