Categories > Original > Drama > Prison Heartbreak

The Prison

by blue_skies927 1 review

Chapter 2 -- Jonson gets admitted to Prison.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-11-10 - Updated: 2007-11-10 - 1243 words

0Unrated
Everything after that is a blur. I must have blacked out or something. The last thing I remember is the police officer bending down to pink me up. When I woke up I found myself in the back of a bus. There were a few other boys in the bus, dotted around in random seats. I guessed it was best to just keep quiet as they all looked really hard and strong. They looked a lot older than me, maybe 18 or 19. I was only 15. I was so scared.
It seemed like forever, but we stopped and the police officer that picked me up got up at the front of the bus and it looked like he was looking straight at me. He smiled, then straightened up and frowned again.
“Alright, lads! You have been sent to Bomure County Prison! You already know what you’ve done to be here, so that doesn’t need explaining. Now, for already becoming an inmate at Bomure County you have 3 years to serve. Depending on why you’re here, a certain amount of time will be added onto that! I’m Officer Blue, and you’ll address to me at all times as Sir! Is that clear?” Silence. “I said, is that clear!?”
“Clear, Sir!” Everyone shouted back at him. I didn’t say anything though. I was in a state of shock, I still couldn’t register what was happening. I thought I was in a dream.
“Jonson!” He shouted and started walking towards me until he stopped and lowered his head so that he was looking directly into my eyes, an inch away from touching me. I gulped and started to pink my arm. “Is that clear?” He said very slowly and quite quietly.
“Y-y-yes” I stuttered, shaking and sweating.
“Yes what, Jonson?”
“Yes, Sir,” I gulped again and looked to the floor. But then I felt his hand under my chin and he slowly moved my head up so that I was looking into his eyes. His eyes were beautiful. They were like blue galaxies. I could just look at them forever. Lose myself in then. He smiled softly then turned around and walked to the front of the bus. He stopped and turned around.
“Now, lads. Up you get and I’ll take you to reception where you’ll get your rooms given to you along with your uniform and toiletries. I’ll also be explaining a little about what goes on in Bomure and how we deal with things. Everyone up, and move quickly. Follow me!” With that, Officer Blue got off the bus and waited for us.
We lined up, me at the back and we followed Officer Blue towards Bomure County Prison. For most of the walk I had my head down, trying to figure out just what was going on, still in a state of shock, but when I did look up I saw the building I would be living in for the next 3 years. It was huge, with high stone walls and barbed wire at the top of them, no doubt electric to stop people climbing over them. It was about 5 or 6 stories high, with tiny windows, almost too high to see out of, all barred on the outside. We walked through a giant gate, with spikes at the top and then through a glass door to take us into the reception area of the prison.
“Hello Officer Blue, what can I do for you?” A young girl, maybe in her late 20’s sat at reception working at a computer.
“Hello Tina. I’ve got a few new boys here. Just needed to book them in and then we can go off and get their things.”
“Alright. What’s their names?” She typed something into the computer then stood still and waited for Officer Blue to reply.
“There’s Jonson, Howard, Carston, Mayer and Haal,” when he said my name I jerked my head up and felt my cheeks burn. I thought he was talking to me. As soon as I saw he wasn’t, I quickly put my head down to make sure no one saw me.
After a couple of minutes, the receptionist finished typing and started to write out some forms. She handed them to the Officer and he quickly signed them all and handed them back to her. She then typed something else.
“That’s it, all set. You can go now,” we started walking forwards through a long, narrow corridor. We turned right at the end of the hallway and entered an empty room with just a long table at the back with 5 piles of clothes on them.
“Jonson,” I blushed again, but Officer Blue couldn’t see me, he was behind us. “Your pile is right at the end on the left, get your stuff. Then it’s Howard, Carston, Mayer and Haal. Go. And hurry up,” we quickly grabbed out pile of clothes and went back to the position we were in before. “Now then, Haal, you’re room is No.234 on floor 2. There’s an officer on every floor, so he’ll show you where to go and get you locked up. Now move! Quickly!” Haal ran out of the room and turned left, then disappeared. I could still hear his shoes running along the corridor. “Mayer, your room is No.235, go! Carston, room No.236, go! Howard, room No.237, go! Jonson, room No.238, go!” But I didn’t. I stepped forward, with my head down.
“Sir?” I could feel my cheeks burning.
“What is it, lad?”
“I need to talk to someone, please.”
“Alright, I’ll send the psychiatrist up to see you soon. Now, go.”
“But, Sir…” he interrupted me before I could finish.
“Oh, what is it Jonson?”
“Well, I was kind of… Well… I thought… Maybe I could talk to you… I don’t really want to talk to anyone else… I don’t know anyone…. And you…” he sighed and interrupted me again.
“Jonson, I’m a busy man. I don’t know if I’ll be able to see you. If I still can’t get to you after 1 then I’ll have to send the psychiatrist. Now, and this time I mean it, go!” He shot out his hand and pointed to the open door. I quickly ran out and ran along the corridor then found the stairs and quickly ran up them. I really didn’t want to talk to anyone else. And a psychiatrist sounded really… Scary.
When I got to my floor there was another Officer standing, just waiting.
“Name,” he held some paper and a pen.
“Jonson, Sir,” he searched the paper for a couple of minutes then ticked something off and grabbed me by the arm, tightly. I flinched when he did. I’d never been touched by anyone before. When I flinched he gripped tighter and pulled me towards me.
“Come on, boy, what d’you think you’re doing?” He dragged me to the middle of the corridor and threw me into my cell. I fell onto the ground, my clothes and toiletries going all over the hard, concrete floor. My arm scraped along the floor and I fell onto my side, a huge scar running along my arm formed and started to bleed. The Officer laughed then slammed the door shut. I heard him lock the door and then walk away. Was I really in Prison?
Sign up to rate and review this story