Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Stole My Heart Gerard Way

Hope For The Best

by MicVSMoshpit 0 reviews

Gerard and Sara, together, and on tour.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-11-28 - Updated: 2007-11-28 - 1291 words - Complete

0Unrated
I tripped as I ran towards the stage, already 15 minutes late, and I came crashing to a halt at someone’s feet, only to have a black shoe tap my head.

"You okay Way?" he asked, grabbing one of my arms and helping me up.

"Yeah, thanks Ronnie." I brushed myself off, and hurried to the stage, but this time walking. The guys were already hammering away on their instruments, and I felt sheepish as I walked out into the lights. One by one, they realized that I had arrived, and they stopped playing.

"What the hell!" exclaimed Frank. "What happened!?"

"I'm sorry, I just, I got caught up in something."

Frank raised an eyebrow, but Ray, who had wandered over to Frank and me, had spotted the mark on my neck. We exchanged a knowing glance before he grinned at me.

Ray was one of my good friends, obviously, so when it came to my life, he knew just about every aspect of it. Not to mention that he was the only person I confided in when Sara and I had had sex.

"I did it!" I said through panting, and holding onto Ray's door frame for support. After he ushered me in, and we were safely tucked away in his room so no one could here, I said again, "I did it!"

"Did what? You're being a bit too vague."

"I had sex!"

Ray's expression was picture worthy. His eyes were wide, his eyebrows half way up his forehead.

"Who was it? How was it? When was it?" he asked so quickly, it all sounded like one word, and I replied with two syllables.

"Sara."

His jaw literally dropped, and he shook his head. "You're not joking, are you?"

"No, I would never joke about something like this. Shit Ray, it was amazing. I mean, I have nothing to compare it to, but, I can't compare it to anything I've ever felt."

I remember too vividly the conversation, because I memorized everything about that day so I would never forget it. So when it came to my life, and especially Sara, he was the first to be informed.

"Come on, enough with the talking, let's finish this," called Bob from his drums. I walked over to my microphone, and the second it was in my hands, I knew that the show that night would be incredible.
x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x

Alicia and I were sitting on a sofa playing cards when the bands all came down the stairs. I knew of one of the opening bands, Billy Talent, because they had been to my old work, Much Music, several times before. But the other band, Escape The Fate, I had only heard their name.

"How was it?" Alicia asked them.

"That felt like one of the best shows we've played," Frank said almost questioningly. "I can't figure out why. Usually first shows of tours are crap."

Gerard approached me with a smile, and I stood up to welcome him. He swept me up in his arms and whispered, "It's because of you." He covered my lips with his but I still wasn't comfortable with PDA with him, so I pulled away quickly. I could tell that I had hurt him, so I took his hand in mine and squeezed it. A moment later, he squeezed it back.

"I think I should introduce you to everyone," he said, although the members of the other bands had wondered over to the food table. All but one, who stood a few feet away from Gerard and myself.

"This is Ronnie Radke," said Gerard.

"Hi," I said. He had choppy black hair, and tattoos anywhere his skin was showing, including his neck. His nose was pierced, and his eyes were defined by eye liner. He exuded an arrogance that already irritated me, yet at the same time, I found him intriguing.

He looked over at me, and replied passively. "Hey." He turned to Gerard and said, "So where's your wife?"

Gerard looked at him, confused by the question. "She's right here."

Ronnie looked at me again, this time studying me more closely. His eyes travelled to my stomach, and suddenly I became very self conscious. Then he looked back into my eyes and smiled.

"Sorry about that," he said. "You're just, not what I expected."

"Oh, what were you expecting?"

"I don't know. Less-" he paused, then shook his head. "Never mind, it's a pleasure to meet you." He joined the rest of his band and Gerard pulled me towards the dressing room. We sat down on the small love seat in the corner, me in his lap. He ran his hands through my hair and then kissed my forehead. I laced my fingers through his.

"Are you going to watch tomorrow night?" he asked.

I had wanted to watch that night, but paranoia consumed my thoughts so much. I was afraid that if I watched from the side, someone would recognize me. I made sure that I didn't look on the internet or anywhere else that I might find it, but I knew that I was now known by many MCR fans because of mine and Gerard’s ordeal.

"Maybe."

"We're going to be alright aren't we?"

"Of course. Nothing and no one will get in between you and me this time. I promi-" I was saying, just as Ronnie had burst into the room with a pack of beers in one arm and a girl in the other. Neither one seemed to notice us as he dropped the beer onto a chair and started to practically eat her face off.

I had to suppress a laugh as I got off Gerard’s lap and we quietly crept out of the room. Instead of joining everyone else, Gerard asked, "Do you feel like taking a walk?", but before I had a chance to answer, his manager came up behind us and said, "No, you two aren't going anywhere. We need to talk."

We followed him to a small make shift office and we sat down on two folding chairs. Beside me, Gerard shifted uncomfortably in his chair and took my hand.

"I know you guys have been going through some stuff lately, and I can respect your privacy, unfortunately that's not the case for half of everyone else out there. I know this is going to sound bad, but we were hoping that you two could keep your PDA to minimum. We don't want to be followed everywhere. It would make it easier for all of you."

We sat in silence for a moment. I was content with no PDA. I mean, the most I liked to do in public was hold hands, so I was fine and ready to agree with it, but not Gerard.

"So, basically," he started, "you're telling me that I can't kiss my wife? Or show any kind of affection for her because you're afraid of the press following us?"

"Well, I didn't say it like that."

"Yeah, but that's what you meant. I'm not sure if you have noticed, but we're not celebrities in that sense. People in Hollywood don't give two shits about who we are. The only people that care are deranged teen girls who have school girl crushes. And sure, it may be an invasion of privacy to a degree, but I don't care. I want people to know how I feel about her." He gave my hand a small squeeze.

His manager sighed. "Okay, fine."

Gerard stood up and literally pulled me out of the room. Out in the hall, Gerard kissed me ever so lightly.

"Nothing is going to push us away this time. Nothing," he said, and I prayed it to be true.
Sign up to rate and review this story