Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > It Sucks Being Shy

Thanksgiving isnt only for the religious types

by ThePerfectPhase 0 reviews

it's thanksgiving day and Nat and Anabelle were helping. finally Nina and a few others come

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2007-10-04 - Updated: 2007-10-04 - 1299 words

0Unrated
A/N: As usual i dont own but please review

Chapter two


Finally it was the day of Thanksgiving and Nina was going to be there, Natalie had to go to her sister's early because she had to help cook and all that. She brought Anabelle with her for thanksgiving since she didn't really have any family left, a half-brother but he's in jail at the moment.

“Natalie come on, Nina is going to be here soon and she's bringing guests.” Natalie's older sister of seven years said to her while putting her two year old daughter Asia in a high chair while she made sure everything was okay.

Sighing Natalie took plates from her sister and Anabelle followed her into the dinning room and helped her set the table. “No offence Natalie but your sister is like the Thanksgiving Nazi, she's insane.”

“I know, she loves holidays and doing the whole family get together thing, me not so much I like going to them but I don't go over the top like she does.” Natalie said shaking her head at her sister freaking out over the smallest of things, it's just stupid really.

After setting the table and doing whatever else Niki had set them to, the two had finally went to sit down for a while and just talk. That was soon interrupted when Nina arrived, Niki and David, Nina's brother and Natalie's brother in law went and greeted her.

“Hey Nina,” Natalie said smiling at her, and giving her a hug.

“Hey,” Nina said, she then pulled a dark haired guy up to view, Natalie being the Music fanatic knew who he was immediately. “This is my boyfriend Pete Wentz and these are his friends and band mates Patrick, Joe and Andy.” she said smiling and looking at Natalie knowing that she listens to their music.

Looking at them Natalie smiled, “Hi, this is Anabelle, we work together.” she said to them and then looked at Niki who then took charge.

“Well come on lets go sit down and eat, I,” Natalie shot her older sister a glare. “I mean Natalie and I have been cooking all of this wonderful food for today.” she said smiling and led them into the dining room.

Natalie, Anabelle, Patrick and joe were on one side, Asia, Niki and David's daughter were one of the other sides along with Pete W. and Nina, while Andy was on the end closest to Natalie. They then went around saying what each of them were thankful for, Natalie was the last to go and she had to think a moment about it. “I'm thankful for my friends helping me find myself and becoming who I am today and way different from when I was in high school and thankful for music.” she said lastly.

“So Natalie where do you work now, last I remember you worked at Shopko,” Nina said to her.

“At a stupid ass magazine, with a few stupid ass people, and a stupid ass boss, whose a stupid ass and wants us to bow down to his stupid ass with his stupid assedness and being an unreasonable stupid ass.” she said and looked up at most of everyone staring at her. “Did I mention he was a stupid ass?” she asked.

“Yeah you mentioned it a few times,” Pete said to her and she smirked.

Andy looked at her, “I'm sure he isn't that bad.” he told her.

“Trust us, he is,” Anabelle said and shivered at the thought of going back there the next day. “No one in that office likes him.” she said.

“Why don't you get a new job?” Joe asekd her.

Natalie laughed, “I would love to, know anyone that needs a music loving, head banging and pierced and tattoo loving journalist?” she asked him and smirked.

“No not at this moment,” Joe said to her a bit sheepishly.

Dinner went well, they talked about everything and anything possible, how Chicago was treating Nina even though she's been living there for almost three years or so. They talked about how Nina and Pete met, which wasn't really all that odd, they were at a vegetarian place and the two accidentally bumped into each other.

Pete kind of ruined Nina's dinner by making it fall on accident so to make up for his clumsiness he bought her a new lunch. His friends had left earlier so it was only the two of them, so he ate and got to know Nina better and they talked about what they did Nina getting her PH D in Physic's and Pete in his band, eventually the two of them traded numbers and decided to hang out some time later when both of them had more time to do it.

Niki and David went to put their daughter to sleep while the others hung out in the living room. “So Natalie,” Patrick began getting off of the subject of her 'shitty ass' job as she and Anabelle called it. “Nina tells us that you are really into music.” he said to her.

“More than just into it, I love it and it will always be apart of me no matter where I go.” Natalie said to them passionately.

Pete knew that feeling, he remembered it from the first time he ever played music and the first time he ever played in front of a big crowd, way before Fall Out Boy had ever formed. “In a band what would you most likely do?” he asked wanting to get to know her a bit better.

“Drummer, most definitely.” she said to them, surprising most of them, they didn't take her for one liking to drum. “Either that or singer, I like to sing.” she told them.

“Why a drummer?” Andy asked, she seemed more like the type who liked to put herself out there and be in the spot light, when she actually didn't like that at all her friend Anabelle is more like that then her.

“They carry the beat of the band's music, without them it wouldn't be the same, besides they aren't in the limelight as much, I don't like getting attention like others do.” she said smiling a bit.

It's true, without the drummer the songs that so many bands make wouldn't sound the same as they do now. Without Andy, Fall Out Boy never would have been able to be what it is now, and they may not even be the type of band they are, they could possibly have been some hard metal band like a few of them used to do before they became what they are now. Anabelle and Nina could tell that Natalie had a slight liking towards Andy, but she wasn't going to do anything at all, being her normal self Natalie was going to be shy and not say much of anything to a guy that she found incredibly attractive.

Nina shook her head sadly at Natalie, she's twenty-three and should be over the whole shy thing which apparently she isn't, she might never get over it either. You'd think that being around music and musician's and working with music that she would be a lot more confident and less shy around people but no she's not. That problem kind of hinder's Natalie's love life, sure she's had boyfriends but it took them a while to realize that she liked them and a bit longer until they asked her out, but she hasn't had many because of her shyness and that is good and bad at the same time. It would be great if Natalie would be able to just tell people what she thought of them, she would feel a lot better and be a lot better than she is.
Sign up to rate and review this story