Categories > Original > Drama > Lola

Forgive Me, But Don't Forget Me

by Sammy_Brutal07 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2007-11-09 - Updated: 2007-11-09 - 486 words

0Unrated
I could tell she was feeling something on the phone by the tone of her voice. I wasn't sure if it was anger, sadness, or just plain disappointment.

"It's not we are an item right now right?" she said calmly.

As much as I had hoped, I knew she wasn't going to just let this go, not now, not ever.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what happened. I'll understand if you don't want to talk to me again, I mean, I slept with Echo..."

She exhaled over the phone, then fell silent.

"Gwen?"

I could hear her breathing heavy into the mouthpiece.

"Gwen, please..."

She started to sob, "I thought you said you weren't like the othe guys out there! You said you cared about me.."

That was when everything started to hurt, my ear with the phone pressed tightly to it, the aching of my bent elbow, my sore feet, the rug burns, my head. I cleared all of it out of my head, as she continued to sob.

"I mean, I like you Tyler, I like you alot. And although we weren't dating, I still had hopes that you would want to be with me, and not just for a pity fuck or whatever!"

As I listened to her, I could hear familiar voices in the background, "Who else is there?"

She sniffled, "I'm at your mom's house with my Aunt right now.."

Fuck. Not a good place for her to be, with her crying, my mother's nosiness, and this current affair being broadcasts over cellphones.

"Nothing ,I'm okay, I really am. It's alright!" Gwen said to an invisible person on the phone.

"Who are you talking to?" I asked, nervous as hell.

"Your mom keeps asking me why I'm crying..."

I swallowed my tongue along with my heart.

"No, Tyler. No, it's okay..it's....hold on, your mother wants to talk to you.."

I contemplated hanging up the phone, but thought better of it. I could only bite my tongue and hear her out.

"Hello, Tyler?! This is your mother! Why is Gwen crying?! What did you do to her?!"

Yeah of course, as always, it was my fault whenever tears were shed and hearts were torn. This time it was.

"Nothing ma, she's fine. We just had a misunderstanding is all."

"Misunderstanding?! This poor girl is crying her eyes out! I think you need to get over here and talk to her and me! I haven't seen or talked to you in ages! I miss my only son!" she said.

I grumbled, I hated house visits, I'd be there for hours, hearing pointless dribble about other peoples business other than my own. Of course now, it was going to be about me, which made it even worse!

I sighed heavily, "Yeah, okay. I'm coming over alright!"

I hung up the phone before I could get a response.
Now this was getting personal.
Sign up to rate and review this story