Categories > Anime/Manga > One Piece > "Let it snow": Christmas Cycle

Can you read my mind?

by Assasan 0 reviews

Shame and how to deal with it.

Category: One Piece - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-12-21 - Updated: 2007-12-22 - 502 words

0Unrated
Can you read my mind?
04. Apples

Apparently Nami did understand the concept of shame and was in fact capable of exhibiting it. It was easy for Zoro to tell. Something had been bothering her for a few days now, and it was most apparently when they were going to bed. She would lie close to him, face hidden in the crook of his neck, pretending to be asleep. In reality she would be thinking so hard Zoro could almost hear the thoughts scribbling around in her mind. Whenever this happened, Zoro could never sleep either. Somehow, her anxiety affected him in the most annoying manner, and, though he would never admit it, made him worry about all the things she could possibly be thinking about. Maybe she was having second thoughts about things. Like, if they were really a “them” – see, he was starting to have second thoughts too.
One cold winter’s night, Nami finally let it all out. She sighed loudly and flipped over to face him, and started to draw circles on his chest with her finger. Zoro stared at the ceiling, not saying a word.
- I… I think I did wrong to Sanji… - she sighed softly. Zoro was suddenly overcome by a desire to crush the blonde’s skull for being the source of both of their worries. He resisted the urge, deciding that his current position was much more comfortable. Nami continued. - I mean, he really is a nice guy…
- Yeah. Ri-ight. - Zoro chuckled loudly, receiving a weak punch in the ribs.
- Stop that. You guys just piss each other off because you can’t see how similar the two of you are. It’s almost like me and you...
- What the hell?! No it isn’t!
- Oh, yes it is! Well, except for the fact that I’m a girl. It’s a simple fight for dominance between your male egos.
-Hmph, - he answered, but couldn’t help smirking just a little.
Nami raised herself on her elbows and gave him The Look.
- I know that face. Don’t think you actually won.
- I got you, - he answered.
- You have a point, - she paused, only to continue talking at doubled speed. - But anyway, for me, Sanji was never an option. It would have ended unfair to him and…
- Alright, alright! – Zoro threw his hands in the air, exasperated. - You feel like total bitch because you think you gave him some hope in the matter and now you are here. Big deal. He’ll live through it.
- But he is clearly upset!
- Then have some make-up session you girls usually have, I don’t know… Bake a pie together or something. Apple pie is part of some stupid Christmas tradition, isn’t it?
- I swear, sometimes you are such an idiot.
But she still smiled.
That night they both dreamt of apple pies. His were comically worried.
Sign up to rate and review this story