Fall out from the welcoming feast. Draco gets spanked. Snape gets spanked (again) Ginny abused.
- ^5's!!!!! A most excellent chapter! I'm glad to see that Hermione is healing with the love and support of Harry and Daphne....no doubt the bond has helped the process. It also helped that her friends are supporting the three wholeheartedly. As for the "Potion Princess" if she has any brains at all she'll take his warning seriously, especially after seeing the Ferret/Snivellous Morning Show. Harry spoke of selling tickets for what his wives would do to her, well methinks he could have sold them for that event.... three quarters of the school and most of the alumni will be sorry they missed it! Dumbles really should give it a rest, he had to know that Snape and Malfoy are stupid enough not quit when they've lost. I had the impression that Dumbles hadn't even bothered to warn Snape that Harry had full accesss to his power and that he was either number four or five on his list. Come to think of it, do Dumbles and Voldy share the top spot? As for Umbridge, she was already in the top ten, that remark about Hermione will have her moving up the line quickly......mostly because Harry and his wives might just start consolidating and grouping their irritants. I loved hearing what they did to Tonks! It always helps to have a good relationship with law enforcement. Dumbles had better start thinking about retirement, and that's if he's lucky. It's starting to look as though he'll end up on trial one way or another; either the legal system ot the court of public opinion. My bet would be both. He'll soon be facing McGonagall and the other teachers once they get the entire story. Hmmmm.....his ears will be burning for a long time, and that's not including the future face to face commentary of the staff. Many thanks again for writing such a great story, and I totally enjoyed the smackdowns that have taken place so far! As for Neville, will the next chapter show his reaction to being on the bachelor's list? Chuckle, he'll probably remember Harry's remarks during that visit and swear that it's all his fault!
Author's responseGood guess about Neville... The confrontations start in two chapters, first Ron, then Molly, then the death eaters, then Dumbles and Tommy together.
- Excellent chapter. It's always fun to use Pure-blood rules against them, isn't it?
Ginny might be smart enough to cut her loses (canon!Ginny wouldn't be). No version of Ron would be. Sic 'em! If people thought I was nasty to Ron at times in my earlier fics, just imagine what I think of him after he ran out on Hermione and Harry. . . .
- chuckle Aw, poor Draco and Snape are now finding that Harry's suddenly in a position to use their rules against them; that's gotta hurt. More to the point, I think it's great he's using the rules, and the Headmaster's previous actions, against him in a way he can't refute.
I liked how Hermione has come to terms with what happened with Ron and is now quite willing to be fully open in her intimate relationship with Harry.
I reckon Ginny's just starting to have reason to worry with what Harry and Hermione have told the other Gryffindors; I rather suspect Minerva is going to be -even- more displeased. If Ginny was to channel Tom, this is the point where she shifts all the blame onto Ron, her mother, and Dumbles and tries to skate out of it; I don't think she's quite that devious or quick thinking.
The newspaper articles were amusing and I look forward to seeing Neville's reaction to his situation. I suspect a certain wry and rueful attitude, likely followed by moving as swiftly as he can to shore up and strengthen his relationship with Hannah before some scheming witch can come between them.
The conclusion of how Tom reacted to Dumbles' meddling was illuminating and I wonder how long it will be before Tommy-boy contacts Harry with an offer of alliance; I can't see Harry buying it, but I can sure see him using that as a further bludgeon on Dumbles; esp. when he finds out how Voldemort arose out of Tom Riddle. Letting that information out could really stir things up; too, imagine Ginny's reaction if Harry tells her she's "getting off light" compared to what happened to the gal the last time Dumbles tried this stunt.
The interview with Minerva is undoubtedly going to stir up all sorts of repurcussions and such. I wonder how much Ron and Ginny will enjoy having 'most all their House, including the Head of House, thoroughly upset with them? Methinks it's not going to be a pleasant ride for them. Too, I doubt that the interview is going to present anything but trouble and suffering for Albus, good for him. ;)
He'll end up facing Dumbles and Tommy together? It should be interesting to see where the temporary alliances develop in that confrontation, if any. An arguement could be made for Harry in either direction that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and the big question may come down to "Who does Harry hate and despise more?"
Oh, I get the feeling that Tonks is going to be out of action for a while. I've never seen Madame Bones as anything but opposed to illegal nonsense by her Aurors or by -anyone- in her office. I daresay the enquirey into Tonks' actions is not going to help Dumbles' position with the Wizgamot, either.
Author's responseHermione's 'healing' has come along all to quickly, but in the sense that the story needs to move along, I'm living with it.
The Weasley's treatment by the rest of the school will be examined next chapter...
Neville is going to be publicly less than pleased with the Teen Witch Weekly article... Privately, a little ego stroking never hurts. Hannah is going to be less pleased, but for an entirely different reason, and I've got a silly little twist in mind.
To my mind, Tom never had the motivation for his behavior, at least not beyond JKR's infantile "He was born evil". Other than the french, people aren't born evil.
Well, as for who Harry hates more, all Tom has done it try to kill him...
Life is going to be unpleasant for tonks... Especially when mummy finds out what she has done.
- Oh, BTW, I consider this line to be an absolute classic:
"And if you pull that wand, I'll shove it so far up your ass, your eyes will glow when you say 'Lumos'."
Oh, and the excerpt from Voldie's past, it makes clear that Dumbles -still- hasnt' seen the need to convince his tools to use even a modicum of OPSEC. -shakes head- He's got way too much ego and overconfidence and I reckon he's just over-reached for near the last time. I suspect Harry won't be as quick as Tom wants to be, certainly not when Harry, Hermione, and Daphne work together.
Author's responseI've been amazed at the number of comments that line has gotten...
Sadly, Dumbles, like so many other powerful wizards, might be wise, but isn't very bright.
- I can well imagine Hannah is going to be rather displeased with Neville making that list, at a minimum it's going to greatly increase the number of witches interested in "poaching" on her interests; if Neville's really serious about her, he may have to take certain steps a bit earlier than he'd anticipated. OTOH, he's smarter and more powerful than given credit for, IMHO, and he may well be prepared, or quickly prepare, for that eventuality. That could get "colorful" in several ways.
It would be interesting, indeed, to see the reaction on Dumbles' face if Harry and Tom declared a truce and took care of him before squaring off against each other. I can't see Harry turning dark, not now, so an alliance is out of the question but a temporary truce to eliminate a "distraction" would be quite plausible.
Author's responseOh Hannah isn't pleased with the list, but not for the reason you imagine. She understands Neville and knows that he wouldn't cheat on her...
I'm having some fun with the list.
As far as the final confrontation goes, no hints.
- An author always gets brownie points from me if he manages to insert a piece of humor that I am not able to spot until the second reading of a chapter. "- Lois Lane Reporting" ? I thought she was in Washington DC, but as a pun it works beautifully. When I computed the name I couldn’t stop letting my “inner eye” imagining the Son of Krypton get a bit of the action also, though there aren’t many phone booths in the wizarding world. There aren’t many phones period. You also managed to squeeze birth of Rorschach from The Watchmen into the plot. Will we be seeing more references from other comics into this fic. Or any other of your fics? If yes, I for one particularly like Hellblazer, Lucifer and Sandman. But I’m not picky. It would be fun to hunt them down. I don’t think that it would be an outright appearance of a hero or villain, as you seem to be more refined than that. And thus it is that is even more fun a search. Now I’m off to reread your other stories to see if it has happened before…
Author's response- Nah, Lois was a throw away line that tickled me, Neither Clark nor Kal-el will be making an appearance in this fic..
- Though if you like your superheroes abused, take a look at my story "Trademark Dispute" Many heroes from many companies appear, including an animated character or three.