Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Look For The Boy with a Broken Smile

[[20.]]

by zildjian1039 3 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-02-20 - Updated: 2009-02-01 - 1748 words

1Original
5-9-2006
The rest of the visit with Allie's parent's went as expected. Allie and her mother prattled on about relatives and other stuff I was uninterested in, her dad peering over his newspaper every once in a while when her mom wasn't in the room,seeming to be making sure that we weren't making out or something like that.
I sat awkwardly,trying to look cute and make a good impression for the possible in-laws. After what seemed like hours, we figured it was about time to get going.
Allie's mom hugged me again, and made us promise we would visit again before we left. We promised we would, and after at least two more hugs we made it out the door. My dad's truck wasn't anywhere in sight, so we just left. Funny, he wasn't around when I needed him, and he still wasn't around when I really didn't need him.

*

-allie's pov-

I sat in the waiting room of the recording studio,waiting patiently for the boys to finish. I could hear the muffled sound of them recording,and most importantly, Patrick singing his heart out while they made their first demo. The happiness I felt for them was beyond words.
About an hour and a half later, the next thing I remember was Patrick's face about an inch from mine. I guess I must have fallen asleep,because I jerked backwards in surprise and had to catch myself before I landed on my butt.
He smiled his funny little grin,which made me smile back instinctively.
He plopped down on the couch next to me and before I knew it, he had me on his lap, holding me tight to his chest and resting his chin on my head.
I stayed smiling and closed my eyes, taking in the moment.
"You tired?" ,he mumbled.
"Mhm." I inhaled sharply, and yawned." How did it go?"
"We're picking up the demo tomorrow. He said he's gonna be trying to get it on a radio station as soon as possible."A smile was evident in his voice, even though I couldn't see his face.
"I'm so proud of you baby. Where's the rest of the gang?"
"Waiting for us outside. Come on,you gotta get into bed."
He picked me up and I wrapped my arms around his neck,grateful that I didn't have to use my legs anymore than absolutely necessary.
---
I spent the time during the lengthy car ride listening to Patrick sing along quietly with his ipod, and Peter and Joe arguing about who messed up the tempo on one of their tracks.
I leaned my head against the cold glass window and got lost in the passing scenery. A minute or two later, I felt something in my ear. Patrick had put one of his ipod headphones in, and what I heard made me smile.

The song is called "My Beautiful Rescue" by This Providence. And as I heard the lyrics flow through the headphones, I recalled a time when Patrick and I had gone out and he was dropping me off.
I shut the passenger door of Patrick's car as quietly as possible.
The window rolled down.
"I let you win.",he stated with a proud smile.
"Yeah right." I remarked. "I told you, one thing I am good at is laser tagging, you will never ever beat me."
"We'll see."
"I'll see you tomorrow Patrick."
"Wait, listen." he turned up the volume on his radio. My Beautiful Rescue was playing. He scooted into the passenger's seat and leaned out the window, singing along.
"Patrick! Shhhh my parents are sleeping! "I said through my laughs.
In response, I got a smile and he just sang louder.
I ran back to the car and leaned through the window, giving him one last kiss before I left.
He grabbed my hand, obviously wanting me to stay. I gave in quite easily and jumped into the car with him. He just held me, playing with my hair and still singing quietly.

I've loved that song ever since.

I looked over to see the same smile on his face he had that night, and he leaned closer to me and sang the chorus into my other ear,which goes something like this:

I’m falling more in love with every single word I withhold
I’m falling more in love with every single word you say
I’m falling head over heels for you…

You really have to hear this song , to get the full effect. I guess you probably have to feel the things that are being described in the lyrics, too.
He slid his hand into mine and pressed his lips softly against my own.
His eyes met my gaze, and he grinned.
I sighed.
"If you were any more amazing I wouldn't believe you were real.", I stated.
With that, I leaned my head on his shoulder and by the time the song ended I was asleep.
And I could promise you the world was a perfect place.

5-10-2006

***
-patricks pov-
So I'm normally not one to do things on ... the spur of the moment , so to say. Nothing as major as what Mr. Wentz dared me to do this particular day. And stupidly I accepted this dare. Now here I am,just Patrick...looking more stupid than usual with two lip rings. Yep, I got my lip pierced. "Snake bites " as they are supposedly called.
I parked the car in front of our hotel building ,killed the engine and hopped out, Wentz following closely behind me, fingering his new eyebrow piercing in admiration of himself.
I rolled my eyes as we stepped into the elevator.
I pressed the 7 hastily ,wanting to get to our floor as quick as possible.
"The things I let you get me into,Peter." I complained, staring at the little thingy that tells you what floor you're at.
In return, I received nothing but an obnoxious snicker.
After what seemed like an hour we got to our floor and started down the wide hallway. Andy was walking out the door just when we got to it.
"Cute ,Hurley" Pete commented on Andy's swim trunks.
Andy's eyes ping-ponged back and forth from Pete's eyebrow to my lip for a moment.
"Nice.",was all he said. And then he turned promptly ,slinging his towel over his shoulder, and walked away shaking his head.
I slid the card through the key slot on the door and shuffled into our room. Pete broke the silence by chewing on a Starburst much louder than necessary.
"Probably all at the pool or somethin'", Pete said through a mouthful of candy.
Just then Allie stuck her head in from the balcony.
"Hi!" she greeted us both, her voice as sunny as the weather outside.
By the way, that's the one good thing about the bad weather in Chicago-there's always good weather that follows it.
Anyways, she stepped inside smiling from ear to ear as usual. But as I expected , the 5 star smile dropped into an "o" shaped and her eyebrows pushed together.
She strode toward me ,the expression still remaining.
"Shit." I muttered,assuming she would be angry with me for sure.
To my relief she smiled again.
Beautiful.
"You look so scared and awkward right now.", she laughed. "Its kinda adorable."
She leaned in and kissed me, gentle but meaningful.
"It feels funny but I like it. A lot." she stated, straightening out one of the rings that the kiss had made crooked.

-allies pov-
"So,what are we up to today?", I asked trying to ditch the awkward silence between me and the boy.
"Well," he began, his perfect lips pursed into his unsure look. "Whatever you want before 5.I have to go pick up the CD"
We decided to go to the mall. Shortly after this decision , we pulled into the mall parking lot and headed inside. Of course, the first store Patrick spotted was the hat store
So, we wandered in there and I watched him look around like a kid in a candy store .
Out of nowhere, I heard someone scream my name. I had no idea who could possibly be up my ass in a mall, so I turned around, slightly aggrivated.
At first glance I almost didn't recognize her. But the shining smile she had gave it away quickly.
"MADI!" I screamed and ran to meet her outstretched arms with my own.
Madison had been my best friend for our first 3 years in highschool. When she had to move to New York for her dads job, I was heartbroken. She was the type of friend you could tell anything and she would just be there to listen. She got put through a lot of shit at my school because people said she was no good, but there was no way. She was one of the best friends I could ever ask for.
After we had shared a rather long hug and a few tears, she told me she was back in Illinois for good and I was so greatful to have my best friend back.
"Your friend is cuuuute",she noted,sending a glance in Patrick's direction,who was fidgeting nervously on a bench.
Friend. I snickered at this, and waved a hand at Patrick to come over.
He trudged over, hands in his pockets being shy as usual.
"Patrick this is my friend Madi.Madi,this is my boyfriend Patrick."
Hmmmm. Boyfriend realy doesn't cut it. More like "The boy who keeps my world revolving" or "The reason my heart beats"...anyways.
Madi's cheeks flushed as they shook hands.
"I'm going to Starbucks,you girls want anything?",Patrick offered.
We both ordered caramel frappucinos(extra caramel) and he left, grinning his adorable little smile again. I know I comment on his grin a lot, but honestly, it's the best thing I've ever seen. Anyways...(again)
I shattered the silence .
"Is he adorable or what?"
"Extremely.",Madi confirmed."So tell me about him."
I sighed contentedly. It was amazing to have someone to rant about Patrick to that wasn't the pages of my sappy journal.
"Well let me see...",I began happy to be able to brag about him."It all started when my mom forced me to bring cookies to the new neighbors."

(Much love to Jason for this chapter. Only we could carry on for 45 minutes about how sexy Patrick would look with snakebites)
Sign up to rate and review this story