Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Look For The Boy with a Broken Smile

[[19.]]

by zildjian1039 3 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-12-21 - Updated: 2009-01-21 - 913 words

0Unrated
5-9-2006
I woke up to the sound of the airplane intercom welcoming us into Chicago. It was,natually, raining and windy and apparently having flood warnings. Allie was still asleep on my shoulder and I sort of didn't wanna wake her up because she looked like an angel. I kissed her forehead and her blue eyes eased open.
"We're here baby", I told her as she yawned.
She leaned her head on my chest and looked at me.
"So what are we doing first?" she asked,tiredly.
"Well....we have a meeting with the producer at 7 tonight so I figured in the mean time we could go see my dad and your parents...if you want."

I was still somewhat hesitant about going to see my dad, but yet excited at the same time. I was thinking that maybe, he would be proud of me since my band got a record deal..and maybe he was thinking about quitting drinking...and we could be friends like most fathers and sons are.

"Sounds good to me.Maybe my dads done being an ass."

Andy and the boys had already dragged their crap out of the storage compartments and were heading down the aisle, so I got up, grabbed my laptop case and Allie's carry-on, and we stepped off the plane into the city I knew like the back of my hand.

-------
"So uhh. Joe's going to see his momma,and me and Andy are gonna go see my mom and dad. Because Andy has no family."
"I have family ,they're in Milwaukee" ,Andy explained,sounding quite offended at Pete's comments.
"Sure Hurley. Ok well Allie and Patty, we'll meet you back at Denny's around 6:30 ok?Try not to get pregnant."
Pete could be a real assface sometimes.


Al and I made our way to the rental car we had arranged and I jumped into the driver's side. She hadn't said too much since we left the plane.
"Everything alright babe?"
"Yeah."
She seemed half in a daze but I figured it was from the lack of sleep and overdose of energy drinks,so I left it at that.
I clicked my seatbelt in, shifted the stick into drive and pulled out,glad to be in a different enviornment than a cramped airplane.
My fingers were starting to go numb,partially from the cold and partially from gripping the steering wheel nervously. I fumbled with the switches on the panel until I got both heat and my favorite radio station on.

The route to our old neighborhood was oddly familiar, and for a second I forgot I had ever left.
I glanced over at Allie,who seemed to be hypnotized by the raindrops sliding down the glass.She somehow looked lonely.
I put my hand on her leg,and she turned instinctively toward me.A smile crept across her lips and she put her hand on mine.
"There's the Allie I like to see..you looked sad a couple minutes ago."
"Not sad..just... I don't know. I want to know how my dad is gonna react."
I had a feeling that's what she was worried about.
"I'm sure he'll be fine." I assured,although I too had my doubts on this subject.
A silence followed this.
"Your hands cold.",she stated simply.
"I know."
I pulled my hand out of her grip to turn onto our street.
"You're gonna come to my house,right?",she asked,hopefulness obvious in her tone.
"Only if you want me to...I'm really not anxious to hear from my dad yet."
"Ok well good."
She unfastened her seatbelt anxiously as I pulled into the circular driveway of her house.
"They're gonna be so surprised!",she nearly yelled,grinning from ear to ear.
Her sudden excitement made me smile,and I followed her up the the large oak doors of her home.
The muffled sound of the doorbell chimed as she pressed the button,and approaching footsteps were evident.
The door swung open quickly, and Allie's clearly unexpecting mother peered through the glass.
"ALLIE!!!!!!"
Her mother's shouts echoed loudly through the large entryway,and I found myself trying to catch my balance while her mother nearly sent us both into the mud from pulling Allie into a hug that I'm sure she'll never forget.
After a few minutes of joyful tears, Allie pulled away from the hug.
And to my surprise,her mom hugged ME,too.
I grinned,feeling quite accepted,and her mother led us into the house,and shuffled off quickly to find her dad.
Al threw her arms around my neck and pulled me into a clumsy kiss.
I felt my cheeks go red because it was so unexpected.God,I can be so pathetic at times.
"My mom really likes you..she's never hugged any of my boyfriends before",she explained proudly.
Her mom returned,dragging her dad by the hand close behind.
His eyes lit up behind his half-frame glasses as he pulled his daughter into a father-like hug.
Allie looked happy,though, so I figured she hadn't expected him to make a big scene.
He then turned,and shook my hand.
"I owe you an apology.",he stated clearly.
"I'm sorry for the way I acted...can we start over?"
"Sure.",I answered shakily.
I still wasn't too excited about accepting apologies from someone that tried to choke me to death,but I got over it. I had to ,at least.
Sign up to rate and review this story