Categories > Original > Drama > Lola

Critical

by Sammy_Brutal07 0 reviews

Gwen reads what Tyler has to offer..

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-11-09 - Updated: 2007-11-09 - 1273 words

0Unrated
I read Gwen the first poem I had found of Lola Chloe. She was quiet, calm, and collected as I read it out loud to her.
When I had finished, I set down the paper and awaited her response.

She smiled at me. I liked her smile, because when she smiled, her eyes narrowed warmly.
I returned her smile.

"So, what do you think of her?"

She continued to smile, "It's an interesting one, I think she's talking about the President or someone of importance in the government circle. It's a cynical take on things really. But I enjoyed it, thank you for sharing it with me Tyler."

I reached into my back pocket, where the other two pieces of folded paper were.
I hadn't noticed it until now, but most of the poetry looked written in ink, and then photo copied. They were just copies of original work.

"I found these today back at Hunter's apartment. I haven't read them yet, would you...want to?"

Gwen nodded, "Sure, only if I get to read one after you."

It sounded good to me, so I handed her one of the folded papers.

"I'll go first, " I said, clearing my throat.

"Porcelain" was the title.

"My words and hands are broken, unable and unsuitable to calm and carry you like a blessed wind. You will only founder like lost sailors on the rocks and reef, my ability to protect and save you will crumble with the slightest effort. You need not stay with me, but to take up your arms and service, to go about life without me, only a broken remnant of what had been. Eyes like opal, heart like onyx, you say you know me, but can't get past the opaque horror that is my being. I am a broken shell that will no longer sing the ocean for you, I am porcelain, beautiful to behold, but easy to touch and break."

I was silent for a moment after reading it, mesmerized by the words written. It was grim, and yet, so beautiful in it's fragile honesty. I had a hard time looking up from the paper in my hands, to meet Gwen's gaze.

When I finally did, she was silent too, her gentle eyes staring into mine.

"That was beautiful, simple as that. This woman, she has a way with words and emotions. I have to be honest, I'm really touched and honored that you're sharing her with me." she said softly with a faint smile.

I nodded and returned her smile, looking back at my hands holding the paper.

"Okay, my turn," Gwen said, breaking the silence that fallen upon the room.

"Stay" was the next one.

"You leave like a dove from the Arc, hoping to bring hope to dismal minds and hearts. You only hope to make others happy with your sacrifice, to appease assuaged bereavement that has befallen our once happy family. You do your best, doing what you feel is right for us and not for you, doing what it takes to make a difference for the greater good. There is red on your wings, which you fail to notice as you continue your long voyage. Over seas, hills, mountains and valleys you go, never wanting to stop, to only look forward and meet your goal. We all love you, and we are sorry that you are gone now. We wish that you could have stayed, but now you've moved on without us. We'll be sure to leave fresh flowers by your marble white cross at the cemetery. We love you Grandpa."

When Gwen finished it, she was silent, not wanting to look up at me.

"Gwen?" I asked concerned.

She sat still, not moving, not speaking.

'"Gwen, are you okay?" I repeated, reaching out to her with a hand.

She reached out and touched my hand gently, her fingers strangely cold to the touch.

"It's just....so beautiful. It's like nothing I have ever read before Ty. I don't even know how to describe how it makes me feel or think. I just...I know what she must have been feeling and thinking when she wrote this. My grandfather died after the World War II, but it changed him. My Grandmother said it changed him after he came back." her voiced was soft and weak, she sounded as though she were on the verge of crying.

'Gwen, sweetie, it's okay. It was an amazing poem, I agree with you. She is quite a writer, this Lola Chloe," I said, taking her hand into both of mine, trying to warm them up again.

She withdrew her hands to wipe her face, tears had started to trickle down her cheeks again.

"Oh look at me, all that I've been doing today is cry and cry! You must be sick of it, sick of me already!" she said with a weak unconvincing laugh.

"I'll be right back with some tissues, " I said, getting up from the table and heading to the bathroom for some Kleenex.

I was surprised and a little concerned about Gwen's reaction to that last poem. I mean, it was good, hell, it was great! But not enough to drive me to tears like that! Maybe it's because I couldn't relate to it like she did. I cleared my mind of it, and found the tissues.
I grabbed the entire box instead of a few, and turned to head back to Gwen, when I bumped into her. She stumbled into me, pushing me back into the bathroom.

We toppled over and fell heavily, Gwen landing on top of me.
I was caught completely off guard, and I was honestly, for a moment, scared.

She climbed on top of me and started to kiss me, her hands moving across my chest towards my pants. Her kisses were passionate and quick, her eyes closed in concentration.
I didn't know how to react, whether to return her affection, or to rebuke it.
This was all just so sudden and random, we knew each other, but nearly well enough for a one night stand.

As I pondered this, she freed me from my pants and started to work on her own, her belt buckle clanging loudly on the tile floor. I had to act and think fast before it got too out of hand.

She gave me one last kiss before straddling me, I was only inches away from penetrating her. She had a look of Ecstasy and unchained lust on her face. It frightened me.

I made up my mind and as gently as possible, lifted her up and off of me. She shot me a look of disbelief and shock, as if I had just back handed her with a closed fist.

I was just as shocked, but before I could say anything, she was up on her feet, pulling on her pants and hobbling out of the bathroom.

"Gwen wait! Let's talk for a moment here! Please!" I shouted after her, tripping over my pants that were around my ankles.

I stumbled and fell, trying to grab a hold of her before she walked out.

"Why?! I thought this is what all guys wanted?!" she screamed back at me.

I tripped one last time before grabbing a hold of her ankle and halting her retreat.

"Just hear me out damn it!"

She stopped! She actually stopped in her tracks! Most of the time, like in movies, soap operas and bad melodramas, the person walks out on the guy. But she stopped, ready to hear me out...

I licked my lips, and prepared to explain myself.
Sign up to rate and review this story