Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Emerald and Silver

03

by taccora 0 reviews

same as previous chapters

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-01-20 - Updated: 2006-01-21 - 3315 words

0Unrated
Emerald and SilverChapter 3
Angelique Malfoy
I woke up around seven the next morning from loud movement in the hallway. I left my bed and slipped my feet into my slippers before I headed into my private bathroom so that I could shower, brush my teeth, and wash my face. I left the bathroom forty minutes later feeling refreshed and smelling faintly of vanilla. I was in the process of smoothing my vanilla scented shea butter cream over my porcelain skin when someone knocked on my door. I sighed and pulled on my silk robe and tyed it tightly and slipped my feet into my slippers before answering the door.

"Hello Pansy," I replied as I saw the pug faced girl at my door.

She was wearing Marabou trimmed gown with a robe open around it. She looked up and down the hall before leaning in and quietly asked me if I had any tampons. Now most witches used a spell for this time of the month or one of those bulky diapers but I preferred the muggle way. Even though muggles were behind on a lot of things, some products they had were very useful and I'm one of those people who liked the best. No matter where it came from.

"Hold on a second," I told Pansy as I walked further in my room.

I opened a rectangular wooden box that was held in the first drawer of my night stand and grabbed four tampons before closing it and heading back to the door. I handed them to her and she said thank you before putting them in the pocket of her robe and heading back toward her room. I closed and locked my door before continuing to get ready. I pulled on my black convertible push-up bra and matching low rise thong set. I adjusted the bra before heading into my closet to find something to wear.

*¤.¸¸.·´¨`»«´¨`·. ¸¸.¤**

Harry Potter
"So your date's today?" Ron asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yup," I replied.

"What are y'all going to do?" he asked.

I shrugged and pulled on another graphic tee before saying, "Shopping and then lunch," I replied.

"Shopping? For what?" Ron asked.

I stuffed my feet into a pair of Nike's before saying, "Clothes apparantly."

"What's wrong with your clothes?" Ron asked.

"She's a Malfoy dude. They don't dress the way we do. They're on that whole pureblood elegance thing," I replied and slapped him on the shoulder as we walked out of our dorm and into the common room where Hermione and Ginny were waiting for us.

"Hey! I'm a pureblood," Ron said indignantly.

"You know I love you like a brother but you don't exactly dress like a pureblood. You and the rest of the Weasleys could fit in the muggle world without any problems look wise," I replied.

"Excuse you Harry but I look good," Ginny said, motioning to her low rise jeans and white graphic tee.


"Yes you do," I replied as we all walked out of the tower.

Fifteen minutes later we walked in the Great Hall and sat down at our table. I had just poured myself a cup of coffee when Angelique, Draco, Pansy, and Blaise Zabini walked in. Her long legs immediately caught my attention, what with her denim mini skirt hanging on her hips and the four inch pumps on her feet. She laughed at something her brother said as she dusted something off of her black cropped blazer. A diamond bracelet sparkled on her wrist and a pair of matching earrings were clipped in her ears.

"She is such a fucking hottie. Look at that arse," Seamus said from his spot next to me.


Hermione leaned over and smacked him up side the head without turning her eyes from her newspaper. I laughed at Seamus's misfortune and started eating my blueberry pancakes and bacon. It was around ten o'clock when Headmaster Dumbledore stood and recited the hours in which people were allowed to go into town as well as who was and wasn't allowed. I didn't bother paying attention because I already knew what he was explaining. I drank the last of my coffee when Angelique stood and left the Slytherin table and headed over to my table.

"Are you ready Harry?" she asked.

I nodded and turned over to the Slytherin table and smirked when I saw Draco's face. I stood and walked around the table and wrapped an arm around her small waist before walking out of the Great Hall and outside towards the carriages. The ride into Hogsmead only took twenty minutes and as soon as we landed on the cobblestone ground Angelique grabbed my arm and immediately took the lead.

She led me down an alley to a part of Hogsmead I had never visited before and pulled me into an expensive looking clothing shop. As soon as we walked in an older man in his mid thirties popped up and asked if he could held us.

"Yes he needs a whole new wardrobe. I need a catalog to see the style that you have," Angelique replied.

The man's eyes glittered, I'm assuming from the amount of commission he would be getting because of this. The man quickly summoned a catalog and asked us if we wanted anything to drink as he led us to a seat. We both declined and Angelique quickly began to check the items she wanted. When she finished she handed the book back to the man before speaking.

"I want him measured because I want his clothes tailored. His jeans should have a low rise fit and show the shape of his bottom without being tight. I want the jeans loose throughout the leg. His shirts should fit, none of them are to be baggy or loose. I want his cashmere sweaters to be made so that he can wear a shirt under them. His loafers and dress shoes are to be made with Italian leather. Do you have everything?" she asked him.

The man nodded and Angelique smiled before saying, "Okay Harry. Follow him to the back so that he can get your measurements." I stood and followed the man into the back room.

*¤.¸¸.·´¨`»«´¨`·. ¸¸.¤**
Angelique Malfoy
As Harry walked off I stood and looked around the store. Ruby's had quite an amount of fine clothing and was the best place to head seeing as we weren't allowed to head to Diagon Alley or head into the muggle world. The school was responsible for our well being until June 1st and wouldn't allow us to venture too far from the watchful eyes of the teachers. Twenty minutes later Harry came out and we were ushered to the register so that the order could be paid for.

The man eagerly rang up each item and Harry looked at the total in amazement as the man said, "Your total comes up to 3,045 galleons and 3 knuts. Harry handed the man his bank card and he swiped it before having Harry sign the confirmation sheet where he had to send the address where he wanted his things shipped. Once that was done we left the store and I led him down the street to our next destination.

"I can't believe I paid that much for some clothes," Harry said.

"You're just a beginner and I didn't want to get you too much clothes because I didn't know how much space you had in your trunk. Draco and I spend that much in just one clothing store. Just be happy this wasn't Diagon Alley or you would have spent three times that at the Blue Bee," I replied as I led him into a jewelry store.

"What are we here for?" he asked.


"We have to order you some cuff links and a good watch. Is there anything you would like to get done? A piercing maybe?" I asked him.

"I've always wanted to get an earring," he replied.

I smiled and said, "Great. Just trust me."

He just nodded as I led him over to the young lady behind a row of jewelry case.

"Welcome to the Emerald Isle. How may I help you?" she asked.

"My friend over here needs some custom cuff links made and he wants his ears pierced," I replied.

The woman nodded and said, "What would he like his cuff links designed as?"

"The first set need to have the initials HJP inscribed on a platinum setting in cursive. The letters HJP should be covered in emeralds and white diamonds. The second set needs to be done in platinum and should be shaped like a lightning bolt with light blue and white diamonds," I replied and the woman quickly wrote down the specifications down.

"Anything else?" she asked.

"Can you show me where your earrings are? After that you can make his piercing," I replied.

The lady led me down to the display case that held the earrings before heading to the back room where the owner of the store was so that she could give him the order. Harry was wandering around the front of the store, looking at the various pieces of jewelry on display. After looking at each style of earrings the jeweler had I picked two sets and waited for the woman to come back.

"So have you made a decision?" she asked.

"Yes I want the princess cut onyx," I stated before the woman cut me off.

"Are you sure mam?" she asked.

"Why?" I asked.

"Well it's just really expensive," she stated.

"How expensive can onyx be?" I asked.


Even though money wasn't an issue with me and I know that the Potter family were well off as well I didn't know how much they had. I also didn't want to make Harry spend an obscene amount of money on something that he didn't actually pick out.

"Well it's not onyx. It's a black diamond and they are very rare gems," she stated.

"How much are the earrings?" I asked.

"Well each black diamond sits on a 5 carat platinum setting and are each 6 carats. The earrings will cost somewhere around three million galleons," the woman replied.

"And how much are the circular cut white diamonds?" I asked.

"They're 1 million galleons," she replied.

"Great put the circular set on Harry's bill and I'll pay for the princess cut diamond now," I replied as I handed her my bank card.

The woman's eyes grew with glee as she thought about the percentage she would be getting from both Harry's and my purchases. She swiped my card through the machine and had me sign the receipt before placing the earrings in a box and placed them in a jewelry bag and handed it to me with my receipt and bank card. I placed my card in my purse and tossed the receipt in the bag before heading over to Harry while the woman grabbed the other set of earrings and piercing gun.

"Are you ready?" I asked Harry as the woman came over.

"As I'll ever be," he replied as he closed his eyes and waited for it to happen.

The woman counted to three before pulling the trigger that pushed the earring through the cartlige and snapped the back piece in place. She waved her wand and muttered a general healing spell before doing the same to the other ear. When she was done she handed Harry a mirror so that he could see what he looked like.

"They're beautiful," he replied as he looked at the shining earrings.

"Yes they are," I replied.

"Is this it?" the woman asked.

"No, we need a watch," I replied and the woman quickly summoned a case that held the watches.

Harry and I looked through the various styles before agreeing on a Van Cleef & Arpels watch that was encrusted with white diamonds and mother of pearls whose only function would be to tell time. With that done the woman tallied up Harry's purchases and he handed her the credit card as he stared at the total in amazement. He signed the receipt and stuck the card back in his pocket as we headed out the store in a daze.


"What's wrong?" I asked him after a while.

"I spent over two and a half million galleons in that store," he said with wide eyes.

"Okay..." I asked not seeing the problem.

"You don't understand. With all my expenses added up during every year of my life wouldn't account to three million galleons," he replied.

"You should really let go and enjoy life. You probably have just as much money as the Malfoy's and guess what? You can't take it with you so just enjoy it," I replied as we headed over to a Dairy and ordered some milk shakes before heading back to the castle.

*¤.¸¸.·´¨`»«´¨`·. ¸¸.¤**
Harry Potter
It was a little after three when Angelique and I walked through Howarts' front doors. She walked with me towards Gryffindor Tower where people were coming out.

"Aye Harry! Where've you been all day?" Seamus asked from a couple of feet away.

I pulled up a finger, signaling for him to wait a minute before turning my attention back to Angelique.

"Thanks for today. I had fun," I replied softly.

"You welcome," she stated before leaning up and kissing me softly on the cheek.

Her sweet perfume lingered for a minute before going away.

"So I guess this is goodbye?" I asked her.

"More like an I'll see you later," she replied.


"Alright...well I'll see you later," I replied.

"Oh!" she exclaimed, startling me.

"What?" I asked.

"Here. I bought this for you," she said as she handed me a small jewelry bag after taking a piece of paper out of it.

"Why?" I asked curious.

"Let's just say I didn't want to put you in shock if you saw this on your bill. I'll see you around Harry," she replied before walking off.

I watched her walk down the hall and down the stairs before I walked over to Seamus and asked him what's up.

"No...no. The question is what's going on between you and Miss Malfoy?" he asked.

"Nothing yet," I replied.

"Yet?" he asked with a smirk.

"Get your mind out of the gutter," I replied as I gave the Fat Lady the password and headed into the common room.

"So what did she give you?" Seamus asked as he followed me to the chair.

"I don't know. I don't even know what she could have gotten me at the jewelry store that would have cost more than I spent there," I replied.

"Well, how much did you spend because from what she said this had to equal it or be more," Seamus replied.

With that thought my eyebrows automatically clinched together and I pulled out the dark green velvet box and opened it. I came across a pair of the most beautiful pair of earrings I had ever seen.

"Is that what I think it is?" Hermione's voice asked from the corner.

"I don't know Hermi? What do you think it is?" I asked her as I stared at the gem.


"That's a black diamond," she said as she pulled one out of the cusion and examined it in the light.

"Bloody hell," Ron said from behind me.

"What? How do you know?" I asked her.

"Honestly Harry. You really should read a book once in a while," she replied before handing it back to him.

"You bought a pair of black diamond earrings today?" Ron asked. "That must have cost like a million galleons."

"Try at least three times as much," Hermione said as she sat down on the couch.

"You bought a pair of 3 million galleon earrings?" Ron screeched.

"No...Angelique bought them for me," I replied lightly.

"Damn. Maybe I should date a Malfoy. You think the prat has any more sisters?" Seamus asked.

"I doubt it," Ron said.

"And how do you know?" Seamus asked.

"Most pureblood families only have one child. The only time they have more is if their first child wasn't a boy and even then most just stick with a girl. Seeing as the Malfoy's, who are stuck on pureblood tradition, already had two in one pop and they had a boy, I doubt that they'd had any more," Ron replied.

"You're a lucky one HP," Seamus replied before jogging up to our dorm room.

*¤.¸¸.·´¨`»«´¨`·. ¸¸.¤**
Angelique Malfoy

I had spent the rest of the day avoiding Draco who had been trying to get me alone since he got back to the Castle. It was to a point that I decided against going to dinner and just grabbing something from the kitchens. It wasn't that I was scared of anything Draco had to say, it was just that I didn't feel like hearing his nagging. Although our family had switched sides, there was still a rivalry between Draco and Harry that hadn't died once the Dark Lord had. Thankfully the Castle was huge and I was able to avoid Draco but it was only a matter of time before he got me alone and started ranting and raving like the drama queen he sometimes could be.

It was around nine o'clock and I had just finished smoothing my vanilla scented shea butter cream over my body and was in the process of pulling on my lingerie when there was a banging at my door. It didn't take a genius to guess that it was Draco...well either Draco or our God father Severus Snape but he usually didn't delve into her personal lives the way Draco and I did with each other. I pulled on my purple shimmering lace trim slip and smoothed it over my body before I headed over to the door and opened it.

Draco, dressed in a pair of loose fitting black silk pants and a black tank top that clutched his chest, marched into the room and slammed the door shut before wandlessly throwing up a privacy charm. I arched an eyebrow before grabbing my clear deodorant and rolled it on before speaking.

"To what do I owe the honor of your presence Dragon?" I asked him.

"Cut the bullshit Angel. You know why I'm here," he seethed.

"No I don't," I replied as I pulled back the covers to my bed.

"Since you want to act dumb I'll enlighten you. Why in six hells did you go to Hogsmead with Harry bloody Potter?" he screeched.

"Please lower your voice Dragon. Screeching is beneath us Malfoy's," I said, taking pleasure in watching his normally porcelain complexed face go red.

"Angelique Amelia Malfoy!" he exclaimed and I knew he was serious.

"I like him Dragon," I stated as I stared into his eyes.

"You what?" he asked in disbelief.

"I like him. I know you and him don't have the best relationship but I like him. He's been nice to me, regardless of his dislike to you, and he's attractive. On top of that he's powerful, both in respect and magic, and that ads to the point that he's wealthy and has Dual Lordship with both the Black and Potter estates. He has the ideal qualities for a boyfriend and future husband and is way better than Adam Goldstein," I replied.

"And what's wrong with Goldstein?" my brother asked, reaching for straws.

"The boy has more sugar in his tank that Willy Wanka's Chocolate Factory," I replied in a monotone voice.

Draco stared at me for a minute before saying, "Alright. I'll let it go because I'm sure that there's no way I will be able to change your mind but if he hurts you I swear that there will be nothing left of him, Savior or not."

"I wouldn't expect anything less Dragon," I replied as I pinned my hair up and covered it with a bonnet.
Sign up to rate and review this story