Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > It Sucks Being Shy

It Sucks Being Shy

by ThePerfectPhase 0 reviews

She meets FOB through her friend Nina whose dating Pete, but sadly she was too shy to say anything she's always been shy it's one of her faults. She's decided that it's time to change and do someth...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2007-10-04 - Updated: 2007-10-04 - 1372 words

0Unrated
A/N: I dont own any of the characters so be nice and review

chapter one


Over the last few years Natalie and her brother in laws sister Nina have grown into somewhat friends, not as good as Natalie and her friend Katie is but close enough to call each other friends. When Natalie heard that Nina was coming back from Chicago to Minnesota for Thanksgiving she was more than happy, ever since Nina moved to Chicago she's had no one to go to concerts with her really and no one to make fun of movies with or be astonished because she hasn't seen a certain movie.

Unfortunately Nina wont be coming for a few more days so she had to wait, in the meantime she is going to be her normal everyday thing, hanging out with friends, working, going out and watching movies and listening to music.

At the moment she works at a small newspaper that underpays it's employee's by a lot, it was the only job that Natalie could really get though and that would hire her. Lately she's been unable to stand being there any longer so she's been sending resumè's all over to place to newspapers, magazine's, really anything that she could possibly get that pays more and is nicer than what she has now.

Natalie has sent resumè's to New York, Boston, Miami, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Seattle, Chicago and Ohio and many, many other places. In school, both high school and college she was known as the writer, if anyone needed help on writing a short story or poem they would go to her for help, she loves to do that it's what she does in her spare time.

If she is offered a job somewhere else, even if it is away from her family and in a different state she is going to jump at the chance, for one she needs to stop relying so heavily on her family to help and she needs to be on her own for once never has she truly been on her own, she's either had her sister or other people to help. For once, just once she wants to see if she can make it on her own and do things her way, not anyone else's but hers. Natalie wants to experience life like she should and be able to see the world outside of Minnesota, all she's ever known is Minnesota, it's due time for a change in her life.

“Natalie, you're going to hate me for being the messenger,” her co-worker and friend Anabelle said to her.

Groaning Natalie looked at her, “What is it?” she asked her really not wanting to know the answer.

“Max, the stupid idiot wants you to have the article in before Thanksgiving or you're fired apparently.” she said to her shaking her head at the idiocy of their boss Max.

Natalie made a face, “I seriously hate him and does he realize I only got that assignment a while ago and now I have two days to finish it.” she had no idea how she was about to finish the article in time, the rest of her nights are going to have to be filled with a lot of caffeine so that she can stay up and write the article most likely.

“I know Nat and if I could help you I would but I have my own work to do and get done before he gets all anal on me.” Anabelle said to her sympathetically.

Nodding at her Natalie felt like screaming, “I'm going to go on a caffeine only diet for the next few days then I guess.” she said to her and Anabelle laughed at that agreeing and headed back over to her desk.

Finally after many hours of being at a desk and mostly doing research and rewriting parts of her article many times and nowhere near finished Natalie was finally home. Thankfully she didn't run into Max before she left it would not have been a pretty sight at all she would have wanted to yell at him or something like that.

Now that she was back at her apartment she changed into something along the lines of more herself, a pair of ripped jeans that were more than a few years old, a light green spaghetti strap shirt and a sweatshirt. It was November, cold and chilly now and snow is just around the corner so it was a timer to be bundling up at.

Just as she was about to put a movie in someone knocked on her front door, sighing and getting up from her comfortable spot on the couch she answered it, it turned out to be her drunk friend Katie and her fiancé Ernie. “Hey Ern, come in.” she said letting the two of them inside.

“I can't believe how much of a lightweight she is, it's not even ten yet and she's drunk.” Ernie said to Natalie as he helped Katie sit on the couch. “Sorry for barging in on you but our ride ditched us and you were the closest.”

She waved it off, “Ern it's fine I don't mind, but seeing that the state Katie is in you two need to get home soon and get to bed, for her sake at least.” Natalie said to him smiling a bit.

So being the nice friend that Natalie is she drove the two home, Katie pointed out every object outside the car that she could remember the name of, so that didn't last long when she's drunk her memory is terrible, worse than Alzheimer's.

“So how has the new job hunting going?” Ernie asked her, even though she met him through one of cousin's and her ex the two of them are close, not excessively so where Katie would want to kill Natalie but enough to be considered friends of sorts.

“The job thing isn't going so well, so far none of the companies have called me back or contacted me.” She said a bit depressed.

Ernie gave her a look, “Well you did just send them in not that long ago right?” he asked her, Natalie made a sour face, she hated it when he was right and even more so when she knew all along that he was right.

“Well I just hope that I get a new job soon, I don't know how much longer I am going to be able to take the dick-faced idiot, you know.” she said to him and made an angry face just thinking about her boss who no one likes and would like for him to get fired or injured in some way that he would have to leave indefinitely.

Natalie finally stopped outside of Ernie and Katie's house, “Well thanks for the ride Nat, hopefully we, me and Katie will see you again when well this lightweight isn't drunk.” he said making sure that Katie didn't fall.

“Yeah lets hope so, Katie when you wake up you want to give me your electric guitar.” Natalie said to Katie smirking.

“I may be drunk, but I'm not givin' you my guitar bitch.” she said and nearly fell over again.

“Bye Nat, see you later,” he said to her and walked himself and his fiancé up to their house to sleep off the alcohol, well in Katie's case at least.

After dropping them off, instead of going back to her apartment Natalie went and drove around for a while to clear her head and just think things over. Night was her favorite time, it cleared her head and made everything seem new and refreshed and it was when she can deal with things without having many interruptions. It's not very often that she shared her feelings and problems with people, one is because she doesn't want to bother them and sound stupid, ending up in them making fun of her and two she's too shy to ask for help with her emotional turmoil and what not. She didn't even actually deal with her dad and mom's divorce until four years after they got divorced, she was eleven at the time. Sometimes, it really does suck being shy.
Sign up to rate and review this story