Categories > Celebrities > All-American Rejects > The Letters

Letter 12

by JMSBBHB 0 reviews

The girls debut performance on the Jay Leno show also turns into their firs official interview.

Category: All-American Rejects - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-11-19 - Updated: 2007-11-20 - 1725 words

0Unrated
Dear Sexy,
In New York. It’s Boring! Back to the Story:


The girls were waiting in the Green Room at the Tonight Show studio. It was extremely nice. They pretty much got anything a person wanted. If the girls wanted croutons instead of crackers, they got them. It almost made a person never want to leave.

Anyway, the girls were sitting around talking trying to prepare themselves for this huge moment. It had only been a few weeks and they were already playing on Jay Leno. This whole thing was pretty unrealistic. Then one of the employees came into the room and told them that they had a huge open slot since one of the skits had to be cut out for some medical reason and that they decided to fill it with an interview with the girls. Of course, they were all totally fine with it. So now The Reeds were not only performing but being interviewed as well. This was insane.

After another half hour of waiting, the same employee came in to tell them that they would be on in 5 minutes. All of them immediately got up and followed him to the stage. The nerves started to come now that this was all too real. Alex was extremely calm. She just checked her drums and sat down ready to go. Mickie was the complete opposite. She was so nervous she couldn’t even speak. She sat at the beautiful white piano and breathed deeply to settle he stomach. Mara and Elisa had nervous excitement. They were jumping around as they toned their guitars.

“Woo! Ready?!” Mara smiled energetically.

Eliza “woo-ed” back, Mickie gave her a little head nod as she slowly inhaled, and Alex said something along the lines of “Hell yeah!” just then they got the cue to stay quiet as they heard the white haired host speak.

“Our next guest is a brand new band making their debut here. They have received great acclaim in just a few weeks. Their new CD is ‘What Truly Happened to the Flap-jack.’ I give you The Reeds!” he announced and the girls waited for their next cue to begin playing.

After a second one of the men pointed at Mickie who immediately began the melody on the piano, and Eliza and Mara followed.

“She found me again the other day,” Mickie sand as the camera caught every moment of their performance.

After Alex banged the last beat, the audience began to cheer, and it was amazing. The whole nation was now going to know who The Reeds were.

No more that two seconds after they were finished Jay was right there next to Mickie saying, “Thanks guys! That was wonderful,” as he shook each girls hand. “We’ll be right back with more of The Reeds,” he yelled toward the camera over the din of the crowd, and then the little red light went out indicating they were “off the air” so to speak.

Once he (Jay) saw that little red light disappear, he led the girls to the other half of the stage that contained his desk and the couch and chair.

“Have a seat, ladies,” he offered and the four accepted as they sat themselves down. Mara sat in the single chair and the other three plopped down on the couch. “Ready?” Jay asked once he saw they were settled.

“Yep,” Mara replied and the rest gave him very enthusiastic nods. So Jay gave the producer another signal and the red light on a different camera flashed on.

“Alright,” Jay said right away, “we’re back with more with The Reeds. So,” he turned toward the four gorgeous girls, “you guys got popular pretty quickly. How did you manage that?”

The girls all kind of looked at each other to see who was going to answer. Mara decided to get it started saying, “The almighty power of youtube ….”

The girls all smiled and giggled a little. “Yeah … we basically made asses of ourselves on youtube,” Mickie added. “That and Pete Wentz is a god at selling bands.” The rest of the girls nodded in agreement.

“Pete was the one who discovered you guys, right?” Jay asked keeping the conversation following smoothly.

“Umm … yes and no,” Mara replied thoughtfully, “Tyson was really the one who discovered us. Pete was the one that signed us.”

“Tyson Ritter?” Jay clarified. Mara nodded in response. “How did that happen? Cause you guys aren’t from a very big city, are you?”

“No (light giggle)… No we’re not, but umm … that’s more of Mara’s story,” Mickie said to prompted Mara to tell exactly how Tyson ended up in Nowheresville, USA.

Mara laughed as she thought of the though first letters … oops! I mean Months (haha silly me!). “Well see Tyson was hiding out at his aunt and uncles pretending to be some guy named Ryan so that way he could get away from the paparazzi, but the idiot wasn’t very good at hiding his identity ‘cause I recognized him right away. So any way he came to one of our practices and apparently called Pete up who just flew down in two seconds to check us out. We didn’t even know he was coming so it was kind of a shock when we saw him, and his first words to us were ‘I want to sign you.’”

“That must have been really cool …” Jay sort of asked.

“Yeah … well, you know we have connections,” Mickie winked jokingly.

Jay laughed a little then moved right along asking another question toward Mara, “Now I heard you and Tyson are actually dating right now.”

Mara let out her kind of ‘oh, let me tell ya” laugh as she told that he was right. “Actually we’re all pretty much except for Mickie dating an All American Rejects boy.”

“That must be a lot of fun,” Jay laughed, and the girls all nodded in agreement. “And there really close with Fall Out Boy, right? So you guys must be at some pretty crazy parties, huh?”

All four of the girls laughed pretty hard at this question. “Yeah,” Eliza snorted. “Boys,” Mickie laughed under her breath. “Pete and his friends pretty much trashed our place last night,” Alex explained. “Yeah, but he is soo cute. He sent a maid over to clean it up for us today,” Mara giggled.

Jay laughed along with the girls. “That was nice of him. That Pete Wentz always a gentleman,” he joked.

“Yep!”

“So I actually saw that you guys were kind of guest stars in The All American Rejects’ new music video,” he continued.

“Yeah, we got to be the sexy ex-girlfriends for Night Drive. It was really a lot of fun we got to pretend we were chasing them down with motorcycles,” Mara said.

“Yeah, it was really cool. We got to act like totally jerks and push them around, but the motorcycle part was the greatest especially when Mickie fell off her FAKE one,” Alex really emphasized the last part making sure to really embarrass her which she totally successes in because Mickie was bright red now.

“I was very unstable,” Mickie attempted to explain to no avail. Everyone was still laughing at her, but she laughed right along with them.

“Well, I actually think we have some of that music video to show,” jay said as he glanced over at his producer who gave him a nod in confirmation, so Jay pressed the little T.V. button on his desk. Instantly, a large flat screen rose out of a little compartment behind the chairs with a picture that looked like Mara’s leg and foot on a chest. The second the screen was finally all the way up, and Jay introduced the video saying, “All American Reject’s new music video Night drive featuring The Reeds,” the screen began to move. Mara’s foot pressed against the chest to push, what ended up being Tyson, down. Then as the song moved to the chorus the scene switched to Tyson and the other three boys driving at break neck speeds down a dark highway to nowhere. A few seconds later, four motorcycle appeared behind them each carrying one of The Reeds girls. Each one of them were wear some extremely gorgeous outfit and looked like expert riders, but of course, as the story earlier suggested, that was all an illusion. Finally after a few more seconds the video stopped before the next verse, and the focus turned back to the four girls sitting on the couch and chair.

“Well, you would have never guessed that you were shaky on that thing, Mickie,” Jay encouraged her and she said thank you as she laughed. “Next, time you’re here I’ll have to let you guys have a spin on one of my real motorcycles,” Jay laughed and all the girls agreed, of course. “Well, thank you girls for being here. You’ll have to come again sometime,” he said as the girls nodded their heads then he turned to the camera. “Stay tuned for Late Night with Conan O’Brian. Good-night.” And the camera’s little red light flashed off.

The studio was all hustle and bustle now as they cleaned it up and put things away. Jay stayed with the girls a little while longer to talk to them but then he was called anyway. So the girls were escorted back to the greenroom where they got there things and were ready to head back to the house. As they walk out the room and down the hall, Mara’s cell went off. It was Tyson. She answered it quickly, “Hey what’s up?” Silence “Really?” Silence “Awesome.” Silence “Awesome” Silence “Okay, yeah we’ll totally be there.” Silence “Alright, bye babe.”

All the girls looked at her as if to ask ‘what the hell!’

“The boys were invited to the Grammys. They want us to be there dates!”


Okay that’s all for now. Sorry it has taken me sooo long. I have just been hellas busy 9and I found these really good books that have me captivated) but hopefully the next one won’t take as long. Well, I have to go there is party planning to do. Good-bye, darling!

Love Always,
BEAUTIFUL
Sign up to rate and review this story