Categories > Anime/Manga > One Piece > "Let it snow": Christmas Cycle

These Things You Never Say

by Assasan 0 reviews

Sometimes we have to keep quiet for the sake of the relationship.

Category: One Piece - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2008-02-14 - Updated: 2008-02-14 - 494 words

0Unrated
These Things You Never Say
08. Broken promises

During their travels, they learned not to question each other’s pasts, preferring to live in the here and now rather than the then and there.

But sometimes...

Sometimes, Nami thinks she knows him well, too well. Not just the half-faded net of old scars she loves to trace with her fingers, or green hair (she almost convinced herself that it could be a natural color), or even his face, grins and looks, the way he loves her without giving it voice. She doesn’t meddle with the way he drinks himself to certain limit and works out ever single day. She has gotten used to his snoring (if she can’t sleep, she’ll get up and work on her maps). She still gets pissed off about him fighting with Sanji (Robin is always amused). She is always surprised about how comfortable he looks in her bed. And she is still completely enchanted by his touch, the way he wraps his arms around her, as if wanting to diffuse them together.

But sometimes, she just wants to know why he won’t let go of his white katana and why he wakes up with somebody else’s name on his lips.

Sometimes, Zoro thinks that she is the most annoying person he could ever meet. He could use all of the parchment in her study to come up with a list of things that make him flip. The way she forces everybody to be her slave and yells if something gets in her way (and still he listens to her). How her perfect curves still leave him speechless (he wishes for a day to come when he will allow himself to get lost in her). How she thinks she knows him. He gets frustrated, because from time to time it seems that she is making more progress to her goal than he is. He gets jealous because she seems more interested when money, mikan, or Luffy are involved (thought he will never admit it). When she looks at her mother’s picture, he wants to hold her as tight as he can, hoping it will take the pain away, because, in his mind, she has suffered too much for one person (he is just concerned that she will pop from having too many emotions inside her — she will claim he just has the emotional range of a teaspoon).

Sometimes, he wants to ask what sort of methods she used other than burglary to get money.

One day, they will ask.

One day, it won’t break their unspoken promise of trust.

But right now, when they have a warm blanket to share, hot coffee for her, a bottle of warmed sake for him, and a night’s watch to sit through, this doesn’t really matter. He is giving her one of his rare smiles and she looks so damn cute with snowflakes in her hair.
Sign up to rate and review this story