Categories > Original > Drama > Lola

One Trick Pony

by Sammy_Brutal07 0 reviews

Research..

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-11-09 - Updated: 2007-11-09 - 1312 words

0Unrated
"You staying or going in?" I asked her after parking the car on the side of the street in front of Hunter's building.

"I dunno, I guess I'll go in! But being the way I am, maybe I should stay!"

Annoyed, I ignored her and made my exit of the car.
She frantically clambered out of her side and stumbled onto the pavement.

"For Christ's sake.." I grumbled, making my way over to her.

She pushed me away, "I got it!"

I took a few steps back, letting her get to her feet.
I picked up her purse that she had dropped, rifled around for a moment, found the keys, and dropped the purse to the ground.

"Hey!" she protested.

Whatever, I unlocked the front door and started to make my way up the stairs to the third floor where his apartment was.

I unlocked the door, Echo close behind. We talked in, the place a mess from all the police work and our cleaning.

"Damn, it stinks in here.." Echo blurted out.

"No shit, really? One of our good friends died in here!" I shot back at her, shutting her up.

I made my way back into his study, the room I had originally been working on.

Echo followed me, almost on my ass.

"Back off will ya? I got stuff to do. If you didn't come here to help, have a seat and stay out of my way please!" I told her angrily.

She rolled her eyes at me and moved to take a seat at a couch.

I headed down the hall and entered the study. I immediately searched his desk, searching for anything with that mystery writer on it. I eventually came across two folded pieces of paper, one with a watermark on it. I opened them up and found who I was looking for.

Her name was "Lola Chloe". I had two more works of hers in my hand.

"Hurry up!" I heard Echo complain from the living room.

I sighed with frustration, pocketing the papers and heading back out to the living room.
I thought I heard voices, like a conversation was going on.
I turned the corner and found Echo talking to another young woman.

"Gwen?! What are you doing here?" I said with surprise.

"Hey, your mother told me you'd be here."

"How did she know?"

"She had called your house, got your voice mail as usual," She said it with slight annoyance to her tone, "Then she called Ethan, who told her, and she told me. She's really worried about with Hunter passing and all."

I nodded, leaning backwards to rest my back against the wall.

Gwen was a nice girl, she really was. She was short, but not nearly as short as Echo. She had light brown hair to her shoulders, dark green eyes, and a petite body. She was pretty, but was too naive and inquisitive for her own good.

"Look, I appreciate you checking up on me, and helping my ma out, but things are okay."

Gwen looked over at Echo, "Is she okay?"

Echo waved her off.
I cleared my throat, "Hey Echo, you mind leaving us alone for a sec?"

Echo exhaled sharply, her distaste to the request, "Yeah, I guess.."

She got to her feet and shambled out of the room, and headed towards Hunter's bedroom.
And to think, not even an hour ago, she was hitting on me.

I turned my attention back to Gwen, "Why is everyone so concerned about me? What about Hunter's family?"

Gwen shrugged, "You practically were his family. Ever since his family found out he was gay, they pretty much disowned him."

I gasped in disbelief, "Gay?! No no! Hunter was not gay! He was straight!"

Gwen saw the look of shock on my face, and quickly covered her mouth with her hand, "Oh no! You mean, you didn't know?! But Tyler....everyone knew! Me, your mom, Ethan, even that girl Echo knew! We all thought you knew! Why didn't anyone tell you?"

"I don't know! I mean, I'm not mad at him for being gay, it's just a shock! I never would have guessed in a million years! I mean, was he dating anyone?!" I stammered.

"I don't' think that is any of my business to say!" Gwen said, quickly taking a seat.

That told me this conversation was far from over.

"God, what else do I not know?!"

"Alot! A helluva lot!" Echo said coldly, sauntering back into the room.

"Echo, don't say another word! It's not our place to say!" Gwen pleaded.

"Oh whatever! I have a right to tell him! I have a right to say what that fagot did to my life!" Echo screamed.

I took a step towards her, "Echo, you need to calm down!"

"No! You try and stay calm! Hunter was fucking my boyfriend behind my back! "

I stopped mid step, "Excuse me?! Who are we talking about?"

Echo smiled her wicked smile, the smile she makes when she knows she's going to say or do something that may or may not hurt someone.

"Hunter was fucking Ethan on a daily basis! I walked in on them one night! Ethan tried to make up for it only because after that, Hunter didn't want to have anything to do with him! Hunter was in denial that he was gay! It was only when he saw that he was the "Other man" in the situation, did he finally realize he was! Hunter ruined everything, I loved Ethan! And now I don't know if I should be sad or happy for his fucking death! Because I still love Ethan, and he still loves Hunter!"

Echo was screaming now, crying and stomping her foot.
I didn't know what to do, if I should try to comfort her, or leave her alone.
I opted to be silent.

Gwen spoke up, "Well now he knows! He now knows what he should have found out after the funeral!"

Echo turned to Gwen, "Oh shut up! You could never know how this all makes me feel! You're not even friends with Ethan and Hunter! Hell, you're not friends with me, and you're sure as hell not friends with Tyler!"

And with that, Gwen was out the door.

"Damn it Echo! What the fuck is wrong with you?! The fuck are we one here, Dawson's Creek?" I shouted at her, then followed after Gwen.

I caught up to her as she was heading out to the parking lot.

"Gwen! Gwen, wait!" I shouted, finally catching up to her.

She was sobbing, making her hair stick to her cheeks.

"Look, I'm sorry for all of that! I really am!"

"I never should have come here! I should have just left it alone! I'm so stupid!" she said between sobs.

I wiped her tears with my sleeve as best I could, "Look, I was bound to find out anyway right? I'm not mad at you, if anything, I'm mad at Echo for saying those horrible things to you! I like you Gwen, and I consider you one of my friends."

She looked up at me, her beautiful eyes red from crying, "You mean that?"

I nodded, "If I'm lying, I'm dying"

She smiled at what I said and even managed a little laugh.

"Alright, look, go home and I'll call you later. We need to do some talking without anymore interruptions okay?"

She nodded and tried to straighten her hair, but the wind was blowing it around.

"Okay, I'll call you in a little bit okay?"

She nodded again, and as I turned to head back to the apartment building, she reached out and hugged me.

I was caught a little off guard, but it was pleasant none the less.
She gave me on last smile, and left.

I headed back to the building...
Sign up to rate and review this story