Categories > Original > Drama > Methodical

Methodical

by Left_to_Center 0 reviews

I'm nothing if not meticulous.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-10-17 - Updated: 2007-10-17 - 251 words

0Unrated
I don't know who I am.

I have an ache in my head and an empty heart and I don't have a clue just where it comes from.

My world is clean and neat; pristine if you will.

My papers are in order and all the bills paid on time.

I'm prepared for the five o'clock rush and the coffee stains and crying babies on the subway.

My world has rules, beautiful rules and I make sure they are followed to the T.

Sometimes, though not often, my world is breached and I'm taken outside the confines of my familiar plan into a-a deeper, darker place.

It happens suddenly. I am straightening the rooms, bleaching the sheets-and then I'm there.

In That Place.

That Place...I can't even describe it. That Place is chaos and eerie bells and destitution.

That Place is screams and murder and blood.

Oh, how in That Place...I feel so wonderfully alive.

But then I come back here. I always come back, brought again to a world where my rules are the bars that only I can see; a prison without concrete but held up on pillars of personal fears and the echoes of another ghastly time.

I wait patiently for the chance to go back, to That Place.

It's constant, it comes.

I swim in the red rivers and traverse the grounds beneath old hanging willows.

I know who I am in That Place.

And someday soon, I will know who I am here, too.
Sign up to rate and review this story