Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Kisses Don't Last Forever

Prologue: 2 out of 2

by prissynblack 0 reviews

Preston's Prologue

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2007-10-21 - Updated: 2007-10-21 - 1860 words

0Unrated
A/N: italics=thoughts
bold= people talking
The link is to the picture of whos Point of view it is.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/Brittany199287/Banners/Preston.png

I felt my body being tugged slightly. Raising my head up as though I downed a bottle of sleeping syrup I looked around the place that seemed bright and blurry. The crook in my neck was painful only if I moved the wrong way‘s.

Obviously this table wasn’t meant for you to get a full nights rest on but it wasn’t any different from the other nights I slept on it. It’s hard to get away from something you love especially when there’s a place that has plenty of it. This was my second home, but some how it can pass for my first. Everyone that comes here is here for the same thing. We all have the same purpose for different reasons. Doesn’t matter who you are or what you do we’re all accepted. I’m grateful for anything that’s given to me because life is too short and no one is promised tomorrow. The saying goes ‘Live today like it’s your last” and it’s completely true. Yes I may have shitty times but we get over it and move on.

My mind is going all over the place not knowing where to stop and just slow down. It was empty around me other then the person standing next to me but what bothered me most was how we were both alone. Like this place was reserved for the 2 teenagers who have nowhere possibly to be. I sat my body up trying to wake it out of it’s sleepy attire. Taking my hand and using my fingers as windshield wipers to my eyes, cleaning away the crust from the corners.

“You’ll need these” the figure in front of me demanded laying an object on the table.

I slid my glasses towards me. Then as I was putting them on my vision came into focus landing my pupils on her. She stared at me with her piercing hazel eyes, Like they had x-ray vision to see right through me. Her lips sent a message that seemed pleased to see me by the way they were formed into a huge grin. I closed the book I was resting my head on and gathered the other 2.

“Want me to carry one?” she asked as I was carrying them as though I didn’t have a left hand.

“If you insist” I smile widely as I hand her a book that was hibernating. She takes the book gladly as though I was giving her a medal of achievement for something good she had done. I stand up walking behind my chair to push it in. We both begin to walk side by side.

“So once again I catch the reading phantom in the dungeon of doom. Reading a guide book of how to take over the world”

Finishing that sentence I begin to walk behind her as she places a hardback in it’s correct place on a shelf with other’s like it. A short laugh releases off my tongue and through the lips, as we start to walk again. “I wouldn’t call the local library a dudgeon of doom but I will take reading phantom as an insult. A phantom is someone you can‘t see but know it exists. I know I‘m not the social type but at least give me credit for my human form”

Her legs spun her around to face me as I continued walking forward but this young lady standing before was currently walking as though the scene was set in reverse. The expression that made her face was sly and mischievous. Those faces always looked as though there was some sort of sneaky plan behind them. The words she spoke seemed planned and thought out in her head before they reached her tongue. She was defiantly the mysterious type. Always liked to keep people on there toe’s and always liked to keep people guessing.

“Don’t cry over my vindictive comments. I only want to capture your attention even more then I have . Besides my malicious remarks shouldn’t get to you. Now should they?”

I nodded my head as I stared down at my toes, raising my head up because we had stopped at another self.

“Trust me when I say your comments never get to me but sometimes just sometimes you say the things that hit here”

Balling my hand into a fist to lay where my hearts suppose to be while handing her the last book that’s coming out of hiding not by choice but by force. Her small hands push the book into place then laying the same fingers on my chest while presenting a duplicitous grin.

“You make me feel so bad Preston that I just might not laugh in your face but rather behind your back”

“In all honesty I’d feel better if you laughed in my face then behind me back”

Running her tongue across her apparent dry lips, searching around the room for any other living being then looking back at me after the coast was clear. “Ha ha ha”

The melancholy short phrases that seemed like something Santa clauses would do when replying to a child who’s asking for a whole lot more then he could afford, Made me realize her cheap talk that seemed more literal then figurative put me in my place of slight enjoyment.

It was flattering to see the sense of humor I knew ever so well

“Lets test your knowledge of books since you always got your head in one”

Her figure spun back around so it was moving forward. I trailed behind like a lost puppy trying to find someone to give them guidance. Jumping to face me she crosses her fingers together giving me a look of innocent.

“Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much,
Which mannerly devotion shows in this;
For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch,
And palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss. ”


I walk towards her swiftly and smooth as I admire her well being, reaching my hand towards her like if I wanted her to grab it. “Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?” I finished this question by standing in front of her.

“Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer” Those cheeks began to turn a light shade of red.

“O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do;
They pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair.”
A slight leer shows me my words are flattering but she walks towards me leaning In close. Our lips are about 2 inches apart when she sways over to my ear. “I see you know your Romeo and Juliet”

Feeling disappoint in the pit of my stomach I try to recover showing a face of pleasure for the little moment we shared that wasn’t a moment at all. She leans out walking away from me leaving me in my own puddle of humiliation.

“Simple Simon met a pie man going to the fair;
Said Simple Simon to the pie man "Let me taste your ware"
Said the pie man to Simple Simon "Show me first your penny"
Said Simple Simon to the pie man "Sir, I have not any!" “


That sounded familiar so I joined in.

“Simple Simon went a-fishing for to catch a whale;
All the water he had got was in his mother's pail.
Simple Simon went to look if plums grew on a thistle;
He pricked his fingers very much which made poor Simon whistle.
He went for water in a sieve but soon it all fell through;
And now poor Simple Simon bids you all "Adieu" “


Crossing the twiggy things called arms as she shifted more weight on her left foot other then the right. Began to applause my knowledge of even the simplest things.

“You’re a good kid. My own brother doesn’t know that one”

“Well me one and your brother zero”

A chuckle escaped her luscious lips I haven’t even got the satisfaction of tasting, walking away but like the stalker I was following behind we both reaching the counter she hops over.

“I like a lady who has the expertise of jumping over things. It turns out I’m passing out applications today for anyone who wants to be my partner in crime. I’ll tell you now you have the upper hand”

“Thanks but no thank you”

I rested my forearms on the counter slouching over myself while admiring Rosalyn.

If words could describe her it would be beautiful, picturesque, striking, young women, I’m so very appreciative to be allowed in her presence. How could someone not want this? Everything about her from the laugh and smile to her nose and feet is stunning. The charisma she displays is irresistible and sets me in a trance of fascinate. The first time my eyes saw her I needed her. I wanted her. This isn’t the first or last time I’m going to ask her. One day she’ll say what I‘m looking for.

“Rosalyn do you think we could ever be more then…friends?”

A sigh escaped her mouth. “How about you go to the door and switch the close sign to a open”

I grinned adjusting my glasses. “Only if you’ll think about my offer”

“Okay just go do it”

Proudly I walked to the door and switched the sign making my way back to the counter I stood up straight watching her scan the over exaggerated number of books that piled on a cart behind her.

“So….” I slurred breaking the silence she was giving me. I knew she was trying to avoid this question, longer then I wanted her too.

“Preston you’re a really sweet boy and all but I can’t date you and to be honest I don’t want to. Not trying to kill your pride and murder your feelings I know you have for me but lets face it, I see you as a friend and nothing more. It wouldn’t work out”

You’d assume my heart was broken into a thousands pieces but I’m use to this rejection. Every time I ask her it’s the same answer but for some reason I‘ve found no reason to give up.

Taking my phone out my back pocket I look at the time and back at Rosalyn. Putting it back where I got it and then I looked up at her.

“I’m flying back to Vermont in the morning since boarding school is starting back up. So if you want to contact me you know the number”

She nodded her head continuing to scan the numerous books. I turned slowly walking out the library, where time and time again I lost my dignity.

If only she knew, I’d stay just for her
Sign up to rate and review this story