Categories > Original > Drama > Lola

Hear Me Out

by Sammy_Brutal07 0 reviews

People=shit

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-11-09 - Updated: 2007-11-09 - 534 words

0Unrated
I scrambled to my feet, my pants still tangled up around me.
I stumbled again, nearly head butting her square in the face, but was able to regain my balance.

"Look, I like you! I like you a lot! But I'm not going to have a one night stand with you! Especially since we've only known each other for such a short time! Yeah, I'm a guy! But I'm not one of those kind of guys. The last thing I want to do is screw things up with you for only a moment of pleasure!"

She stood there, her eyes burning into mine, her jaw set, a haughty stance. When I had finished, she looked at the ground. She slowly looked up, a smile on her face.

"Only a moment? Is that all you're good for?" She said with a laugh, then started to cry.

Damn it, what is with crying girls today?! And the gratuitous but unwanted sexual advances?!

I couldn't help but laugh too. I walked over to her and put my arms around her. She half laughed, half cried into my chest.
I gave her back a gentle rub and a squeeze.

"I'm so sorry Tyler! I don't know what came over me! Was it that poem? I mean, I'm not like that at all!" She said hysterically.

"Shh, I know. You're a good woman Gwen, and I knew that wasn't like you. That is why I stopped you from doing what you were doing. I'll be damned if I take advantage of a good friend."

She lifted her head up and gave me a gentle kiss on the cheek, "Thank you Ty, I'm glad I have a friend like you too."


Later, after Gwen left, I read the poems over again, soaking them in. I payed special attention to the one Gwen had read, how it made her react the way she did.
I thought of a strange theory, what if Hunter had read this poem, if not another, and it was so passionate and emotional, it drove him to put a bullet in his head?

I rubbed that out immediately, reasoning that that was foolish. But I still couldn't ignore the facts that two separate people had read a poem by one author, and both reacted in a irrational manner. But I couldn't prove that Hunter had read her work, let alone of the poems that I had in my possession.

But wait, why wouldn't Hunter read some of her work? He was an editor, he received tons of articles, and what not to be edited and published, so he had to read some of her pieces.
But which ones?

Another thought crossed my mind, did she ever get anything even published?
I decided to check out as many bookstores to see if she had any independent collections, or was in a compilation volume. Maybe then, I could read a biography about her, her whereabouts, and if she had anymore poetry.

Things were looking up for a change aside from the recent events.

Yeah, aside from the fact that it took one of my good friends to die...

To die so that I could get this far....

People=Shit....
Sign up to rate and review this story