Categories > Original > Drama > Lola

Lying To Get Closer

by Sammy_Brutal07 0 reviews

Tyler Starts to burn bridges..

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-11-09 - Updated: 2007-11-09 - 1181 words

0Unrated
I wasn't able to talk Ethan to give me the keys, instead, I talked his ex-girlfriend Echo into commandeering the keys and accompanying me to the deceased abode.

The ride there was awkward as always, since Echo still lived with Ethan even though they had broken up months ago. Things seemed to go sour a few months before Hunter blew his brains out with that ever-lovin' 45. She was down to earth, smart, but with a bitchy attitude. She reminded me of Darlene off of "Rosanne".

Her dark brownish black hair was pulled up in a half bun, half pony tail concoction on her head. Her thin black eyeliner accentuated her beautiful dark hazel eyes. One could not look at her petite body, and not admit to how attractive she was. But she was the kind of person who would take a jackhammer to a man's groin just for breathing the same air she did.
Either she was super anal, or a complete man-hating lesbian.
I figured the former over the latter since her and Ethan had been an item.

She was an ideal companion, she never asked questions, she kept to herself, she'd let me smoke without complaint, she didn't have me make stops at every single 7-11 store for stupid trivial bullshit items either. All in all she was considered "One of the guys".

But today she was in one of her moods, not really responding when I tried to shatter the silence with small talk. She wouldn't' even look in my direction, just shrug and murmur a one word response. God she knew how to piss me off.

Another great thing about her though, was the fact that she wouldn't try to play "Match maker" with my love life. I'll admit, I never pursued any relationships because they were a simple frail symbiotic life support system. Right when you were ready to be fully independent, excess baggage piles one because now, not only do you have your problems and opinions to worry about, but now you have your girlfriends! Some would even say I had a problem meeting girls. What do I care? I just wish my mother would stop bugging me for grandchildren. You gotta get married first mom, well...at least by old standards before being a single parent was "Chic".

I was glad work gave me off to soak in the whole Hunter thing. I usually worked out of an office in Towson, the complete opposite direction of where I lived. Yeah, it was a long commute, and it was on none other than the infamous Interstate 695. You should get a medal for driving that gridlocked shit streak. There was enough car parts, tires, and other useless junk on the sides of the highway to construct your own transformer from scratch.

Echo sighed her annoying sigh of impatience. Sorry Echo, if giving you a ride rather than letting you walk involves horrible drivers and low performance vehicles.
She tended to bite her nails, I think it was her way of punching a wall, or slamming her head into a cinder block. She shot me this cold stare, like I had just goosed her or something.

"What?! What now?!" I said, my voice actually cracking like a pre-teen going Through puberty.

She smirked at my voice, shook her head, "Nothing, nothing at all."

She went back to looking out the window, soaking in all the scenery.

"Tyler? Why haven't you gotten any of your stuff published yet? I mean, you're an amazing writer right? So what is the hold up?" she said suddenly, interrupting the tranquil stillness of the cars atmosphere.

It caught me off guard, because before she never cared about my writing.

"Uh..I do not know...Echo...? I uh..can't seem to get a break in this shit town y'know? I mean, everyone tells me I have talent and all, but it really doesn't matter around here. You gotta have connections, a decent school background, and do it for more than just a hobby. It's like, you have to live, eat, sleep, and breathe this shit y'know? And I guess that ain't me."

"Whatever! You're such an asshole!"

"What are you talking about woman?! You asked the question here!"

She rolled her eyes at me, "Oh c'mon! Stop being so God damned modest for once! I mean, sure it takes some time and effort to get a publishing deal, but Ethan and Hunter did it, so why the fuck can't you?! What is your real excuse? "

I pounded on the steering wheel in defeat, I hated it when she pointed out things about me that I honestly could not control.

"Sorry, I'm sorry Ty. It's just, everything with Ethan and Hunter...it's just catching up to me is all. I just need to let some of this out...y'know?"

Sympathy, I hate it. I hate giving it out, and I hate needing it myself.

"Tyler?"

I wanted to ignore her.

"Tyler please, I need this. I need you..to help me..please..?"

I bit my lower lip, rubbing my left temple with my fingers. God, I wanted to snap her neck.

"Tyler Andrew Wallace!"

No one, and I mean no one....called me by my full name except for my mother.

I quickly whipped my head to the right to face her, "What?! What the fuck do you want from me?! Drugs? Is that it again?! Is that what this whole damned ride has been about?! This had nothing to do with going to our friends house and getting his things together was it? You stupid bitch junky! This is the exact reason why Ethan left your ass!"

She reeled back, as if wounded. She pulled her legs up close to her chest, a mock fetal position. She buried her face in her hands and sobbed.

I hated seeing anyone cry, so after a few moments of letting her make up run, I reached over and put a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean any of that. I'm just kinda weirded out about the whole situation too. I really am. And I know you are."

She pushed my hand away with a cold wet hand, "No, I don't know what's wrong with me damn it...I just feel like something is missing from my life, I don't' know if it's Ethan, drugs, Hunter, whatever! I just know, that I have to do something about this!"

She began to sob again.
I reached over, trying to console her as best I could without crashing the car.

"Look, I'm not going to get you drugs. That is out of the-"

I felt her soft lips kissing my hand, her small still wet hands clutching it close to her cheek. She sniffled, continuing to caress me.

I wanted to pull away, I knew it wasn't right. But the asshole in me wanted to pull the car over, hike up her skirt, and go at it. I bit my left index finger hard enough to leave teeth marks. What was I to do?
Sign up to rate and review this story