Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Alterations

Team LEAF's Beginning Impression

by Milord-Whisp 0 reviews

A reporter encounters Naruto, the actor. Naruto begins to tell the reporter of the unknown team never mentioned in the series.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Hayate,Naruto,Sakura,Sasuke - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-09-26 - Updated: 2007-10-04 - 2626 words

0Unrated
Naruto Characters (c) Masashi Kishimoto
Original Character, Lu, An, Ed, Sensei Fay (c) Me, the person writing this fan-fiction.

---- ---- ---- ----
The news reporter entered the set, watching as the characters of the Naruto series sat in their chairs rehearsing their lines from the script in their hands. Watching as each person went back and forth from the stage, each doing their individual importance to make sure everything went perfectly. The reporter’s eye then caught the sight of bright yellow hair that was spiked sitting down drinking from a small juice box. Knowing all too well that he would of course know who they were meaning to find about, the correspondent walked over to the main character of the series and sat across from them in an open chair.

“Excuse me, Naruto?”

Naruto looked over to the person in front of him. “Can I help you?” he asked.

“I’m a reported from Ginko,” they introduced politely, extending a hand out to shake his. The young man gladly accepted the shake, smiling back in return for the smile given.

Naruto sat back in his chair, getting comfortable as he closed the script in his lap. “Are you here for an interview?” he asked.

“Yes and no,” the Ginko employee answered. “I’m here to actually find out about the group of ninja within the series that was not only never mention, but as well cut out from the entire story-line.”

Naruto let out a sigh and scratched the side of his face using his right index finger. “Well, I didn’t expect this to ever really come up. Besides with my friends on stage, of course.”

The reported smile with excitement, taking out a notepad and pen, as well as a tape recorder, turning it on. “Naruto, can you tell us how different the series was with these unknown characters, and just who they are?”

Naruto smiled happily, his eyes turning into crescents. “You bet! The series was way different with team LEAF in it.”

“Team LEAF?”

Naruto nodded. “That’s what the group of ninja in the series was known as because of the first letter of their names. They first entered the story before the Chuunin Exams were announced, so before that the story-line was still the same. In the series they definitely made a first impression to team Kakashi.”


Team LEAF’s Beginning Impression


The villagers of Konoha walked the streets as they began their daily routines. From the roof top of a small house sat a young girl whose long brown-red hair followed the direction of the gentle breeze. She looked out at the village and the large buildings that rouse form the ground, her fingers tapping in a wave on the roof. She let out an irritated sigh as her hand closed into a fist. Walking over to the edge she bent down to where the window was and looked inside. “You guys need to HURRY UP!” she shouted inside, echoing off the walls.

“I’LL COME OUT WHEN I’M GOOD AN READY!” came a reply.

Flipping onto the window sill she stepped inside and placed her hands on her hips. “Ed, if you know what’s good for you, you’ll get your sorry behind out here right now!” She shouted in an annoyed matter.

Naruto - “Lu was a really loud person in the series and tended to yell a lot. Mainly at her own teammates. Especially Ed.”

A girl walked into the dining room table as she fixed her multicolored hair back with a clamp. “Sorry to keep you waiting, Lu-Chan. I couldn’t find my hair clamp.” Lu rolled her eyes to the side and looked to the clock on in the kitchen’s wall, letting out a groan. The girl walked from the dining room to the kitchen, checking the clock as Lu had. “Lu, if I may ask, don’t we have an hour before meeting with Sensei Fay?”

Lu looked at her teammate with surprise. “Who cares about Sensei Fay?” she question. “We’re going to visit team Neji!”

Reporter - “Visit team Neji? Isn‘t it suppose to be team Gai?”
Naruto - “[sarcasm] Yeah. Tell that to Lu.”


“Lu, I don’t think Ed is going to like getting up this early just so see someone,” she told her.

“Why is that, An?” questioned a voice from the dining room.

Naruto - “Now, since Lu is more of the aggressive person in the team, An is the very nice once with an odd personality.”

Both girls turned in the direction of the voice and saw a young with mid-neck length dark hair standing there, a firm look in his eyes. “Well, it’s about time you got out here,” Lu stated, ignoring his question towards An.

Ed glared at Lu, not happy in being ignored when asking questions. “Why won’t I like getting up this early besides it actually being this early?” he asked.

Lu raised a finger and gave a wink towards her fellow ninja. “You’ll like it, so come on and let’s get going already before we’re late.” The being said she jumped out of the window and onto the roof top of another home. “Hurry up!”

An looked at Ed and smiled. “If it makes you feel any more secure about this, we’re going to see Sensei Fay right after,” An told him in a reassuring voice.

Ed rolled his eyes and walked over to the window. “Let’s get this over with.” With said both ninjas left the house, following Lu to their destination.

Naruto - “Ed is basically a paranoid person in the group. Honestly, he reminds me of Shino though. Not the actor, of course, but the character he plays in the series.”
Reporter - “Naruto, I’ve noticed something about the character’s names. They’re only two letters. Do you know why that is?”
Naruto - “Actually, I don’t. But that’s just their nicknames.”
Reported - “I see. So in their first appearance, what exactly is the first impression that they make on team seven?”
Naruto - “[smiles] Well…”


“Where in the world is Kakashi Sensei?!” Sakura bellowed into the air. Naruto and Sasuke, her fellow teammates and genin from the Hidden Leaf Village, were looking away from one another. They truly hadn’t been the same towards one another since returning from their last mission in handling Zabuza and Haku on what is now known as the Great Naruto Bridge.

Naruto looked over the railing of the bridge that they were standing on, watching the stream bellow them reflect his image and that of the sky. Sasuke was leaning against the railing with his eyes closed and arms crossed. Sakura had her arms on her hips and tapped her foot impatiently waiting for Kakashi, even though he did this most, if not all, of the time.

“There aren’t any more BUILDINGS!” came a loud scream from above them.

Looking left and right to see no one in their sights, their eyes finally looked upward to the sky, seeing three figures coming down quickly. The first figure came down into the stream, making the water erupt upward, soaking Naruto and Sasuke quite a bit. If not bad enough, while their eyes squinted in anger the other two figures landed on top of them.

Sakura watched in complete shock from the sidelines with her jaw dropped. “That was an unpleasant drop,” Ed stated, standing up and dusting his clothes.

An stood to her feet from where she landed, groaning in pain. “Agreed, Ed,” she commented. Looking around the area wandered where Lu was. “Where did Lu land?”

“In the stream, god dammit!” she shouted from below.

An and Ed looked over the ledge of the bridge, seeing Lu sitting on the edge of the stream. “Are you alright, Lu?” An asked.

“Yeah, I’m okay!” she replied. “My legs are just in pain. I landed on my feet when I hit the water.”

“Stop playing around, Lu,” Ed said.

“Shut the hell up, Ed!” she shouted angrily in response.

“HEY!” came two voices in unison, holding great anger in them. Turning around both ninja looked at two other ninja who were not only soaked but appeared to have been in pain.

“What?” Ed questioned in a rude manner.

“Who the heck do you guys think you are?! Landing on us and then not even apologizing because you did it?!” Naruto was furious, which was noticed not only by the tone of his voice but as well as his gesture of pointing vigorously.

Both ninja blinked, remembering as to what happened. They had left their home and were headed towards the forest where Neji’s team usually trained. But due to Ed and Lu arguing along the way and An trying to calm them both down they ended up losing track of where they were heading. Before they knew it, their feet had left the safety of the roof tops and onto nothing but air.

Realizing what had truly happened, An bowed at Naruto. “I am so sorry!” she apologized, feeling utterly bad. “We’re just in a huge hurry, Naruto!”

In hearing his name, not only did Naruto become more suspicious of them, but as did Sakura and Sasuke.

“Who are you two?” Sasuke asked firmly.

“Technically there’s three of us,” An corrected.

“Nobody cares about Lu at the moment,” Ed stated.

“Ed! An! What’s going on up there? Who are you guys talking to?” Lu stood to her feet and was now looking at the back of her teammates. No response came from them. Finding it a bit odd for An to be ignoring her she decided to jump up onto the ledge of the bridge, just in time to come into a little argument.

“A ninja with half a brain knows when to dodge something that’s coming towards them!” Ed shouted. “But I guess you two just don’t have one.”

“Like you’re one to talk!” Naruto retorted.

“Now what’s going on?” Lu asked, raising an eyebrow.

“While you landed in the stream, we landed on Naruto and Sasuke,” An answered with a bit of embarrassment. “I apologized to Naruto but Ed didn’t, and then this argument started.”

“How do you know their names?” Sakura inquired.

“We know their names and your names through our sensei, Sakura,” Ed answered her.

“Your sensei?” Sasuke questioned. “Who exactly is your sensei?”

“What is this, ‘Twenty Questions’, Sasuke?” Lu questioned, jumping onto the bridge now. “Uzumaki Naruto, the village idiot-”

“Village idiot?!” Naruto repeated.

“-Haruno Sakura, the person who needs protection in every mission-”

“Excuse me?!” she shouted angrily.

“-and Uchiha Sasuke, the little “emo” of the group.”

“Emo?” he questioned.

Reporter - “Emo?”
Naruto - “You gotta admit that Sasuke’s emo in the series. He’s like the biggest emo in it!”
Reporter - “…True. Continue on.”


“That’s what my first impression of you three was and still is when our sensei told us of you three and when we actually saw you,” she explained. “Amongst the three of you, I think Naruto is the only true ninja. No matter how big of a knucklehead he is.” There was silence in the conversation as Lu walked towards Sasuke, stopping a foot away from him. “But you, Uchiha Sasuke, are someone I don’t like.”

“What do you have against us?” Naruto shouted more than asked.

“We don’t have anything against you or your team, Naruto,” An answered.

“We just think you guys suck,” Ed added.

“Ed, that’s not helping the situation,” An stated.

“I wasn’t trying to,” he replied. “I was just telling them the truth.”

“Enough said,” Lu said herself. “We have better things to do than argue with these idiots.”

“You make me sick,” Sasuke said after hearing them. Everyone on the bridge turned their attention to him. “You have no damn right to call us idiots or to even insult us.”

Reporter - “So Lu, the character in the series, doesn’t like Sasuke?”
Naruto - “Not one bit. Because of that it causes a lot of conflict between the two teams.”


There was an awkward silence for a moment before Lu smirked towards the young Uchiha. “You’re right. I shouldn’t be insulting you three. For that I apologize. But I don’t apologize for this.” Sasuke dodged the punch that she had thrown at him straight forward, but not the kick to his stomach that sent him flying over the side of the bridge and into the stream. The sound of the splash sounded in his teammates ears as they rushed to the side in worry.

“Sasuke, are you alright?” Sakura questioned worriedly. Sasuke got to his feet as he turned to the side to see the three ninja.

“Hopefully we don’t see one another again until the time truly comes,” Lu told him, waving her hand to say ‘goodbye’ to him. Sasuke merely glared at her and gritted his teeth in anger.

“We’re very sorry that we caused such trouble for you all,” An apologized.

“Sorry? Who’s sorry?” Ed questioned. “This is the best thing that’s happened this week since sensei bought us an entire box of unopened pocky. And that was a lot of pocky. But compared to Lu kicking Sasuke’s ass right now, it just makes that pocky seem a little bit inferior. Not a lot of course, but just a little.“

An chuckled at his little rant and turned to Lu who was still staring at the young boy. “Lu, we should get going before we miss you-know-who and before we’re late to see sensei.”

The young girl looked from the Uchiha boy to the pink haired girl and then to the spiky-headed blonde boy beside her. “Okay then,” she replied, smiling joyfully, as if nothing had happened only moments ago. “We’re going to have to make it quick though, if we’re going to make it to the meeting spot.” She turned back to Sasuke, seeing him rise to his feet. Water dripped from his dark hair as his clothes clung to his lean body. “Until we meet again, Sas-kun.” With that the team was gone, already heading away from the area.

“Oh no you don’t!” Sasuke shouted, disappearing only a few seconds after them.

“Sasuke! Wait!” Sakura and Naruto both followed him in the chase.




“And that was the first impression of team LEAF to the famous team seven,” Naruto finished.

The reporter rested on the arm of the chair in thought. “That’s quite the first impression to make on someone and quite a way to enter a series. I still can’t believe how there’s another character that hates Sasuke besides Itachi.”

Naruto let out a laugh as he leaned forward, elbows resting against the top of his thighs with the script in his hands. “As the series went on it actually got quite funny how much Lu disliked Sasuke. Her teammates made it that much more funnier since Ed was a sarcastic-paranoid jerk, and An was just trying not to cause problems, even though she still spoke her mind and was still truthful.”

The correspondent let out a brief sigh before sitting straight up. “So tell me, what happened after team seven took chase after team LEAF?”

Naruto smiled at the reporter and leaned back in his chair, once again becoming comfortable as he set the script on the table. “More than happy to.”

“To do what?”

Naruto turned to his side and just continued to smile. “Sasuke!”
Sign up to rate and review this story