Categories > Original > Drama > Prison Heartbreak

The Mistake

by blue_skies927 0 reviews

Chapter 1 -- A young boy tells us how he made a stupid mistake which ended up in him being thrown in Prison.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2007-11-10 - Updated: 2007-11-10 - 530 words

0Unrated
I was only 15 when I first went there. I knew that eventually I would have to go there if I kept living the way I was. But I had no choice. I didn’t have anywhere to go. I didn’t have a home, a family. I didn’t have anyone. But I’d learned to cope with it. Get used to it. When I was first put onto the street, well… I can’t even remember the first time I was put onto the street, I can always remember being there. The only person I could rely on was Sarah. I loved her. She was the only thing I cared about. She was so sweet, 5 years younger than me. I’ll always hate myself for having to leave her. I was the only one she could rely on. But there was no escaping my future. The confusing, horrible and heartbreaking experience I had to go through in Prison.


It was just a routine shop-lift. Go in, have a look around first, ask a shop assistant where something was to remove any suspicions then wait until they leave and snag a few things. Easy. I was an expert at it by now, after doing it all my life. This time, I left Sarah at home, she was getting ill. She had a high temperature and she was puking everywhere. This was such a blessing, as I look back on it now.
After asking the shop assistant where the medicine was, I walked around and looked at some other stuff until she went away. I made sure no one else was around and quickly grabbed a box and shoved it down my underwear. No one could look down there. This shop was one that didn’t have detectors. Much easier for stealing. But I’d forgotten one thing… I’d been here before, stolen from this shop before. It was the one that I almost got caught in.
“Shit!” I said under my breath. But she’d already seen me. The woman that reported me last time. She was picking up the phone. So I casually walked towards another isle, near the door, looking in the isles then started walking towards the door. From the corner of my eye I saw the woman talk to someone else, a young girl and point towards me. The young girl nodded her head and started to walk towards the door with speed.
“Sir! Excuse me!” She was talking to me, getting closer and closer. My heart was beating so fast. I was sweating underneath my thick black hood, a size too small for me. My ears were thumping with the beat of my heart. She was almost at the door. I started running. I ran out of the shop, turned to the left and started running faster. The wind whipped the hood off my head, but I kept running. I couldn’t slow down. I could see the corner, so close. I sharply turned left around it and ran into someone. I fell sharply to the ground and the man quickly grabbed me. As I looked up, I saw it was a police officer.
Sign up to rate and review this story