Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Anger Is The Brand New Thing

Four.

by fall3n_ang3l 1 review

....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-01-16 - Updated: 2008-01-16 - 3226 words

0Unrated
We pulled up into Aimee's driveway to find her and Steph waiting outside with all their luggage. They shoved their stuff into the trunk and then Steph took my place in the front seat while Aimee and I sat in the back. Bob began the drive to the airport.
"Mum was in tears when we left and dad was trying not to cry. Fucking sooks. We will be back in like 2 weeks," Steph said and Bob turned a corner really sharp and I slammed my head against the window.
"Bob what the fuck?" I yelled. He shrugged and kept driving. I felt something had in my pocket and them remembered the box. I grabbed it out struggling.
"This is for you," I said handing her the box.
"From who?" she asked all excited. I shrugged and waited for her to open it. She popped the little button and it opened. Inside was a really pretty ring with a black heart stone in the middle. She slammed the box shut and threw it back at me.
"Fucking piece of shit with no guts to come and give it to me himself. He should go burn in a hole, slowly so he suffers," she said raging. I quickly grabbed the box and put it out of her sight. Bob pulled over.
"I need a smoke. Steph you coming?" he said.
"Yes!" she replied. Trying to be subtle was never their strong point.
"Why did he ask you to give it to me?" she asked.
"He didn't tell me. He just told me and walked away. Listen I am all for you breaking up with him but it's a nice ring. Keep it," I said. She shook her head slightly laughing.
"It isn't the ring, it's the principle. I wanted that ring for our 2-year anniversary and then we broke up. The bastard is making me feel bad, well guess what? It's working!" She yelled. I finally understood and took the ring back out. She sighed and put it on her finger.
"I guess it really is a nice ring," she said. Bob and Steph got back in the car and the rest of the drive was silent. I was taking in everything I saw from out the window. We drove past my school and I waved. Yes, I actually waved to my school. I was never going back and at this moment I wasn't sure if that made me excited or scared shitless.

As we pulled into the parking lot of the airport, it had all finally sunk in. This was the first time I was really leaving Chicago. I was leaving my home; I had lived my whole life in Chicago. The same question kept coming into my mind, will it be worth it?
"You will be fine you know, even though it is your first time. It may be daunting but it will be worth it," Bob said as if he had just read my mind.
"Do you have ESP or something like that now Bobby?" I asked jokingly. He gave me that look. You know the one people get when they know you are trying to cover something up by making a joke. Yeah, that was the look I got. I rolled my eyes and wheeled my suitcase into the airport. It was so busy. Things being said over the PA and people bumping you left, right and centre.
"Come on we have to check in the luggage," Steph said. She took the lead and Bob was behind. Steph stopped at one of the ladies at the desks and check in all our luggage. We got our tickets and realised that we had 10 minutes to get to our gate before they closed the boarding. Have I mentioned how much I hate running? Well we had to run from the check-in desks to gate 3. And of course gate 3 was all the way on the other side of the airport. So we had to run as fast as we could. In the end my bad knee started to give way so Bob gave me a piggyback. It was actually uncomfortable due to the fact that he was running. We reached the gate and gave our tickets.
"Just in time. We were about to call you over the speaker," the lady said. We all just nodded because we were so out of breath. Another lady aboard the plane pointed us in the direction of our seats and then we all collapsed.
"When...the hell...did you get...so heavy?" Bob asked gasping for breath. I looked at him astounded. I gasped some big gulps of air before I replied.
"That's exactly what a girl...wants to hear. She is heavy...Nice," I said still gasping. He rolled his eyes and faced the front. He and Steph were in the two seats in front of Aimee and I.
"All passengers please make sure seatbelts are tightly fastened and tray tables are in the upright position. Crew prepare for take off," someone said over the speaker. I checked my seatbelt and tray table and then just waited. I felt the plane started to move and shoved like 7 pieces of gum in my mouth. Aimee just looked at me.
"I don't want my ears to pop," I said. She put 2 pieces in her mouth and that is the last thing I remembered before falling asleep.

I heard a lot of commotion as I started to wake up. My first thought was that the plane was crashing. I opened my eyes and looked around. No, we weren't crashing because we had just landed.
"Well hello sleeping beauty, have a nice sleep there?" Steph asked me as she grabbed her bag out of the overhead compartment. I smiled and nodded. I pushed myself out of my seat and waited until most people before me had gotten off the plane. Then I started to walk off the plane following Aimee. As we got off the plane, I noticed Newark airport was way less busier than Chicago.
"Come on. We have to go to baggage claim," Bob said as he took the lead. Aimee and I followed in tow, grunting and complaining. Bob turned back and told us to go home if we were going to be such pains in his ass. It took Bob and Stephanie about 10 minutes to figure out which carousel had our luggage on it, and it turned out to be the one Aimee and I said in the first place.
"We told you, but NO! We don't listen to the little ones," Aimee said in a jokingly pissed off voice. They both rolled their eyes and started to grab our luggage off.
"I wonder if I would get into shit if I sat on it?" I asked Aimee. She shrugged.
"All you can do is try. I mean if you die, you die," she said. I laughed and looked around. I stepped forward but was stopped by Bob.
"No. Lets go we have everything," he said turning me around.
"But it won't hurt anyone. Well maybe me but come on Bobby," I said giving him puppy dog eye. He pushed me forward making me trip over my own feet. We waited outside along with many other people who were also on our flight. Everyone was whistling and waving for taxis. Finally we managed to get one and shoved all our stuff into the trunk. Bob told the driver the address of our new apartment and within 45 minutes we were there. The cabby snatched the money from Steph and told her to hurry and get all her stuff out; he has family waiting at home. Purposely, we took our time and when we got out all our stuff, he sped of at the speed of light. I looked up at our apartment then around at everything else near me. I was taking in the site of where I would be living for the next 6 months. I smiled and followed the others who were already inside the building.
"OK, we are on the third level Kaylee," Bob said to me as we all piled into the elevator. I pushed 3 and the doors closed. We slowly made our way up, and I mean slowly. Finally we got to the third level and the doors opened.
"Apartment 3A, that one there," Bob said pointing to the right. We walked to the door and Bob came to open the door. Once we had walked in, we saw how big it was.
"OK Kaylee, Aimee, you guys are sharing a room. Steph and I have our own rooms. Your room is second on the left down the hall. Go unpack," he said. We practically ran to our rooms like 5 year olds. We were so excited. Beds were already in place as well as a dresser, in-built cupboard and a small lounge and TV in the corner.
"WOAH! Shit this is our room!" Aimee yelled jumping on one of the beds, claiming it was hers. I threw my luggage onto the other one and sat down on the lounge. Aimee was already unpacking and putting her stuff in the cupboard and some in the drawers. I followed her lead and started to unpack some of my stuff from my bags. Within 20 minutes we were fully unpacked and had made our room livable. By livable, I mean we threw some stuff on the floor and lounge and jumped on our beds abit.
"WHO WANTS PIZZA FOR DINNER?" Steph yelled threw the apartment. Aimee and I smiled to each other and ran out to the kitchen.
"WE DO!" we all yelled, including Bob.

We were all in the lounge room, trying to pick out a movie to watch during dinner when the doorbell rang. I got of the lounge first.
"That will be the pizza, I got it," I said, grabbing the money of the coffee table. I got to the door and when I opened it I was greeted by someone's back. I coughed slightly and he turned around.
"Hi, pizza delivery. 1 vegetarian, 1 supreme and 1 pepperoni?" he asked. I looked at his nametag. It said Frankie with a smiley face sticker next to it. I smiled at nodded taking the boxes from his hands. Bob came out and grabbed the boxes and then went away again.
"Here. You may want to take this," I said handing him the money. He nodded and giggled. He had a really cute giggle. He handed me my change but he didn't move.
"I am Frank but people call me Frankie. You would be?" he asked extending a hand. I looked at it before taking it.
"I am Kaylee, just moved here from Chicago," I said. He smiled and took his hand back.
"KAYLEE ARE YOU COMING?" Aimee yelled from the lounge room. I turned my head and yelled back;
"YEAH JUST A SECOND," but by the time I looked back to where Frank was standing, he was already back at his car. He got in and drove off waving to me. That was really weird but ah well; there was pizza in the other room calling my name.
"And what was that all about little miss?" Aimee asked me smirking. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a slice of the pepperoni and taking a bite.
"Nothing, he was really sweet. Plus he long so young, what like 15, his height didn't really tell me how old he was," I said taking another bite.
"Hey don't judge people by how tall they are. He could be our age for all you know. Just because he is short-" I cut her off.
"Here we go getting all defensive of short people, just because she is one of them," I said laughing along with Bob and Steph. She pouted and grabbed a slice of supreme. Steph got up and dusted herself off.
"Do you guys want a drink?" she asked. Bob got up and walked over to the kitchen and got out glasses while Steph asked what we wanted. She came out holding 2 diet cokes followed by Bob who was holding 2 lemonades.
"So have we decided on a god damn movie yet?" I asked looking at the blank black TV screen.
"Yeah, we all chose Nightmare Before Christmas on one condition," Bob said. I nodded staring him straight in the face.
"You and Amy don't sing," he said. My eyes widened and I pretended to look hurt. I shook my head and snatched the movie out of his hands, shoving it in the VCR. Aimee pressed play and we all took our spots; Bob and Steph together on the couch and Aimee and I on the pillows on the floor. As soon as the first song came on, Aimee and I broke out.
"BOYS AND GIRLS OF EVERY AGE, WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE SOMETHING STRANGE? COME WITH US AND YOU WILL SEE, THIS OUR TOWN OF HALLOWEEN," we yelled out while standing on the coffee table. Bob shushed us.
"We live in an apartment which means people can easily hear you next door. Sing quietly if you have to," he said. We got down grumpily and sang in whispers.

Once the movie was over it was 11 pm. Bob and Steph had said they were going to bed, leaving Aimee and I to clean up. I started grabbing the pizza boxes and piling them on top of one another.
"What do you reckon the school will be like?" Aimee asked. I shrugged as I grabbed the glasses and she took the plates.
"Well, it won't be like our old one. That's for sure," I replied. She laughed as we both made our way into the small kitchen. We threw everything either into the sink or bin, then made our way down the hall to our room. Once we had gotten into our pyjamas, we sat on my bed and began o talk again.
"I think Chris may be suicidal," I said to Aimee. She looked up at me with a surprised look on her face. I nodded and she sighed.
"Well, he does have issues. You know with his dad and everything that happened between you two before you left. Can you blame him for sometimes thinking that way?" she said, raising a good point. Aimee continued to talk but I sort of zoned out. All I could think about was, what if something happened to the ones I love while I am gone?
"Hey, are you listening?" Aimee asked. I smiled back at her, but she realised that I wasn't listening.
"You know it has been a really long day, why don't we try and get some sleep," Aimee said. She got off my bed and walked over to hers, sliding under the covers. I put my head to the pillow and slowly drifted off to sleep. The thought of the people I love back home getting hurt, was really haunting me that night. Why is it the ones we love the most that always get hurt?

The next morning I woke up to see that Aimee was still sleeping. I slowly made my way out of the room and into the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee. I flicked the switch on the kettle and waited. By the time I was pouring the water into the cup, Bob had come downstairs. I handed him a cup and then he poured himself some coffee.
"What do you want for breakfast?" he asked my groggily.
"Ya mom," I replied. He looked at me and then laughed. Bob grabbed four bowls from the cupboard and then got out some Captain Crunch. He poured some into the bowls and then poured milk into two. He put the ones without milk in front of me and the place he was going to sit, he left the other two bowls on the bench. Aimee and Steph came downstairs and grabbed their bowls; they began to eat.
"We need to go down to the mall so we can buy you guys some school stuff and we are in desperate need of things for this apartment," Bob said. Steph looked at him strangely.
"What do we need for the house?"
"Oh I don't know. Maybe, food!" Aimee said sarcastically. Bob and I laughed while Aimee and Steph were flipping each other off.
We finished our breakfast and got ready to leave. By 11 am we were in the car driving to the mall. The drive itself was an adventure.
"BOB I SAID RIGHT!" Steph yelled.
"I DID TURN RIGHT!" Bob retaliated.
"I MENT MY RIGHT!"
"MY RIGHT IS YOUR RIGHT STEPH!" Aimee and I couldn't help but laugh as Bob did a U-turn and went the other way. Steph giggled.
"What now?" Bob asked. Steph giggled some more and finally said;
"I was holding the map upside down." Aimee and I laughed even harder. Bob and Steph started to fight again just as we pulled into the parking lot. We found a spot and me and Aimee got out only to realise that Bob and Steph were still fighting in the car. Aimee and I both ran to the mall and looked around. It looked a lot like the one back home. We looked straight ahead and saw a Barnes and Nobles.
"Onwards to Barnes and Nobles," Aimee said pointing. I laughed as we both walked over to the store. We walked into the book section and then made our way to the back where we found all the music.
"I want so many. Which one should I get? Smashing Pumpkins, Anthrax or the Misfits?" she said pointing at each of them as she said it. I sighed and pointed at the Anthrax tape. Aimee smiled and picked up the Smashing Pumpkins ones.
"You asked me and I said Anthrax because then I could have borrowed it. Why did you ask if you were going to go with another one," I asked sarcastically. She smiled and also picked up the Anthrax tape.
"Happy?" she asked.
"Yes," I said as I picked up The Smiths 'The Queen Is Dead'. We headed over to the counter and saw a nerdy guy standing there. He had glasses, which he wore half way down his nose.
"Nice choices. You know I went saw Smashing Pumpkins the other night in concert," he said. Aimee and I were so amazed; we kept asking him questions about it. This was until a guy with mid-length black hair and stack of books in his arms walked over.
"Wrap it up, the line is growing and the manager keeps looking over," he said swiftly before walking away. He nodded and said that it was $17.89. Aimee and I paid him and said goodbye.
"I see Steph and Bob," I said as we walked out of the store. We headed over to them and saw they had already bought everything.
"How did you get all this so quickly?" Aimee asked. The two of them got up and we started to walk to the car.
"Well there was two of us and we sort of split up. I don't know, we are just too cool," Aimee and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes. The next six months should be good, I thought to myself. Two teenagers and two 22 year-olds. Wonderful!
Sign up to rate and review this story