Categories > Original > Drama > Until then...

Until then...

by x_danny_x 3 reviews

Until Danny's gardian angel shows up, things are horible. But when she finally finds him, what will happen? [based on my life]

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-08-15 - Updated: 2007-08-15 - 653 words

0Unrated
"Danny, do you have your library books ready?"
"Yes mom, they're by my dresser" Danny shouted up the stairs to her mom.
Her mother then walked into Danny's bed room, and upon seeing them not stacked up perfectly neat, yelled down the stairs at her daughter: "They are NOT stacked up"
Danny's reply was then, "Oh, I'm sorry mom, I didn't know you said they had to be stacked up"
"Don't play fucking word games with me bitch! I wish you would listen to me for once in your fucking life you whore!"
By this time Danny was already up stairs ready to stack the said library books.
"Well well well, you wish I'd listen?! I wish you weren't my mother!" she replied instantly regreting having said that. She tried to dodge the punch she knew was coming, but failed, horribly. The rings that adorned her mothers fist hurt more than she expected. Danny stumbled backwards and was then shoved down the stairs, landing at the bottom with a dull thud. Her mom laughed and then replied with: "Well, I wish I didn't have you for my daughter, but I don't do miracles!" And added a fake smile for emphasis, and walked into her bedroom. Danny slowly stood up, and walked to the bathroom to inspect the damage. Some blood here and there, a few bruises slowly forming, and a rather large gash reaching from her ear to her cheek. She grabbed the antiseptic and some cotton balls and cleaned herself up. Rummaging through her tons of make-up she finally found the cover up. After making herslef look presentable, she walked back upstairs and gather her library books. This time making sure they were in a stack. She carried them downstairs and set them on the table. As she was walking to the hallway to grab her purse, the phone rang. She answered it, not wanting her mom to get mad.
"Hello?"
"Yes, is Annie there?" Of course..the phone was never for her...not like she knew anyone anyways...
"Yes..."
"Well, may I speak to her...?" The woman said sounding annoyed.
"Yeah, just a minute." Danny said, walking the phone up to her mom. Her mom grabbed the phone and shut the door on Danny. She could hear the conversation on the other side of the door:
"Hello?....Oh hey Patty!...She was, was she....well, I'll have to talk to her about that later..." They continued talking but Danny didn't want to hear. She knew their future "talk" would involve blood. She went down stairs grabbing her messanger bag and the library books on her way out. Before shutting the door she yelled "I'm going to the library, be back in a bit" at her mom and dashed out. Since she was only 13 and couldn't drive, she walked to said library. She walked inside and left the books on the Return table. The air conditioning felt so nice in the August heat. She headed to the "Teen" section, which consisted of a few worn out beanbag chairs, lights that were strung around the shelves [most likely from last Christmas], and obviously books. The only person there was a red-headed boy sitting in a corner. She took a look around and decided she didn't want anymore books, and left. When arriving home, she noticed her mom's hideous green station wagon was not in it's parking space. Silently entering the house, she imediatly headed to her bed room. Sitting down at her computer desk, she turned it on and waited for it to boot up. When it finally did, a little box popped up, it read /"No new messages."/figures...not like she had anyone that would actually send her a message. After an hour of surfing the web, she logged off and layed down on her bed and eventually drifted off to sleep, dreaming of maybe one day having a happy life.
Sign up to rate and review this story