Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Only Think In The Form Of Crunching Numbers___x

Chapter 23: We’ll Make Them So Jealous

by VikkiMole 0 reviews

‘If I say no, you’ll hit me’ He hooted ‘If you say yes, I’ll hit you for lying’ I smile

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-12-21 - Updated: 2007-12-21 - 1404 words

0Unrated
The first step, of what I have now adopted as my own plan, was to get Patrick out of the way. I decided that maybe we should take a walk back to my apartment, using the excuse that I wanted to have some time alone to talk to him. He instantly agreed, scooping up his hoodie and wrapping himself up in it. On the way out, Joe went up to his room and grabbed hold of my lovable pup, who was chewing on his ratty old converses. I thanked Joe for letting Hemmy and Patrick stay with him, he shrugged it off as no big deal. As we said goodbye I hoped to god that the wide grin on Joe’s face wasn’t enough to give the game away. Patrick was oblivious.

We stood on the cerb outside Joe’s as I called for a taxi, not really looking forward to another long awkward walk with Patrick. One a day was enough for me. It was really nice of the poor taxi driver to let us take Hemmy in with us. When he dropped us off I even tipped him, maybe a little more than I should’ve. Patrick laughed about me flashing my cash around, reminding me that he still didn’t know that I was now unemployed. This could prove to be a problem, as neither had a job and the rent of the apartment was higher than you would expect.

We finally got in to the sanctuary of my home and my jaw dropped. It was immaculate. Completely clean. I could almost see myself in the walls. Patrick had cleaned the place up. Even the sauce on the couch was gone, a mess that I made even before I met Patrick. I turned to him, eyes wide.

‘Did you…?’ I ask, letting the end of the question trail off

‘There… was blood… everywhere…’ Patrick coughed, scratching his head, ‘When I dragged you from the bathroom.’

‘You moved me?’ I enquired, head tilted

‘You were lying in glass’ Patrick shrugged, ‘I had to.’

‘You cleaned my apartment?’ The questions continue, ‘Even though you were pissed off at me?’

‘I…’ He ended with a sigh, not sure how to answer

I laughed and pulled him into a hug, a manly hug complete with the ‘we’ve been hugging too long’ pat on the back. When we broke away from each other I smiled.

‘Thanks’ I said, moving to sit on the couch and tapping the spot beside me

Patrick followed, dropping down next to me and crossing one legs up over the other. I would have mocked him for that if he wasn’t leaning on me slightly. I grinned, not wanting him to move.

‘So…’ Patrick started, clearly about to ask me a million questions about the passed few days, ‘Why did you try to… you know…?

I gulped, still not sure how to answer that one. Joe had asked me the same thing in the hospital. I couldn’t exactly say that it was an accident. That I accidently swallowed a couple of handfulls of painkillers. No, unrealistic. Maybe it was less of an accident than I thought. I was feeling pretty down, but I don’t want Patrick thinking I’m a suicide time-bomb. That everytime we argue I might try to kill myself. I looked away from his expectant face.

‘I don’t know…’ I decide to reply, ‘I really don’t… It was kind of an accident… I got the headaches again and Atavan usually helps but it didn’t that time… So I took more…’

‘How did the cabinet end up on your head?’ He continued to watch my expressions

‘I tried to climb it,’ I grumbled, ‘Turns out, I’m heavier than I thought’

Patrick stiffled a laugh. I punched him, naturally.

‘It’s not funny!’ I cried

‘It’s a little funny!’ He retorted, hand over his mouth

‘Is not’ I cried again

‘Is too’ He nodded

‘Is not’

‘Is too’

‘You’re annoying’ I pout, crossing my arms

Patrick slapped me on the knee and slumped back. He sighed and shook his head at me.

‘What?’ I hide my smile

‘I leave you alone for ten minutes…’ He began, mock rolling his eyes

‘Shut up’ I jeer, ‘I leave you alone for ten minutes and you clean my entire house’

‘Oh, you were still there’ He snorted, ‘I hoovered around you, waiting for the ambulance’

I stared at my watch as it ticks oh so slowly. Another hour to waste before we return to Joe’s. My body was itching with excitement. Patrick, being observant as he always is, picked up on this.

‘What you so happy about?’ Patrick asked, poking my hip

‘Am I not allowed to be happy?’ I answer, arms crossed

‘If I say no, you’ll hit me’ He hooted

‘If you say yes, I’ll hit you for lying’ I smile

‘Let’s just stick to awkward silence, shall we?’ He clicked his fingers and stretched out over the white leather

I beamed, watching him untangle, seeing his defences disappear. No arms crossed, no legs folded, no hiding. It was good. Nice to see Patrick seeming to be comfortable for once. Not the inept little guy he met the first time. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder.

‘Well… Patrick Stumph’ I begin, feeling a bit like a story teller

‘Martin’ He added, causing a raise of my eyebrow

‘Martin…?’ I ask, confused

‘Middle name’ He rubbed his nose

‘Oh.. Well… Patrick Martin Stumph’ I tried again

‘Yes, Pete Lewis Kingston Wentz The Third?’ He retorted, yawning

‘How do you know my full name?’ I try to think back but I don’t believe I’ve ever mentioned my full name to him

‘I memorized it off of your I.D way back when’ He yawned again, stretching his arms above his head, exposing a tiny bit of his stomach

I couldn’t resist poking it. I tried. Really, I did. I outstretched my finger and gave the soft, warm flesh under his bellybutton a single, sharp jab. Patrick yelp and curled into a defencive little ball.

‘DON’T POKE MY FAT!’ He yelled, curled up beside me

‘I didn’t… I poked your tummy..’ I grumbled, fingers resting on his shoulder

‘Exactly’ He hissed

‘Oh..boy..’ I sighed, ‘We back on the body issues again?’

He nodded solmnly into my thigh, where his left ear was now resting above my knee. Pulling gently on his left shoulder, I maneuvered him around so he could look up at me. I tried to look comforting.
‘I like you as you are’ I nod, pinching his cheek, his grimaced

‘Thank you grandma Wentz’ He groaned into my leg again

I shake my head. Sometimes there really was no winning with Patrick. With a slightly ungraceful push, he was lying on his back on the floor. He choked on a curseword he was about to emit when I hovered over him and kissed him carefully. I looked directly into his eyes as I pulled away.

‘I like you... as you are...’ I repeat, running my thumb over his lips

The frown that was once on his face was now melted and replaced by a surprised grin. He opened him mouth to return with an answer but, as usual, my cellphone interupts. I check the caller i.d before answering, not wanting Ash to spoil today of all days. I was lucky this time, it was Joe.

‘Shalom’ I call down the phone as I answer

‘You know we don’t say that...’ Joe snorted, ‘Like.. ever’

‘Whatever,’ I laugh, ‘So, what’s up?’

‘We’re all set down here,’ Joe sounded over the moon, over excited like he’d had too much sugar, ‘So, bring him over, bring him over, bring him over’

‘Okay,’ I smile, ‘Calm down... Lay off the candy... We’re coming’

‘Later!’ Joe ended, quickly followed by a dialtone

I turn to look at Patrick, who listening to the conversation intently. I offer him my hand to help him up, he takes it. With us both on our feet, he expects me to let him go but I refuse. Instead, I lace my fingers in his own. He blushes.

‘Patrick?’ I ask

‘Yeah?’ He retorted, staring at our hands intwined

‘How well can you handle your drink?’
Sign up to rate and review this story