Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Hate The Ending Myself, But It Started With An Alright Scene 2

Chapter 1

by another_disaster 5 reviews

The official sequel to I Hate The Ending Myself, But It Started With An Alright Scene. The title is pretty lame. anyone got any idea's for it?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [X] [?] - Published: 2007-12-19 - Updated: 2007-12-22 - 2997 words

0Unrated
Authors P.O.V.

15th March 2007

Kyler slammed his house door behind him which caused the painting on the wall to slightly shake, he brushed his hair back with his slim fingers and threw his jacket on the table by the door.

Strands of hair fell into his face, he blew his hair from his eyes and groaned loudly as they fell back into the same place. He quickly ran upstairs, missing every other step as he climbed them and slowly jogged into the bathroom. He slammed the palm of his hand onto the light switch which turned the lights on. The quiet buzzing filled the bathroom as the lights flickered on and he walked in front of the mirror that was above the sink and snatched the first hair tie he saw on the counter. He looked at himself in the mirror, neatly brushing his hair back and tying it into a small pony tail. Once finished his arms flopped down besides his hips and he released a long sigh, bringing his hand up to his neck and rubbing it gently. His wrist came down to his face and he cursed under his breath when he saw it was nearly two in the morning and he had work in the morning.

Kyler turned towards the door, clicking the light off gently before he exited the room. He slowly walked into his bedroom, closing the door softly behind him and took his watch off, placing it on the small table besides his bed. Kyler loved his room, it was so cozy and warm, it was the only place he could truly relax.

The walls were painted a bold, blood red, the ceiling was black and so were the borders of the walls and window seals. His bed covers and furniture matched, as did his carpet which was black also. The paintings that hung nicely on the walls were his own, the work he was most proud of and that he couldn't make himself sell. The mixture of colors that had created such a masterpiece stood out nicely in the room.

The room was lit only by moonlight which seeped in freely through the large window opposite him and his bed. He sat down on the bed, undoing his laces and pulling his converses off his feet and threw them across the room in front of his wardrobe. His arms stretched above his head as he released a long, loud yawn and quickly pressed a button on his phone, ready to hear what messages people had left him.

He stood up and started to unbutton his black shirt as the first message began to start.

"Kyler! Dude, how'd the date go? It's like nearly one in the morning, someone must have gotten lucky. Kyler is gonna get L-A-I-D! Call me when you get in bro or when you've finished having crazy butt sex."

Kyler laughed at Drew's message, shaking his head as his shirt slid down his arms and landed in a heap on the floor. He quickly picked it up and threw it into the laundry basket.

"Hey Kyler, it's Joey. I really enjoyed our date and I was wondering if you would want to go out a-" Kyler quickly deleted the message, there was no way in hell he was going on a date with him again. The first and only one was the worst, talk about obsessive. Thinking about what happened on the first date, if he did go on a second, Joey would probably end up proposing to him and Kyler wasn't up for that.

"Kyler, it's Mom. Well like you didn't already know that. I just called to see if we were still having lunch tomorrow. Call me in the morning, ok? Love you."

Kyler kicked off his jeans as they reached his ankles and toed of his socks, walking over to the bed he pulled the duvet up and jumped in underneath them. Sighing in relief that he was finally comfortable and just beginning to relax. He leant over and grabbed the phone, quickly dialing Drew's number. He knew he would probably be asleep but he didn't really care. Kyler rested his head on the pillow as he listened to the fifth ring then somebody finally answered. He heard a loud bang, knowing Drew either threw the phone or dropped it.

"Ok, who ever this is just beware I will kill you. Who the hell calls someone at this fucking time in the morning man?!" Drew screeched down the phone and Kyler couldn't help but laugh. He loved pissing Drew off.

"Well who the hell calls at one in the morning? For all you know I could have been asleep too you know!" Kyler screamed back, hearing Drew laugh on the other side.

"What do you want Kyler? Aren't you tired from having butt sex?" Drew laughed and started to make obscene noises down the phone. Kyler looked away from the phone in disgust and laughed too.

"What is with the butt sex? Why can't you call it sex? Ah, never mind. Just know I'm never letting you get me another blind date. You choose the most weirdest people. Do you hate me or something? Because it fucking seems like you do if you put me through this torture, Drew!" Kyler huffed. "Oh, and by the way, it's good to know you can spell laid."

"So I have failed to get you laid once again, I see. Well I shall succeed sometime my gay friend. Another bad date..."

"Yes, extremely bad. He kept asking me if he could stroke my hair Drew! My god damn hair, I mean what the fuck. It was like he was on drugs for fuck's sake." Kyler complained. Drew's laughter echoed down the phone and a loud snort came out of Kyler's receiver. "Pig."

"Dude he asked to stroke your hair? That's fucking hilarious. I'm sorry. I'll do better next time."

"No you won't because there won't be a next time. Now I'm gonna go to sleep and try to forget about the traumatic events I have had to deal with for the past five hours. Good night sugar."

"Night Kyler, sweet dreams my chocolate bear." Drew laughed and hung up first. Kyler just smiled and put the phone back. The curse of having one of the most childish people on the planet as your best friend. Kyler laughed to himself and reached for his pony tail. He pulled the hair tie from his hair, letting his black hair fall freely and quickly ran his fingers through it.

Kyler grabbed the duvet and pulled it tightly around him as he rolled onto his side and closed his eyes. He was so sick and tired of dating, it just wasn't working for him. He had been alone for what seemed like a million years, but it would be two years next week after he dumped Luke and he was just about ready to give up. He opened his eyes again, staring at the ceiling. He just wanted to relax and forget about tonights bad date. Well all the bad dates he had endured. Kyler had lost count on how many dates he had actually been on this month alone and not one was even a tiny bit good. Dating is total, utter bullshit. Kyler sighed, pulling his duvet up to his neck and closed his eyes. A few minutes later he was happily sleeping, his whole body was relaxed and he couldn't wait to see his Mom. He needed some helpful and decent advice.

---


Kyler groaned and rolled over, grabbing the other pillow and smothering himself with it as his alarm echoed though the room and his ears. He didn't want to get up or go to work - He didn't have the energy or patience for it today. He threw the pillow at the bottom of the bed and rolled across the bed, hitting his alarm to make it stop. He sat up and dragged himself out of the bed, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He had an hour to get ready, call his Mom then get to work. He could tell it was going to be a bad day already.

Forty-five minutes later he was showered, dressed and ready for work. He quickly ran down stairs into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water and putting it in his bag that was sat on his shoulder. He didn't want any breakfast and he knew his Mom would make him eat plenty for lunch. Kyler grabbed his car keys from the kitchen counter, walking over to the door he slipped his shoes on and walked out of the house. After locking the front door he got into his car, pulling out of the drive-way and started to make his way too work. He grunted as he saw the masses of traffic in front of him and pulled out his cell whilst he was waiting for the other cars to move.

"Hey Mom. Yeah,we're still having lunch. Ok. No I'm ok. Mom I promise. Look I have got to go to work, I'll see you at two. Bye. Yes, I love you too. Mom I'm not using a tone with you. Mom please don't do this now. Ok. Bye." Kyler threw his phone onto the passengers seat and sighed in relief as he saw the traffic starting to finally move. He couldn't afford to be late for work.

"This is what happens when you move to fucking California!" Kyler said to himself and shook his head. I'm either going to cause a serious crash, murder someone or just bite someones head off.

After ten minutes of tantrums and aggressive driving, Kyler was finally at work and not in the best of moods. He walked into the tall building of Alternative Press, guiding his way through masses of people and finally made if safely into the elevator. He pushed the button for floor fifteen and leant against the wall of the elevator as the doors closed. Before he knew it he had reached his floor, walking out and heading towards his office. After many hello's to various people he was in the safety of his office and walked over to his chair, placing his bag besides him and grabbing the bottle of water inside. After a drink, he set the bottle down next to his computer and logged on only to find he had masses of unread e-mails.

Most of them were junk but a lot were to do with work, new press releases and interviews that he would have to edit and check. Then there was an e-mail that he was interested in, he clicked on the e-mail and was happy to read that he was being chosen to review a new band - Mikey's Revenger.
He didn't like interviewing bands but he enjoyed listening to their music, understanding it and writing what he truly thought about their work. It would either be a masterpiece or a disaster piece. Most of the time, new bands weren't so good and needed to grow up or learn to play an instrument and sing.

He read the e-mail thoroughly, downloading the one song that was attached with the e-mail. Prince inspired. He read and smiled, he loved Prince so he was sure he would enjoy this.

An hour later, after listening to the song, analyzing it and trying to figure out the meaning he was ready to write the review. He was shocked at how good it was, the singers voice was amazing and he couldn't believe how high pitched this mans voice could go - It was truly amazing. Everything to do with this song was amazing, perfect and he couldn't find one thing wrong with it.
Kyler checked over the e-mail again, trying to find the name of the song but it was un-named. He clicked reply as it was the artist that had sent him the song, which was very convenient for Kyler.

Kyler clicked send once he had written what seemed like an essay to the band then looked at the clock, he still had a few hours before he was meeting his Mom and he didn't have much work to do. He got up from his chair, walking out of his office and knocked on the door that was opposite his own. Drew's office.

"Come in." He heard his friend shout from the other side of the door and he walked in, greeting Drew with a smile as he was on the phone so he sat down and waited for him to finish.

Kyler was on the verge of tears after ten minutes, the amount of bullshit that was coming out of Drew's mouth was amazing and the facial expressions his friend made weren't exactly attractive in any way. Drew slammed down the phone and cursed as Kyler tried not to laugh and kept a straight face.

"Right, so... from where we left of last night." Drew smiled. "You're twenty years old man, almost twenty-one and you really need to get laid. You don't need my help with dates anymore, so be it. But you'll be crawling back to me, I know you will."

"I most certainly not. I would only do that if I was extremely desperate and willing to let someone stroke my hair for their pleasure." Kyler laughed, then focused on the song that was playing from Drew's computer. "Who's this song by? It's pretty good, what's it called?"

"I don't know who the artist is, someone just gave me a copy of their new album and the song is called... The Great Disapointment." Drew answered, typing away at his computer and grunted because something probably wasn't going his way.

"They sound pretty good, it's a little depressing but really good music and the vocals are amazing." Kyler mused and listened carefully to the lyrics. The whole concept of this song overwhelmed him. It seemed to him that the artists must have taken great care into making this song and writing it. I need to find out who these guys are. Kyler thought to himself.

"Yeah they sound pretty good, if you watch any music channel you'll see their video The Ghost Of You. It's everywhere." Drew informed Kyler, looking towards his door he saw his nightmare of a client. "Kyler I have someone waiting outside so chop chop."

"Ok I'm going. Hey, can I have that album?" Kyler begged and Drew raised his eyebrow. "Please?"

"Fine, take it. You take everything else anyway." Drew laughed and opened the CD drive on his computer, handing the disk to Kyler. "Now go, I need to do work."

"You doing work? Since when?" Kyler laughed, quickly turning around. "You should listen to this new band, Mikey's Revenge. I think you'll like them, they're a lot like Prince." Kyler announced and left Drew's office.

---


Kyler walked into his house, setting his keys on the table and walking into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of soda then made his way into the living room. He sat down on the couch and turned on the television, turning it onto MTV to see what new music was out. He really wanted to find out who the mystery band was, he had been listening to their album all day and he loved it. It was like nothing he had ever heard before, the hurt that was in the songs, the pain and the mystery of the meaning of the lyrics. The sorrow that was screaming from the songs. He was amazed by the music this one band had created and had never heard a voice so powerful and beautiful.

Lunch went well, his Mom went on about him not having a boyfriend as usual. That he looks far to skinny and needs to eat more. Then how proud she was of him, then they finally ate and Kyler was right; She made him eat near enough the whole restaurant.

Kyler quickly got up from the couch, walking into the kitchen and grabbed a muffin. He listened to the television as he got a plate.

"The new video from one of the biggest bands in America right now, here's The Ghost Of You." Kyler quickly ran into the living room, sitting on the couch again and grunted as he missed what the name of the band was. He looked down at the muffin as he listened to the song and realized he had no room in his stomach to actually eat it. Once he had put the muffin back in the kitchen he came back to the couch and focused on the video. All he could see so far was jet black hair blowing in the wind as the figure was faced away and he or she seemed to be in a boat of some kind. It reminded him of D-Day. Kyler guessed it was probably a man, since his voice was pretty deep and he couldn't stop looking at the mystery man's hair. It was so long, jet black and really amazing looking.

Finally there was a full face shot, Kyler stared at the person and realized it was a man. He looked so familiar but Kyler couldn't think of who it was. After watching more of the video and seeing more of the band, he realized he recognized all of them but just couldn't remember where he had seen them before.

"Who the hell are these guys?" Kyler asked himself and he found himself getting very impatient whilst he was waiting for the name of the band to come up. A minute or two later it came up and Kyler thought he was either going to scream or faint. His heart skipped a beat as he realized and remembered who all these people were. He couldn't believe it, he didn't want to believe it but he had just seen it with his own two eyes.
Sign up to rate and review this story