Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Good Enough

Chapter 4

by masquerade37 3 reviews

Odie and Dani have a moment together. One month later.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-10-07 - Updated: 2007-10-07 - 777 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Gotcha!" Jay shot and missed... kinda. He and Odie were playing fussball and Jay kinda overshot.

The ball whizzed passed Dani's head and she screamed, covering her eyes.

"I'll get that," Jay said looking embarassed.

Nearly a month had passed since Dani had arrived, and only a week since Odie asked her to be his girlfriend. Odie had a renewed sense of self-confidence, and Dani was fitting right in with the group, although she was avoiding Archie like the plague.

"Herry, wanna take over?" Odie called across the house to the kitchen.

A muffled 'sure' came back. Herry entered the rec room with his mouth full of what looked like cake, but to the extent of Odie's knowledge, there was no cake in the house.

Odie walked over and sat next to Dani on the couch. She put her head on his shoulder and he put his arm around her. He smelled her hair.

"Your hair smells nice," he whispered in her ear.

She looked up at him. "For a genius, you have a way of making the most inane comments sometimes. Inane..." he looked slightly taken aback at this, "but sweet."

He smiled and kissed her forehead.

Dani sighed and stood up. She climbed the stairs and disappeared from view. Odie jumped up and followed her, he could tell something was wrong.

He reached the top of the stairs and jogged to the end of the hallway. He knocked on Dani's door.

"Who is it?" she asked, with a dead tone in her voice.

"Me." Odie was worried now. There was something wrong. He was sure.

"Is now the best time?"

"Please let me in." he was scared for her, he thought Archie had upset her again. He seemed to like doing that. He would pick fights for no reason.

She sighed from the other side of the door. "Come on in."

Odie gently opened the door and walked in. Dani was lying on her bed staring up at the ceiling. she looked upset. Odie sat on the edge of her bed and put his hand on hers.

"Hey," he whispered gently, he knew something was up now, FOR SURE, "what's up?"

She heaved a sigh. "Nothing."

"That's a lie. Something's up. I know it."

Dani closed her eyes and screwed up her face a bit, like she was holding back tears.

Odie slid off the bed and knelt on the floor looking at her in the face. He put his hand on her hair and smoothed it back.

"Hey, you can tell me... did Archie..." Dani stiffened again, she didn't like the sound of his name, "did he do something?"

Dani just shook her head. A tear rolled down her cheek.

Odie helped her sit up, and held her for a bit, while she cried on his shoulder. Finally she seemed to be settling down.

"You wanna tell me now?" he asked softly, stroking her hair. Her hair was a beautiful dark, rich brown, she told him once she had never dyed it.

"I," she sniffed, "I can't."

"May I ask why?"

"Don't... please... don't..." she looked up at him with desperation in her eyes.

He hugged her. He had a feeling Archie had something to do with this.

"Are you coming tomorrow?" Dani changed the subject wiping her eyes, trying to look normal again.

"Of course! I wouldn't miss it for the world!"

"Awesome." Dani had a concert tomorrow at a poetry club, they hire bands every now and then, and she was lucky enough to get a spot.

Her band hadn't written any of their own material yet, they mostly borrow from Evanescence, Dani's favourite band. That's where she got Lithium, the first day they met. She had been telling him that the club was paying them BIG. Like $1000 a person. And there were five people. Dani the golden singer, her drummer Curtis, the guitarist Lani, bassist Chris, and the keyboardist Jake (who doubled with the electrical stuff).

"Hey," Odie took her chin in his hand, "you can tell me anything okay? I'll always listen."

Dani smiled. "I'm glad you're here to listen, but I think there are some things I have to keep to myself okay?"

"I'm good with that... unless it's more lettuce okay?" Odie said. He had had lettuce in his teeth all day once and Dani hadn't said anything.

Dani laughed. "You got it!"

Odie smiled and got up to leave.

"Odie?"

He turned as he was closing the door.

"Thanks."

"For what?"

"Everything."

Odie closed the door. He knew now that he had the best girl in the world, and she liked him back. He couldn't be happier.
Sign up to rate and review this story