Categories > Original > Romance > Jaded power

Blue and Black Penalty

by magita 0 reviews

Jade is intrigued by Anthony, a hockey player that she has never noticed before.

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-11-17 - Updated: 2007-11-19 - 512 words

0Unrated
Hello everyone, this is the first chapter to my story. It will get better, I promise. I figured out the italics so I had to come back in and change the bolded stuff. I must say that putting in bold thoughts set me apart from the masses, but conforming makes me feel more adept at editing, oh well. enjoy!

Jade shifted in the uncomfortable stadium seat that made was one of thousands in the hockey arena. She sighed and got a wiff of the hockey players sitting in front of her. The only bad thing about being a hockey manager is the smell. She was vaguely aware of the conversation that two of her friends were having. She listened for a moment.

"What are you talking about, that is the most disgusting thing I've ever had to smell," Alaina said.

"I can't believe you have such a strong opinion on my lip gloss. It isn't that bad. I like cinnamon things," Eva defended her lip gloss.

"Shut up, you could be watching the game like you're supposed to. Go Keegan!!!" Cadence cheered for the team while simultaneously shutting them both up. She was the only other one in the group who was a manager. Jade liked her more than the other girls for the aura of power that surrounded her. She could make someone that she just met terrified to get on her bad side. Everyone loved her, and she was never smug about it.

"Yeah Blake!!!" Jade cheered as she saw Blake Michaels break away and skate towards the goalie. He charged straight for the obviously frightened 16 year old in the net, only to swerve to the right when he got within a few feet of him. He skated expertly around the goal and shot the puck in back hand as he immerged on the left side of the net. He was an impressive player. Jade loved that she was the one to set him up with Cadence since they'd been dating for over a year now.

"Yeah baby,"Cadence said aloud. They all watched the other players surround him with words of praise and congratulatory gestures. One player skated to the penalty box directly in front of them. Jade got a glimpse of him through his helmet. He noticed her watching him and flashed her a grin full of dazzling white teeth and accompanied it with a cocky wink. Jade curiously tilted her head to the left as he sat down with his back towards her. Who is that? He was wearing blue and black so he's on our team. Why haven't I noticed him before? I must be a fantastic manager if I can't even tell that someone is on the team I represent. She scoffed at her sarcastic thoughts.

"Who just got a penalty?" Jade inquired nonchalantly.

"Probably Anthony," Cadence laughed when she saw his number appear on the penalty section of the scoreboard, "yep. He's best friends with Blake,"

"Why'd he get that penalty? I wasn't paying attention,"

"Hooking I think,"Cadence replied.

"Anthony,"Jade repeated aloud.

Sign up to rate and review this story