Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Joe's True Love

Chapter 12

by berryterry 3 reviews

Both Joe and Elaine are shocked when they come across something they didn't expect.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-12-12 - Updated: 2007-12-13 - 1660 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 12

The next morning, at 8 a.m., Joe woke up. He put on his bath robe and slowly walked down the stairs to get a cup of coffee. He turned on the TV in the kitchen. A local talk show, “Good Morning Chicago,” starring John Roberts and Kristy Smith, was on.

“Good morning everyone! We’ve got a great show for you today,” said John
“That’s right,” said Kristy. On today’s show, we have special guests, Dr. Phil and Ryan Seacrest stopping by. Plus, as always, news, weather, traffic, and the contest of the day. In today’s contest, the winner will get a trip to Aruba! But first, here’s Mark Phillips with Celebrity Gossip- Mark?”
“Thank you Kristy. Here’s today’s top celebrity news. It has been reported that Britney Spears is pregnant again! Here’s a message from her blog: ‘Ya’ll I don’t know how I got pregnant, but I did! I guess saran wrap isn’t as good as a condom after all, but whatever y’all! I hope they don’t take this one away. I mean, who knows, I might kind of like this one!’… In other news, photogs were outside new Chicago restaurant Vita Bella last night, when they caught Fall Out Boy guitarist Joe Trohman with not one, not two, but three ladies eating dinner! Wow, he must be a real ladies man!… Back to you, John”

Joe literally spit out his coffee when he heard that. He really didn’t think that his night out would end up on television. He rarely gets in the news at all and now everyone is going to think that he went on a date with three women, when only one of them is his girlfriend. Also, he didn’t want Elaine’s picture to be everywhere. Sooner or later, the whole world will want to know about them and know that she’s pregnant, which is exactly what she didn’t want people to know about. Joe knew he had to do something fast.


Pete was the first person to come to Joe’s mind. He knows that Pete is always in the public eye and constantly has to deal with the paparazzi and endless rumors about himself and his love life. Joe decided to call Pete to ask for advice.

Joe dialed his cell phone number.
“Hello?” answered Pete
“Hey it’s Joe. What are you up to?”
“Hey Joe. I’m just taking a bubble bath, playing with FOB dolls. What’s up?”
“Okay… that’s interesting… anyway I kinda need your advice on something.”
“Sure. What is it?”
“Well I don’t know if you know this, but there’s this picture of me with Elaine and her friends that got out there and people are saying that I must have been on a date with three women when obviously that’s not true. So I was wondering, what do you do when people take tons of pics of you and they start rumors? Does it-I mean I know you’re probably used to it now but what about in the beginning, what did you do Pete?”
“Wow Joe, I’m sorry this happened to you. I’d say the only thing to do is ignore it. You shouldn’t care what people think of you. There are more important things in life. Try not to let it get to you. Unfortunately, this what we in the business have to put up with.”
“I know Pete, but to be honest with you, it’s not really me that I’m worried about. It’s Elaine. She told me that she doesn’t want the whole world to know that she’s pregnant and now I think that with these pictures, soon everyone will find out about us. She doesn’t want that to happen and neither do I. I want to protect her privacy.”
“Oh, well I understand where you’re coming from. But it’s really not your fault. You have to explain to her that being in the public eye just comes with your job. I’m sure she’ll understand.”
“I hope so. I mean, I just hope it doesn’t get out of hand. I really care about her Pete. I just don’t want her face plastered all over the place. It wouldn’t be fair to her.”
“I’m sure it won’t get out of hand. Hey, it’s not like you’re Britney Spears… or me,” Pete laughed.
“Yeah, I guess you’re right. Thanks for the advice.”
“No problem man. Anytime.”
“Bye.”
“Bye.”

With Pete’s advice, he felt a lot better about what had happened. He just hoped that Elaine wasn’t too mad about them, if she even knew they existed.

That afternoon, Elaine got out of work. Unaware of the pictures, she drove to Joe’s house. When she arrived, Joe welcomed her with open arms and they kissed. They sat down on Joe’s couch. He felt it was best not to mention the pictures if she didn’t already know about them.

“So how was your day Elaine?”
“Eh it was alright. Same old shit. How was yours?”
“Same here. So what do you want to do?”
“I was thinking maybe we could go out to dinner again, you know, just the two of us.”

Joe liked the idea, but he didn’t want any more attention from the paparazzi. He had to suggest something else.
“Um, actually I was thinking we could stay in.”
“But we always stay in. We should go out this time. It’ll be fun.”

Joe was getting nervous.

“Well, uh, it’s just that…”
“What’s the matter Joe?”
“Nothing! It’s just I prefer staying in with you. I think it’s more romantic. Think about it, we have the whole house to ourselves.”
“Well, I guess you’re right. It’s more comfortable in here anyway.”
“Yeah, it is more comfortable!”
“Joe, is there something wrong? You seem nervous.”
“No, I’m not nervous. What makes you think I’m nervous?”
“I don’t know you just seem a bit jumpy.”
“Oh, well I guess I just sound that way today. Sometimes I get like that, but it’s really nothing.”
“Oh. That’s good, ‘cause you would tell me if there was something wrong, right?”
“Of course I would. Really, there’s nothing to worry about.”
“Ok then.”

The couple started making out on the couch.

“I can’t wait to go to Europe with you,” Elaine whispered between kisses.
“Me too.”
“We’re going to have such a great time together.”
“I know. I ‘m so happy you’re coming. I’m so glad you’re having my baby.”
“I am too. I love you.”

That night, around 1:30 a.m., Elaine returned to her apartment. Vicky and Janice were already asleep. She went into her room and turned on her laptop to check her e-mail. While she was online she decided to do a bit of surfing out of boredom. She had heard about the website called Perezhilton.com but never got a chance to check it out for herself. She knew it had to do with celebrity gossip and was curious to find out exactly what it was all about. She typed in the address in the browser.

“Oh my God!” she screamed, waking up her roommates.
“What happened?” asked Janice running into her room.

On the screen was the picture that was mentioned on the talk show that morning. The headline read “Ladies boy” and there was a small blurb underneath the picture that read:
“Looks like this Fall Out Boy really likes the ladies!”

“Oh my God, that’s us!” shouted Vicky
“How did… I didn’t see anyone take pictures, did you?” asked Janice
“No! I had no idea!” said Elaine
“Do you think Joe saw this picture?”
“No I think he would have said something…wait a minute.”
“What?”
“Today he was acting all weird when I suggested that we go out. I think this is the reason!”
“Why didn’t he mention it to you?”
“I have no idea. Maybe he didn’t want me to be upset about it.”
“Well are you upset?”
“Well come to think about it I was shocked at first but I’m really not that upset about it. I mean it’s not really our fault. He is famous after all.”
“Yeah that’s true. But aren’t you worried that people will find out about your little situation?”
“Maybe a little. But I think everyone will find out sooner or later so there’s really nothing I could do about it, except maybe go out in public less.”
“Yeah, but if you did that you’d be missing out on all the fun.”
“Yeah, but I think if we could find a way to lay low, everything will be fine. We don’t have to go out all the time and if we do, we won’t go to many popular places.”
“That sounds like a good plan. But what about when you go to Europe? Don’t you think it might be difficult to lay low there, especially since they’re touring there.”
“Yeah, but I’m not really worried about that. What’s most important is spending time with my love, so we could discuss our future together. We’re going to be parents soon. I shouldn’t worry so much about the stupid paparazzi.”
“Well I guess you’re right. Well I’m going back to bed.”
“Me too,” said Vicky “Goodnight.”
“Goodnight roomies,” said Elaine.

Elaine fell asleep after about an hour, thinking about what Janice said. She knows that she has to sacrifice her privacy to be with Joe but that’s the price you pay for being in love with a famous person.
Sign up to rate and review this story