Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > One Shots

012 -- Matt Taylor

by pretty-in-punk 0 reviews

one shooott :]

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2007-10-08 - Updated: 2007-10-08 - 1766 words

0Unrated
I stared down at the ticket in my hand, there was no way this was possible. Not just the fact that I had won a backstage pass to a Motion City Soundtrack Concert, but how I had won the pass. I hear it all the time: I'm just a stupid Fuck, with Brilliant Luck. Due to the fact that even the simplest question can leave me dumbfounded, however I've got to be one of the luckiest girls on earth. For example, one time I was driving out of town to go shopping with my friends. I didn't follow the signs and ended up at the wrong mall, but I was the one millionth customer and received one thousand dollars. Another time I knocked over a case at a museum, and ended up unlocking a secret drawer in one of the artifacts, the museum gave me a job there, and they pay well. And now to win this ticket, I accidentally dialed the wrong number and when they asked me who the mystery song was by, I just read the Motion City Soundtrack Shirt and had in, and ended up being right. I'm not really stupid, Infact I'm quite smart, I get straight A's in school, and the Museum is giving me a Scholarship for Paleontology, but I make mistakes so much, that people don't even notice when I do something right. So now, here I stand, amid all the screaming fans and photographers, staring at one of the most beautiful boy I had ever seen.

Matthew Taylor, was outside signing autographs. Now usually Motion City Soundtrack is notorious for not giving a rat's ass about their fans, but there are rare days, reverse days, like today, when they decide to give a little back.The girl beside me was screaming her fake blonde little head off, when she turned to me.

"Like oh my god!" She screamed into my ear "You're that girl! The one who won the contest! Oh I tired calling like a million times! Say you know me PLEASE!" I was backing away from this crazy girl when someone grabbed my arm I screamed in a high pitched voice, and heard someone start laughing. I turned around, converse all stars, studded belt, lip ring, black hair, Matt Taylor. I gasped at the sight of him, he was even more beautiful up close. You hear people say it all the time /that moment took my breath away/. But you never really know what they mean, until you experience it yourself.

This was defiantly one of those moments, just the fact that he was looking at me, touching me, speaking to me, made me want to melt. It made me want to scream out "I love you" like some kind of immature preteen girl. I refused to be like that, so I tried to ignore his presence and focused on remembering how to breathe.

"So you won the contest." Matt whispered into my ear. I nodded my head, still not making eye contact with them. "Then why are you out here?" he asked me. I shrugged, and he laughed again. He took my hand and led me through the crowd of people to the back door of the venue. He pushed me through the door and slammed it behind him.

"Get attacked by the blonde bimbos again Mattie face" Someone stated sarcastically. I turned around and ran straight into Justin Pierre, the lead singer of Motion City Soundtrack.

"Matt I thought I told you, No more strippers." Justin said with a serious face. I looked down at my outfit, it wasn't too revealing, was it? A mini skirt, with leggings, and a tank top that said 'bite me' on it. I untied the sweater from around my waist and put it on. It was my favorite, my red clandestine sweater. Justin gave me a weird look and pointed to the door.

"Sorry Miss. We got into trouble last time."

"Oh good she's here." Josh said entering the room. "Hello I'm Josh." He said shaking my hand. "What was your name again?"

"Liza," I mumbled into the sleeve of my sweater. I always had a bad habit of chewing on my sleeve when I got nervous.

"Well congratulations." Josh smiled at me.

"Uh Josh, what are you talking about?" Justin asked him glaring at me.

"Justin don't you remember?" Matt asked him "Tonight's the show where the fan that won the contest gets to be back stage."

"Oh fuck berries." Justin cringed. "I'm sorry, you must think I'm a complete jackass." He apologized to me.

"No more then usual." I smiled to myself. Matt and Josh started laughing.I gasped and covered my mouth, thats another reason people call me stupid, I tend to say things out loud, that I dont mean too. I closed my eyes and waited for someone to hit me, like they usually do when I say something mean like that.

"Hey, Liza are you okay?" Matt asked me. I opened my eyes, and they were all staring at me.

"Sorry, it just that, people usually hit me, when I say something like that."

"Why, that sounds pretty mean" Josh said.

I shrugged, "I'm just a stupid fuck."

"Apparently with Brilliant luck." Matt laughed and I smiled.

"People say that all the time." I laughed with him.

We spent the rest of the afternoon getting to know each other, talking, just hanging out, like friends would do. I only wish this could last forever, that people treated me like this all the time. They don't care that I make stupid mistakes, because they do to. They treat me like, one of them. For a good portion of the time, Matt and I were alone. We found out that we had a lot in common. It was funny, you always wish these things happen, you met your rock star crush, become friends, fall in love, get married. But they don't honestly happen, after today, these boys won't even remember me. They might remember that concert with the fan, who we thought was a stripper. Names, faces, conversations, they'll forget. Sooner then I thought the show was starting. I stood on the wings of the stage and watched the boys rock out.

"Alright," Matt said into the microphone, "This last song is for a very special person, our new friend Liza!"

I stared in disbelief, this wasn't actually happening to me. But before I could even blink three times, Matt was at my side pulling me to the stage to stand beside him and his microphone.

"It's her favorite song," He smiled looking at me "And she's going to sing it with Justin!"

The crowd erupted into cheers and I stared at the many faces in the crowd, some happy, some angry, some were confused, but all of them looked judgmental. If I screw up this song, I'll be known as a stupid fuck, for the rest of my life. I glanced over to Justin and he smiled and nodded at me. Matt took my hand and squeezed it, it gave me a strange sense of calm. I looked back over to Justin and nodded.

"Alright" Justin said into the Microphone, "Here's Hold Me Down"

I found a letter that said:
"I'm sorry that you were asleep when I wrote these words down,"
You'd think I'd ought to be used to that by now.
Save for a few of those late night episodes,
Missed opportunities, and "I Don't Cares,"
There's not a lot that I feel obliged to share or talk about.

I'll have my brother stop by this Saturday to pick up my things,
Just make sure you're not there.
This may sound bad, and don't take it the wrong way..
I love you, however,
You hold me down

You're the echoes of my everything,
You're the emptiness the whole world sings at night.
You're the laziness of afternoon,
You're the reason why I burst and why I bloom.
How will I break the news to you?

Cancel our dinner with Max and Coraline,
feed Jacky's gerbil and try to stay clean.
We'll talk it over after I've had some time alone to sort it out.
You hold me down

You're the echoes of my everything,
You're the emptiness the whole world sings at night.
You're the laziness of afternoon,
You're the reason why I burst and why I bloom.
You're the leaky sink of sentiment,
You're the failed attempts I never could forget.
You're the metaphors I can't create to comprehend this curse that I call love..
How will I break the news to you?


After the song, Justin and Matt dragged me offstage. Everyone was screaming and cheering, people were grabbing me and shoving camera's in my face. It was all a blur. Matt and I practically ran to the bus to hide from everyone.

"Not a people person eh?" he laughed at me.

I panted out of breathe. "Just pant because you're pant attractive doesn't mean pant I'm not a people person."

"You think I'm attractive?" Matt laughed sliding in next to me on the couch.

"I well I .." the next thing I knew he was kissing me.

"I think you're attractive too." He smiled pulling away from me. For once in my life I was completely speechless. I heard a creak from the front of the bus and knew someone was coming in. Matt slid something into my pocket and smiled at me. A body guard came onto the bus and looked at me.

"Alright Miss." He said "Time for you to go." I nodded and went to stand up but Matt grabbed my hand.

"For what it's worth," He said "You're not a stupid fuck, but you do have brilliant luck." He smiled and let go of my hand.

I walked to my car in silence, taking in the days events. When I found something odd in my pocket. I took out a piece of paper. On the paper was a number and a note:

Liza,
I know it may sound strange, but I felt a real connection when I met you, like nothing I've ever felt before. I know it may seem upfront, but I'd like to take you out sometime. Heres my number call me if you interested, and don't think I'm a complete psychopath. :]

Matt.


I smiled and tucked the note back into my pocket. For once in my life, I didn't believe what all those other people said about me. Matt was right. I'm not stupid, but I sure as hell have good luck.
Sign up to rate and review this story