Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Anger Is The Brand New Thing

Three.

by fall3n_ang3l 3 reviews

.....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-12-10 - Updated: 2007-12-11 - 3651 words

0Unrated
"OK. Well thanks a lot. Yes. Thanks again. Bye," Bob said before hanging up the phone. Emily and I sat there in silence waiting for Bob to tell us what that was all about.
"That was my boss. He was asking if I was sure I wanted to go to Jersey for work. And I said yes but there was a catch," he said. I stared at him. Was I not allowed to go?
"We leave this weekend," he said. I almost fell of my seat. My mouth fell open as he started pacing up and down the room.
"Bob, this weekend. That is in 2 days. We have to pack everything we need for six months in 2 days!" I almost screamed. He nodded.
"Yes. I know this is really unexpected for you but I knew and I thought that if I didn't tell you, you might want to stay here. The same with Aimee. Me and Steph decided not to tell you guys because you might have changed your mind but I guess not," he said.
"Why didn't you tell us? And why did you think we would change our minds?" I yelled at him. He looked down to the ground so that his fringe covered his face.
"Well, I don't know. We just thought it was for the best. Don't get mad," he said. I gave a sarcastic laugh.
"DON'T GET MAD! Abit late for that Bobby. I haven't even thought about the things I want to bring. Oh God does mom know?" I asked. He nodded. Emily grabbed my hand and led me up the stairs. As we entered my room, she let go and started to rummage through all my drawers and my cupboard.
"What are you doing?" I sort of yelled trying to stop her from throwing everything on the floor.
"Well, you are going aren't you? You need to pack," she said not stopping. I finally understood and joined her in getting all my clothes. Jeans, t-shirts, hoodies, shoes and all the bare necessities went into two of my big suitcase. Then in my smaller one I put all my make-up, hair shit and all the other toiletries I needed.

Within 2 hours I was fully packed for living in Jersey for three months. I walked back downstairs to find Steph and Bob deep in conversation on the lounge. I went over to say hello to Steph and then Emily went and joined in the conversation. I felt kind of weird staying there with them considering I was only 17 and they were 20, 22 and 23. I looked up at the clock and realised school had just finished. I told Bob that I was going to see Aimee.
"Should I tell her we leave on Saturday?" I asked Steph. She was reluctant at first but Bob said it was a good idea and so did Emily, so eventually Steph came around. So off I went to see Aimee and I was talking to myself the whole way there.
"We leave on SATURDAY! No that's no good. WE leave on Saturday. Ah fuck it," I said out pretty loud. An old lady turned and scoffed at me. I just kept my head down and walked until I got to Aimee's house. She was sitting out side on her front verandah.
"Oh thank god. I was worried about you all day. How are you? And do you know where my sister is? I don't have my keys," Aimee said embracing me in a hug. Nope, now was not exactly the right time to tell her.
"Umm yea I am fine. Oh and Steph is at my place talking to Bob. Why don't we go round the back?" she nodded as we both jumped over her back fence and were greeted by her dog, Geoffrey.
"So what did I miss out on today?" I asked. She laughed and got ready as she always does when she has big news. Still not the right time.
"Well first of all. All the teachers were asking us where you were and we said we didn't know. Then Hannah said you were wagging class and Lucas backed her up. Bunch of dicks. Anyway, so then we were no she is at home sick. They bought it after a lot of twisting of the story. Afterwards, at lunch Chris was fuming still over Lucas and he went to go punch him after he said something about you being a slut, but luckily Zac restrained him. So then in 5th period-" I cut her off I could not hold on any longer.
"WE LEAVE ON SATURDAY FOR JERSEY!" I blurted out. Her eyes widened and then she began to laugh.
"Ah, Kaylee you have always been a funny one. Anyway where was I?" she didn't believe me. She thought I was joking.
"No, I am serious. We leave on Saturday Aimee," I said. It had finally sunk into her little pea sized brain.
"I AM PRAYING RIGHT NOW TO THE ROCK GODS OF MISFITS THAT YOU ARE JOKING!" she yelled at me. I shook my head and as quickly as I said it, she had gotten the spare key, unlocked the back door and was already upstairs screaming and asking me what to bring through her window. I just laughed and slowly made my way upstairs. It was going to be a long afternoon.

"So do you think I have everything?" Aimee asked for the millionth time. I just nodded. There was no point in answer with words because she would just ask again in another 5 minutes. It was like talking to a brick wall.
"We should tell Violet and Nicola. And Maybe Chris too," Aimee said reaching over for her phone.
"And what about Zac? Were you just planning on him finding out from everyone else?" I asked. I saw her tense up and her eyes glassed over. She shook it off and grabbed her phone.
"Oh come on Aimee. This is stupid. You have been with Zac for 2 years, friends with him for 7. You two can't just go your separate ways to different countries without a proper goodbye. Just call him and tell him what you really feel. If you still love him you can make it work long distance,"
"NO I CAN'T" she yelled at me and jumping up at the same time. Immediately she realised what she had done and sat back down.
"Aimee. Come on, you have to face your demons. You cant just run away,"
"Oh like what you are doing?" I felt like someone had just stabbed my heart with a knife and twisted it.
"No no no. Kaylee I am so sorry I didn't mean it to sound that bad. It is just you don't know what it is like to lose-"
"Someone you love? Yes, I do Aimee. I lost Lucas and thought I loved him. You just need some closure. Ring Zac and have a real breakup if you think it is for the best," I said. How could she of all people think I didn't know what it was like to lose someone you loved? She nodded and took her phone into the bathroom. After a few minutes I could her a few sobs coming from the bathroom and then a crash. I ran in to see that see was sitting in her bathtub and her phone smashed to pieces on the ground. I walked over to her and hugged her while she cried.
"As soon as I said it was me he broke up with me properly. I mean he couldn't of let me ask how he was? NO!" She said. I could tell she was not going to take this well.
"But that is good isn't it? I mean at least now you have some closure,"
"Yes I know. I wanted closure. But I also wanted to be the one who broke up with him. Now it looks like he dumped me," I laughed at this comment. Aimee was always one to care about what people thought of her. When I realised she was giving me a dirty look I stopped laughing and said,
"Oh yes. What a dick head," in replied to her look. She took that and went back to looking at her feet. I tried to haul her up but she was good at holding back.
"Just leave me here. And turn on the water. I want to drown in my sorrows,"
"No. No you will not drown in your sorrows. You need to come to New Jersey with me and you need to get away from Zac. You need to find someone new. Come on, get up shit head," I said, again trying to heave her up. This time she co-operated and came out of the tub. We made her way back into her room, where she flopped down onto her bed. I decided to leave her there as I noticed she started to fall asleep. As I was leaving I noticed Stephanie's car pull up. I saw her get out of the car and 10 seconds later Emily's car pulled up behind the other, but it wasn't Emily. It was Bob who went right up to Steph and hugged her. They obviously did not notice me because they started to make out leaning against the car. Emily, Aimee and I were right. Aimee's sister was dating my brother. Bob finally noticed me and pushed Steph away. I walked towards them
"Don't worry Bobby. Emily, Aimee and I know. It is kind of obvious. See you at home Bob. Bye Steph," I said with a smirk on my face. I walked away but I just managed to hear Bob and Stephanie quietly laughing.

As I arrived home, I noticed Emily's car was not in the driveway. I assumed she was out but when I got inside there she was sitting on the couch.
"Hey, where is your car?" I asked her closing the door behind me. She held her hand up to me, not taking her eyes off the TV. I flopped down next to her and noticed that she was watching Music News. Once it was over, she turned to me.
"OK nothing good. Oh yea, Bob said he had to go somewhere and that his car was low on gas so he took mine. Did you see him at all on your walk home?" she asked me. I smirked.
"Yes, when I was at Aimee's. He rolled up in your car, now that I know it was yours, and then they started making out. We were so right," I squealed sort of bouncing on the couch. Emily clapped and smiled ear to ear. At that moment someone knocked on the door. Emily went to open it and then Chris walked into the lounge room.
"I will leave you guys to it. I will be upstairs," she said. I was still sitting on the couch and Chris was in the doorway.
"You know, you can come and sit down. I don't bit," I said patting the spot next to me. He slowly came and sat next to me. We didn't speak. I am not saying I really wanted to hear what he had to say but it was awkward.
"So this Saturday huh?" he said still not looking at me. How the hell did he know?
"Yeah but how did you-"
"Zac is my best friend you know. Aimee told him and he needed someone to help him vent. I was there," was all he said before standing up. I was amazed at how he was so vague.
"I hope you don't expect me to be happy for you. Zac is leaving and so are you. I am losing my best friends. There is nothing keeping me here so what is the point of staying? Aimee is going with you as well so there you go,"
"But you have Nicola and Violet,"
"Oh yeah, the three 'emo' loners. How is that going to look in a school full of jocks and preps? I have to go, see you round," he said before leaving. I sat there shocked as I heard him drive away. What did he mean by 'there was nothing keeping him here anymore so what's the point'? Emily peeked her head over the banister to see if Chris was still here. Once she realised he was no longer here she ran down the stairs two at a time.
"What was all that about? Has innocent little Chris grown into a hormone crazed boy and wants to get it on with my sister?" she asked smiling. I rolled my eyes before walking away.
"What did I say?!" she yelled. I ignored her again and made my way into my room. In exactly 41 hours and 13 minutes I would be on a plane to New Jersey. Oh how I could not wait.

It was Friday afternoon, last period of the day. Last period of my schooling life in Chicago. I would be finishing my senior year in Jersey. Aimee was sitting next to me quickly scribbling down notes into her book.
"Why do you even bother? We won't be here for the rest of the year," I said laughing at her. She didn't even look up as she flipped me off. I looked over to Chris to see that he was looking at me. I threw him a faint smile and he ignored it before turning back to the teacher. What the fuck was wrong with him? It wasn't like I was never going to talk to him again.
"Miss Bryar lets see what you think," the teacher said. I had no idea what the answer was or even what we were talking about. I glanced up at the bored to realise there was nothing on it. Oh. Shit.
"Umm well I think. I think," I was completely stumped.
"I think that you have been paying no attention. Have you?" she said looking straight at me. I looked just past her shoulder to see the clock. I had five minutes left of this period. I looked back at the teacher and smiled.
"Well not exactly. You see this is my last five minutes at this school and then I am not coming back until I finish senior year in Jersey. So I really didn't care. Look now its four minutes. How about I save you the trouble of yelling at me and leave now. I will wait for you out front Aimee and Chris. Bye Miss," I said turning towards the door. As I stepped out and closed the door I heard giggles coming from Aimee and the rest of the class. I peeked in through the keyhole and saw Chris laughing too. I smiled at myself and made my way to the front gates. After about five minutes everyone started filing out of all the buildings. I was greeted by Zac and Violet, then Nicola and finally Aimee and Chris.
"Look guys. I know we all have our own little awkwardness's, if that makes sense, but its Aimee, Kaylee and Zac's last night here. We should celebrate our friendship. We can't leave like this," Violet said. In my heart I agreed with her but my head was saying NO!
"I agree. Lets all go the park and just relax," Nicola said. After a few minutes, Nicola and Violet convinced us all to go to the park. As we walked, we all loosened up and started acting like our old selves again. Once we had finally reached the park, we went to the coolest and oldest tree there.
"I have an idea. Lets all carve our names into the tree. Make it our tree," Nicola said. She was the first to carve her name followed by Violet, Chris, Zac, Aimee and finally me. Once we had all carved our names, Nicola and Violet seemed pretty pleased. I saw that Chris was sitting on one side of the seesaw. This was my chance to ask him what he meant last night.
"Hey can I sit?" I asked, pointing to the other side of the seesaw. He just shrugged. I got on and we started to go up and down, up and down.
"Hey I was just wondering about something you said last night," I said as sweet as possible.
"What?" was what I got in return.
"Well you said that there was no point in staying. What did you mean? Chris please don't let it mean what I think it does,"
"What do you think it means Kaylee? That I am suicidal? What are you going to try and do, send me to a shrink or get me help? Fuck off Kaylee. As if you give a shit. Your leaving remember and leaving this life behind. Going off to your new life and leaving me and just forgetting me," he sort of yelled. I felt my eyes start to sting. NO! I wouldn't give him the satisfaction.
"I am not going off to my new life just to forget you. Chris I am going to get away from Lucas and my dad but I will be back. And I am not leaving anything behind. I will be in contact and I am only a few hours away by plane. Chris you are acting stupid. You're supposed to be my best friend-"
"AND THAT'S ALL I WILL EVER BE TO YOU. YOU BEST FRIEND! YOU DON'T GET IT KAYLEE! I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU!" he yelled at me. By this stage everyone else was looking at us. He got off the seesaw as quickly as possible, letting me thump to the ground. He walked across the park and out of sight. Great, that is exactly how I wanted to leave things with him.

"Get your ass up," Bob said to me while shaking me violently. It was finally here. The day I left for Jersey. Once it had finally sunk in, I bounced out of bed and jumped in the shower. I shampooed, conditioned and washed all in 15 minutes. As I stepped out Mom was knocking on the bathroom door.
"Darling there is someone on the phone for you," she said. I wrapped a towel around me and opened the door abit to grab the phone.
"Hello,"
"Hey Kayls,"
"Zac? What are you doing calling me?"
"I know but I need a favour from you,"
"Yeah OK. What is it?"
"I will be at your place in 20 minutes and I am going to give you something. It's a present for Aimee. Can you give it to her please but don't say who its from?"
"Zac," I sighed
"I know but please,"
"OK see you in 20," and I hung up the phone. Why did I have such weird friends. I walked across the hall and into my room. it was difficult to find what to wear considering all the clothes I wanted were packed in my suitcase, which may I add was way over the weight limit. I went to my cupboard where I had left a few things hanging just so mom wouldn't feel like I had completely gone. Shit, all I had were 3 dresses, one from a wedding, 4 pairs of baggy, oversized jeans that no longer fit me, a few t-shirts and a pair of shorts. Sighing, I grabbed the shorts and a Pacman shirt.
"Can anyone tell me how cold it is outside?" I screamed through the house. Bob was the first to answer.
"Its cold and it will be cold there too," he yelled. I grunted. And I chose shorts and a t-shirt. Deciding not to unpack my suitcase I went to Emily’s room. I raided her cupboard until I found an oversized hoodie, which was mine! I put in on as well as grabbing her make up. I went to the bathroom to do my make up when I realised I had no shoes. I did my make up and went back to Emily's room and stole one or her 8 pairs of converse. Like she would notice.
"Don't think I wont notice," Emily said standing in the doorway. I smiled at her and shrugged.
"You had my hoodie for so long. Now I get you shoes,"
"Fine but when you come back I want them," I saluted and made my way downstairs. Just in time to see Zac outside. Making my way out I saw a little black box in his hand.
"Here. Don't tell her its from me OK," was all he said before walking away. I was curious to see what it was but I didn't open it. It wasn't mine.
"Are you ready?" Bob asked from the door. I nodded as he started bringing out all of our suitcases. He loaded up the car and this was when my mother unleashed the water works.
"Mom its OK. We will be back every second weekend and holidays," Bob said hugging her. I hugged her too.
"And we will call when ever we can," she wiped her eyes and hugged us both once more. Emily let go a few tears before I hugged her. She kissed my head and I let go. Bob hugged her to but this time Emily didn't let go. She pulled me back in.
"I am going to miss you both so much. I love you guys," she whispered in our ears. She finally released us and I realised I had a few tears rolling down my cheeks. We said our final goodbyes before getting in the car and driving away. I had a fight with Chris and now he is suicidal, I have to give Aimee a present from her boyfriend who cant bare to talk to her and now my mom and sister are devastated that Bob and I are leaving. Jersey better be fucking worth it, is all I can say.
Sign up to rate and review this story