Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The clock still ticks.

Time spent with lazy days getting your butt kicked.

by 12shawab 0 reviews

Three months Later.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Itachi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-11-28 - Updated: 2007-11-28 - 891 words - Complete

0Unrated
Three months later.
~~~

Brook and Sasori's puppets flew at each other again and again, matching their masters' moves. Brook's white hair flew behind her, blocking her vision when she jumped back. Sasori moved quickly, but not fast enough to avoid Brook's Sharingan eyes.

"Come on. Is that all you got?" Brook smiled as she held his knife with her's.

"Not even," Sasori said, "Close!" Her knife flew out of her hand when he said that. He had caught it in a notch.

Brook lost her focus on her puppet and he tore that to shreds as well.

"Ah, man!" She yelled as she declared defeat. "Now I have to fix it!" She walked over to her puppet and turned to Sasori with mock depression. "How could you?" Her lip quivered and he kicked a rock at her.

"Oh, suck it up."

"But now I have to fix it!" She yelled back, her hands in fists at her sides.

They all burst out laughing then and Itachi was at her side, holding her around her waist.

"I'll help." Itachi whispered in her ear.

She laughed at him. "As if. You'd just break it more." She angled her head up so he would kiss her. He did. It was quick, but good, nonetheless.

"Okay... You can carry it." Brook said, skipping away from him. Her puppet's many pieces were dragged behind her, the strings of chakra were visible to Itachi's eyes. He picked up the pieces she left behind and followed her to the shop in the large building.

He closed the door behind him, setting the parts on the table. Brook walked in front of him, her legs barely covered by her denim shorts and the black boots that went to just below her knees that had red clouds on them. She was the only one that didn't wear the robe. She thought she looked fat in it. Itachi thought she looked downright sexy in it.

He grabbed her hand and turned her around, picked her up, and sat her on the work table.

"What's wrong?" She asked when his lips were an inch from her's.

He sighed. She could tell if something was wrong every time. "Nothing's wrong, babe." She looked at him skeptically. "Promise," He said, "I'll seal it with a kiss." He kissed her gently on the mouth and she linked her legs behind him. He could feel the tense muscles there, shaking gently from their workout.

He pulled away from her mouth and moved to her neck, kissing that sensitive spot where her shoulder and neck met. She shivered with the pleasure.

She pulled his face back to her's, and was satisfied to see that his breathing was slightly shaky and shallow.

His eyes met hers and his breathing became even and her's sped up.

"I love you." He said, not breaking her eye contact.

"I love you, too." She said. A shy smile crept onto her lips. He rested his forehead on her's, the headband she now wore clanking against his.

"Let's promise that nothing will ever come between us. Never." He said, taking her face in his hands and stroking her cheek with his thumb.

"I promise. Do you?" She closed her eyes and took in her favorite scent. Sawdust.

"Brook, look at me." She opened her eyes and he kept them in the steel traps that were his eyes. "I promise you that I will love you forever. No matter what. Okay?" He smiled at her, and she returned it with a grin.

"Okay. I believe you. You better show it." She was laughing as he kissed her. After kissing for a couple minutes, Brook pulled away from him and rested her hands on the worktable she was sitting on and leaned back on them, her shirt moving up and showing the onyx gem stud in her belly button that matched Itachi's eyes.

"We should probably get to work on this," She said, gesturing towards her dismantled puppet.

"You mean YOU should get to work. I'd just mess it up more." He laughed with her and kissed her again.

"Aren't you going to stay here with me while I work?" She asked, her hands on his neck.

"Of course."

Brook smiled and got to work and Itachi turned on the radio. Brook left for one second and came back in ripped jeans and an old, tight t-shirt. Her white and red hair was pulled back into a bun and a bandana was tied around her head to keep her hair out of her face.

She occasionaly asked him for help finding a tool, but, other than that and singing, she was silent. Itachi flipped through magazines and watched her dance to songs on the radio. He laughed at her a couple times, getting her very happy smiles in return.

Even though she liked it here and felt like she finally fit in, she stilled cried sometimes at night. Usually she would start to cry in her sleep then stop before she woke up, but he always held her closer when she cried, and liked to think it helped. Even though he knew that if it weren't for him, she would never cry.

"Okay, I'm done. This thing hates me." She said, kicking some of the tools on the floor, sending them sliding across the room.
Sign up to rate and review this story